AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-09-07, 12:31   Link #341
Galaxian

Place your bets now. Maskless Type: Null will be an evolution, a Mega, or a Forme change?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 13:12   Link #342
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I'm not sure whether to be glad or dissppoint no one has brought up the Lilie stuff in here.
you mean the theory's about her being UB-01 or the ones about her being the Aether foundation's leader's little sister, honestly at this point in time there is to little info story wise to put stock in either theory, i mean the theory about the skull enforcer being the leader's little brother holds more weight with the similar hair design and him having type: Null who is possibly an artificial pokemon

Last edited by shadow1296; 2016-09-07 at 13:53.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 15:41   Link #343
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

No Mega information so far gives me hopes. Gives me hopes!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 21:59   Link #344
Chosen_Hero

^Don't worry, there is still enough time for them to show it.

Also, a new trailer has dropped:

Old 2016-09-08, 02:49   Link #345
homohominilupus

So even professor Oak got alolan form lol
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 12:15   Link #346
Chosen_Hero

Rockruffs' evolution Lugarugan:

Day evolution:

Spoiler for Midday form:

Night evolution:

Spoiler for Midnight form:

UB-02 Absorption (Pokémon Sun exclusive) and UB-02 Beauty (Pokémon Moon exclusive):

Spoiler for Ultra Beasts:

Spoiler for Additional scans:

This seems to confirm that the starters' final evolutions will have branched evolution depending on whether it is day or night.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-14 at 12:43. Reason: Updated UB-02 name
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 13:06   Link #347
GDB

Those two exclusives look atrocious. Holy crap.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 13:38   Link #348
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

^Agreed. Although there's something about UB01's design I like.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 13:50   Link #349
GDB

01 is fine. The two 02, however, are awful and almost enough to negate all the interesting things they've shown up until now.
Old 2016-09-12, 14:00   Link #350
Awrya
U mad?

Am I the only one then that finds UB02 (red one) to be so bad that it's good?
Old 2016-09-12, 14:01   Link #351
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So what exactly are Ultra Beasts?
Old 2016-09-12, 14:07   Link #352
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So what exactly are Ultra Beasts?
That's the mystery, but taking what we know so far into account they are not Pokémon.
Old 2016-09-12, 14:16   Link #353
homohominilupus

They'll probably be the world-threatning danger that you'll need to stop in this game (at least thats what I think).
Honestly, I'm slightly worried that Game Freak is too much stuff and that the games won't live up to expectations.

Still gonna play them
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 19:02   Link #354
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Ub02 Expansion looks like something Saitama would fight in OPM. xD
Old 2016-09-12, 20:09   Link #355
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

When X and Y games first came out about three years ago and found out on the Mega-Evolutions concept at first I thought the franchise had jumped the shark, until purchasing and acquiring the games and found them a novel concept though clichéd in my opinion.

However, learning that this upcoming generation of games introduces the Ultra-Beasts and having a sneak peek on them makes me to ponder about the franchise's future. I shouldn't judge until playing the games, but I can make a preliminary assumption.

Maybe the concept can have a novel twist by using it to make the storyline more interesting and fresh, though I have reservations since this trope of pitting different species of monsters against each other has been tried over and over before turning into clichéd and uninspiring; I'm not forgetting that Pokemon battles are precisely pitting the Pocket monsters creatures against each other, if anyone thought that I missed that key factor of the games.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 23:19   Link #356
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As long as you cannot use the Ultra Beasts in WiFi battles... I mean, surely, Digimon are not allowed to fight in Pokemon battles, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I'm not forgetting that Pokemon battles are precisely pitting the Pocket monsters creatures against each other, if anyone thought that I missed that key factor of the games.
Oh yeah, PETA hasn't done any publicity stunts lately. I actually kinda liked the effort they put into the stunt.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 00:01   Link #357
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh yeah, PETA hasn't done any publicity stunts lately. I actually kinda liked the effort they put into the stunt.
didn't they get a cease and desist after their last one or be basically sued to the point of bankruptcy by nintendo
Old 2016-09-13, 16:02   Link #358
Chosen_Hero

More Sun and Moon news:

Lugarugan Midday form learns a move called Accelrock which is a priority move (so long flying and fire type Pokémon), Midday form is apparently a Sun version exclusive evolution.

Spoiler for Midday Form:

Meanwhile, Lugarugan Midnight form learns the move Counter, Midnight form is apparently a Moon version exclusive.

Spoiler for Midnight Form:

So I guess this means that the starter final evolutions will be different and exclusive to the version you get of the game, let's call them the Midday and Midnight forms for now. Personally, I think this is a pretty cool idea to differentiate the versions, I am still planning on getting Sun version but I hope that the final evolutions for the starters on both versions are awesome.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-13 at 16:28. Reason: Added a clearer image
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 16:10   Link #359
GDB

Why would this mean the starter final evolutions are different by version?

In fact, why assume they have alternate final forms at all?
Old 2016-09-13, 16:27   Link #360
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why would this mean the starter final evolutions are different by version?

In fact, why assume they have alternate final forms at all?
Because Rockruff shares a secret with the starters, and in the last issue of Corocoro before this one it said that this month (as in the scans you are seeing now) would reveal Rockruffs' secret evolution. Now I know you will say, "but the secret can be anything", but what is there left to reveal and keep secret about them at this point? It can't be the a secret Z-move because we already know that some Pokémon will get specialized Z-moves only they can do and that wouldn't be too much of a secret now would it? It can't be Mega Evolution because they are against giving Mega Evolutions to the current starters (Ash-Greninja is just anime bs until proven otherwise by the games), etc.

Now taking into account that what we know about Rockruff sharing some kind of secret with the starters it isn't that difficult to put two and two together, of course it is speculation until they are properly revealed but it would be foolish to ignore the bait swinging right infront of our eyes. I will admit that having the possible alternate final evolutions be exclusives sounds like a stretch (and it might just be) but thinking about it, it would be a good move on their part to push out even more copies of the game and to give the fans more reasons to pick out their version wisely (unless you are picking up both then good for you, I guess)