Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-19, 08:07   Link #161
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
And for those who think a week was too long before notifying customers might not know that most companies have taken much longer to do so and some even longer but most breaches of this kind go unreported so just be lucky they even notified everyone.
They did act quickly, but the internet always demands a problem that starts today to be fixed yesterday.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 08:22   Link #162
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
They did act quickly, but the internet always demands a problem that starts today to be fixed yesterday.
Haha, this made me chuckle. Much truth in this.
Old 2011-05-19, 08:25   Link #163
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, yeah. The fact that they had security experts running around fixing all the loopholes, means there was no excuse for such an elemental mistake to begin with. So the issue is they made a simple mistake that shouldn't have been made at all.
Old 2011-05-20, 23:04   Link #164
Xion Valkyrie

Lol, Sony just can't catch a break can they?

http://www.electronista.com/articles....points.taken/

It's only a subsidiary Japan only ISP this time though.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 14:32   Link #165
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

http://www.pcworld.com/article/22863...customers.html

I feel pretty bad for Sony. I mean, they make great electronics (minus the propitiatory sockets) and the PS3 is a pretty good console (pick PS3>Xbox any day). If they suffer a financial crisis it would be terrible news for everyone.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 17:21   Link #166
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

got this form sanakaku

could someone translated it.
Old 2011-05-26, 17:57   Link #167
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Someone already did.

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 18:44   Link #168
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
This is ridiculous.

When companies put copyright tools in place on their games people ***** about how it's punishing the honest customers.

Here we got hackers who think they have the right to go in and attack Sony and as a result they are also punishing those who use PS3s as well. Give them a break, I think the Japanese have suffered quite enough in the last few months.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 19:32   Link #169
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
This is ridiculous.

When companies put copyright tools in place on their games people ***** about how it's punishing the honest customers.

Here we got hackers who think they have the right to go in and attack Sony and as a result they are also punishing those who use PS3s as well. Give them a break, I think the Japanese have suffered quite enough in the last few months.
The main issue is that so far, all the hacking methods known to have been used against Sony are NOT sophisticated.

It isn't that Sony is being nuked from orbit; they are simply being labelled an easy target as a company perceived to have minimal security. And the fact that these simple methods worked is why Sony is being blamed.

It's like feeling sorry that a bank had its vault of valuables cleaned out, but then finding out they had secured the place only with a single padlock.

People aren't giving personal data to Sony because they think hackers won't attack the network; people give the data to Sony because they believe Sony would do everything they can do prevent theft. Had Sony been found to have been broken into by genius crackers, no one would be upset at them.

People expected Sony to have a certain level of defensive capability. The assumption was shown to be false, and that's why Sony is blamed. Even if the attacks stop, there is still a possibility of future attacks until the consumer trust that Sony had got their act together.
Old 2011-06-03, 03:19   Link #170
SMT
*Artist

Yet again a hack.
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente....html#tk.hp_fv

Message to the public by lulzsec:
http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/sow...0STATEMENT.txt

This time it's SonyPictures, though.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 03:41   Link #171
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
*picardfacepalm.jpg*

Really Sony? Really? You store your user passwords in plaintext?

Wow.
Old 2011-06-03, 03:49   Link #172
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
All my games will be on PC or Xbox from now on. You'd think they learned their lesson after the PSN scandal.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:43   Link #173
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's becoming funny. Sony's failure is now on par with the infamous RROD.

Not like it affects me in any way anyway. I prefer my console with singleplay game or co-op on screen multiplay.
Old 2011-06-03, 11:33   Link #174
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's becoming funny. Sony's failure is now on par with the infamous RROD.

Not like it affects me in any way anyway. I prefer my console with singleplay game or co-op on screen multiplay.
Pretty much this. While I have no intention of ditching my PS3, this new incident certainly raises an eyebrow from me. o_O
Old 2011-06-03, 11:45   Link #175
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

All this does is make me remember why I'd never fill out credit card data online, if I even had one.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 16:10   Link #176
Slayerx

The welcome back package is now up
However you may want to wait before jumping in... I think because of the great number of users trying to log on to the store, its got the store running poorly.

Also a few have mentioned that when trying to get their free game, an error occurred (agian possibly due to traffic) and the offer dissappeared. However on another forum someone suggested that if that happens you may still get the offer if you " go to Account management > transaction management > service list > SCEA promotions and download it there."

Me i'll be going for Infamous for sure... not sure what the second game should be though.
Already got LBP, and I'm not sure about wipeout, dead nation or Stardust... only saw a demo for wipeout and it was ok, but got no clue on the others
Old 2011-06-03, 19:59   Link #177
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I got Wipeout HD + Fury. Not really a fan of racing games other than my holy ..quadrinity Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Rage Racer and Wip3out, which I really enjoyed.

Sadly I just saw the game got patched and nerfed so I can now choose the difficulty in the campaign which kind of defeats the whole point for me.

I doubt I'll use the second 'coupon'. I wanted to get Super Stardust HD but that's not available in the EU and we got Ratchet and Clank instead, not even one of the full games but that 4-hour-thing instead. If only they had offered the superior Jak and Daxter.. but oh well.

Of course I already have InFamous so yeah, I doubt I'll get a second game anytime soon.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 21:41   Link #178
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

wait.. so you cant PICk the games?
Old 2011-06-03, 22:26   Link #179
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yes you can, but you get only a choice of 2 of 5 pre-selected ones.

InFamous, Dead Nation, LittleBigPlanet, Super Stardust HD or WipEout HD for North America.

In Europe it's the same, except for Super Stardust. Instead you can get a Ratchet and Clank game.
Old 2011-06-03, 22:33   Link #180
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

you can but just like slayerx said, the psn right now is having a massive traffic since lots of desperados (including me...) are trying to download 2 free games for each consoles (ps3 and psp) and the selected free add-ons assuming you subscribed for the 1 month free psn+.

I guess I have nothing to complain now after a month of no online gaming and I am just glad that the store is fully back online
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote