AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-06, 04:49   Link #121
passin'gass
Cropduster

As Forbesii said in episode 22(?), it'll be years before Rin marries so the battle is far from won.

Waitlisted for the following fansubs: Shuffle24, Suzuka26, DCSS20, C2-13, Lamune7
Old 2006-01-06, 04:51   Link #122
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
With the whole Rin slitting his wrist thing. Even if he had gotten an artery (and I guess he did if it somehow ended up on his face), it would have taken at least 10 minutes for him to pass out and die. But yeah, down the street not across.
Who knows? Maybe he was faking it? Oh wait, this is Rin we're talking about, he's not smart enough to do something like that :j/k:

By the way, Riker, I think it could be either because Itsuki is too busy daydreaming to pay attention to what he said, or he's a masochist who likes being beaten by tall girls with a small chest.
Old 2006-01-06, 05:59   Link #123
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
With the whole Rin slitting his wrist thing. Even if he had gotten an artery (and I guess he did if it somehow ended up on his face), it would have taken at least 10 minutes for him to pass out and die. But yeah, down the street not across.
Well blood squirting from wrists is possible from the initial cut and the way he was bending his wrist (it was a pretty nasty cut)... and as for passing out... someone can fall into shock with a situation like that... but then again, that cut was hella deep and there was a lot of blood. Doesn't take a lot of loss of blood from the right place to make you feel woozy and faint.

As for this the Shuffle! ending... I thought it was great. I loved the fact that instead of making it definate conclusion, they left it a a little open-ended.

Shuffle! is a must see and one of the best harem Anime's (IMO) in awhile. (Also... new Couple: Sia x Kaede )
Old 2006-01-06, 06:05   Link #124
Paracelsus

That's why is an anime...once you get the artery it's a matter of seconds before your death...and it's not that humans have their "friendly neighbour asa" to heal them :3
Old 2006-01-06, 07:26   Link #125
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

The animation really was off in the second half of the episode, it didn´t look any good at all.

Other than that, I wonder if I really can say that it is an open ending. We got to remember that Rin put his life in Asa´s hands. Pretty deep moment there.

If they want to make an OVA or a second season I hope that they exclude Rin and just let him continue to be with Asa.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-01-06, 07:52   Link #126
Eclipze

And then we shall see Itsuki going after the other girls, with Mayumi pummeling him every single time
Old 2006-01-06, 09:30   Link #127
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
And, for what it's worth, AvatarST, I enjoyed the show, but I find it lacks a bit of coherence in the storytelling/planning department. Basically, it's enjoyable so long as you don't try to put a great deal of thought into trying to add up and connect the pieces and finding a deeper message in the "big picture". (You know how I am about that sort of thing. ) In that sense, I felt it never really did grow too much past its "path-based" game origins compared to certain other shows in the genre, so perhaps a bit of lost potential there. So, all in all, I felt it was a decent show, but I'm not really prepared to call it a classic. I guess I'd sum it up by saying that it's a show about cute girls, hijinks, and high school romance, but not really a show about love. That's not a bad thing persay, but I feel they had the potential to do even more - to leave us with a much more profound message or truth - and that irrespective of which girl he ended up with. Perhaps this criticism may go over the head of many people, but I'm sure you'll know what I'm saying. That being said, I've still decided to keep collecting the DVDs (despite the insane price... ) so I guess all is not lost.
Yeah, of course I know what you mean, heh. I'm not calling it a classic either (though I do sound hyped in my other post don't I? ). Both ways, I guess that's were we differ...I really didn't care that much about the message or anything. I loved the characters, their stories, the events that took place in the series, how it was basically impossible to guess Rin's choice in the beginning - and when you go and look back it makes sense, and it was a lot of fun. So for me, I'd rate this as one of the better harem series or b-game conversions I've ever watched, because quite simply I loved it. Like you said, it really depends on the way you look at it.

I guess that our tastes do differ. I still need to make that post in that thread...I've just been a bit busy the last few days, then I kinda forgot, blah. But I'd post there soon...yeah.
Old 2006-01-06, 09:37   Link #128
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

I have the feeling that Navel is going to put a sequel of shuffle in the fridge untill they run out of ideas or when their out of money.
Old 2006-01-06, 11:01   Link #129
Furudanuki

Well, I broke one of my long-standing rules and grabbed the raw for this episode. I'm going to hold off on any comments about the overall episode until the subbed version is out because my understanding of japanese is simply not at a level where I can understand any significant dialog. But I do have some insight into Rin's wrist-slitting scene after reviewing it with my firefighter/EMT spouse.

As several people have said already, cutting the wrist along the length of the arm is the best way to get to the arteries, and thus bleed out faster. Given the way Rin made his cut across the wrist it is still possible that he nicked an artery, but the amount of blood shown in the scene was still more dramatic license than realism. Even so, my wife commented that there was not nearly enough blood present to belive that Rin actually bled to death in such a short period of time. The most probable real-world explanation for what happened is that Rin did cut into an artery, and the sudden - emphasis on sudden - drop in blood pressure coupled with heightened levels of adrenaline resulted in fainting or maybe even shock, as the brain shut down all voluntary body functions in an effort to protect itself from oxygen starvation. Once the wound was healed and blood pressure stabilized, even if Asa's magic did not replace the lost blood it would not be unreasonable for Rin to return to conciousness fairly quickly.
Old 2006-01-06, 11:23   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And once again, we learn that people should not use "dramatic presentations" as information resources --- which is why many of those "special can't miss episodes" are such claptrap.

I must admit.... I'm vibrating badly enough I'm grabbing the raw as well.... last time I messed with raws was when I became concerned that Tsukuyomi Moon Phase subs would never be completed and grabbed the last 7 episodes... fortunately, the subbers rallied and came through in a glorious bit of volunteer effort.

((Furu... watching Lamune now.... love it.... ))
Old 2006-01-06, 11:56   Link #131
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
The animation really was off in the second half of the episode, it didn´t look any good at all.

Other than that, I wonder if I really can say that it is an open ending. We got to remember that Rin put his life in Asa´s hands. Pretty deep moment there.

If they want to make an OVA or a second season I hope that they exclude Rin and just let him continue to be with Asa.
Agreed. I was like WTF? with the animation. It was so bad I wanted to puke.
Old 2006-01-06, 12:02   Link #132
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Probably someone had too much of Christmas vacation and wanted to get on with it as quickly as possible
Old 2006-01-06, 14:12   Link #133
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Agreed. I was like WTF? with the animation. It was so bad I wanted to puke.
The art really did go south for this episode. We've seen this before. Remember that scene with Asa and Rin at the river. All of Episode 24 looked like that, except for the new footage during the closing credits. It was a shame because ...

Spoiler:

It was still a lot of fun, but it would have been more fun if the A-Team did the final episode, and the B-Team got Episode 23.
Old 2006-01-06, 16:36   Link #134
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
It was still a lot of fun, but it would have been more fun if the A-Team did the final episode, and the B-Team got Episode 23.
No ! That would mean Ama in episode 23 will get crappy animation. >_<

Well anyways, for those who liked the ending credits of the last episode, I found a video on 2chan with the credits cropped out. I uploaded it to YouTube and you can view it here or here

I'll say it again, Ama in the credits is uber kawaii!

As I said, I found the video, so don't credit me for making it.

Last edited by Riker; 2006-01-06 at 17:25.
Old 2006-01-06, 16:45   Link #135
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
No ! That would mean Ama in episode 23 will get crappy animation. >_<

Well anyways, for those who liked the ending credits of the last episode, I found a video on 2chan with the credits cropped out. I uploaded it to YouTube and you can view it here

I'll say it again, Ama in the credits is uber kawaii!

As I said, I found the video, so don't credit me for making it.
That was good. i liek how Sia appear on one side and kikyou on the other side of kaede. Like the old cartoon with the angel and devil giveing advise.

Any chance someone make it availble for download?
Old 2006-01-06, 16:54   Link #136
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I always knew Sia really liked Kaede and wouldn't mind sharing Rin with her Although I didn't have THAT in mind, but whatever Vote for Sia/Kikyou-Kaede, the best Shuffle couple
Old 2006-01-06, 17:05   Link #137
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
That was good. i liek how Sia appear on one side and kikyou on the other side of kaede. Like the old cartoon with the angel and devil giveing advise. ....
Too funny. I can just imagine the angel / devil dialog...
Angel Sia - "There! That bit of makeup makes you look wonderful, Kaede!"
Devil Kikyou - "Kaede, the show only has a few seconds left, and I'm going to kiss SOMEBODY dammit!"
Old 2006-01-06, 17:17   Link #138
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... i somewhat get the idea that they are on the way out to party
Old 2006-01-06, 19:35   Link #139
Tabris

The animation is strange. Some characters (imo) like Ama look like they've not been drawn different, however characters like Forbeseii and Eustoma seem to have been killed and replaced with slightly different clones.
Old 2006-01-06, 20:14   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just watched the raw.... imo, the art didn't really "get worse" in the second so much as the *style* changed. It got more cartoony and relied more on distorted effects (chibi, etc). I suspect this was intentional... since the last part of the story is really sort of from Primula's point of view and the world has changed a bit.
Parts of the animated effects I liked, a few bits less so. The "Clutch Cargo Memorial puppet on a stick" walking trick was used enough times that it became obvious ... though I actually liked the little cartoony insert shots of the characters... that schtick gets used in the manga periodically.

The last part has "OVAs" or "specials" written all over them, so they're at least covering their opportunities. And ... much as I hate to say it --- it doesn't look like Asa has a solo lock on Rin ... Kareha has that predatory look and Kikyou definitely has not thrown in the towel. Obviously, there's a rush on for #2 and #3 slots and we won't examine how the human, demon, and god worlds handle the mundane legal aspects.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-07 at 00:17.
Closed Thread