Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 14:20   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Inception (2010) - BBBRRRRRRMMMMM!

I checked once, I checked twice and even triple checked and even let other people check but not one thread about this years movie Inception..
Son, I am disappoint!

Anyway, starting a thread for the awesome film which is now starting to come out, it is in some countries mine it starts opening in a couple weeks.

Anyway, new Nolan film staring Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page and many more..

Inception
Directed by Christopher Nolan

Anyway, last year we were surprised by this teaser:

Which started the hype of Inception, the movie that is coming out in the next weeks/month

Quote:
Originally Posted by plot
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.
Spoiler for for a more detailed plot:

I don't know about you guys but I have been looking forward for this movie since last year when the teaser came out, from what I have heard from the people who have seen it: the plot is complex, the movie is very tense. As expected from Nolan who directed previously Memento, TDK, The Prestige and so on.

I am starting this thread for discussion of the movie as we have movie threads all over the place however not yet of this one.

Music is done by Hans Zimmer, I already have the soundtrack and it is amazing the same darkish vibe Zimmer was giving us when he worked with Thomas Newton on TDK's music.

Anyway here are the other trailers =) and some posters which were photographed and hell I am adding it because it looks amazing:

Official trailer:

Official trailer 2:

Awesome movie add

and lastly BBRRRMMMMMMHHH!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:26   Link #2
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'm seeing the movie this Friday. Will let you know how it is. From what I can tell, it promises to be a brilliant movie. Not because of the trailer. But because Di Caprio is in it, and he never acts in a poor movie.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:28   Link #3
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Planning to watch it on the premier (23th around here) and really, really looking forward to it. Even more so because I've only watched the first trailer and actively resisted reading anymore info about it. Hence I only have a vague idea of what's it about. Best way to watch something like this, IMO. Fancies all my nerves.

And, of course, Di Caprio being in it is a big plus. In recent years he's grown on me and is one of my top fav actors. Not to mention Hans Zimmer for the music. His stuff is simply epic. *listens to the first trailer, over and over again*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:33   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Planning to watch it on the premier (23th around here) and really, really looking forward to it. Even more so because I've only watched the first trailer and actively resisted reading anymore info about it. Hence I only have a vague idea of what's it about. Best way to watch something like this, IMO. Fancies all my nerves.

And, of course, Di Caprio being in it is a big plus. In recent years he's grown on me and is one of my top fav actors. Not to mention Hans Zimmer for the music. His stuff is simply epic.
True watching the other 2 trailers kind of spoils it like it always does in movies.
I remember when trailer 1 first hit cinema's and some dude in Australia cammed it with his phone, so many people screaming at Leo when he came up XD

Leo in the past years has grown massively as an actor, I never liked him when he was younger in Titanic but also not in The Beach etc.
Too young IMO, but the way he is now whow D: prime time of his life!
Leo's past performances in The Departed and after that in Shutter Island were amazing and so we know what to expect of him and I am certainly going for him though just seeing Nolan's name makes me gasp and gaw.
I am planning to go in the first week, just trying to figure out whether or not I should take my sister or a friend
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:45   Link #5
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Leonardo DeCaprio is a good actor and I also find the plot really interesting, really unique. I think it's still coming out next month where I live though.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:49   Link #6
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Leo's past performances in The Departed and after that in Shutter Island were amazing and so we know what to expect of him and I am certainly going for him though just seeing Nolan's name makes me gasp and gaw.
I am planning to go in the first week, just trying to figure out whether or not I should take my sister or a friend
I agree. I didn't like Di Caprio at all when he was doing Titanic, but ever since he played in The Departed and subsequently in Blood Diamond, he's shown to have great talent and he knows how to use it. He was also really good in Catch me if you Can and in Body of Lies. That said, I trust that he will be great in this movie. Granted, the plot also looks very enticing, but I don't want to know too much about it before the movie. Not this time
Old 2010-07-14, 14:56   Link #7
james0246

Who cares about Leonardo DiCaprio, I'm seeing the film for Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe and Joseph Gordon-Levitt . In fact, all of the headlining actors in this film have had an amazing several year run of good (sometimes great) movie after good (sometimes great) movie. DiCaprio and Murphy haven't made a bad film since 2002 (okay, they aren't all necessarily good, but none of them are bad), Gordon-Levitt (despite the horrifically boring G.I. Joe) has been stupendous since 2005's Brick, and Watanabe is a well deserved rising star (in America, he's already big in Japan).

