AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 13 [TV End] Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 22.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-02, 00:25   Link #101
larethian

I've given up on watching this since volume 12 was released (which means episode 9 or something?)...... Just came here to check this last episode thread, and not to my surprise, a large number of remaining posters have Kirino avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:
I disagree with this.
Spoilers
Spoiler for reply
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-02, 03:24   Link #102
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Why unreasonable expectations? She expected Kyousuke to behave like the brother she knew for 13 years, what's unreasonable about that? It is massively irritating for her, when this guy who she adores is suddenly gone from one day to the other.
She wanted him to be the number one in school, sports and looks, like she is now. But Manami said "The cool brother you admired never existed in the first place". Even Kirino in the end admitted that "Kyousuke was just an average guy". Since he wasn't the Mr. Perfect that she wanted, she suddenly stopped talking to him.

Quote:
As for he doesn't know why he is hated, if he can't figure it out he is dense as hell (well, he is dense...), or he has no interest in really thinking about this question. Kirino basically explains it to him, but he doesn't even look at her, until she says that he isn't her brother anymore. Again, this is not to defend her behaviour, but it is strange to see not few people say, Kyousuke is a poor guy because he couldn't possibly have known why Kirino hates him. Because to me, this is obvious as hell after the scene in the living room where Kyousuke lies on that couch in pyjamas.
And he should understand everything from a single throwaway line? We, the viewers, have the benefit of hearing Kirino's internal monologue but he doesn't. He is clearly puzzled by her reaction but she never tried to explain her reasons. She didn't talk to him anymore. She immediately started a cold war that lasted for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
First, the author doesn't want you to like such character. As you've said, you decide it for yourself.
The author is not unbiased, his intent is clear. To pave the way for Kirino's route, in this second season he single-handedly destroyed every other girl. First Kuroneko, who gave up when she had already won, then Ayase, and now he is making Manami look like a manipulative b*tch.
The only reason for this flashback was to justify Kirino's constant abuse of her brother. To give her a heartwrenching past. To make her look like the victim. Well, it didn't work for me.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-07-02, 03:59   Link #103
MYAWS

^I don't know if you have noticed, but this show is about a pair of siblings reconciling, whether be it romantically or normally and there must be a reason why they started a Cold War. The Author isn't using Manami as a scapegoat but there must be a ''villian'' (if any) and it happens to be your most innocent character. On another note, the only thing I know is that Kirino demanded her cool brother back that she admired and looks up to,why do you think she started to do all stuff to be like him or even exceed him? It was her dream to be just like him, and I really don't blame her for turning like this. More accurate to say that she never hated ''him'' but she hated his ''way of living style'' that suddenly and dramatically changed.

Spoiler for LN11:

Edit: Yes, Kirino admitted that he is no super being, but its not now,she realized it before but still she is thankful for all what he did for her,the fact that she did listen when he tried to convince her dad just makes the ''thank you aniki'' in S1 Ep3 much more sweet. She started to thaw her ''hate'' (if any) from the start and you can see that at the end of S1, I mean come on there was no speck of hate, I really didnt get convinced that they really hate each other,and a reason must be there to justify it.

Last edited by MYAWS; 2013-07-02 at 04:10.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:56   Link #104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
She wanted him to be the number one in school, sports and looks, like she is now. But Manami said "The cool brother you admired never existed in the first place". Even Kirino in the end admitted that "Kyousuke was just an average guy". Since he wasn't the Mr. Perfect that she wanted, she suddenly stopped talking to him.
I think you've missed the issue. The issue from her perspective is: what the heck happened to you? Here he was this (in her view) admirable guy who seemed to be doing all these great things, and then "???", and now he's given up on everything. She even has that conversation with him to ask him about it, and he doesn't give her a real answer. And thus Kirino goes to confront Manami about it, and she gets the answer she's given: he doesn't exist. Then who the heck has she been living with her entire life? Just because Manami says that doesn't mean that it makes any sense to her, particularly at her age.

Her confusion and anger at this whole situation that is unfolding around her and the way she's being shoved out of the equation is at least understandable.

Quote:
And he should understand everything from a single throwaway line? We, the viewers, have the benefit of hearing Kirino's internal monologue but he doesn't. He is clearly puzzled by her reaction but she never tried to explain her reasons. She didn't talk to him anymore. She immediately started a cold war that lasted for years.
It really takes two to tango. She's three years younger; if Kyousuke felt this was all caused by some sort of misunderstanding, he could have tried to work it out with her. But in the context of the other behaviour we saw in this episode, we see that he was sort of at that age where he was trying to distance himself from his sister anyway. It's not that he didn't care about her at all, but his new pattern of behaviour isn't really to go out of his way to try to solve the problem anyway. And so the misunderstanding festers, and festers, and festers.

There's no reason to make either one of them entirely the bad guy when either one of them could have taken steps to solve it a lot sooner than they did. Stuff happened, it didn't get dealt with properly, and they became estranged from each other. Trying to decide who is "more at fault" is a fool's errand.

Quote:
The author is not unbiased, his intent is clear. To pave the way for Kirino's route, in this second season he single-handedly destroyed every other girl. First Kuroneko, who gave up when she had already won, then Ayase, and now he is making Manami look like a manipulative b*tch.
The only reason for this flashback was to justify Kirino's constant abuse of her brother. To give her a heartwrenching past. To make her look like the victim. Well, it didn't work for me.
I still think you're overstating it (and others stating the same likewise). Everyone's both the hero and the victim of their own life story, but that doesn't mean it's trying to "justify" her "constant abuse". It just explains what got her to that point. I wouldn't even say that her past was particularly "heartwrenching" -- just that there was a trigger to the way she became. Even she says that she was mistaken about the image she made of Kyousuke, and she's changed her view. She's just a normal person who makes mistakes. Like everyone else.

I don't know why everything has to be stated in such extremes. This show has no angels and no demons. Just people who each have their own beliefs and circumstances, and these sometimes clash and cause problems. I don't even know why people have to be like "the author's making Manami look like a b*tch" -- everyone has their reasons. She too is the hero and victim of her own life story, and right now we've only seen one (strongly opposing) point of view.
Old 2013-07-02, 05:29   Link #105
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
She never expected him to be number one. Like relentlessflame stated, you miss the issue. She expects him to behave like he always had. If suddenly your brother / parents / girlfriend / boyfriend from one day to the other changes 180 degrees, it's natural that you are asking yourself who the hell this imposter is. Honestly, sorry to sound so aggressive, but it does seem like your hatred of Kirino is clouding your judgement here.

Quote:
A single throwaway line? She tries to engage him in a discussion why he changed, she asks him where the cool brother of her disappeared. Then, after he doesn't even pay attention to her, she tells him he is not her brother. For me it's easy to figure out why she detests him. Even without her inner monologue this scene makes it pretty obvious. If Kyousuke can't pick it up, he is either dense (which he is to a certain degree) and / or doesn't pay attention to her, which he does. I'm not saying it's his fault, far from it, but he is not the poor guy who in no way whatsoever could have had an idea why he is hated, you make him out to be.

Quote:
The author isn't trying to make Kirino likeable, he himself states that he hated Kirino at the beginning. He's trying to develop Kirino as a character, who you like in the end is open to you and he does not really force you to like somebody. As for destroying every other girl, this sounds like you are accusing him of suddenly forcing a character to do something they wouldn't really do, which in my opinion is not the case. Kuroneko from the beginning does try to achieve her aims through planning and the backchannel and so on. She knows exactly if she doesn't force Kirino and Kyousuke to face the issues between them, there will always be a cloud hanging over her and Kyousuke. Therefore, as long as this issue isn't cleared out she hasn't "won" in a sense. As for Ayase, she never had a chance, as her treatment of Kyousuke is based on a lie, which she doesn't resolve, despite knowing better. Thus she isn't destroyed by the author, but rather it is the result of her own developed behaviour. As for Manami, at least to me she always had something strange about her. She just looked too good, and her subtle influencing of characters never quite sat right with me. Thus her behaviour in Volume 11 / Episode 13 is not really surprising to me. And the author doesn't really make her to be the "evil" person. Like relentlessflame said in another post, she is not truly evil, but her views of what should be right and her actions cause consequences she did not see (and doesn't reflect upon). Her "fault" in a sense is, she tries to be the obaa-san character (which is very consistent from beginning to end), while not realizing that she herself is not that much wiser than anybody else. My subjective problem with Manami (and the reason I dislike, not hate, her) is, that I have a problem with people who can influence people under such a guise, in addition to disliking her know-it-all attitude.
Old 2013-07-02, 07:56   Link #106
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I seem now how Kirino is madly in love with her brother.... there is no way I can't deny that she deserves Kyousuke more than anyone else... She changed her personality to be in equal and deserving for her brother's affection.... she didn't failed not only she got his affection but his heart as well..... this deserves an incest ending... more deserving than YnS....
Not exactly thought. She was growing up back then, so I think it's more like she unknowingly mold herself after him (or in other words, try to be like him). When Kyousuke changed his way of life, Kirino decided to go all out and become an overarchiver like we know.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:13   Link #107
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I seem now how Kirino is madly in love with her brother.... there is no way I can't deny that she deserves Kyousuke more than anyone else... She changed her personality to be in equal and deserving for her brother's affection.... she didn't failed not only she got his affection but his heart as well..... this deserves an incest ending... more deserving than YnS....
Not personality, more like her way of living. She just wanted to emulate him and be an overachiever so she doesn't get looked down by him anymore like in the past. And I agree she is madly in love with him and its a better story than YnS.
Old 2013-07-02, 13:55   Link #108
kentasaiba

but not a better bed-scene...
Old 2013-07-03, 04:52   Link #109
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you've missed the issue. The issue from her perspective is: what the heck happened to you?
The problem is that after Kyosuke's non-reply, she doesn't push the issue any further. She suddenly decides not to talk to him anymore.
How can she bear a grudge to a member of her family for so long?
A caring sister would have tried to understand Kyo's motives, instead of shutting him out completely.

Quote:
There's no reason to make either one of them entirely the bad guy when either one of them could have taken steps to solve it a lot sooner than they did. Stuff happened, it didn't get dealt with properly, and they became estranged from each other. Trying to decide who is "more at fault" is a fool's errand.
Not in this case. Kirino started the whole Cold War, single-handedly. Kyousuke had nothing against her before her tantrum. And how can you reconcile with someone who even refuses to greet you? Kirino should have made the first step, not wait for Kyousuke to come back to her. In my eyes she is 100% at fault.

Quote:
Even she says that she was mistaken about the image she made of Kyousuke, and she's changed her view. She's just a normal person who makes mistakes. Like everyone else.
An average person who makes a mistake is expected to feel sorry and apologize. Kirino never did. She takes everything for granted. She's a despicable person.
And you know what is worse? The author acknowledges her selfishness by making every other character bend to her will. Everyone tries to please her, as if she was the center of the universe.

Quote:
Honestly, sorry to sound so aggressive, but it does seem like your hatred of Kirino is clouding your judgement here.
Please, don't go there. I can also say that your love for Kirino is clouding your judgement.

Quote:
A single throwaway line? She tries to engage him in a discussion why he changed, she asks him where the cool brother of her disappeared. Then, after he doesn't even pay attention to her, she tells him he is not her brother.
Kyousuke was quietly reading a manga when suddenly he was harshly reprimanded by his sister. It's understandable that he was confused.
If Kirino thought this issue was so important, why did she give up after a single try? Why did she never bring back the argument again? My issue with Kirino is that she gave Kyo the silent treatment instead of trying harder to convince him.

Quote:
As for destroying every other girl, this sounds like you are accusing him of suddenly forcing a character to do something they wouldn't really do, which in my opinion is not the case. Kuroneko from the beginning does try to achieve her aims through planning and the backchannel and so on. She knows exactly if she doesn't force Kirino and Kyousuke to face the issues between them, there will always be a cloud hanging over her and Kyousuke. Therefore, as long as this issue isn't cleared out she hasn't "won" in a sense.
I never had the impression that Kuroneko was a scheming type, much less a person who plays with the feelings of her friends. The whole strategy of hooking up with Kyousuke and then dumping him feels completely out of character.
And where did that bullshit "Ideal World" come from? Why must she sacrifice her own happiness for Kirino's sake? They are not even that close!

Quote:
As for Manami, at least to me she always had something strange about her. She just looked too good, and her subtle influencing of characters never quite sat right with me. Thus her behaviour in Volume 11 / Episode 13 is not really surprising to me. And the author doesn't really make her to be the "evil" person.
Yes, he does. Saying "Da~me" with that tone and that condescending smile to a crying Kirino is downright heartless. It's something that goes completely against Manami's personality as portrayed so far.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-07-03, 05:21   Link #110
Wilshere

@Gohan78

Your hate for Kirino is not normal,its ''real'' and ''genuine''. Yeah and your claim that she is the center of the universe,yes she is, I think you have noticed that everything revolves around her.Kuroneko not being the scheming type? Have you ever payed attention? What does her Destiny Record mean? She had everything planned,heck she even says it all the time.Again, you will not admit the Manami is a ''vilian''(if any in this series) because you have always seen her gentle and innocent side while she has her ''dark'' side too just like every other girl.

I wonder how you will react had the story been told in Kirino's POV.
Old 2013-07-03, 05:46   Link #111
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
The problem is that after Kyosuke's non-reply, she doesn't push the issue any further. She suddenly decides not to talk to him anymore.
A caring sister would have tried to understand Kyo's motives, instead of shutting him out completely.
No, it's possible to hold a grudge for a long time, family member or not. I speak from experience myself.

Quote:
Not in this case. Kirino started the whole Cold War, single-handedly. Kyousuke had nothing against her before her tantrum. And how can you reconcile with someone who even refuses to greet you? Kirino should have made the first step, not wait for Kyousuke to come back to her. In my eyes she is 100% at fault.
Quote:
An average person who makes a mistake is expected to feel sorry and apologize. Kirino never did. She takes everything for granted. She's a despicable person.
And you know what is worse? The author acknowledges her selfishness by making every other character bend to her will. Everyone tries to please her, as if she was the center of the universe.
She realized her mistake after years. At this time, it's already to the point when both of them ignored each other. Simply put, they can't just suddenly sit down and have a talk anymore. And since when did everyone bend to her will anyway?

Quote:
Kyousuke was quietly reading a manga when suddenly he was harshly reprimanded by his sister. It's understandable that he was confused.
If Kirino thought this issue was so important, why did she give up after a single try? Why did she never bring back the argument again? My issue with Kirino is that she gave Kyo the silent treatment instead of trying harder to convince him.
Frankly speaking, I don't think she immediately gave up. But since she didn't know the root of the problem, every attempt was fail.

Quote:
I never had the impression that Kuroneko was a scheming type, much less a person who plays with the feelings of her friends. The whole strategy of hooking up with Kyousuke and then dumping him feels completely out of character.
And where did that bullshit "Ideal World" come from? Why must she sacrifice her own happiness for Kirino's sake? They are not even that close!
Are we even watching the same anime? Kuroneko is good at scheming. Her whole reason to date Kyousuke is to lure Kirino's feeling out. And They are not even that close ? No, they are even closer. Both are almost the same, with the only different is their taste in anime.
Old 2013-07-03, 06:11   Link #112
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Confused? He treated her issue like a non-issue. Looked at her once, then returned reading his manga or whatever it was and answering in a not caring tone. If he would have taken the time to lay that book aside and answer her questions properly, he would have gotten more out of it. But he plainly didn't care. This is no poor Kyousuke who did everything right, being crushed by evil Kirino who does everything wrong.

Quote:
Yes, he does. Saying "Da~me" with that tone and that condescending smile to a crying Kirino is downright heartless. It's something that goes completely against Manami's personality as portrayed so far.
Manami faces everything up until now with that tone and smile. No matter whether people are screaming at her, ignoring her, quarelling before her eyes etc. It is a central trait of her, that she faces everything in a calm manner like and old grandmother. Besides, Kirino wasn't crying in that scene, she was screaming at Manami to give her her brother back, so it is not portrayed as heartless as you have it. Kirino started to cry after leaving Manami's.

Quote:
They are not that close? That's ridiculous. If you think that, you either haven't watched the entire series, or didn't pay attention. Kirino and Kuroneko are very close. Closer than with Saori.

Example 1: Episode 7 Season 1: Despite both being pissed of at the other for being portrayed as sex slave / rape victim, both want to spend time together (as evidenced by Kirino not kicking her out, and Kuroneko not leaving), though are prevented from admitting it by their pride.

Example 2: Episode 8 Season 1: Kuroneko goes out of her way to get those anime makers to accept Kirino's original work.

Example 3: Episode 15 Season 1: Kuroneko pushes Kyousuke to visit Kirino in the US to clear up that mail. In the end she rushes in the airport to await for her.

Example 4: Episode 5 Season 2: Kuroneko's dress was picked out for her by Kirino.

As for Kuroneko, one of her main issues is being direct. So it is not really out of character if she wants Kyousuke and Kirino to sort out their issues, through actions rather than talk. She knows exactly that through talk, Kirino would never admit her desire of Kyousuke not having a girlfriend and that through talk Kyousuke's denseness regarding Kirino's feelings wouldn't be solved. Was it harsh, yes, but one can say that it was necessary. You can say she toyed with their feelings, but on the other hand you can say that due to her knowledge of their characters and feelings, she knew more or less what would be the result, that the result wouldn't be negative.
Old 2013-07-03, 16:18   Link #113
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
You're expecting a lot of understanding from a kid three years younger than them. She first talked to him about the issue, and he said that he gave up being the person she admired without really explaining himself. And then she talked to Manami, who basically accepted her connection to the situation by implying that the brother she knew all her life didn't exist, and that her own feelings were inappropriate. So now what is she supposed to do? Keep on pestering him about it and reveal her own inappropriate feelings in the process?

Expecting her to be able to come to terms with his unexpected life choices at her age is not really reasonable. She's still of the age where she admired him for being "so cool", and here in an instant he became completely "uncool" for no good reason. Why would a kid accept that? How are kids supposed to see the "wisdom" there when given that sort of explanation, or have the maturity to accept it? In this situation, isn't it more reasonable that she would believe that "evil" Manami is to blame for him turning out that way, and that she's just trying to take her brother away from her? (Whether this is the truth or not, it's a lot easier for kids to understand that sort of "good and evil" story, even if reality is a lot more nuanced.)

All in all, you're expecting a degree of maturity and insight that most kids that age just don't have. (Heck, it's a level of maturity and insight that a lot of people following this show don't have about what really went on between Kirino and Manami!) At that age, a lot of siblings hate each other just because they find them "annoying". I've known adults who've held grudges for even longer than Kirino and Kyousuke, and for reasons that are no less petty.

Quote:
How you reconcile with someone in that situation is clear from what Kyousuke actually did: you make the effort. He's three years older than she is, and he's supposed to be more mature. But the thing that gets in his way is his own childish jealousy of her "talents", and his excuse for allowing this dispute to go on for so long is basically "well, she started it". Says every child ever when they get into a fight with their siblings. In the end, he's being just as much of a baby about this as she is. They're both perfectly happy to just go on with their lives ignoring the other. But by the time the anime finally starts, he's finally mature enough to be able to face it and he decides that -- even though Kirino's annoying and unreasonable -- he needs to take responsibility as the older, more mature person here and try to work things out. And over the course of the story, Kirino does a lot of growing-up as well.

Quote:
...She's a 14-year-old teenage girl at the start of the show. How many girls do you know who are not the center of their own universe at that age, particularly if they're smart, talented, beautiful, and highly-praised? But that is only the starting point of the story, and this very issue is one of the core issues being developed over the course of the narrative. Follow in the anime from S1E1 to S1E8 to S1E11 to S1E15 to S2E4 to S2E9 to S2E13. While she isn't a completely different person by the end, the Kirino at the start of the story could never have seen and acknowledged Kyousuke for who he really is. And not only has she offered heart-felt thanks a large number of times, she also apologized. Unlike her younger self, she's finally starting to see that the world doesn't exist in the black and white of pure ideals, but in the countless shades in between, and that Kyousuke was only ever a regular person just like she is. She's growing up. A truly "despicable person" would have no need for these sorts of self-realizations.
Old 2013-07-04, 04:19   Link #114
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Manami---->Now I hate you XD...

I always dislike her character but at this point.......

Manami remember me a little from Hanekawa at the moment......

Plus she have shor hair that totally hate XD
Old 2013-07-04, 21:51   Link #115
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Does Manami get her own arc? She deserves it.

Well we finally find out why Kirino is a spoiled brat. She never grew up.
Old 2013-07-05, 06:04   Link #116
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
She deserves it.
No, she doesn't.
Old 2013-07-05, 07:11   Link #117
Sakuratsuki

Quote:

I don't know if there are people out there who want a plain arc
But, this is only my opinion. Don't be offended by it.

About Kirino being a spoiled brat. I don't think so.

Spoiler for Behavior:

Edit: @GVN.Chaos, If you explain it 'a hundered times' and it is clear why she did that. This won't stop people from repeating the same thing again and again. Expect more comments like this in the future

Yes, you can change your name. See link of dr. casey.

offtopic: I changed my name: mayid into Sakura_tsuki!

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-07-05 at 13:13.
Old 2013-07-05, 08:51   Link #118
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

Sigh....This had repeated itself so many times
For God's sake, don't ignore clear sign. Kirino only acted that way toward Kyousuke and Manami, and laterly only Manami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post

offtopic: I changed my name: mayid into Sakura_tsuki!
Eh? How can you change your name?
Old 2013-07-05, 08:56   Link #119
Dr. Casey

This is how.
Old 2013-07-06, 14:34   Link #120
Crassa
Streamline

Honestly I tend to avoid long named and in-understandable Anime names but thank god this is one of the few with that kind of name that made me glad to watch it, and also the recent comments that keep popping from this forum had some role to make me watch this. Totally love all of the female characters with a bit of an exception to Manami because of her looks but she reminds me of Nagisa soooo much I just can't hate her

Never had a problem with Kirino throughout the Anime because I had the feeling she was just shy of being thankful to her brother and with the expressions you get before she turns 'tsun' again which actually shows you that Kirino isn't 99% tsun and 1%dere and is just soooo used to being a prick to Kyousuke and just doesn't seem comfortable to being nice to his brother but that seems to have been cleared up in the recent episodes hehe.

Just a huge 10/10 to this second season basing it on emotional impact and enjoyment. Watch it, gotta love it.