AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 07:53   Link #2681
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
You forgot creepy yanderish stalker.

That's also why I support him over Amata. His inteaction with Mikono are going to be interesting.
Of course, as interesting as an abusive ex-boyfriend returning back into her life.

Sadly though that's not to my taste but I can see why it would get you excited though.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:12   Link #2682
Zuul

A think that I found a bit weird is that in spite of the dramatic way the episode ended, there will still be time for highschool hijinks next week according to the preview (Amata planing to project his mom's film, Mikono and Zessica's little yuri moment -I wish-).

So either it takes a super long time to reach Vega though dimensional gates or Kagura is going to use his brain for once and wait for Mikono to be alone before making his move on her, instead of just attacking neo-Deava with his giant robot like an idiot.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 12:36   Link #2683
satomianzaki

mikono is a nice and a fragile girl and i think kagura the beast is too much for her...its like he will devour her whole...but i also wonder why mikono is asking forgiveness...

oh welll...i still hope it'll still be amata and mikono till the end, that amata will not let kagura take her...even if kagura is the real reincarnation of appollo...

just hoping... since the story and the who's who is really unpredicatable and there could be twists in the plot...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 12:45   Link #2684
cyberdemon

something i have been speculating on but anyone else think the Aquarion was actually an abductors machine in the past? Likely stolen from them by Donar and his girls? Amata has those memories of Alicia being taken Aquarion rather than by an abductor machine.Maybe the abductors made this Aquarion but because there weren't any females they couldn't use even a fraction of it's power and was shot down. Donar managed to gain control and unleashed it's power with his GF before their love made it go crazy.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:57   Link #2685
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
something i have been speculating on but anyone else think the Aquarion was actually an abductors machine in the past? Likely stolen from them by Donar and his girls? Amata has those memories of Alicia being taken Aquarion rather than by an abductor machine.Maybe the abductors made this Aquarion but because there weren't any females they couldn't use even a fraction of it's power and was shot down. Donar managed to gain control and unleashed it's power with his GF before their love made it go crazy.
I forget with every details but weren't Aquarion already on Vega 12,000 years ago? "The Skies of Aquaria" movie was made according to the event 12,000 years ago after all. While the dying female on Altair couldn't be happen since that long time.
Old 2012-03-14, 13:25   Link #2686
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
If you've watch Aquarion you'd know about the massed produced Assault Type Aquarions.

The two sets of Vectors are a later generation built by Neo-Deava.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 14:00   Link #2687
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
If you've watch Aquarion you'd know about the massed produced Assault Type Aquarions.

The two sets of Vectors are a later generation built by Neo-Deava.
Then how do you explain Aquarion taking Alicia as she was leaving Amata? Not to mention that Aquarion was forbidden for them. I'd imagine they wouldn't be too willing to build versions with the Aquarion mode. That's why i think it was Altair that built it. Their plan requires Aquarion since Izumo wanted Jin to get at least 1 of the machines when he gets a girl to bring back.
Old 2012-03-14, 14:14   Link #2688
kuromitsu

Quote:
Then how do you explain Aquarion taking Alicia as she was leaving Amata? Not to mention that Aquarion was forbidden for them. I'd imagine they wouldn't be too willing to build versions with the Aquarion mode. That's why i think it was Altair that built it. Their plan requires Aquarion since Izumo wanted Jin to get at least 1 of the machines when he gets a girl to bring back.
That was probably a symbolic representation of something, like Cayenne's vision of Aquarion taking Mikono away.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 14:22   Link #2689
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That was probably a symbolic representation of something, like Cayenne's vision of Aquarion taking Mikono away.
TBF that's not really comparable, ones a "vision" of the future (e.g a possibility that's foreboding) and the others a flashback of the past, there's no need of a symbolic representation unless Amata's memories are messed up or unless the show just showed random crap to portray something similar to what actually happened.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 16:12   Link #2690
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I thoroughly enjoyed Aquarion EVOL Episode 11, which I just finished watching about a hour ago.

I love the over-the-top action, drama, and suspense in this show. It's deliciously cheesy!

I think that this show is very well-directed in how almost every shot just oozes with style, charisma, and/or good comedy. In some shows this downright anti-subtlety would overwhelm the narrative, but here it fits in beautifully with Okada's often over-the-top writing style.

I don't always like style-emphasis and "excess" in anime, but this show knows how to do it right, imo.

Surprisingly, I also find myself not missing the Flying Boner running gag. With the action/drama aspect of the show seemingly about to shift into high gear, it's probably good that Amata is coming across a bit more seriously to me now than he was before.

