AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-19, 17:47   Link #661
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Tbh I believe Hestia would pity Kazuma for having to deal with such a useless goddess.
I mean Hestia is dirt poor, but at least she is hard working.
At least Hestia would sympathize with Aqua being debt ridden.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 19:08   Link #662
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

That eye of mordor though... and poor Kazuma for not being able to leech some exp from Dullahan except from that steal attempt

honestly, Aqua's MP is just too much.. she basically could use all high-level holy magic without getting exhausted at all
I think now we know that Kazuma's party is definitely the best in dealing with Demon King-level monster
They just need a big and wide space so it won't hit the town's gate, or other party

poor Dullahan though.. he is like the most tragic character in this series so far
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 20:27   Link #663
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
At least Hestia would sympathize with Aqua being debt ridden.
Not too sure about that as it is basically her own fault, while Hestia is (mostly) faultless.
Moreover Hestia keeps her debt problems to herself and doesn't bother Bell with it, while Aqua pushes them onto Kazuma on every chance she gets. (The city wall for example, completely Aqua's fault)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 22:11   Link #664
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
poor Dullahan though.. he is like the most tragic character in this series so far
No, Kazuma has it worst. The dullahan's pain is over now but Kazuma's has just begun
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 23:08   Link #665
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Actually, I think they'd get along quite well, especially the two goddesses, who would likely spend most the time together drunk. Aqua would enjoy spending time with another "girly-girl" after being stuck with Megumin and Darkness for so long, especially one she can commiserate with about goddess stuff, and once Hestia realizes that Aqua has no designs on Bell, she should get along fine with her, as she's not all that dissimilar from her other goddess friends. Kazuma would initially disdain Bell for being a "normalfag", but given that Bell is nowhere near the insufferable "goody two-shoes" that Katsuragi is and is actually a really nice, genuine guy, he would eventually grow on Kazuma, who would still resent Bell somewhat for his relative perfection, but would greatly enjoy corrupting him and using him as a source for new hax skills. Bell likes everyone until given a reason not to, and Kazuma's initial dismissiveness would only make him try harder long enough for Kazuma to come around.

The problem relationships would be the other way. Bell likes everybody, but even he would be turned off a bit by Aqua's selfishness and lack of drive, and Aqua would see Bell as incredibly boring and would inherently mistrust his nice demeanor. Kazuma would see Hestia as stuck up, and Hestia would see Kazuma as an incurable lecher.

Not in this world there isn't.

The novel explains how XP can be gained without killing. The anime has hinted at it. In case they decide to eventually mention it outright, I'll say no more, but will answer in the LN thread if anyone asks.
I can see Aqua trying to take advantage of Bell and get him to her favors such as lending her money through blackmail and tears like she tries to do with Kazuma.
Old 2016-02-20, 01:26   Link #666
human6861

About the EXP and level up ... they remove the part explain about it in cabbage hunting quests .
Spoiler for Warning , it lightnovel spoil:
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 03:22   Link #667
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
In the manga and novel it is specifically people who die young in Japan.
Which means she's even given a low-workload position compared to, say, people who died young in DR Congo.

On the other hand, Kaz's lazinesss has been raised in this thread several times, and I found his brand of NEET-ness pretty unusual. Usually there're two reasons for being a NEET--either too lazy to take a break from their hobbies (e.g. Hajime from Danna ga), or too broken to function (e.g. Jun from Rozen Maiden). Looking at how he commented on Aqua's antics last episode (saying Aqua's fear of leaving the cage not unlike his hikki days), I see Kaz's case is a case of both.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 04:24   Link #668
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

First thought after this episode:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 13:13   Link #669
The Green One

Techinically the city is still standing, so if you squint reeeeeeaaaaaaallllll hard, it's like the city was saved.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 13:19   Link #670
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Techinically the city is still standing, so if you squint reeeeeeaaaaaaallllll hard, it's like the city was saved.
Also, the casualties were fairly low, meaning that the population came through mostly intact. If this functions anything like a vaguely pre-industrial economy, the population is the majority of the economic value of the city; infrastructure only starts to get really important when labor-augmenting industrial technologies become significant.

That said, if Aqua caused enough flooding to trash the harvest...
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 13:32   Link #671
The Green One

The main problem is with the outer walls trashed it's far easier for monsters to get in and wreak havoc and kill people.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 14:16   Link #672
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The main problem is with the outer walls trashed it's far easier for monsters to get in and wreak havoc and kill people.
Query how much good the walls would actually do, though. They'd be useless at best against anything airborne, obviously, and the giant fogs might have been able to jump, at least to the top of the wall, if not necessarily clear over it.

I do wonder how atypical Megumin's ability to cast Explosion at level 6, even with the Drain effects, is. If it would be viable to train a number of people like that, an army could easily cart them around, and they wouldn't have to be able to adventure economically...
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 14:50   Link #673
Chosen_Hero

Are we sure Aqua isn't the Demon Lord? I mean so far she has been more effective in destroying the town than the bad guys themselves.
Old 2016-02-20, 15:02   Link #674
Iron Maw
Banned

"Verda did nothing wrong."

Seriously, leave to this show to be one where this meme can be said without irony.

In fact I'd argue Kazuma's party is bigger danger to town than Devil King army they are supposed to be fighting by their sheer collective ineptitude. I expect the Devil King go mad from their destined encounter where at that point death will seem like a small mercy.

Still highly enjoying this show and honestly while there better series airing this in terms of overall quality, Konosuba is probably I look forward to watching weekly the most. It's my personal AOTS at the moment even if there somethings to be desired about it.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-20 at 15:32.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 15:10   Link #675
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh, inept or not, they blunder into good results with amazing consistency.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 15:22   Link #676
SinsI

I wonder - what skills would be good for Kazuma to learn?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 15:23   Link #677
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh, inept or not, they blunder into good results with amazing consistency.
...Not without unnecessary mass collateral damage or some other terrible side-effect though. This group just can't do anything without caveats, but I suppose that's miracle itself considering how they should fail with their blunders.

Basically this pic is pretty sums up the best we can ever expect for them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
First thought after this episode:

Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 15:25   Link #678
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
I do wonder how atypical Megumin's ability to cast Explosion at level 6, even with the Drain effects, is. If it would be viable to train a number of people like that, an army could easily cart them around, and they wouldn't have to be able to adventure economically...
It's not just atypical cast on level 6, it is atypical cast, period. It require more than fifty skill points and most wizards (including high level ones doesn't have enough MP cast it even single time. Plus whatever can be done with Explosion, can be done with cheaper and more practical spells that doesn't change landscape to boot.
Old 2016-02-20, 15:34   Link #679
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
Also, the casualties were fairly low, meaning that the population came through mostly intact. If this functions anything like a vaguely pre-industrial economy, the population is the majority of the economic value of the city; infrastructure only starts to get really important when labor-augmenting industrial technologies become significant.
It functions like a "pre-industrial economy" on steroids, with population creating far more economic value than in ordinary economics due to magic. "Create Water" alone is already enough to completely revolutionize agriculture, and they have things like golems to help in construction.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 16:05   Link #680
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
...Not without unnecessary mass collateral damage or some other terrible side-effect though. This group just can't do anything without caveats, but I suppose that's miracle itself considering how they should fail with their blunders.

Basically this pic is pretty sums up the best we can ever expect for them:
Oh yeah, when? There was no real damage when they got the frogs, the cabbages, or when they purified the lake.

As for Verdia, they got rid of him and his army for the low, low price of some wall repairs.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy world, parody