Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-09, 04:19   Link #441
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
The Bad: Structurally "more of the same", antihero-encounters-setbacks-triumphs, no moving forward of Britannia plot, little mention of where our 2nd prince, who knows about the people who killed Mama Lulu.
I wouldn't exactly say that, exactly; Lelouch's loss to Cornelia wasn't entirely his fault. Her style of combat is much like Suzaku's, that is, to charge right in and crush opponents with brute force. With such tactics, Lelouch was able to predict her motions, but he lost because his troops lost faith.

That's one of the biggest troubles facing Zero (which would parallel his Messiah analogy); despite his numerous miracles, his followers are still skeptical of him and do not fully yield their faith to him.

Both Cornelia and Clovis are rather weak antagonists; Lelouch crushed Clovis fairly easily, so his stumbling against Cornelia is more likely due to happenstance and a lack of resources, rather than because he is inferior. Lelouch quite literally walked into Clovis' castle and killed him; when Cornelia arrived, she merely annexed the martial forces of her brother and augmented her own troops and excusing the former regime. She has superior numbers and power, yes, but her thinking capacity is severely lacking.

Sneezy sounds really dangerous; if Lelouch is CG's Right Yagami, Sneezy would be L, although their colours have been swapped.

On the subject of speculation, Code Geass has a lot in common with a robot game I played in 1994. If that game possibly serves as an indicator of what is to come, we might be seeing Knightmare Frames piloted not by humans, but human brains wired to the robotic system interface.

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-01-09 at 04:34. Reason: Oh, almost forgot.
Old 2007-01-09, 12:20   Link #442
Viperus

Isn't is possible to brainwash people with geass? I mean long term , like if Lelouch said "you will obey my commands from now on" wouldn't that turn the person into his slave , thus allowing Lelouch to have a huge obideant army. At least untill geass efect wares off , but for now duration of geass is still unknown , so it might be infinite.
Old 2007-01-09, 12:32   Link #443
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperus View Post
Isn't is possible to brainwash people with geass? I mean long term , like if Lelouch said "you will obey my commands from now on" wouldn't that turn the person into his slave , thus allowing Lelouch to have a huge obideant army. At least untill geass efect wares off , but for now duration of geass is still unknown , so it might be infinite.
Lelouch has already Geassed a classmate (a student attending the Academy, at any rate) into scratching a cross on a wall every morning - and so far the command doesn't seem to have worn off. It is also unclear whether she is permanently under his control or whether the actions she has been ordered to do require an impetus or a specific stimulus - like, a certain word or gesture she makes, or if she hears a clock striking a particular hour, etc.

So far, it seems that a command has been engrained in her brain - that, at least, is clear. However, the details concerning its duration and possible de/activation are unavailable.

One thing we could also wonder about is whether the Geass is actually a set of powers that C.C. can distribute to those she wants to "cooperate" with (I mean, strike a covenant with) - like smaller components of a greater whole. As such I'm wondering whether those other powers can be gleaned and absorbed, to finally rebuild the entire system from bottoms up. Think of it as the Dragon chakras seen in the Tenjou Tenge manga, where Souichiro steals Ishiyumi's Water Dragon and makes it his own, to complement his Dragon's Fists (and possibly the Dragon's Claws...not sure whether he stole them, too).
Old 2007-01-09, 19:11   Link #444
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quina Investigation
My huge theory of nature of GEASS and EVERYTHING

Personally I think that CC can't just make contract with anyone. Person qualified for Geass will have to have certain characteristics. That's why she is searching for Lulu. I also think CC have met Lulu once before when he was a kid and decide that he should be the one she will make contract with. In her dream when she was unconcious she mumbled something like.. "At last you have called my name...".

That might actually be Lulu calling her name once before when he was a child, but do not remember. She met Lulu once before confirmed by a little flash in ep1 and also why she know the name of the old guy Lulu is speaking with in ep 13. However before she has a good chance to make contract with (kid) Lulu, Britania attacks. Britania then hold CC captive, CC try to escape from times to times (thus the black and white photo) but fail. At long last, 8 years later she reunion with Lulu, the person who she will make contract with. Her first sentence.. "I have found you"...

Quote:
CC is looking at kid Lulu I have found you.. CC knows the old Kyoto leader
Mao has made contract with someone before and now he is aiming to get CC. (according to Newtype spoiler) Now we are assuming that "geass" for each person are different, but it can be thought in another way: That power of geass in fact depends on people who actually grant them.

