AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-05, 04:33   Link #4861
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Percival? . Yeah, I just made a lot of changes on her barrier jacket and device. The first one was too plain. Well, to me at least...

Oh, since I'm at it, I'll repeat myself, her new device is called, "Blitz Fang Calibur"

I kinda rushed through it since I was asked by a friend to make a Vampire Knight sketch. I might go back and adjust some areas in the sketch later.

-EDIT-

I understand now what you meant about Ginga becoming the new Percival. ( ̄▽ ̄)
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 04:42   Link #4862
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Percival? . Yeah, I just made a lot of changes on her barrier jacket and device. The first one was too plain. Well, to me at least...

Oh, since I'm at it, I'll repeat myself, her new device is called, "Blitz Fang Calibur"

I kinda rushed through it since I was asked by a friend to make a Vampire Knight sketch. I might go back and adjust some areas in the sketch.

-EDIT-

I understand now what you meant about Ginga becoming the new Percival. ( ̄▽ ̄)
*sigh*, Code Geass will be Code Geass.

Some areas is about right. I would suggest the shoulders - the ballooning effect is being taken a little too far there, and the arm width in relation to the torso (which means you need to adjust both). Besides that, is it just me that the close up of Gin-nee has an unnatural pharaoh's chin? That might need a little fixing as well.

That's just a brief sweep, shan't criticise more than some idiot who hasn't drawn a thing in 2 and a half months should, really.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 04:50   Link #4863
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes ;D. And yes, Ginga's chin needs to be adjusted . As for the ballooning effect, I kinda did that in purpose. The reason for that is because there are metal plates inside...is that a bad idea? o_O
Old 2009-01-05, 05:06   Link #4864
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Hur, sorry, I think it IS a bad idea.

Firstly: Barrier Jackets in and of themselves aren't needing of protection: They ARE protection.

Secondly, from an aethestic point of view, it looks a little huge no matter what reasons you give it. If it was meant to have metal plates, then all the more I think it'd be sleeker for it. And more importantly, it changes the way her shoulders look; it makes them unnaturally and unnecessarily wider, which, I'm afraid, isn't a very good idea.

Okay, next, the arms and the torso:

I think you can keep the torso, but in that case, you'll need to decrease the length (just a bit is fine), and the width of the arms (just a bit too.) Just remember that for most people, two arms should only equal the torso at its thinnest point, even for guys (unless it's a variation of the Buff Man, then that's different.) For this one, her arms equal her torso even at the Oppai Section, which is...well, kinda weird. You know, because Gin is supposed to be pretty fine there and all...?

As to the chin, filing off the hook at the end of her chin should resolve the issue, although one thing could lead to another while you're fixing it. It happens to me a lot; me and my self-made complications.

Lastly, I just noticed. Is the drill made of two seperated screwdriver-like segments? If it is, then I note some degree of perspective error; since Gin-nee has her hand out flat-horizontally, and not at an angle, then the further drill segment should be a bit lower down and be less thick than the foreground drill segment. Right now the difference isn't very large, and at the very tip of them, the visibility of the further drill should be near nil (if my perspective is not mistaken anymore), since it would be increasingly blocked by the foreground drill.
Old 2009-01-05, 05:12   Link #4865
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Lastly, I just noticed. Is the drill made of two seperated screwdriver-like segments?
It's a blade drill if I'm not mistaken: Those are two flat hooked blades that rotate around the wrist to form a drill-like effect.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 05:15   Link #4866
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Looks like I'm more relevant that I thought, then
Old 2009-01-05, 05:15   Link #4867
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Wow =D. Thank you for the detailed explaination. It actually helps me what to watch out next time I make a sketch. I'll make the necessary adjustments later. Honestly though, I really appreciate you telling me my mistakes in the sketch.

Now then, after learning that I have to improve in many things...I have to do my best and improve (in other words, sketch a lot) while I'm still on vacation!.
Old 2009-01-05, 05:20   Link #4868
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Wow =D. Thank you for the detailed explaination. It actually helps me what to watch out next time I make a sketch. I'll make the necessary adjustments later. Honestly though, I really appreciate you telling me my mistakes in the sketch.

Now then, after learning that I have to improve in many things...I have to do my best and improve (in other words, sketch a lot) while I'm still on vacation!.
Hur hur. It's my pleasure, (although it does give me pangs of guilt that I'm not doing anything with my own advice myself.)

...Maybe I should really get down to drawing again, preferably without jeopardizing my studies or my fic-writing. Suffice it to say that I cannot yet balance all three. Two or nothing is what I've got right now; and thus far drawing has been the main casualty XD

Oh well, maybe I could do one now since I'm not really doing much...mmm.
Old 2009-01-05, 05:22   Link #4869
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Lord Mulloch furrowed his brow. "Wha hae ye praett aen boot?"

"As it so happens, that is an excellent example of the sort of thing I mean," Ginga said. "With all due respect, sir, you do not speak Midchildan."

"Las, nae ken ye t'lanj spooch t'ye plaean as dy?"

"Sir, the polite way to say it is that you have a burr, a lilt, a brogue, an accent. But that is an euphemism for the true problem, which is that you are not speaking Midchildan."
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 06:22   Link #4870
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Random Thought #2 (#1 is somewhere back there, too lazy to search)

A thought came to me while re-reading Katharine Kerr.

I wonder if it's possible (or canon) for telepathic conversations to convey hints of the speaker's current emotional state as well as any hidden thoughts. It's like the proverbial hearing the anger/fear/joy/etc in one's vocal voice/tone, but more tangible, since (AFAIK) the conversation links the minds of all parties involved, thus allowing each to greater access the others' inner thoughts/feelings. It's like how cooking, as depicted in manga and anime, is sometimes (or is it usually?) shown to convey the cook's internal state to the perceptive.

For thoughts like treachery and bloodlust, the listen might receive them in the form of a physical reaction or phenomenon that s/he associates with that kind of thought, like a sickeningly sweet stench for treacherous thoughts and a sharp pain for murderous ones.

In a way, it's like reading the other parties' minds, since that's what telepathy (in the usual sense) does. Of course, this theory automatically collapses if canon states that telepathic conversations are like talking over the phone or walkie-talkie and measures are in place to avoid invasions of mental privacy.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 13:33   Link #4871
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
And I return from a short trip back home .
Glad to see this place isn't all that dead. Though still a little lacking for what I was hoping for when I got back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Unformatted as usual; will be when I post it on the internets in full.

Spoiler for It All Begins Here:
Ah, it continues . And now for the tie-in to the first season, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I has a brainchild!!! >=D This actually came to me just before I went to bed, I hope you like it.

It is a Subaru/Tiana one-shot that I wrote and dished out, so there will be errors.

Spoiler for Diamond Night:
Mmm...WAFF :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It's part of my identity revision exercise I'm going through. I'm going to stop telling myself no I can't and move on, and that also involves trashing my past and the ingrained negative thinking. And since my internet ID is very much a part of me, the very first step I took was to attribute all my self-blame, misguided self-beating, and detached-from-reality self-perception to my other self named Kha, then erase his existence from the internet. Since Kha is such a big net-ID, the process is been slow.

It's not a whim of mine; this is part of the psychotherapy I'm going through to fix my ADHD and identity issues. We shouldn't see that sock-puppet account any more than we should from now on thus.

It has helped a bit. I'm actually starting to see some hope in my writing. I have never felt more... like I can do something right for once, for frankly the first time in my entire life, with my own power.

1,718 words. I can do this!
...sounds like something you should see a shrink about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Spoiler:
The Santa of the OC, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
EDIT:

I guess I should tell all. So I was napping with meds still active, meaning sleep would be disturbed, but I was too tired so I knocked off.

Anyway I woke up thinking I was sleeping with Fate, but to my horror I realized it was Keroko-chan. @__@

Then I got "backrubbed" by Anita, Deed, Kaguya and Saber, if you know what I mean. @____@

Before I got my bearings, it ended with me getting Zambered by a dark!Fate. @___________@

Then I woke up again.

Yeah I know, WTF is going on. @_________@

Kha...seriously...don't fall asleep while on meds again. I think this confirms that you're nuts, in more ways than one. (And damn glad I was not part of your dillusion otherwise I'd have to mail you a RIDER KICK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
lol I just had to do this

Spoiler for YUUSHA'OH SUBARU:

Oh lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ix: Oh Subaru, I made a song for you!

~ Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Nakajima, Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Nakajima~

Subaru: ...
Teana: Subaru's recording it!!!

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES*
*whacks Lowe with the IXA Knuckle*
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 18:26   Link #4872
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
just to remind everyone that I'm not dead, a little drabble skit that suddenly popped into my head:

Spoiler for snippet:

For those wondering about the comments about device modes, picture of the device and modes in question is below. You work it out.

Spoiler for Device modes picture:
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 20:20   Link #4873
Oseng

I'm still around, just been busy with the holidays and some other things.

Looking over the Internal Affairs Department at the moment and trying to come up with a roughly final version, along with coming up with some general bios for the team I'm creating for a fanfic I plan to write.
Oseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 04:19   Link #4874
Aaron008R

I'm back. :3

Happy New Year to everyone!

Suffice to say, I had a very fun Christmas Vacation. It always happens, but I can never stop marveling at how wonderful it feels to be at your hometown. There wasn't a single moment I was bored despite the lack of the internet and other common city commodities. I realized that I was only usually bored in the city due to the feeling of the lack of freedom there. At the province, I could do usually do anything I want, whenever I want at my leisure. I also had lots of open space and clean air too.

And the best part, the computer that we were using in a different place was brought back to our house! And of course, that means I was able to write a lot for my OC works!!! The combined progress count already exceeds 10,000 words on a couple or so of my fics. >=3

I remember that around last year I posted the first chapter of GenerationS during a similar time, which was around the start of the year as well. I also remember that I gave the fic as a belated birthday gift to both LoweGear and Keroko. Well, it looks like I have the birthday gifts again...

And thus, I, Aaron008R of the OCT Veterans, officially (tries to) gives a start-of-the-year kick start to the thread for the second time running! Let's go through the Year of the Ox at
ZENRYOKU ZENKAI!!!

HYPER BLUECHEESIUM!!!
BUSTAA CANNON!!!!!

*Episode One*

Spoiler for Prologue:

=MGLN StrikerS: Outer Cadia Episode Series=
~Solitary Perspective~

Spoiler for Episode 1: Part 1:

*commercial break*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2009-01-07 at 10:23.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 04:21   Link #4875
Aaron008R

Spoiler for Episode 1: Part 2:

*Episode One: End*

This is the first of the number of works that I’ll be releasing/re-releasing this year. ’Solitary Perspective’ is basically my training and introductory fic to the StrikerS timeline. Using the same world as Kerokanon, I plan to make myself a few more ‘episodes’ of this fic as a fitting way of introducing my OC to readers without the need for a profile. It also gives me proper training in handling several different characters, since I’ll be playing with the StrikerS characters here. As for development, I just don’t plan on using this fic for OC-benefit, since I also plan on giving a couple or so characters some of my perceived development that weren’t developed satisfactorily in the series. Of course, I won’t be breaking what Canon has established in the events in StrikerS, I am simply inserting my own sub-episodes into StrikerS. As such, expect to see me insert my own idea of fun and development into the show thru these episodes. I can only hope that I don’t go too far off the Canon/Kerokanon mark with this. I won't make any big promises for now, except for maybe doing the best that I can currently do in making this fic as good as possible.

Of course, several thanks to Keroko for the OC’s Keroko-chan and Tesla; and also to Mercurianangel, who’s artwork I used here in my fic! Keroko! I finally got the groove (hopefully) to write with Keroko-chan too!

And above all, I hope the readers would enjoy reading my little piece of work.

Thanks in advance for reading, dear readers. And once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well, I'll be back after a bit. >:3

*Goes back to rebuilding his OC stocks and catching up with backlog*

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2009-01-10 at 12:59.
Old 2009-01-06, 05:12   Link #4876
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Well, I'll be damned!

AM I LIKE THE FIRST TO GREET AARON?!
HECK YEAH!!!!!

Dammit, I've never been first at anything of this sort XD...maybe I should thank my father, my mother (and not to mention my hayate fanboyism for ribbing me into coming back here!)

Anyway, congrats about your computer and your progress (Damn, you'll overtake my speed at this rate, even given that I've been relatively fast lately...filled in over 8000 words for Zenith's Chapter 2 while you were away...I should speed up.) You didn't have to talk about breaking Canon. Since when was Aaron a canonbreaker? XD

In other matters, I'll get down to reading Solitary Perspective later...(once I'm done with this jog among other things :3)

Anyway...

WELCOME BACK, BROTHER. WE HAVE MISSED YOU.

================================================== ================================

Zenith Chapter 3 Progress Report
6,251 words (Plot-wise, I'm only 30% through or less what I intended to write in this chapter, so this worries me a little XD)

And that's all

Xena
Old 2009-01-06, 05:17   Link #4877
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
He dropped by IRC, welcomed back by Tempest and me. And I think that ATC was here and awake too ;3
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:20   Link #4878
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Hur. I considered that possibility already (and chose conveniently to ignore it, of course)

But since I was talking about ASuki only, I suppose you wouldn't fault me for being too presumptious I guess
Old 2009-01-06, 05:24   Link #4879
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post

But since I was talking about ASuki only, I suppose you wouldn't fault me for being too presumptious I guess
Someone had to do it. I was too lazy to type in huge colored fonts. Well, it's not my kind of posting.

Page Claim!

I will post the profiles of the two main OCs featured in JourneyerS chapter 3.

For one of them, it was rather easy to find a pic that computed with her:

Spoiler for from the same race as Sieraza who was in chapter 2, but different tribe:

For the other, it will come later. Finding the suitable pic of a Goliath-sized three-eyed mercenary is a pain in danbooru.

Last edited by Sheba; 2009-01-06 at 05:58.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 08:30   Link #4880
Aaron008R

Ah damn, I forgot to put in Mercurian's drawing. D:

*quickly edits the second part to add the pic.*

@Xena: Thanks for the welcome.

EDIT: If Kha loves his new sig, I love my new avi!

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2009-01-06 at 09:32.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content