AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-18, 16:16   Link #501
RDNexus

You actually went around The Green One's question...
What is it that you actually want to see? I'm curious as well.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 16:20   Link #502
The Green One

Valid? I don't have the right to say "I'm right and you're wrong." So I don't think your views are invalid, just opinionated, probably the best way to say it is you recently only look for the negative interpretation of events in a show and are unwilling to consider a positive, or at least a neutral one. Any show, not just these four this seasons are meant for entertainment. I can't imagine it's all that much fun to constantly be complaining about what you watch. It's fine if you honestly just don't like it, but yet you stubbornly insist on continuing and complaining week after week about it. How is that any fun? It just feels like you're missing the point to anime these days and it's sad to see. Don't force yourself to watch something you don't like. Your opinions are fine and valid but it doesn't seem like a fun way to relax. Take it as you will.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 16:21   Link #503
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of like the fact that Basara's fight was basically pointless . It'd be pretty easy to pull some weak twist for Basara to take down the guy, but they decided to not take that. Maybe it's hardly unbelievable to use Mio, but having her potential awaken enough to just blow off that guy's arm was pretty cool. Sure Basara stopped her from killing him....but he kind of had to considering the promise he made
Old 2015-03-18, 16:29   Link #504
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
You actually went around The Green One's question...
What is it that you actually want to see? I'm curious as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Valid? I don't have the right to say "I'm right and you're wrong." So I don't think your views are invalid, just opinionated, probably the best way to say it is you recently only look for the negative interpretation of events in a show and are unwilling to consider a positive, or at least a neutral one. Any show, not just these four this seasons are meant for entertainment. I can't imagine it's all that much fun to constantly be complaining about what you watch. It's fine if you honestly just don't like it, but yet you stubbornly insist on continuing and complaining week after week about it. How is that any fun? It just feels like you're missing the point to anime these days and it's sad to see. Don't force yourself to watch something you don't like. Your opinions are fine and valid but it doesn't seem like a fun way to relax. Take it as you will.

To be honest what to i want to see i dont know. Truthfully watching it and analyzing it has brought out the worst out of me recently. I should just sit back and watch for fun and not analyze. If nothing else i feel like if im gonna grade a show i need to explain why and in analyzing it i think i just get to be in sour grapes.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 16:54   Link #505
Wandering Soul

So Mio's own power is stronger than her fathers. That was also a nice plan by Basara and Lars. Basara doesn't necessarily have to defeat Zolgia and Lars can get his revenge.
Old 2015-03-18, 17:04   Link #506
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Basara saved Zest, awww.

Zest is plenty strong, don't know how she lost to Mio and Yuki.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 17:39   Link #507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I must say, "the price of the help I got is that somebody else gets to kill the bad guy" is a much better reason to let him go than the usual "if you kill him, you'll be like him" or "vengeance is wrong because I said so", even if that's what he told Mio.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 17:48   Link #508
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I must say, "the price of the help I got is that somebody else gets to kill the bad guy" is a much better reason to let him go than the usual "if you kill him, you'll be like him" or "vengeance is wrong because I said so", even if that's what he told Mio.
I did actually approve of that. Even if part of him believed what he was saying and it did work....that wasn't the reason he couldn't let her kill him . That other people have as much interest in killing that guy as she does and bargained for their claim works really nicely.

Which is definitely better than letting a guy you barely managed to overcome go so he can try to kill you later.
Old 2015-03-18, 18:02   Link #509
The Green One

Well he did give his word that Lars gets Zolgia's head. Can't really tell Mio that. He also does have a point that Mio shouldn't have to taint herself with hate to get her revenge. It won't bring her love ones back and based on her known personality it won't make her happy either. Basara said it quite well, it would give her a momentary relief, but then it would weigh on her in the end. It's reassuring that Basara wasn't just letting Zolgia go anyway just to play the morally upright hero, just that he had already promised Zolgia's horrible demise to someone else.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 18:07   Link #510
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well he did give his word that Lars gets Zolgia's head. Can't really tell Mio that. He also does have a point that Mio shouldn't have to taint herself with hate to get her revenge. It won't bring her love ones back and based on her known personality it won't make her happy either. Basara said it quite well, it would give her a momentary relief, but then it would weigh on her in the end.
Yeah, but by itself, it isn't much of a justification for letting the guy go. And frankly, whether it becomes a weight on her or not would depend on her. I like that he had a practical reason for it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 18:12   Link #511
GDB