Below are false theory, re-read the scan, and found a flaw.... so I scrap it... ...ahhh I will just need to see the next episode..
Quote:
Once CC made contract with Lulu, she learn that her contract will produce geass that can command people. Thats why she ask Lulu what is "Geass" when she was on the roof top with him in ep 5.

Quote:
CC ask about Geass in ep5 "At last you call my name.."
Mao who makes contract with "someone" before has an ability of mind reading. ( According to the post earlier) If this theory is true, then it explains why would Mao's target is CC. He wants to make 'another' contract resulting in another power of Geass.

Quote:
Mao has different power than Lulu. Mao's target is actaully CC.
If the above are true... then why would Mao capture nanali and Lulu out and stuffs not just go directly to CC (According to Spoiler in Newtype and other). The answer might be, CC race can only make 'one' and only one contract at a time. Thus in order to make contract with her, he got to get rid of Lulu first.

Quote:
Mao holds Nanali captive to lure Lulu out.
Whats more interesting is Orange! Now he is picked up by some (Britania) scienctist who has the capsule similar to CC's cage. It is quite possible that those scienctist will be attacked later and Orange might get "his" geass contract with the person inside. lol

That's my theory of "Geass" and also "Mao Logic"... lol now you are free to fire me with everything~

Last edited by quina; 2007-01-10 at 00:58.
Old 2007-01-11, 06:44   Link #445
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Okay - this comes from the LJ and it's a quite queer story. Apparently the ep13 summary from the official website had been released a certain while ago on 2chan and, with the recent update of the said website for ep13's entry, it has proven to be accurate - or so it seems. It's not known whether this comes from a Sunrise source but anyway, the word is that there was a leak. Anyway, ep14's summary was also written ep13's (on the 2chan board) beneath so we'll give the author the benefit of doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defade at the code_geass LJ community
stage 13 シャーリー と 銃口

ナリタでの戦闘によって、起こったとある事実がルルーシュやカレンの心を苦しめる。信念を貫きブリタニアと 戦っていく決意をするルルーシュは、黒の騎士団を率いてコーネリア軍へ向け出撃する。スザクの操るランスロ ットと一騎打ちとなるが、その最中、居るはずのないシャーリーの姿を見るルルーシュ。シャーリーは、ある人 物からルルーシュと黒の騎士団の関わりを指摘され、ルルーシュを追ってきたのだった。

(...) Basically, Lelouch and the Order of Black Knights head towards Cornelia's troops, planning to attack them. Once again, Mr. Lancelot To The Rescue comes and interferes. When they were engaged in a pitched battle on top of Tokyo Tower, Lelouch saw Shirley, who isn't supposed to be there. She was told by a certain someone that Lelouch had something to do with the Order of Black Knights. To find out the truth she went there.

stage14 ギアス 対 ギアス
シャーリーに秘密を知られたのではないかと疑い、彼女の後を追うルルーシュ。
どう始末をつけるのかC.C.に問われるが、ルルーシュは答えは持たなかった。
その頃、シャーリーはナリタでマオという謎の男と出会う。マオは人の思考を読むギアス能力者だ った。
彼に操られるまま、シャーリーはある罪を償うために......。

Not knowing whether his secret was revealed, Lelouch chased after Shirley. When asked what he's going to do about it, Lelouch had no answer for C.C. At that time, Shirley met a mysterious man called Mao in Narita. Mao can read people's minds. While being manipulated by Mao, Shirley, for the sake of making up for a certain sin... picked up a gun and shot Lulu.
NEVERTHELESS, and it goes without saying, take this with a BIG DUMP of salt. I'm not taking this for granted and I'll watch it for myself tonight...we only need to see whether e14 will proceed as foreseen/heralded here.
Old 2007-01-11, 07:23   Link #446
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

well could be. we'll see. WOuld be interesting. In a way.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-01-11, 10:14   Link #447
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Okay - this comes from the LJ and it's a quite queer story. Apparently the ep13 summary from the official website had been released a certain while ago on 2chan and, with the recent update of the said website for ep13's entry, it has proven to be accurate - or so it seems. It's not known whether this comes from a Sunrise source but anyway, the word is that there was a leak. Anyway, ep14's summary was also written ep13's (on the 2chan board) beneath so we'll give the author the benefit of doubt.

NEVERTHELESS, and it goes without saying, take this with a BIG DUMP of salt. I'm not taking this for granted and I'll watch it for myself tonight...we only need to see whether e14 will proceed as foreseen/heralded here.
seems so wasteful of episode... I hope both of them (13 and 14) can be done in one episode. Just like ep11 where you have fighting part and CC name call part. I hope (if it turns out that way), we have fighting part and Shirley shooting part...
Old 2007-01-11, 20:37   Link #448
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has anything been said about who's playing the part of Mao? I wouldn't mind knowing just which VA is set for the job - i already have a few in my head who'd be perfect.
Old 2007-01-11, 23:22   Link #449
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by defade at the code_geass LJ community
stage14 ギアス 対 ギアス
シャーリーに秘密を知られたのではないかと疑い、彼女の後を追うルルーシュ。
どう始末をつけるのかC.C.に問われるが、ルルーシュは答えは持たなかった。
その頃、シャーリーはナリタでマオという謎の男と出会う。マオは人の思考を読むギアス能力者だ った。
彼に操られるまま、シャーリーはある罪を償うために......。

Not knowing whether his secret was revealed, Lelouch chased after Shirley. When asked what he's going to do about it, Lelouch had no answer for C.C. At that time, Shirley met a mysterious man called Mao in Narita. Mao can read people's minds. While being manipulated by Mao, Shirley, for the sake of making up for a certain sin... <NO>picked up a gun and shot Lulu.</NO>
A big dump of salt, indeed. Lelouch chases after Shirley because he suspects that she might know his secret. There's no mention of a gun anywhere in the summary. It just stops at hinting Shirley doing something to atone for a sin.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-01-12, 00:12   Link #450
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
A big dump of salt, indeed. Lelouch chases after Shirley because he suspects that she might know his secret. There's no mention of a gun anywhere in the summary. It just stops at hinting Shirley doing something to atone for a sin.
lol yeah, I read though the japanese text... the last sentence where Shirley picked up a gun and shot Lulu is added. Although the rest of the translation is accurate. Isn't it translated to "get back for a certain crime"? instead of "atone for a sin"? hmm I am not sure about the kanji in the last sentence.

Anyway, if you had watched the new ep... Otherwise ignore the rest of the post for now, it will spoil you.

The most interesting scene to me is when CC is talking to herself.
Quote:

(Lulu voice) yeah.. you saved me just now. Thank you
(Lulu voice) You are needed, I need you CC
(CC to herself) Even though I shouldn't repeat the same mistake... "
The translation is above. which indicates that CC is repeating to same mistake and it has something to what Lulu has said to her about he needing her. (or may be the other way round?)

hmmm mistake? again? I can draw a lot of interesting theory on this... can you?

Last edited by quina; 2007-01-12 at 01:02.
Old 2007-01-12, 00:44   Link #451
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Finally able to dissect some information and it seems Suzuka stands for another promotion from Cornelia. He's really going up the ladder now. Interesting to see how far he'll go.

@Quina

She's saying that she will not repeat the same failure she made.

Side note: And please use the term japanese, your shortened use of the word is quite inappropriate.
Old 2007-01-12, 01:02   Link #452
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Finally able to dissect some information and it seems Suzuka stands for another promotion from Cornelia. He's really going up the ladder now. Interesting to see how far he'll go.

@Quina

She's saying that she will not repeat the same failure she made.

Side note: And please use the term japanese, your shortened use of the word is quite inappropriate.
hmm didn't noticed its an offense, anyway I fixed it.

Anyway, I am right about my translation. This is her exact sentence.

"watashi wa mo onaji shippai o kuriekaesu ikenai noni"
Eventhough/Although I shouldn't repeat the same mistake again..

I changed from "must not" in ikenai to "should not" because it sounds better in English.
that's "noni" at the back, change the meaning, indicating she already did it (if not about to do it?)... well someone who know how to explain this problably please do.

Last edited by quina; 2007-01-12 at 09:39.
Old 2007-01-12, 11:07   Link #453
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Quina Investigation
My huge theory of nature of GEASS and EVERYTHING

However before she has a good chance to make contract with (kid) Lulu, Britania attacks. Britania then hold CC captive, CC try to escape from times to times (thus the black and white photo) but fail.
http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...eass0313LG.jpg

The black and white photo has a WW1-era British Tank.

Quote:
Mao has made contract with someone before and now he is aiming to get CC. (according to Newtype spoiler)
According to Newtype spoiler, Mao made a contract with CC when he was six, i.e. eleven years ago. Read the character description for Mao in the scan you quoted again.

He could be after CC or after Zero -- this is up in the air. Although the same spoiler says he tries to "use Shirley to get close to Lulu".
Old 2007-01-12, 12:13   Link #454
quina

Quote:
http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...eass0313LG.jpg

The black and white photo has a WW1-era British Tank.

According to Newtype spoiler, Mao made a contract with CC when he was six, i.e. eleven years ago. Read the character description for Mao in the scan you quoted again.

He could be after CC or after Zero -- this is up in the air. Although the same spoiler says he tries to "use Shirley to get close to Lulu".
yeah, that's why I commented out the last part of the post. Since I read the spoiler and it was the CC that made contact with Mao. So that pretty much screwed the rest of my post lol
Old 2007-01-12, 15:28   Link #455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The last scene for Mao has him making his way towards where the big battle is happening - this could easily mean that he'll appear at Lelouch's position, and mention that he has already used his geass powers of Shirley.
Old 2007-01-12, 19:31   Link #456
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
okey the problem is if mao was given geass by CC 11 years ago then why does he need to capture her again? O.o its pretty confusing to think that he would need CC again just to give him the same ability...it just wouldnt make sense...or are you guys saying that the person who gave mao the geass power 11 years ago isnt the CC we know as of this present time?

i actually think that the geass ability can vary in 2 ways ~

1) is that each person from CC's race has a different abillity geass to give...

or

2) is that geass is just geass and the ability varies from person to person ie lulu getting mind control while mao gets mind reading ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-12, 21:38   Link #457
Selic

I believe they've said that Mao's Geass power warped because he used it a lot.
Old 2007-01-13, 01:07   Link #458
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I am just wondering... have there been any conclusion on who the little girl with geass eyes in the flashback Lulu saw after touching CC (we see her right after seeing CC sitting in water) in episode 11 is?
Old 2007-01-13, 03:38   Link #459
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
I am just wondering... have there been any conclusion on who the little girl with geass eyes in the flashback Lulu saw after touching CC (we see her right after seeing CC sitting in water) in episode 11 is?
We assume it was C.C. in her past as a commoner/nun, during her country's invasion/intestine conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selic View Post
I believe they've said that Mao's Geass power warped because he used it a lot.
IIRC the spoiler (I believe it came from that blog/LJ, so be extremely wary of this) said that the power of geass had a toll on the user's body...and on the mind, too.

But, since Mao's able to hear thoughts, then who knows what unpleasant things he can hear...to his great displeasure...and the knowledge he might not be able to stop the thoughts from entering his mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
okey the problem is if mao was given geass by CC 11 years ago then why does he need to capture her again? O.o its pretty confusing to think that he would need CC again just to give him the same ability...it just wouldnt make sense...or are you guys saying that the person who gave mao the geass power 11 years ago isnt the CC we know as of this present time?

i actually think that the geass ability can vary in 2 ways ~

1) is that each person from CC's race has a different abillity geass to give...

or

2) is that geass is just geass and the ability varies from person to person ie lulu getting mind control while mao gets mind reading ~
That or the Power of Geass C.C. carries either:
- is just a leaf out of a forest of powers she can bestow upon someone else, but only giving out one at a time...and perhaps because she's careful not to overdo her gift.
- the power of geass indeed changes its nature depending on the receptacle's body/mind or some other feature/variable.

One reason why C.C. didn't seek Mao back is perhaps because he didn't withstand the after/side-effects of his gift and his mind went amok...and he perhaps refused to fulfill her wish as per the contract's terms. Also, Mao might be a little more power-hungry than Lelouch is and craves for more. Maybe he wants to steal Lelouch's own geass and integrate it in his own body/mind...but that'd mean it's possible to claim other geasses from other people.

I used a while ago a comparison to the Tenjou Tenge manga where Souichiro steals Ishiyumi's 'Water Dragon' chakra (and perhaps Mataza's 'Dragon Claws' too, we don't know) and adds it to his own 'Dragon Fists'. Perhaps Mao believes (I dunno if it's actually the case but I'm playing this from Mao's possible/speculative point of view) it is indeed possible and as such is tracking Lelouch down. If this theory comes true then we might have a possible powerup for Lelouch (if he turns the tables on Mao)...although, I dunno, it might be a bit...overkill?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-01-13 at 03:55.
Old 2007-01-13, 03:58   Link #460
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
but well if CC broke the contract link between mao then why did his geass stay? O.o i would have thought that it would be a natural thing for it to disappear seen as CC doesnt have any use for him ~ now you guys are probably gonna tell me that geass in permanent

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers