AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-12-07, 19:38   Link #2901
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Nah, he died. He is being Resurrected several years later in the future. Not through code immortality and he's definitely not the cart driver.
Xenomorph555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 20:43   Link #2902
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph555 View Post
Nah, he died. He is being Resurrected several years later in the future. Not through code immortality and he's definitely not the cart driver.
Nah Lelouch vi Britannia died, that is the getting resurrected, not Lelouch Lamperouge. :P

This is 101 Emperor

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 23:08   Link #2903
Laurcus
The black angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
If it turns out he was the cart-driver, Laurcus, then you have my apologies.
Eight years ago I was pretty vocal about him being dead because of what Okouchi had said in many of the interviews.
I was harsh to you and many others here about it and defended his death to the death.
While we don't know just yet, all indicators seem to suggest that the cart-driver may have in fact been Lelouch.
No worries man.

The one thing that I could just never accept, is that Okouchi or others that worked on the project always seemed to react very strangely to questions about Lelouch's death. Like, if Okouchi had just plainly said, "Lelouch is dead, he stays dead forever, end of story." instead of deflecting by getting all philosophical about it being a happy ending, then I don't think this would have ever been a serious point of debate among the community.

Idk if something was lost in translation or if it's cultural differences, but that was the one thread I could just never let go. I just couldn't rationalize why after being asked about it multiple times they didn't just go, "Lelouch is dead, deal with it."

Who knows though. Maybe they'd always intended for Lelouch to stay dead and either the call of money caused them to dream up a series 3 or someone got a really great idea for it. I guess no one can really say at this point.
Old 2016-12-08, 17:39   Link #2904
Xander

Here's a report about the anniversary event, with some quotes from the staff and cast:

http://aniloco.info/archives/19357
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 17:50   Link #2905
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph555 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Nah Lelouch vi Britannia died, that is the getting resurrected, not Lelouch Lamperouge. :P

This is 101 Emperor
Can be interpreted either way - Ironically a staff member or even the creator confirmed his death.

Good I didn't believe in that and just thought 'pfft - CC talking to the heaven's is so much unlike her, plus why else hide the driver's face.'
Which is my point for him never having truly died - CC isn't the kind of person who'd look up to the sky and talk to the actually dead like that. Except its a case like Marie whose soul was trapped in the world of C.
But CC talking to someone who actually died for good? - Nah :rollyeyes:
I hope CC will be back too, and moreover ORANGE

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 08:33   Link #2906
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Man, I absolutely loved the R2 finale (and let's be real, the ending was the saving grace from the collective trainwreck season 2 was, albeit entertaining as heck though) and Lelouch's death made me shed a few good tears but...I love that mofo! So, if he is to rise from the ashes again, I'm all for it.

Besides, if trolling is to ensue and bad storylines kick in, I can always pretend it's fanon and all's right the world. At the very least, we will get another series of Lulu-harem-jokes, and pizza butt memes.

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 14:16   Link #2907
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Can be interpreted either way - Ironically a staff member or even the creator confirmed his death.

Good I didn't believe in that and just thought 'pfft - CC talking to the heaven's is so much unlike her, plus why else hide the driver's face.'
Which is my point for him never having truly died - CC isn't the kind of person who'd look up to the sky and talk to the actually dead like that. Except its a case like Marie whose soul was trapped in the world of C.
But CC talking to someone who actually died for good? - Nah :rollyeyes:
I hope CC will be back too, and moreover ORANGE
All this news got me to dust off my DVDs and watch the last episode again.
You are correct in my opinion.
There were many hints that were there that I for one missed back in 2008-2010 and now with a fresh look (and not watching any other episodes in order to stem the emotional high) I can see some of what you are talking about.

That said, we still do not know the details of the new show, so all of this talk is pure speculation on our part and we may yet proven proven wrong.
Old 2016-12-23, 00:31   Link #2908
MayFly
Banned

PV

MayFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 02:47   Link #2909
Brother Coa
Banned

Yeah... the new crisis will arrive and judging by few scenes we saw it will be the people who made Geass in the first place.

And Lelouch with C.C. is investigating their ruins to find solution to stop them.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 11:08   Link #2910
kipzizz

jibun wooooo feelings are all back! darn it Geass!

(Kallen doing kitchen-ish (??) stuff makes me lol man)

Old 2016-12-23, 11:38   Link #2911
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Wish we had a better quality one.

For a show taking place a few years after, I wish some of the characters had different looks or something.

I also find it hilarious that Suzaku goes around investigating in the full Zero costume complete with the cape. Most puzzling shot is probably the one where he's in his Round outfit since doing that out in the open doesn't seem wise.

Needs more C.C. and Lelouch.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 18:19   Link #2912
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Yeah....yeah....we may have been wrong.
I mean sure, maybe it's possible. But in this latest PV he still seems to have his geass. Wasn't the whole driver theory based on him becoming like C.C. and being an immortal? Geass users are not immortals...makes me think he is resurrected somehow. I guess we'll see. Greatly looking forward to this.
Old 2016-12-27, 00:09   Link #2913
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I mean sure, maybe it's possible. But in this latest PV he still seems to have his geass. Wasn't the whole driver theory based on him becoming like C.C. and being an immortal? Geass users are not immortals...makes me think he is resurrected somehow. I guess we'll see. Greatly looking forward to this.
Now that I've seen the PV, I tend to agree with you, unless there is something about Geass we do not know about as of yet. I've seen some of the fan-theories about it (as there so often are), but nothing substantial.
The PV is enticing and I am looking forward to seeing how they pull this off.
Old 2016-12-27, 09:10   Link #2914
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If memory serves there was some theory that he could possibly keep the Geass if the Code he got was from someone other than the person he was contracted with. The examples of people getting the Code we had were only with those who got it from those they had received Geass from.

You could say he achieved "Code Geass" by possessing both. Complete shot in the dark though as there is nothing to really back it up unlike the Code theory which was at least taken from what we had seen with the Codes.

I can't really think of a better way to justify his return then having him get the Code since it fits with what we've seen but I guess they can make up whatever they want.
Old 2016-12-28, 18:01   Link #2915
fukarming

Ever since R2 is finished I always dreamt of having season 3. While Lelouch/Suzaku/Kallen/Nanally's endings are foreseen from miles away and satisfactory, I dislike the ending of the lesser characters. I still cannot believe Ougi become leader of Japan and live happily ever after with Villetta.

I have thought how they will continue with S3 when R2 implied everyone "lives happily ever after". Here is my theory:

Schienzel died of natural cause a few months after R2, thus ruining Lelouch plan for a better world (Lelouch knew everyone is incompetent to run a country so he set up such elaborate scheme to Geass Schienzel). Soon after conflict in Japan arises as incompetent Ougi (a popular theme in Japanimation is that nice, incompetent leaders doing more harm than not as nice, competent leaders) makes the country and its citizens doing worse than it was under Britainnia's rule. Soon the mob rushed the Ougi's residence and killing him in the process. Villetta escapes and vowed revenge while Kallen is confused as to what she should do since she fought hard of this outcome and yet the outcome is not what she envisioned.

Meanwhile without Schienzel Nanally and Suzaku suffers similar fate - Britainnia broken down, suffering attack from the EU and Chinese Federation breaking alliance with Britainnia (Xingke once said the alliance is for the benefit for the CF - with Britainnia no longer able to hold itself Xingke will break alliance for the good of CF). Nanally soon gone missing and the world is in bigger chaos than in R1/R2. That prompts Lelouch to come back to protect Nanally once again.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-29, 13:37   Link #2916
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
If memory serves there was some theory that he could possibly keep the Geass if the Code he got was from someone other than the person he was contracted with. The examples of people getting the Code we had were only with those who got it from those they had received Geass from.

You could say he achieved "Code Geass" by possessing both. Complete shot in the dark though as there is nothing to really back it up unlike the Code theory which was at least taken from what we had seen with the Codes.

I can't really think of a better way to justify his return then having him get the Code since it fits with what we've seen but I guess they can make up whatever they want.
If he had Code he would have revived right there when Nunnally was holding his hand and the blood would have disappeared like it did for C.C every time she was killed. It would also require many people to know about him still being alive, because it was Cornelia's rebels who took over the area with Lelouch's body in the middle of it and I'm pretty sure a few of the prisoners would have wanted to see Lelouch's body up close knowing what they knew of him.

