AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-06, 19:16   Link #181
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

whoa. pretty sweet first episode. will definitely follow this one up. its been a while since i've watched a good mecha show.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 19:25   Link #182
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Can't decide if I want her dead or alive.

Uhm....... how about neither? She's not dead, but was never alive.

-

Speaking of the princess, I wonder who will pick up the "plot shield" aka. trinket princess had on her.
Old 2014-07-06, 19:29   Link #183
Irenesharda

Looking at the poster art, I'm guessing Inaho is going to be piloting the Earth models we saw at the school in the first episode, while Slaine will be piloting a Vers mech.

Here's a guess for future events:
Slaine, enraged at the princess' "murder" fights for the Vers in attempting to make the Earth pay for her death. However, unknown to Slaine and the Vers aristocracy, the princess has changed places with a double after being warned that her own people had planned an attack on her life. She tries to blend in undercover on Earth and gets mixed up with the Earth resistance effort, where she meets Inaho. She decides to help Earth in an effort to find some way of having peace.

During battle Inaho and Slaine meet in combat and Inaho describes the mech to the princess who recognizes it as Slaine's. She desires to meet him in order to explain what really happened, and so appears on the next battlefield. However, in his blind rage, Slaine doesn't see her until it's too late and he inadvertently kills the princess.

Well, this is all just speculation, but it's an idea of where this story could go.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 19:46   Link #184
Somnus
Eh?

Watched the first episode.

I'm curious, but that's about it. My interest will be severely increased/decreased at whether the princess is alive or not. Not because I want her to be alive cause "she's a cute girl", but because if she truly is dead then the human race is beyond stupid for putting that dumb little convoy as her only protection. And if that's the case, they deserve whatever's coming to them.

That said, the lack of showing her face tells me it was indeed a decoy.

EDIT:

Best part of the episode was Inaho's sister slamming the table and pouting at breakfast. Freaking adorable.
Old 2014-07-06, 19:55   Link #185
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Finally a series that compliments the Guilty Crown OST.
Trying to jynx this anime?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:09   Link #186
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
A series already compliments the Guilty Crown OST, it's called Shingeki no Kyojin.
It's not quite the same feel.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:21   Link #187
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Spoiler for Timeline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Here's a look at the map from the episode and what the destruction of the moon (Heaven's Fall) did to the geography of the world. I'm sorry east and west coast of the America, it looks like America lost huge chunks of it's continental land. Half of Australia is gone. And poor South America...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ok, lets pull the map & time line along with us.

First, very convenient that Japan is unscathed and most of the U.S. and a good chunk of Canada with a large populations gets offed On the other hand, the map makes it look like the outer banks islands on the Eastern U.S. coast, Baltimore and maybe even Washington D.C. made it?! Yeah - that's about as wonky as Japan being unscathed. Maybe they were trying to take North America out of the picture of their story? Hopefully, the powers that be work on the map a bit for the BD release because I think that map has a lot of issues as is. As one poster pointed out, the map makes it look bad enough no one on Earth should be even alive and I agree with that assessment .

Now, more seriously on the map issue - what happened to New Orleans makes more sense now with the map and timeline. I was like "why would anyone attack New Orleans?" There isn't much going on there that makes a target in our timeline (loved the comment about drinking during lent earlier, BTW ). However, if you off Atlanta and half of the coasts (I have to wonder if Atlanta was nuked in the earlier terrorist attack and maybe not the Heaven's Fall incident?), it would be one of the remaining large U.S. cities. The map looks like Chicago is gone as well, so NOLA could be the Capital now, though being an American I'd think Denver or Colorado Springs might be more likely. Plus the map is making me wonder just why attack the U.S. at all - I'm not sure there's enough left of North America at this point for the U.S. to matter.

Oh and I was going to mention yesterday there something about the MC that reminds me of Guilty Crown but decided not to because I noticed Urobuchi isn't connected to that show (at least not credit wise). Still, the issue may be less Guilty Crown and more a current Mecha trend with MC's that act a certain way. That could also lead to giving the shows a similar feeling.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:28   Link #188
cleo

Great fist ep. Enough exposition to paint the world, without getting boring. And enough character interaction to show who's who. I had a wtf moment when the singing started, but wow. They sure made it plain that this isn't another Gargantia. And than those kids: "I wished for World Peace". Geez.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:46   Link #189
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I enjoyed the first episode, despite a lot of cliches, they are executed well. The only thing I dislike about the first episode is the one most notable part of the plot was already revealed. I would much prefer they show the Princess surviving another way instead of the old switch method.

The highlight has to be the ending sequence, nice touch of the music that caught me and many others surprise and pique the interest for the next episode.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:55   Link #190
Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I enjoyed the first episode, despite a lot of cliches, they are executed well. The only thing I dislike about the first episode is the one most notable part of the plot was already revealed. I would much prefer they show the Princess surviving another way instead of the old switch method.

The highlight has to be the ending sequence, nice touch of the music that caught me and many others surprise and pique the interest for the next episode.
You must be unfamiliar with who scripted this. Expect a twist in the plot of some sort.
Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 21:15   Link #191
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
You must be unfamiliar with who scripted this. Expect a twist in the plot of some sort.
It has already been said Urobuchi only wrote the first three episodes (and this is a 24 episode series), and I think he didn't even do series composition (whoever is in charge of that is the lead writer). Basically they only hired him to have his name on the credits (you know, for the hype) but he's not all that involved in the project.
Old 2014-07-06, 21:19   Link #192
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Ok, lets pull the map & time line along with us.

First, very convenient that Japan is unscathed and most of the U.S. and a good chunk of Canada with a large populations gets offed On the other hand, the map makes it look like the outer banks islands on the Eastern U.S. coast, Baltimore and maybe even Washington D.C. made it?! Yeah - that's about as wonky as Japan being unscathed. Maybe they were trying to take North America out of the picture of their story? Hopefully, the powers that be work on the map a bit for the BD release because I think that map has a lot of issues as is. As one poster pointed out, the map makes it look bad enough no one on Earth should be even alive and I agree with that assessment .

Now, more seriously on the map issue - what happened to New Orleans makes more sense now with the map and timeline. I was like "why would anyone attack New Orleans?" There isn't much going on there that makes a target in our timeline (loved the comment about drinking during lent earlier, BTW ). However, if you off Atlanta and half of the coasts (I have to wonder if Atlanta was nuked in the earlier terrorist attack and maybe not the Heaven's Fall incident?), it would be one of the remaining large U.S. cities. The map looks like Chicago is gone as well, so NOLA could be the Capital now, though being an American I'd think Denver or Colorado Springs might be more likely. Plus the map is making me wonder just why attack the U.S. at all - I'm not sure there's enough left of North America at this point for the U.S. to matter.

Oh and I was going to mention yesterday there something about the MC that reminds me of Guilty Crown but decided not to because I noticed Urobuchi isn't connected to that show (at least not credit wise). Still, the issue may be less Guilty Crown and more a current Mecha trend with MC's that act a certain way. That could also lead to giving the shows a similar feeling.
Well, from the way it looks, I'd say Washington D.C. is either gone or in a lot of trouble. Whatever happened to it, I'd think the US would more than likely have to move the Capital somewhere else. Also, with that much damage to the US as well as that many people who would have died, and all the destruction that would have plummeted the economy, we would have probably have had to since all of our resources into the recovery effort. Much of our military and NASA resources would have also been diverted to helping the country get back on its feet, and both of those groups would have taken a large blow thanks to the destruction as well. So, it actually kind of makes sense that America, who normally would have probably ordered a preemptive strike on the Vers descending castles before they even fell down, did nothing in defense.

My city of Chicago is gone, and Atlanta was destroyed in both a terrorist attack and in the resulting natural disasters. New Orleans is also a bad location considering it's position in the ocean and the dangers that come with that. I think the capital in Denver or Dallas would make more sense.

Also, another person said it was interesting that all the major military powers were the ones that got hit the hardest. With America trashed, the UK probably in a lot of trouble considering it's island nature and the loss of Ireland. The EU have taken a beating considering some of Italy is gone, the Baltic countries are gone, India is gone, a large amount of Australia gone, and the rest of the world probably trying to stay afloat, the world's military and defense resources are probably very lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It has already been said Urobuchi only wrote the first three episodes (and this is a 24 episode series), and I think he didn't even do series composition (whoever is in charge of that is the lead writer). Basically they only hired him to have his name on the credits (you know, for the hype) but he's not all that involved in the project.
Well, any plot twist with the princess' survival would be in this first episode and the second episode, both episodes he scripted, so the statement stands.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 21:39   Link #193
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Apollo 17 found remains of ancient Mars technology on the moon surface. A teleportation device was unearthed in the ruins, which made travel between Earth and Mars possible. It was named "Hyper Gate"

United Nations proposed the Mars development project and signed by the member nations. The resources on Mars would not for military purposes. The signing of the treaty was what actually ended the cold war. For the first exploration, Professor Ray Regalia was the lead.

Mars development centre was set up and mankind started to move to Earth. First settlement involved 340,000 people.

Ray Regalia suddenly turned again Earth and yearned Mars to armed itself. United Nations tried to contain the conflict by force but the situation escalated.
well that just silly. assuming it based on real world situation before 1969

first thing. how do you know it made from mars? doe sit say "made in mars" somewhere?

ok fine the somehow test it and manage to teleported to mars. why it so fast for UN to agree with colonization plan? and somehow the space colony and rocket technology accelerate so fast to them able to colonies in mars.

then 2 years after colonization the decide to REBELLION!!. wow that certain escalated quickly.

this is highly unrealistic and silly. but fuck logic in mecha anime right!

only logical speculation i can think of is that Regalia already plan this long time ago and know existence of ancient mars civilization. this make me speculate even further

TL;DR…

on other news interesting 1st episode. the budget certainly go high in this. ofc standard anime dictate. unleash we really see the body dead. they are not dead

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 22:31   Link #194
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well that just silly. assuming it based on real world situation before 1969

first thing. how do you know it made from mars? doe sit say "made in mars" somewhere?

ok fine the somehow test it and manage to teleported to mars. why it so fast for UN to agree with colonization plan? and somehow the space colony and rocket technology accelerate so fast to them able to colonies in mars.

then 2 years after colonization the decide to REBELLION!!. wow that certain escalated quickly.

this is highly unrealistic and silly. but fuck logic in mecha anime right!

only logical speculation i can think of is that Regalia already plan this long time ago and know existence of ancient mars civilization. this make me speculate even further

TL;DR…

on other news interesting 1st episode. the budget certainly go high in this. ofc standard anime dictate. unleash we really see the body dead. they are not dead
They obviously didn't know it was Martian when they first found it. This is historical information so they called it Martian in hindsight.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 22:56   Link #195
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the staffing on this show is solid. i was a fan of guilty crown (despite its obvious faults) because it tried and somewhat successfully kept its plot mature. plus the music. hopefully the guy can keep up the good work.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-07-06, 23:10   Link #196
BPD Renegade

Okay, so after my third time watching this (), I noticed a couple things:

-The two terrorists were in the bar and left after the doctor arrived and they exchanged greetings. Possible connection with Lieutenant. Doctor possibly involved in assassination plot. It'd be convenient that he's friends with an insider.

-We saw a body crawl out of the car. But right before the final bomb drops (after the shot of the back of her head), we see a person standing upright. The person does look like somewhat like the princess, but the shot isn't a hundred percent clear.

Chances that it is her, but she somehow survives and is horribly disfigured?

No matter how many times I watch this, I don't get tired of it.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 23:16   Link #197
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The scene with the children at the end is one of things that I enjoyed, but at the same time kind of disturbed about it. This show is definitely going to pull many emotional strings.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 23:49   Link #198
LystAP

I can't stop replaying the ending orbital castle drop scene; that OST is wonderful.

Quote:
The scene with the children at the end is one of things that I enjoyed, but at the same time kind of disturbed about it. This show is definitely going to pull many emotional strings.
It's a generic wish that innocent children wish for every year, and it will never come true.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 00:04   Link #199
konart

Quote:
Chances that it is her, but she somehow survives and is horribly disfigured?
No. That person, whoever it was - should be dead. I can't survive this.
Old 2014-07-07, 00:35   Link #200
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
i really hope so. the shows that have the guts to pull on heart strings are the ones that are remembered.

Tags
mecha, sci-fi