AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-05, 17:21   Link #61
Strahan

Yea, I meant as far as her developing trust in them, not so much their perceptions.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-07, 22:10   Link #62
Manabu

I liked how Ivy was so afraid to tell the adventures about Sora, but decided to tell them after Sora pushing for it AND them trusting and acting on what she said last night. She is not a careless idiot, and not irreversibly distrustful. I felt like it was a good balance.

There are two things I didn't understand:

Why Meela didn't do a second attempt later that night when everybody was asleep? Would be too suspicious if she was seen walking around that late and that is why she tried earlier when there were still a bit of movement but mainly inside tents?

Why the two teams are staying in tents outside, with Ivy in her own segregated tent, instead of one of them giving a room in their houses for her and everybody being under a more comfortable roof?

Meela is certainly planning a kidnapping, but I'm not sure if she wants to kidnap Sora or Ivy (or both?). There are still 4 episodes to go, we might go with an indirection at first and then maybe the merchant be the one related with the children kidnappings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The guards from the last town figured out her gender, I wonder if this group has too (besides the guy still calling her a little brother).
Well, they figured out because they made the connection between Ivy and Felicia. I'm not sure if the Lightning King guys even know she is from Latami. But the reactions of the other Blazing Sword guys when Lattrua hugs his "young brother" are suspect, they might indeed have figured out her gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
As to the five year old infidelity thing, one would hope that if you find out a child you've raised from birth for the last five years isn't yours, you don't immediately throw them out. You still loved and raised the child, and most normal people don't just "turn off" love. It'd be pretty heinous to cast off a kid for something out of their control. Even worse to stay passive while people want to kill them.
I think the most similar thing in modern times, eliciting similar responses, would be a religious fundamentalist dad that hears his son is gay.

Quote:
I guess I can see what you're saying BW, at least having contrition shows some growth but man.. it'd be really hard for me to stomach heh. The "beat me up" example though I would find less meaningful than someone just apologizing. If someone said that to me, I'd think of it as them wanting an easy means of escaping guilt. Like "well, I let him punch me so we're even now, no worries". That's too simplistic for me to credit them with actually wanting to make things right.
Well, the rest of the family can be redeemed. The mother tried to diffuse the situation, but was too shocked and afraid by the husband's reaction and allegations. The kids are kids. I don't have high ropes for the brother with high star count that will probably stay by his dad's side, but maaybe her older sister can see the light. I don't see a redemption path for the dad or the village chief. The best scenario I can think are they being killed or turning into criminal slaves before Ivy can see them again.
Manabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 16:34   Link #63
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick up Dads continues her quest to accumulate Dads
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 17:17   Link #64
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick up Dads continues her quest to accumulate Dads
And Brothers.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 20:37   Link #65
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The guards from the last town figured out her gender, I wonder if this group has too (besides the guy still calling her a little brother).
...Who ended up the first one to guess, or at least the first to actually ask her.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-09, 00:20   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm glad that Lattrua ended up being the one to at least bring it up. It doesn't matter that much, but not a bad thing for at least one of them to know. Might avoid some troubles in the future that way.

Certainly going to be up to Lattrua to step up big in the next episode. No surprise that they'd make a move on Ivy eventually. Thankfully she isn't alone. It's obviously still not great since if it turns into a fight he's outnumbered and needs to protect Ivy. But depending on where the attack eventually happens maybe some unexpected feline help can intervene (if it's out of town anyways).

Wow, this conspiracy just kept growing beyond belief! My god...what a nightmare! Just traitors all over the place. To the point where the organization is practically its own political movement! Bringing this down is going to be a bit chaotic! Still, it's a good thing they are figuring things out.

Also points again to Ivy's past life. Really provided some handy tips . Ivy's life has been tough, but at least she does have a good voice in her head .
Old 2024-03-12, 01:21   Link #67
Alchemist007
*Author

Wonder if the kidnappers are testing them to see how much they know or suspect. Or could be an outright kidnapping attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
...Who ended up the first one to guess, or at least the first to actually ask her.
Didn't expect it, though I guess he's had the most physical contact by now.
Old 2024-03-16, 20:50   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really playing a dangerous game here. But I suppose they are just that desperate.

Really putting Ivy into a dangerous spot. I get the idea of what they want to accomplish. But definitely risky. Also...I guess it's nice that they want to make one of the kidnappers more sympathetic. Though no matter how unappreciated she feels due to her skill, it really doesn't excuse the kids she's probably also sold out! But whatever, I guess her brothers will be made to be the truly irredeemable ones.

Couple more episodes for all this craziness to play out. But the good thing is that bonds should be more than tight enough for Ivy to feel more comfortable revealing more to the others.
Old 2024-03-17, 21:05   Link #69
Strahan

They'll be lucky if they didn't tip their hand to the organization with that introduction thing. Could Ivy be any more obvious? Just gotta hope the bad guys are dumb as stumps and didn't notice, lol
Old 2024-03-17, 23:34   Link #70
scififan

Mira is also a beast tamer, but she is not benefiting from her skill. She and her brothers turned rogues. The conversation at the restaurant reveals she doesn't make a cut to be an adventurer. Ivy's past life knowledge, probably from watching films, figures out Mira and her brothers are in danger to be sacrificed by her syndicate. The masterminds behind her syndicate somehow figure they are been spotted. So, Mira is tasked to get Ivy, who is already under the watchful eye of the guild. Mira probably have limited knowledge about her syndicate. It would not make difference if she gets caught by the guild. Ivy seems want to help Mira because she thinks Mira may get the silence treatment by her syndicate. Her syndicate may want to make her and her siblings as the only culprits. The red head adventurer is concerned about his childhood friend, too.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-29, 15:00   Link #71
Huh...?

Overall a Good Series.
Neither Great, Neither Bad.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-29, 15:01   Link #72
Strahan

That was a nice show. I definitely think I'd just settle down if I were Ivy, but then, we can't have that as we need the adventure to continue for more story lol.

I thought for sure the writer would have Mira at the party, like because she helped at the end all was forgiven. So many writers make everyone forgive people for nearly any crimes, especially if they are attractive women lol. I was happy to see they didn't do that and actually had her in what I assume was a type of jail (though man, what a roomy cell).

I wonder if we'll get a second season.
Old 2024-03-29, 15:14   Link #73
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Cute series overall but I feel like it stopped making much sense during the "organization" plotline.
Quote:
That was a nice show. I definitely think I'd just settle down if I were Ivy, but then, we can't have that as we need the adventure to continue for more story lol.
Think of all the dads she'd miss out on if she did settle down.
Old 2024-03-30, 00:51   Link #74
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

On the downside, I felt like Ivy was too much of a "Mary Sue" character, with all those grown men falling all over themselves to praise and thank her.

On the upside, I loved the way Ivy always came back to understanding money in terms of field mice. I write educational books on STEM subjects for teenagers, and I've given presentations about storytelling in Japan, where it's expected that the audience will be able to follow real mathematics. I also liked the bit about the magic bags a few episodes ago, which used elements of Set Theory.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-30, 11:00   Link #75
Decel

5/10.

I like the MC and her way of thinking is very suited to her character (ex: money in field mice). I like how they explained how she got the ultra-rare slime: it somewhat makes sense.

Otherwise yeah the plot wasn't really believable in the latter part of the series.
Old 2024-03-30, 15:33   Link #76
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
On the downside, I felt like Ivy was too much of a "Mary Sue" character, with all those grown men falling all over themselves to praise and thank her.

On the upside, I loved the way Ivy always came back to understanding money in terms of field mice. I write educational books on STEM subjects for teenagers, and I've given presentations about storytelling in Japan, where it's expected that the audience will be able to follow real mathematics. I also liked the bit about the magic bags a few episodes ago, which used elements of Set Theory.
Good job for writing a book for education! I still don't think anime has sufficient resources for teaching math. The math in anime were created by accidents. Manga is still the way to introduce students to math. There are already manga out there introducing 7th-12th grades students to electronics, nursing, chemistry, etc.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Cute series overall but I feel like it stopped making much sense during the "organization" plotline.Think of all the dads she'd miss out on if she did settle down.
She doesn't trust people due to her childhood. Now, she has the courage to trust people again. I think that is the point of the show. She is still yearning to see the world. The huge beast shows up next to her is like telling people she is not alone. Even there is difficulty, she may turn out fine. The epilogue shows the birth of the slime sola. It feels like the beginning of the story again.

Last edited by scififan; 2024-03-30 at 15:46.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-31, 22:26   Link #77
Alchemist007
*Author

Good characterization for the lead, fun and harrowing adventures, where's the S2 announcement?

8/10
Old 2024-04-01, 00:58   Link #78
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The math in anime were created by accidents. Manga is still the way to introduce students to math. There are already manga out there introducing 7th-12th grades students to electronics, nursing, chemistry, etc.
Wow, thanks for all that! I'd seen some of it before, but not that much.

My point with this anime was not that it was presenting math specifically, but rather that it carried the expectation that when Ivy was translating her reward money into numbers of field mice, the audience would know what she was doing and would be able to follow along. There is no such expectation of American audiences.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-01, 01:05   Link #79
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

This finished airing right? So its time to binge watch it, I'll edit out this with my comments on it after I do so
Old 2024-04-01, 02:05   Link #80
HandofFate

so the village was just a bunch of assholes, and is 0 star not that bullied?

Tags
outcast, young heroine