The whole point of that ending was that Lelouch wanted to pay for everyone's sins with his death. If he survived, he paid for nothing and left all the shit for others to pick up.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-29, 16:17   Link #2917
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
If he had Code he would have revived right there when Nunnally was holding his hand and the blood would have disappeared like it did for C.C every time she was killed. It would also require many people to know about him still being alive, because it was Cornelia's rebels who took over the area with Lelouch's body in the middle of it and I'm pretty sure a few of the prisoners would have wanted to see Lelouch's body up close knowing what they knew of him.

The whole point of that ending was that Lelouch wanted to pay for everyone's sins with his death. If he survived, he paid for nothing and left all the shit for others to pick up.
Do we know that for certain though? The exact mechanics were never really clear and the only examples I can recall we saw of us seeing someone revive were Charles and V.V., who did revive quite quickly. We never actually saw C.C. revive from death at any point (closest example was when she got injured in Season One those two times). I can't recall if the blood completely vanished either. The wounds certainly healed, but I wasn't aware of all the blood coming back like how Baccano's immortality works as an example.

Would it? We have no details on what was done with his body after the death or even the immediate aftermath. Everything after that last shot of Nunnally crying and Suzaku standing there is unknown to us, though what you state is likely what you'd expect them to do.

Eh, I get that was the intention. Personally I never really cared for it or bought it, but that's ultimately opinions.

Really they could do whatever they want when it comes to how Lelouch is back. They could make up any number of excuses for it. To me anyway, the Code idea is simply the one that makes sense based on what we already know. If something new is introduced that's a different manner.

But I suppose we should also take into account that they probably never intended there to be a sequel with Lelouch back.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2016-12-29, 18:00   Link #2918
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

IDK, I think I'd rather they were to shocked with many emotions to notice Lelouch's body afterwards. Whose to say how long it took for Lelouch to come back to life. If we take how long having the code determines the revival rate then Lelouch should take awhile lol.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-29, 21:39   Link #2919
azarhal

Quote:
Do we know that for certain though? The exact mechanics were never really clear and the only examples I can recall we saw of us seeing someone revive were Charles and V.V., who did revive quite quickly. We never actually saw C.C. revive from death at any point (closest example was when she got injured in Season One those two times). I can't recall if the blood completely vanished either. The wounds certainly healed, but I wasn't aware of all the blood coming back like how Baccano's immortality works as an example.
We see her revive in episode 1 of R2, where she is shot in the heart and fall in Lelouch's arm. She revive pretty fast to unlock Lelouch's memory via the kiss, but I most admit the blood stays on her cloth there. Although, when I wrote that thing about the blood fading, I might have been thinking of a picture drama scene because I can't remember the episode #. I rewatched the whole series + picture drama in the last few days, I might mixing thing up a bit.

Quote:
Would it? We have no details on what was done with his body after the death or even the immediate aftermath. Everything after that last shot of Nunnally crying and Suzaku standing there is unknown to us, though what you state is likely what you'd expect them to do.

Eh, I get that was the intention. Personally I never really cared for it or bought it, but that's ultimately opinions.

Really they could do whatever they want when it comes to how Lelouch is back. They could make up any number of excuses for it. To me anyway, the Code idea is simply the one that makes sense based on what we already know. If something new is introduced that's a different manner.

But I suppose we should also take into account that they probably never intended there to be a sequel with Lelouch back.
The director apparently said that Lelouch's body was in the Damocles when they sent it to burn in the Sun in a post-series interview back in 2009. Note the apparently, I can only find the English "he said" text, not the original JP source.

The Code one doesn't make the most sense to me though. Charles was swallowed by the C's World, along Marianne, when it decided to keep the wheel turning after Lelouch asked for it. Lelouch didn't kill his father directly and his Geass upgraded to two eyes after the request was done, I'm not even sure if we can say that the condition to transfer the Code were meet there. Also, that scene happened a few episode after Lelouch believed Nunnally died and he was in "I want to die" mode which means he had no reasons to take the Code.

By the way, if that entity can erase people, it can probably bring them back too. It's the same place we see Charles talk to Clovis after he died in the first season might I add...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 08:14   Link #2920
kipzizz

It's not like the Geass and its whole mechanics of how it truly works, were explored much though; at this point, it's like how AT field works in Evangelion for example, it's just like "well, because."

They want to bring back Lelouch, they can easily bullshit their way around it in a million different ways. (we're talking about Sunrise afterall)

Tags
drama, mecha