I also have to give Amata kudos for acting so quickly and decisively on the good advice from his Digging Bro.

OTOH, I'm not sure if I like how Zessica's character has been handled lately. It's fine for her to have some self-doubt and not be totally genki girl, but it almost feels like she's giving up without a fight here. I hope that she'll at least make a serious attempt to win Amata over soon.

Anyway, 8/10 for Episode 11 of Aquarion EVOL. Very interesting and fun episode.
Old 2012-03-14, 17:05   Link #2691
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The curse of the genki girl, I believe you're familiar with that, Triple_R
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 17:25   Link #2692
miketyson

kuromitsu: to resurrect an older topic, over at ANN they have the writing credits up to date through episode 11 and Okada's given credit for episodes 6 *and* 11. So the "forgive/apologize" thing could still be a mistake that made it through QC, but the fact the same person wrote both episodes (and isn't credited for the 7,8,9, or 10, either) makes me think it's probably not a mistake. Going with "failed cleverness" for now, I guess.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 18:17   Link #2693
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i simply don't understand what is going on.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:50   Link #2694
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i simply don't understand what is going on.
Want me to enlighten you? I really really really want to!!!!

I am dying to say something!!! So I will give you the short version and then type a few HUGE posts because I've been holding this in since Sunday and I am sure I will go over the character limit because I have to squee over Kagura being Apollo even if episode 5 & 6 actually confirmed it for me..and give you history so you know what the heck I'm talking about...but I will give you the cliff notes version now

In short, Aquarion is a tragic love story about an Angel who fell in love with a human and turned against his chosen mate, a yandere angel (Mikage is the Yandere in Aquarion NOT Kagura--he's merely filled with blood lust) who sorta looks like the lead singer of the Holograms--Gem

every 12,00 years the two star crossed lovers reincarnate and find each other, because of a great love. The only drawback is, it's a love that brings BOTH great hope and great sorrow.

Episode 11 Confirmed a few things
  1. Kagura is Apollon
  2. Amata is not (He's Silvia's other half)
  3. Mikage doesn't give a flying fig about Altair's problem. If he was, he wouldn't be using the women as food for his Garden of Eden...because Eve can't procreate without Adam. Everything he does is for the sole purpose of awakening the "soul" of Aquarion because. ...Well number one, he hates "wingless ones" with passion and two because Angels can't reproduce life. The only one who could was Apollonious because his power is the "Genesis Light (To think that a few people actually thought he had a raging desire for the Machine Angel)
  4. Mikage wants Apollonious, Kagura as he is, like a filthy wingless one. His form is ugly. Only he tore off his wings, for Silvia. Because of this Aquarion became his wings and the light of genesis can only be awakened through Apollon's love for Silvie.
  5. So he fed all the women to his garden because his main goal is to give birth to a species of angels but for that he needs the tree of life to bear fruit. Except the prana from the humans is not enough--he needs Aquarion, the genesis light because Mykage is the "True Eve". Because people forget that Apollon was originally HIS MATE and he wants to become an Mpreg but he can never do so because Apollon loved Sylvie and she's the only one he chooses to mek babies with. So they usually destroy the world and everyone dies till they're reborn again...
  6. This time he was looking for Sylvie but only because he needed her to truly awaken Aquarion. So he fed all the women to his garden and forced the men to look for "Rare Iguras"
  7. Once he found her, he sent Kagura out so he'd find her by her smell and began to awaken.
  8. The Aquarion that Amata awakened wasn't the TRUE Aquarion but if he didn't do that and break those chasity stones then he would never unite with his other half, Sylvie...I mean Mikono. You need BOTH parts of Sylvie for Apollon to awaken and create the holy genesis light
  9. So Mykage has to manipulate a few people and he's not above using a few people. His feathers can't control people they can only release your hidden desires--and the darkness of your heart...
  10. Mikono is Sylvie and Zessica is not
  11. Zessica is Scorpious but she is not Reika. Cayenne is.
  12. Amata is also Sylvie but he is not Sirius. Shrade is (the reason he smells "kind of like "her")
  13. Alicia is the "red herring" and Amata will probably be the defecto and the boy with "Amber hair and Golden eyes" is APOLLO/KAGURA....Alica is probably his descendant, hence the resemblance.
  14. the pilot of Aquarion Mykage mentions is Apollon KAGURA.
  15. In short they're reborn but there is no garauntee that things will go exactly like they did last time. Apollon can be evil or good, depending on the life time...
  16. Oh and Jin is Jun and Yunoha is Tsugumi ..
Is that good enough for now? I will go into detail later...GREAT detail. (It's going to take a few hours but I had to say something RIGHT NOW OR DIE!!! )

P. S there will be no happy endings, because it's a tragedy. That's why everyone usually dies at the end when that great love that is the light of genesis destroys the world and then everything is reborn from the ashes. Rinse and Repeat Every 12,00 years
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:01   Link #2695
mayumi

^ i am going to have to disagree with you on zessica. i think zessica is rena. she was reading the past in the mirror cause her reflection is blind or rather the mirror is the book of genesis.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:02   Link #2696
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post

I am dying to say something!!! So I will give you the short version and then type a few HUGE posts because I've been holding this in since Sunday and I am sure I will go over the character limit because I have to squee over Kagura being Apollo even if episode 5 & 6 actually confirmed it for me..and give you history so you know what the heck I'm talking about...but I will give you the cliff notes version now

In short, Aquarion is a tragic love story about an Angel who fell in love with a human and turned against his chosen mate, a yandere angel (Mikage is the Yandere in Aquarion NOT Kagura--he's merely filled with blood lust) who sorta looks like the lead singer of the Holograms--Gem

every 12,00 years the two star crossed lovers reincarnate and find each other, because of a great love. The only drawback is, it's a love that brings BOTH great hope and great sorrow.

[LIST=1][*]Kagura is Apollon[*]Amata is not (He's Silvia's other half)
They're both Wings of the Sun. How do explain that?

More like Apollon and Sylvie are parallel universe versions of Apollonius/Apollo and Celiane/Silvia.

Quote:
*]Mikage doesn't give a flying fig about Altair's problem. If he was, he wouldn't be using the women as food for his Garden of Eden...because Eve can't procreate without Adam. Everything he does is for the sole purpose of awakening the "soul" of Aquarion because. ...Well number one, he hates "wingless ones" with passion and two because Angels can't reproduce life. The only one who could was Apollonious because his power is the "Genesis Light (To think that a few people actually thought he had a raging desire for the Machine Angel)
[*]Mikage wants Apollonious, Kagura as he is, like a filthy wingless one. His form is ugly. Only he tore off his wings, for Silvia. Because of this Aquarion became his wings and the light of genesis can only be awakened through Apollon's love for Silvie.
Mykage isn't Toma. Or at least Vega's Toma who got redemption. OVA Toma realized how fraked off his plan was destroying the planet and his fellow Shadow Angels. Resigned to his doom.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:22   Link #2697
kuromitsu

>miketyson
Well I'm not the writer so I don't know what she intended, but "yurushite" as a short for "yurushiteageru" just... doesn't work. It doesn't work like that. I'm no native speaker so feel free to correct me, but I don't think a native speaker would even think of this option. Also, on a more practical note: with all in mind, and given the context, there's no way anyone, including Amata, would understand that "yurushite" as "yurushiteageru"...

Oh man, I know I shouldn't be getting into this, but I can't help myself...

Quote:
I have to squee over Kagura being Apollo even if episode 5 & 6 actually confirmed it for me..
It's still not confirmed, mind you. :P *hides from the storm*

Quote:
What, whaaat? So Kagura is "merely filled with blood lust" about the girl he's in love with, how is that not yandere, but at the very least totally psycho...? (Also, Mykage yandere? Creepy, yes, but he hasn't shown any signs of being yandere so far.)

Quote:
[*]Amata is not (He's Silvia's other half)
And this was confirmed where exactly...?

Quote:
[*]Mikage doesn't give a flying fig about Altair's problem. If he was, he wouldn't be using the women as food for his Garden of Eden...because Eve can't procreate without Adam. Everything he does is for the sole purpose of awakening the "soul" of Aquarion because. ...Well number one, he hates "wingless ones" with passion and two because Angels can't reproduce life. The only one who could was Apollonious because his power is the "Genesis Light (To think that a few people actually thought he had a raging desire for the Machine Angel)
Uh, the guy you're talking about is Touma. The Angel in Evol is not Touma, it's Mykage.

Quote:
[*]Mikage wants Apollonious, Kagura as he is, like a filthy wingless one. His form is ugly. Only he tore off his wings, for Silvia. Because of this Aquarion became his wings and the light of genesis can only be awakened through Apollon's love for Silvie.[*]So he fed all the women to his garden because his main goal is to give birth to a species of angels but for that he needs the tree of life to bear fruit. Except the prana from the humans is not enough--he needs Aquarion, the genesis light because Mykage is the "True Eve". Because people forget that Apollon was originally HIS MATE and he wants to become an Mpreg but he can never do so because Apollon loved Sylvie and she's the only one he chooses to mek babies with. So they usually destroy the world and everyone dies till they're reborn again...
WHEN did they say all this?? Have I been watching another version of the show??!

Quote:
[*]Mikono is Sylvie and Zessica is not[*]Zessica is Scorpious but she is not Reika. Cayenne is. [*]Amata is also Sylvie but he is not Sirius. Shrade is (the reason he smells "kind of like "her")
I still don't get where you are getting all this from...

Quote:
[*]Alicia is the "red herring" and Amata will probably be the defecto and the boy with "Amber hair and Golden eyes" is APOLLO/KAGURA....Alica is probably his descendant, hence the resemblance.[*] the pilot of Aquarion Mykage mentions is Apollon KAGURA.
I don't know about you but Kagura's hair seems red to me. Almost firetruck red. Amber/flaxen hair is Amata. Also, Mykage also said that Alisia left her child back on Vega. Episode 1 was the first time Kagura set foot on Vega.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:25   Link #2698
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
^^ From Aquarion...the OS and OVA. It's not just Homage....I will explain. P.S. Amber is not just brown, it comes in many colors you know... and did you say "red"? Because I could swear you said "DONAR CALLED HIM A REDHEAD" when I said his hair is looks brown. Oh no you can't take it back now... How come red hair is strike for Kagura but not Amata? Eh? Same thing like "He said she was his 'destiny'".... how come "because Destiny Said So" is only a piss poor trope when applied to Kagura and Mikono but it's just lurvely when it's AmataxMikono? :rollyeyes:
P. S "redheads" come different shades just like Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
^ i am going to have to disagree with you on zessica. i think zessica is rena. she was reading the past in the mirror cause her reflection is blind or rather the mirror is the book of genesis.
Er Zessica is not blind

Those that cannot not see is Kagura and Mikono because they can't remember their pasts (they couldn't remember them in the OVA either. In fact Silvia did not recognize Apollo and vice versa. Scorpious did...)

Crea is Rena (I will explain)
Okay really quick now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

:

"Those Memories...Do you mean all that time I was just watching them"

She envied Silvia...she watched them, she gazed at them she was a tsundere ...with a yandere core. Silvia is only Tsundere when it came to Apollo and with no one else. Zessica is like the "Reika" of the OVA

Quote:
They're both Wings of the Sun. How do explain that?

They're not. Only one did, when Amata awakened the false Aquarion, Kagura saw HIS OWN wings, because the memory is buried in his subconcious. Aquarion is HIS powers, he saw his own wings. That is why you did not see Apollon when he did it

Shatter the name of falsehood. Amata is a FALSE WING

Sirius died in the OVA, Touma cut off Sylvia's arm, the one with the wing. then end of ova didn't create a parallel universe. It caused a change in another one...

This time the dark unpleasant memories when to Mikono and she's wingless because they were taken from by Touma in the OVA. Instead they went to her other half. Amata and their still a source of shame. She's the NOTHING in the middle of his donut

"This is my body, I would rather my body get hurt than my heart"

He wasn't just spouting cheesy romantic lines. He meant that in a literal sense. Because of the past Mikono is friggin Emo (much like Sylvia in the OVA)
The pain of the past....he wants to protect his heart. SELF PRESERVATION.

Quote:
More like Apollon and Sylvie are parallel universe versions of Apollonius/Apollo and Celiane/Silvia.
Um yeah I got that part, that's why I alternate between all their names depending on my mood

Quote:
Mykage isn't Toma. Or at least Vega's Toma who got redemption. OVA Toma realized how fraked off his plan was destroying the planet and his fellow Shadow Angels. Resigned to his doom.
Toma gets redemption only in the SERIES. Scorpious gets redemption in the OVA

In the ova he's STABBED his crazy self goes "are you embracing me" and they KILL HIM after he goes ballistic because he lost his baby and cuts off Silvia's arm (lotta Freudian hoeyay in OVA) and they kill him then the they realized they killed everyone to do so (killing Touma) and then Silvia, Apollo and REIKA sacrifice themselves

Now if you let me finish I will explain all

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-03-14 at 20:36.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:26   Link #2699
cyberdemon

Quote:

1. Kagura is Apollon
  2. Amata is not (He's Silvia's other half)
  3. Mikage doesn't give a flying fig about Altair's problem. If he was, he wouldn't be using the women as food for his Garden of Eden...because Eve can't procreate without Adam. Everything he does is for the sole purpose of awakening the "soul" of Aquarion because. ...Well number one, he hates "wingless ones" with passion and two because Angels can't reproduce life. The only one who could was Apollonious because his power is the "Genesis Light (To think that a few people actually thought he had a raging desire for the Machine Angel)
  4. Mikage wants Apollonious, Kagura as he is, like a filthy wingless one. His form is ugly. Only he tore off his wings, for Silvia. Because of this Aquarion became his wings and the light of genesis can only be awakened through Apollon's love for Silvie.
  5. So he fed all the women to his garden because his main goal is to give birth to a species of angels but for that he needs the tree of life to bear fruit. Except the prana from the humans is not enough--he needs Aquarion, the genesis light because Mykage is the "True Eve". Because people forget that Apollon was originally HIS MATE and he wants to become an Mpreg but he can never do so because Apollon loved Sylvie and she's the only one he chooses to mek babies with. So they usually destroy the world and everyone dies till they're reborn again...
  6. This time he was looking for Sylvie but only because he needed her to truly awaken Aquarion. So he fed all the women to his garden and forced the men to look for "Rare Iguras"
  7. Once he found her, he sent Kagura out so he'd find her by her smell and began to awaken.
  8. The Aquarion that Amata awakened wasn't the TRUE Aquarion but if he didn't do that and break those chasity stones then he would never unite with his other half, Sylvie...I mean Mikono. You need BOTH parts of Sylvie for Apollon to awaken and create the holy genesis light
  9. So Mykage has to manipulate a few people and he's not above using a few people. His feathers can't control people they can only release your hidden desires--and the darkness of your heart...
  10. Mikono is Sylvie and Zessica is not
  11. Zessica is Scorpious but she is not Reika. Cayenne is.
  12. Amata is also Sylvie but he is not Sirius. Shrade is (the reason he smells "kind of like "her")
  13. Alicia is the "red herring" and Amata will probably be the defecto and the boy with "Amber hair and Golden eyes" is APOLLO/KAGURA....Alica is probably his descendant, hence the resemblance.
  14. the pilot of Aquarion Mykage mentions is Apollon KAGURA.
  15. In short they're reborn but there is no garauntee that things will go exactly like they did last time. Apollon can be evil or good, depending on the life time...
  16. Oh and Jin is Jun and Yunoha is Tsugumi ..
Is that good enough for now? I will go into detail later...GREAT detail. (It's going to take a few hours but I had to say something RIGHT NOW OR DIE!!! )

P. S there will be no happy endings, because it's a tragedy. That's why everyone usually dies at the end when that great love that is the light of genesis destroys the world and then everything is reborn from the ashes. Rinse and Repeat Every 12,00 years
none of that is confirmed in the episode. Even Kagura as Apollon isn't. Mykage was showing the vision which alone lends doubt. Apollon is just the name of Apollo that has been changed over the course of time. UNLESS it's possible this is actually 24000 years after the first series and Apollon is the reincarnation of Apollo from 12000 years ago. like Apollonius -> Apollo -> Apollon -> EVOLs reincarnation.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:42   Link #2700
kuromitsu

Quote:
^^ From Aquarion...the OS and OVA. It's not just Homage....I will explain. P.S. Amber is not just brown, it comes in many colors you know... and did you say "red"? Because I could swear you said "DONAR CALLED HIM A REDHEAD" when I said his hair is looks brown. Oh no you can't take it back now... How come red hair is strike for Kagura but not Amata? Eh? Same thing like "He said she was his 'destiny'".... how come "because Destiny Said So" is only a piss poor trope when applied to Kagura and Mikono but it's just lurvely when it's AmataxMikono? :rollyeyes"
P. S "redheads" come different shades just like Amber
Dude... was this meant for me? Excuse me if I don't pick up the gauntlet... Be defensive of your OTP or whatever, I really don't care.

Just one thing about the hair colors because this is getting so stupid I don't even know how to respond...

1) Donar called Amata a redhead. I don't know what the subs say but look up "赤毛" in a bloody dictionary, that's what Donar said.
2) Mykage mentioned the child had amber-colored hair (except that sounds kind of stupid which is why I went with flaxen, but if it works in English...). He also mentioned the child was Alisia's son and it wasn't only Mykage who made the connection but Izumo as well. From everything else (child was born while Izumo & Co. were away, was left on Vega, etc) it can be concluded that they're talking about Amata. The golden eyes thing is a mystery that we'll get around in time.

A handy picture of Kagura.

A handy picture of Amata.

A handy picture of a firetruck.

A handy picture of some amber pieces.

Now it may be that I have trouble recognizing shades of red or something, but Kagura's hair color looks a lot closer to the firetruck than to the ambers. But it may be just me. Also, ambers are pretty reddish-yellow to me, and not brown, but again, it might be just me and my poor eyesight.

(Christ, we're wanking about hair colors. Oh, the memories.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-14 at 20:58.

Tags
comedy, science fiction