So... Lars is basically Mio's foster Uncle?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 18:15   Link #512
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... Lars is basically Mio's foster Uncle?
Nah, Mio's foster parents used to run an orphanage and Lars grew up in it.
Old 2015-03-18, 19:16   Link #513
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great episode
remove those censor and Shinmai Maou would definitely triumph over the other LN-adaptation show in this season
Basara is absolutely cool.. and Mio is become more and more honest
The villain is really evil.. and Lars showed a potential to be Basara's greatest mercenary
It is not very clear what would happen to Zest from now.. but it would be solved in next episode

loli mom....
I thought Maria is the loli but.... there is someone more loli than her

and that dream.... damn! I really want to see the uncensored version
It is Basara's harem world indeed *surprised to see Maria's mom is in there as well*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 19:20   Link #514
Zenthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
great episode
remove those censor and Shinmai Maou would definitely triumph over the other LN-adaptation show in this season
Basara is absolutely cool.. and Mio is become more and more honest
The villain is really evil.. and Lars showed a potential to be Basara's greatest mercenary
It is not very clear what would happen to Zest from now.. but it would be solved in next episode

loli mom....
I thought Maria is the loli but.... there is someone more loli than her

and that dream.... damn! I really want to see the uncensored version
It is Basara's harem world indeed *surprised to see Maria's mom is in there as well*
here you go http://imgur.com/UXU5tje
Zenthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 19:30   Link #515
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post

Until BD releases of course.
Presuming that the BDs don't preserve the censoring. Have any of the BD episodes been released to determine one way or the other?
Old 2015-03-18, 19:41   Link #516
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Presuming that the BDs don't preserve the censoring. Have any of the BD episodes been released to determine one way or the other?
Preview images. Just take a look at the post above yours...
Old 2015-03-18, 20:16   Link #517
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Well I thought it was a pretty solid episode minus one aspect. I feel like not explaining the four types of fighting styles (Speed, Power, Magic, Skill) was a big oversight.

As for the fight. I thought it was pretty well animated. The source material wasn't that great to work with on this fight. I'll wait till the next volume battle to judge a fight cause volume 2 has much better fight scenes.

And if I were to guess it will go the Manga route and have Mio apply the medicine with her body like she did in the manga. That will be this episodes super ecchi 3 minutes. Is it 3 minutes per episode or 3 per BD? which each bd has 2 episodes right?
I thought so too, but Yuki knew about the bath scene with basara, Mio and Maria and she didn't know about that in the manga, so it has to be something about the roof scene as well i think otherwise it wouldn't make sense
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 21:06   Link #518
dragon213

so if you say in order which girls do you like most, in looks and personality?

Mine are Mio, Hasegawa, Zest (I know former enemy but she weren't really bad), Kurumi (WAY cuter than her older sister in all of the versions and her attitude will get better), Yuki (The reason she's on the second to last place is how the manga and light novel usually shows her, with a cold and expressionless face which most of the times has in both versions, anime a little better since she shows more expressions in it but she still does show that kind of face from time to time) and Maria.

I like the kind of person Mio is the most, always trying to look out for everyone around her despite her situation, and also while she's a tsundere so is she not as bad as most are who can go months before even admitting to themself about their affection for the MC and unlike most of them she never disliked the MC in the beginning, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to so great lenght to make sure he left unharm, and might actually tried to fight back when they found out he was a hero. Sure they hurt his feelings by decieving him but Mio hated doing that to him and I think she thought he wouldn't suffer because of it since he were supposed to forget all about them, she never wanted someone who didn't have anything to do with her fight to get involved with her and get hurt (Basara and Jin) but it ended better for her, she found someone who both could and wanted to protect her and she also got a love interest, and the more times goes the more honest she get about her love for him, at least when she's alone with him since she's too shy to act lovestruck in front of other people.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 22:15   Link #519
Articalys

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/024/1024666/

How interesting, a second season just got announced. Starts in October. New title is "Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST".
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 22:18   Link #520
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articalys View Post
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/024/1024666/

How interesting, a second season just got announced. Starts in October. New title is "Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST".
seems like as if it was almost planned to be split cour
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi