AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-03, 21:06   Link #321
manmmlala

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
possibly (though not likely) it was similar to Lucelia, that cassandra fought to she could no longer maintain her awakened form? though I believe in this case rafael1932 may be right that she is the orgs first and only half awakened one.
no way, it would make her an extremely weak and useless AO, an AO that can be beaten by a bunch of claymores? no way for sure
Old 2011-03-03, 21:10   Link #322
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
no way, it would make her an extremely weak and useless AO, an AO that can be beaten by a bunch of claymores? no way for sure
I agree for the most part, but for example Teresa's generation

had you pited everyone against any of the 3 current Abyssals would it be unbelievable they won?

even if everyone under number 6 was useless I could still see at worst a pyrrhic victory and at best a win for the claymores.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:16   Link #323
Newhope

Quote:
i would like to have another series covering the mainland, mayb the monsters there are even stronger than priscilla; and there are more political and military stuff too
What I'd like to see is a story even a one shot about what'll happen in the furture, if the claymore's are as long lived as we are led to believe it'd be nice and interesting to see claymore's still hunting Yoma in a modern setting.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:20   Link #324
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
What I'd like to see is a story even a one shot about what'll happen in the furture, if the claymore's are as long lived as we are led to believe it'd be nice and interesting to see claymore's still hunting Yoma in a modern setting.
would be a bit unbelievable; as it means that despite defeating the org on the island that they have failed to kill every last yoma in the last 500+ years.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:28   Link #325
manmmlala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
a modern setting would make claymore seem like another biohazard or those ordinary mutants hunting, a bit ordinary i think

i love the sort of middle ages setting
Old 2011-03-03, 21:33   Link #326
manmmlala

Quote:
I agree for the most part, but for example Teresa's generation

had you pited everyone against any of the 3 current Abyssals would it be unbelievable they won?

even if everyone under number 6 was useless I could still see at worst a pyrrhic victory and at best a win for the claymores.
if Cassandra actually awakens, Dea would have no reason to keep her body
Dea/Dae? is keeping those no.1s becoz they are still claymores, not awakened beings and ofcoz not AOs
if Cassandra already awakens as an AO, it would be a BAD BAD idea to mix priscilla's arm + yoki with her
Just like the org wouldn't revive Isley or keep Riful's body, they won't keep Cassandra's if she is already an AO
Old 2011-03-03, 21:34   Link #327
evil_kenshin

Quote:
if Cassandra actually awakens, Dea would have no reason to keep her body
Dea/Dae? is keeping those no.1s becoz they are still claymores, not awakened beings and ofcoz not AOs
if Cassandra already awakens as an AO, it would be a BAD BAD idea to mix priscilla's arm + yoki with her
Just like the org wouldn't revive Isley or keep Riful's body, they won't keep Cassandra's if she is already an AO
I know which is why I said I believe she is a half awakened
Old 2011-03-03, 21:45   Link #328
manmmlala

Quote:
I know which is why I said I believe she is a half awakened
when she was about to awaken, her massive yoki caused all the dust blowing up into the air, at the very same time the warriors were piercing each of their damn big swords into Cassandra, Cassandra opened her mouth in terrible pain and ate all the dust, and she choked to death

She is forever remembered as the Dust-Eater, amen
Old 2011-03-03, 21:46   Link #329
Newhope

Quote:
would be a bit unbelievable; as it means that despite defeating the org on the island that they have failed to kill every last yoma in the last 500+ years.
The worlds a big place and by the end of the story I suspect they isn't going to be all that many claymore left to cover that world , and considering we don't know how Yoma are produced IE naturally or artificially it's not that far fetched that they'll survive.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:58   Link #330
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
sorry to bring this up again, but is there anyone brave enough to answer my question?.
It's been bothering since she appeared in this chapter and fairly quickly I might add.
If only she showed up when Deneve(or was it Tabitha....) group fought against the Org, it might of been different.
No one knows. Yagi haven't given us any time line.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:23   Link #331
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Miria returns from the grave like jesus christ.
He needed three days, she needed three months
IMO her death and her revival are convincing. Very good chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
If I remember correctly, Cassandra was the one which was in no good status, right? I suddenly got an idea (dunno if it was already discussed) about the possibilities if Teresa can be revived. If Cassandra got cut her limbs before she could have awakened and then, Dae says she should be fine as long as there are no problems with MiBs' point of view.... couldn't it be possible for Teresa as well? (I know it must be difficult to paste her head again, but anyways)
IMO theresa should be able to walk again with no problems. The head and the arms could be connected. The question is what did they take from theresa into clare. Was this something zombie teresa would miss?

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2011-03-03 at 22:41.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:51   Link #332
claremore

Quote:
when she was about to awaken, her massive yoki caused all the dust blowing up into the air, at the very same time the warriors were piercing each of their damn big swords into Cassandra, Cassandra opened her mouth in terrible pain and ate all the dust, and she choked to death

She is forever remembered as the Dust-Eater, amen
her awakened form is going to be a giant vacuum cleaner
Old 2011-03-03, 22:59   Link #333
manmmlala

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
I NEED EVERYTHING TO BE CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!
I shall declare this comic - CLEANMORE!!!
Old 2011-03-03, 23:08   Link #334
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
IMO theresa should be able to walk again with no problems. The head and the arms could be connected. The question is what did they take from theresa into clare. Was this something zombie teresa would miss?
Now that you mention it..... I think the entire head could have been used to pour into Clare. Besides, as we lack info on how Dae kept those bodies without being decayed and actually 'revive' them, can't make sure whether any warrior who died in the past can be brought back to life. I was only asking if a mere 1% of possibility could bring Teresa back, and only relying on the logics Yagi's given us till now. Personally, I really want her back, but analyzing...... it doesn't make sense. Just as evil_kenshin and Newhope explained, the main plot would be broken without Clare wanting revenge against Priscilla.
Old 2011-03-04, 00:05   Link #335
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
you just had to go there...

Old 2011-03-04, 00:13   Link #336
BlackMagister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Now that you mention it..... I think the entire head could have been used to pour into Clare. Besides, as we lack info on how Dae kept those bodies without being decayed and actually 'revive' them, can't make sure whether any warrior who died in the past can be brought back to life. I was only asking if a mere 1% of possibility could bring Teresa back, and only relying on the logics Yagi's given us till now. Personally, I really want her back, but analyzing...... it doesn't make sense. Just as evil_kenshin and Newhope explained, the main plot would be broken without Clare wanting revenge against Priscilla.
How would Teresa being revived as a zombie break the plot? It's not like Teresa will be revived as a human, more likely she will be a monstrosity. I'm not sure why you're doubting Dae's ability to keep bodies without decaying, he has three bodies in fairly good condition that are really old. We can't see their exact condition, but the bodies at least maintained their shape, their skin and hair is still present.

Clare will be very emotional if she meets the revived Teresa, but Teresa will not hug Clare back. Well at least not easily, it may end up as a touching moment where Teresa is somehow able to show her personality even though it should never have been revived in the first place.
Old 2011-03-04, 00:20   Link #337
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
. I'm not sure why you're doubting Dae's ability to keep bodies without decaying, he has three bodies in fairly good condition that are really old. We can't see their exact condition, but the bodies at least maintained their shape, their skin and hair is still present.
that is what most are questioning the how as in real life bodies would of long since decayed. Until we learn more about the process we don't really know if or if not that dae could store Teresa in a condition that means she could of been revived.
Old 2011-03-04, 00:45   Link #338
Vinak
Procrastinator

Teresa's revival is highly unlikely. We only need to pay attention to the conversation Between Dea and Rubel to understand why. The 3 strongest without any deficiencies.

As far as we know, Teresa is missing a head. This seems like a deliberate cop out by yagi to prevent her revival. We have been lead to believe Teresa is one of, if not the strongest number one ever.(among other plot complications) So naturally yagi has to figure out a way to dissuade the organization from reviving her. Missing a head and saying that prevents her revival is simple enough.

As for body preservation. I don't see the complication here. Real human society has known ways of preserving bodies for thousands of years. Modern society can embalm the dead. Well done embalming can preserve a body near indefinitely.

With yoki "magic" present in the claymore world, and the organization's apparent experience with biology, I do not think it inconceivable for the organization to know how to preserve bodies and revive them.
Old 2011-03-04, 00:49   Link #339
BlackMagister

Quote:
that is what most are questioning the how as in real life bodies would of long since decayed. Until we learn more about the process we don't really know if or if not that dae could store Teresa in a condition that means she could of been revived.
What? The Organization has advanced biotechnology. You're telling me Dae might not know effective ways to preserve corpses, something that is definitely not a recent medical practice in our world. Preserving corpses should be one of the easiest things about his job, the hard part is all the biological experimentation.

Also we have corpses that are older than Teresa apparently well preserved. About her "missing" head, it's not missing. The Organization used Teresa's head for Clare's process to become a Claymore. The debatable point is how much flesh is required for someone to become a Claymore. Claymores are not literally 50% yoma as fitting their entire body with Yoma flesh would be unrealistic and the only part with any markings is their stomach. So it appears to be a small amount of flesh put in their stomach that turns them into a Claymore slowly and painfully (remember Clare's best friend that she killed). Now is that small amount a human head's flesh or could it just be a chunk from the cheek.

I contend Clare could become a Claymore using flesh from Teresa's head without the head being destroyed. However we don't know what the Claymore process is exactly, heck we've never seen the stigmata. It will probably just continue to be a "take my word for it" kind of thing, that we have to trust the other characters to describe the stigmata for us and the process to become a Claymore will never being revealed as well.

Last edited by BlackMagister; 2011-03-04 at 01:00.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:29   Link #340
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Is it just me or is there some dissonance between your rather strong criticism (which I basically argee with) and your rating of this chapter (9 out of 10)? I know I personally didn't forget about Raftela, which made the whole "all together now" thing even weirder than it already was. I was tempted to bring her up specifically (and I'm glad you did), but it felt weird to keep raining on the parade of those rejoicing in Miria's survival. (After all, even for you that seems to trump every shortcoming in the end.) I suppose we'll have to assume something fittingly cheesy, like for example she was swayed by the purity of Miria's heart she felt when she manipulated her youki, etc.
Well, even the worst chapters of Claymore are usually great, and despite the manner in which it happened not being believable to me, I do like Miria, so I am happy to see her back. It didn't get the 10 because it lacked the credibility.
Closed Thread