Oh yeah, and the story looks interesting...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:18   Link #8
Xion Valkyrie

This looks like its going to be THE movie of the year, at least for me.

Awesome ad on that building there.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:34   Link #9
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe
Oh dear. My memory is horrible with names so I didn't place these at first, but they turned out to be two actors I really like. Especially Murphy in 28 Days Later, which is probably my second favorite movie of all time.

In other words, yaaaaaaaaaaay.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 16:10   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Might another "lets see how far down the rabbit hole it goes" adventure, so yeah - definitely a trip to see.
Old 2010-07-14, 16:14   Link #11
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Ken Watanabe is going to carry this film.
Old 2010-07-14, 19:26   Link #12
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The many wonderful actors in this film is enough for me to go see it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 21:01   Link #13
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Its going to be a hell of a movie, no doubt about it!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 21:17   Link #14
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Each time that I see the title of this thread, I think about the vuvuzela
Old 2010-07-15, 01:56   Link #15
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe and Joseph Gordon-Levitt .
OH SNAP!!!! I didn't realize he was in it. I agree with synaesthetic. Ken Watanabe will make this movie all the more worthwhile.
Old 2010-07-15, 02:01   Link #16
Haladflire65
*Artist

Most of the reviews for this film has been quite positive, and many of them praised Leo's acting. It's Chris Nolan, he hasn't disappointed once yet. The effects and action look incredible, and a lot of my favourite actors are in it, so Inception's the one movie I have to see this summer
Old 2010-07-15, 18:25   Link #17
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I'm planning to see this tomorrow . I must say, the idea behind the movie is interesting. DiCaprio seems to like these kind of mystery/thriller movies with a tad bit of supernatural elements in them recently. Shutter Island was another great movie of his and I didn't expect that ending at all xD
Old 2010-07-16, 02:01   Link #18
Gin
*Artist

I just saw this movie.
Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2010-07-16, 16:16   Link #19
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Just got back from this movie and this was probably the first time I ever walked out of a movie with a big smile on my face. My only thought as I walked out of there was: "I MUST see this movie again" and I definitely WILL see this movie again! I had said Dragontrainer was the best of the year but now I take it back. Though that one is second on my list, Inception takes it by a longshot. This movie was pure genius. You could feel the sense of time flowing by, the sense of danger, urgency and thrill. It also made you wonder what exactly is reality? How do we know that we are not dreaming still? And I absolutely loved the very ending, although I will refrain from talking about it but I can say that it's an amazing cliffhanger. This was a brilliant movie on so many levels! over 90000/10 from me.
Old 2010-07-16, 17:24   Link #20
james0246

Amazing set pieces push a slightly incomplete plot (with many characters who make sudden decisions that do not often make any sense) with a somewhat simplistic story (it's a heist film circa the 21st century) into realms of pure entertainment. Nolan certainly stepped up his game with this film, and while his annoying reliance on over-exposition and too many close-ups is still very evident, Nolan still managed to cut back and visually expressing much of the film (especially with Murphy's character, as each dream sequence subtlety showing hints of Murphy's character), which is a great leap forward for a director that is over-reliant on dialogue to carry the story (though, with all these dreamscapes, I would have wished for something a little more...surreal (ala Paprika, which is an obvious partial inspiration for this film)).

Additionally, the acting, despite being confined by a fairly unemotional story, still managed to be top notch: Murphy and Watanabe were great; Hardy and Gordon-Levitt were a lot of fun as they kicked constant ass (sadly it is never really explained why they do what they do, and I'm left to conclude that they are simply there to own all); and DiCaprio was good. Paige was the only one of the main actors left a little clueless as she had to force-feed the audience many very silly lines of exposition (DiCaprio also suffers from this problem, but he at least has an emotional core that allows him to transcend much of his silly lines). Of special note is the superb performance from Academy Award winning actress Marion Cotillard's, as her portrayal of DiCaprio's deceased wife ties the entire story together (Nolan had to have intentionally choose the actress for this part considering that she played famed singer Édith Piaf in the wonderful La vie en rose, and it is Piaf's song "Non, je ne regrette rien" that is used to indicate when the sleepers are about to awake (I'm also somewhat convinced that La vie en rose was also a partial inspiration for this film)).

Overall, very strong feature. 86/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote