AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-28, 10:06   Link #441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

And we all just know once Scagliette's and maybe Client's serious, Nanoha will use SLB again. As for whether or not her injury will haunt her...who knows.

Haunt her physically? I doubt it, not if she's been careful for the last 4-5 years or so.

Mentally? She'll think twice.

Sadly, it'll mean that I have to cut back on repair bill jokes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well another interesting batch of posts. A frighteningly detailed discussion on the TSAB in a variety of ways. That's something that could have its own thread.
It was both fustrating and ridiculous... I hope to never have to do it again...

Quote:
Anyways, back to the episode. Since whatever I want is usually wrong I'm tempted to go with 3 just to improve the chance of 2 happening. Whatever non-existent money that is at my disposal is going for 2 though since it would be one great thing that could happen. Just thinking that if 1 happened, where would that leave Erio? Not to mention if they keep leaving the poor guy out we may be heading in the direction of Erio emo episodes, why are they all leaving him alone? He's too upbeat a person for that, wouldn't like him getting blasted next.
Erio goes up on my good books if he doesn't let being... Is 'non-natural' a good term? Anyway, as long as he doesn't let it get to him...

Though I'm sure Caro would be there for him.

Quote:
I'm not expecting a ton to happen with Subaru and Teana this episode. Probably the show will give them a little break after the last few episodes. Just some lighthearted moments, like riding and getting icecream. Hopefully we'll get some more Erio and Caro after some episodes where they didn't do much other then handing out towels and water.
Nanoha (the series) should be about Lolis and Shotas
Old 2007-05-28, 10:12   Link #442
kari-no-sugata

Couple of other comments on the ep itself.

Scaglietti refers to Lutecia as his creation and is happy how well she turned out. (I don't remember him saying such a thing before).

The word Elio says to refer to SLB is "集束砲" (shuusoku-hou). A focused cannon blast, basically. Elio is stunned at how large it is. Caro says something about even a normal attack causing a lot of stress on the caster. (As a side note, I seem to remember in ep 11 of Ace's that after doing that point blank attack on Reinforce using Excelion Mode, that Nanoha seemed a bit hurt - she was covering her shoulder. Due to stress of the power released?)

Anyway, it seems the main issue with the cartridge system is that it can boost your power levels beyond your natural limits - and in Nanoha's case, it wasn't even with a stable system in the first place. Then Nanoha trains herself and uses more power than she is told... and eventually the stress takes its toll, slowing down her reaction time.

I think that using the cartridge system to supplement your magic reserves would be okay though - ie so long as you don't use it to throw around more magic than your body can take. Probably why Nanoha used cartridges in ep 1 of StrikerS - not to boost the power, but to conserve resources.

Since SLB works by sucking magic power from the area, it would be a bit like a cartridge system as well - able to boost power beyond normal limits.

btw, when Nanoha goes to meet Teana at the end, Teana says she heard about things from Shari and Signum... and Nanoha says "Nanoha-san's catalogue of screwups you mean?", and Teana franticly waves her hands to say she didn't mean that Then Nanoha corrects herself to say "You mean about over-doing things being reckless".

Incidentally, towards the end, Nanoha apologies to Teana for her training not being good enough (sort of thing).

As a side-note, I wonder how Nanoha would have been ranked just after Ace's and joining TSAB? I wouldn't be surprised if she could pass the S rank (or at least AAA+) exam. She's officialy "only" S+ now... I wonder if that "incident" put back her magic development significantly...? (It's not clear if her inherent magical abilities were reduced) Or putting it another way, if she had to go with a large safety margin on what she could reasonably use for a simple ranking exam? (ie to avoid overdue stress on her body, she doesn't use her big guns in exams...)

As a side note, might explain why you don't see S rank mages fighting in the field all the time - throwing around max level spells would cause too much stress if used too often, and if you're going to limit yourself, might as well get lower level mages to do the job.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:12   Link #443
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Haunt her physically? I doubt it, not if she's been careful for the last 4-5 years or so.

Mentally? She'll think twice.

Sadly, it'll mean that I have to cut back on repair bill jokes...
There's always Haya… wait, why am I encouraging you?
Quote:
It was both fustrating and ridiculous... I hope to never have to do it again...
I thought it was very interesting. I wish I could've participated.

In any case, I remember saying that I was disappointed in there not being much interaction between the new and old characters. I take that back too now.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:13   Link #444
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Erio goes up on my good books if he doesn't let being... Is 'non-natural' a good term? Anyway, as long as he doesn't let it get to him...

Though I'm sure Caro would be there for him.
Erio will be almost as low as the ferret if he does indeed "saves" Lutecia in the upcoming Eps. Then again I do have Zest to count on

Quote:
Nanoha (the series) should be about Lolis and Shotas
Now we are at the heart of the matter as to why Chaos got into Nanoha in the first place
Old 2007-05-28, 10:18   Link #445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
There's always Haya… wait, why am I encouraging you?
Because we're friends

Quote:
I thought it was very interesting. I wish I could've participated.

Like Night and Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Erio will be almost as low as the ferret if he does indeed "saves" Lutecia in the upcoming Eps. Then again I do have Zest to count on
Guys in this series can't get a decent break

Quote:
Now we are at the heart of the matter as to why Chaos got into Nanoha in the first place
It was a JOKE!

...Well, sort of, but mostly yes

EDIT:

Brb in 5-6 hours... IF the thread goes pass 2 pages, I'm not reading!

So hopefully nothing important/fun takes places...
Old 2007-05-28, 10:22   Link #446
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I'm not sure on the terminology for Erio. Non-normal pretty much covers his past, and his current situation as the guy of the team. No doubt if Erio ever suffers a bit Caro will be there for him, which wouldn't be too bad to see.

No doubt Nanoha's injury left a wide effect on many characters of the show. Her close friends express concern about pushing herself too far which is to be expected. Even Nanoha had to change how she approached fighting just to keep from repeating that mistake. Never had a serious injury so I can't know how living with that feels.

Leave it to Caro and Erio. They will bring forth the power of lolis and shotas in full force. With or without Lutecia, those two going out into the town will be fun. After all the biggest question must be answered. "Just what does a young dragon summoner and knight do during a date in the city?"
Old 2007-05-28, 10:23   Link #447
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
btw, when Nanoha goes to meet Teana at the end, Teana says she heard about things from Shari and Signum... and Nanoha says "Nanoha-san's catalogue of screwups you mean?", and Teana franticly waves her hands to say she didn't mean that Then Nanoha corrects herself to say "You mean about over-doing things being reckless".

Incidentally, towards the end, Nanoha apologies to Teana for her training not being good enough (sort of thing).
and if that isnt a good instructor i dont know what is
Quote:
As a side-note, I wonder how Nanoha would have been ranked just after Ace's and joining TSAB? I wouldn't be surprised if she could pass the S rank (or at least AAA+) exam. She's officialy "only" S+ now... I wonder if that "incident" put back her magic development significantly...? (It's not clear if her inherent magical abilities were reduced) Or putting it another way, if she had to go with a large safety margin on what she could reasonably use for a simple ranking exam? (ie to avoid overdue stress on her body, she doesn't use her big guns in exams...)

As a side note, might explain why you don't see S rank mages fighting in the field all the time - throwing around max level spells would cause too much stress if used too often, and if you're going to limit yourself, might as well get lower level mages to do the job.
how does those exams work is a question i come up with...to be able to measure your power and then to put a label on it "yes nanoha you are S+ rank" would be rather hard...and i suspect that there arent many S rank mages in the first place so whos the examiner? (tries not to imagine some extensive terror exam course)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-28, 10:29   Link #448
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
The word Elio says to refer to SLB is "集束砲" (shuusoku-hou). A focused cannon blast, basically. Elio is stunned at how large it is. Caro says something about even a normal attack causing a lot of stress on the caster. (As a side note, I seem to remember in ep 11 of Ace's that after doing that point blank attack on Reinforce using Excelion Mode, that Nanoha seemed a bit hurt - she was covering her shoulder. Due to stress of the power released?)

Anyway, it seems the main issue with the cartridge system is that it can boost your power levels beyond your natural limits - and in Nanoha's case, it wasn't even with a stable system in the first place. Then Nanoha trains herself and uses more power than she is told... and eventually the stress takes its toll, slowing down her reaction time.
I hope that after at least 10 years TSAB had with cartriage systems for Nanoha and Fate, they are more stable now. While overboosting is not a good idea in the long run, at the time Nanoha and Fate does not really have an option due to Signum been around S- ranked and Vita AAA+ (assuming knights get no power ups in the 10 year period) which is higher then Nanoha and Fate's AAA rank. If you consider it as overclocking your PC, there is a safe limit on how much you can overclock it before it starts to break.

Quote:
I think that using the cartridge system to supplement your magic reserves would be okay though - ie so long as you don't use it to throw around more magic than your body can take. Probably why Nanoha used cartridges in ep 1 of StrikerS - not to boost the power, but to conserve resources.
Even with the problem of overboost, I do expect the Aces to overboost if needed, if its in safe limits, Nanoha without a bit of recklessness would not be Nanoha after all.

Quote:
Since SLB works by sucking magic power from the area, it would be a bit like a cartridge system as well - able to boost power beyond normal limits.
What I take SLB as is a external frame that collects energy and form it as one forcused burst, I think the collection part its not that stressful maybe the framework maintaining is however.

Quote:
Nanoha with raw power alone in season one have ranked AAA, but have a sightly less value then Fate. Also it was metioned that Nanoha's power level is really unbalanced for all of season 1 anyways. so I assume at the start of A's when Nanoha is working with TSAB she would be still AAA ranked.

Quote:
This could work, but anyone with Rank S or higher should not need to use max power most of time anyways. since AAA ranked mage could have power to level cities. so anytime you need to use full power, the low ranked mage are going to get fried anyway.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:33   Link #449
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Leave it to Caro and Erio. They will bring forth the power of lolis and shotas in full force. With or without Lutecia, those two going out into the town will be fun. After all the biggest question must be answered. "Just what does a young dragon summoner and knight do during a date in the city?"
If they were older, I'd say "Riding the Dragon".

But these kids are the fastest beings of Ordered Space. Hmm...
Old 2007-05-28, 10:35   Link #450
Meophist

Quote:
Because we're friends
"Friends", huh? I've been hearing that word way too often recently…

…with various meanings.
Quote:

Like Night and Day...
Don't think that's going to change anytime soon.
Quote:
EDIT:

Brb in 5-6 hours... IF the thread goes pass 2 pages, I'm not reading!

So hopefully nothing important/fun takes places...
*chance*

On a more on-topic note, I don't believe the use of cartridge system was non-existant within the TSAB during the first two series. At the very least, I don't believe there was any evidence towards that.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:35   Link #451
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and if that isnt a good instructor i dont know what is
how does those exams work is a question i come up with...to be able to measure your power and then to put a label on it "yes nanoha you are S+ rank" would be rather hard...and i suspect that there arent many S rank mages in the first place so whos the examiner? (tries not to imagine some extensive terror exam course)
For Nanoha's AAA case, She was tested on magic activation, gathering, control and such. and then measurements on Nanoha's spells (Divine Shooter as I remembered it). So I guess there is point system, with the mock battle type too, since think of the damage of SS ranked at full power..... Hayate at S+ freezed entire block of airport fire.....
Old 2007-05-28, 10:36   Link #452
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
If they were older, I'd say "Riding the Dragon".

But these kids are the fastest beings of Ordered Space. Hmm...
Why does that sound like innuedo? XD
Or do I just have a very, very, very bad mind >_>;
Old 2007-05-28, 10:47   Link #453
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
On a more on-topic note, I don't believe the use of cartridge system was non-existant within the TSAB during the first two series. At the very least, I don't believe there was any evidence towards that.
Look no further than Subaru's mother for this point, and CVK-792, which hint to the Pre-Nanoha use of cartridge systems.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:52   Link #454
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Look no further than Subaru's mother for this point, and CVK-792, which hint to the Pre-Nanoha use of cartridge systems.
Good point and one that I forgot, Then that adds the question that why is Nanoha's device unstable which inturn led to her injury. Since there are other users of Cartriage system, TSAB must have data regarding it. Unless there is lack of communication bewteen departments.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:54   Link #455
Meophist

Quote:
Good point and one that I forgot, Then that adds the question that why is Nanoha's device unstable which inturn led to her injury. Since there are other users of Cartriage system, TSAB must have data regarding it. Unless there is lack of communication bewteen departments.
It's possible that they simply didn't have enough time to stablize it. They did, however, reinforce it after A's. Don't think it was that that led to her injury though.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:56   Link #456
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Good point and one that I forgot, Then that adds the question that why is Nanoha's device unstable which inturn led to her injury. Since there are other users of Cartriage system TSAB must have data regarding it. Unless there is lack of communication bewteen departments.
If i remember correctly,it was mentioned in A's that her device is delicate and not suited for cartridge system in the 1st place.

Edit:
Her injury is more like excessive use of Rh which wear out her body.Btw what are the chance Subaru's mom is a knight?Is it ever mentioned anywhere about her title?
Old 2007-05-28, 10:57   Link #457
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
If i remember correctly,it was mentioned in A's that her device is delicate and not suited for cartridge system in the 1st place.
Intelligent Devices are all delicate and not suited to use a cartridge system. Hence the need for reinforcement on it. This applies to Bardiche as well I suppose, although it seems like it doesn't need reinforcing.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:58   Link #458
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Let the girls meet each other as normal strangers, talk to each other and share their thoughts. Recall how Hayate met Suzuka in S2. That's what I want.
That would be nice, and since ep 10 is their day off, the chances of that happening increase a lot

Quote:
It was sort of something else for me to be honest

NEW BET!

1 - Caro & Lutecia friendship () meeting
2 - Erio & Lutecia possible romance meeting
3 - Nothing happen and we all flip the table in rage.
I stand by you in the first two bets

Quote:
Good point and one that I forgot, Then that adds the question that why is Nanoha's device unstable which inturn led to her injury. Since there are other users of Cartriage system TSAB must have data regarding it. Unless there is lack of communication bewteen departments.
Actually, after the Tome of the Night Sky incident, RH's frame was reinforced (no pun intended) and in the time for the 5 vs 5 team battle.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:58   Link #459
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Amy said that she hadn't been able to properly reinforce RH and Bard's frames and just hastily built the CVK into them. In ***dam terms, a field upgrade. By right, once there was time the Tech dept should've been able to fix it up properly (Hence the difference between Nu Gundam and hi-Nu Gundam) and I think have, for I remember a manga scan at the end of A's refering to the Tech guys taking a look at Bard, RH and Swertkreuz.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:59   Link #460
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Looking back at all the posts... I don't think the device was at fault. After all, Raising Heart had been strengthened to withstand the pressures of cartridge use after the Book of Darkness incident. And Mary (if people even remember who she is) and TSAB engineering were able to incorporate the cartridge system into RH without a hitch, It's safe to say that the instability was with Nanoha, and not with Raising Heart.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread