AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-25, 11:40   Link #241
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
This show had excellent music, character design, animation quality, and a strong introduction. The OP was the best I've seen this season. I really like the show up to the last 2-3 episodes where it got really screwed up. At least it wasn't as bad as True Tears where it really made me rage at the end. I do like Fuuka at the very least, I mean she is cute and attractive. It' just her personality that is not all that great compared to Koyuki. Overall I will give this show a B- after considering how awesome the beginning and middle of the show was. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the ending. At least MC chose Fuuka and didn't end up lonely or stayed friends with both girls. I'll still buy this show when it comes out on BD from Funi.

I do agree that Masamune did screw up a whole lot more, and I won't buy this on BD.

Now to watch Suzuka, lol.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 22:18   Link #242
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

scratch that. found the music. this show has the best rock music since angel beats. i'm impressed.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2017-03-25 at 22:54.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 23:26   Link #243
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
scratch that. found the music. this show has the best rock music since angel beats. i'm impressed.
Where did you find the list/album of all the songs?
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 00:53   Link #244
haseo0408

I finally got around to watch the final episode and I must say this series was a huge let down for me:

Spoiler for Final Imprerssions:

I really should have stopped watching at episode 08 and espare me the sutpidity
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 01:03   Link #245
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I finally got around to watch the final episode and I must say this series was a huge let down for me:

Spoiler for Final Imprerssions:

I really should have stopped watching at episode 08 and espare me the sutpidity
I started and stopped at episode 5 just because of Sara. I wanted to hear how the VA would portray her scenes and she didn't disappoint.
Old 2017-03-29, 02:36   Link #246
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
What about Charlotte? The Haro-Haro songs where amazing.
Old 2017-03-29, 08:21   Link #247
Arya

So, my choice to stop watching it at episode 4 or so was the right call after all! Not that I had many doubts, titular characters can't lose and Tama-chan was too good to see her lose.
Certainly I wouldn't have expected the show to fail so badly. There's nothing more annoying that a romance show with a forced romance ending opposed to what should be the natural path (it reminds me of Koichoco). At least Seiren was plain bad, but Fuuka had potential (apart the beach episode). Not the right way to honor Suzuka!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 09:17   Link #248
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
So, my choice to stop watching it at episode 4 or so was the right call after all! Not that I had many doubts, titular characters can't lose and Tama-chan was too good to see her lose.
Certainly I wouldn't have expected the show to fail so badly. There's nothing more annoying that a romance show with a forced romance ending opposed to what should be the natural path (it reminds me of Koichoco). At least Seiren was plain bad, but Fuuka had potential (apart the beach episode). Not the right way to honor Suzuka!
Funny you say that. I dropped Fuuka for two weeks after episode 5, but then came back because people were saying that it's fun lol. At least it had ok music and was tolerable until episode 11.
Old 2017-03-29, 10:44   Link #249
Arya

The problem in this cases, in my book at least, is when a show is good to a certain degree and then drops drastically in quality, or worst bends forcefully toward a direction that the narrative didn't support util then. As I said, at least Seiren was bad from the start, so the choice to watch it or not was easier to take.
Basically it's also a matter of expectations, not just quality.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2017-03-29 at 10:55.
Old 2017-03-29, 11:43   Link #250
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
The problem in this cases, in my book at least, is when a show is good to a certain degree and then drops drastically in quality, or worst bends forcefully toward a direction that the narrative didn't support util then. As I said, at least Seiren was bad from the start, so the choice to watch it or not was easier to take.
Understood. I didn't have any expectations of Fuuka going in because I'd never heard of it until the anime came out. The synopsis that I read just happened to only say that a guy meets someone named Fuuka. Lol
Did you read the Fuuka manga before the show released?
I kind of liked Seiren myself; at least for the first 3-4 episodes. It wasn't good, I definitely agree, but I liked Tsuneki a bit.
Old 2017-03-29, 12:01   Link #251
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
I haven't even finished the last two episodes of Seiren, and I will eventually. That just comes to show you that Seiren was a really bad show for me. For Fuuka, I watch every episode at least twice except for the finale, big difference there. I had zero expectations for Fuuka because I didn't know anything about it until it came out, and it turn out good. As for Seiren, I had very high expectations and not only did the show not meet my expectations, but it was a bad show in general.
Old 2017-03-29, 12:58   Link #252
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I haven't even finished the last two episodes of Seiren, and I will eventually. That just comes to show you that Seiren was a really bad show for me. For Fuuka, I watch every episode at least twice except for the finale, big difference there. I had zero expectations for Fuuka because I didn't know anything about it until it came out, and it turn out good. As for Seiren, I had very high expectations and not only did the show not meet my expectations, but it was a bad show in general.
Why exactly were your expectations for Seiren so high? I believe it's an anime-original work, so I'm curious. Might you be familiar with the author/studio?
Old 2017-03-29, 13:28   Link #253
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Why exactly were your expectations for Seiren so high? I believe it's an anime-original work, so I'm curious. Might you be familiar with the author/studio?
I was expecting it to be the next Amagami SS, which is in my top 25 favorite animes of all time. I watch Amagami SS every Christmas since it came out, that's how much I enjoyed it. I was expecting Seiren to be almost as good as that, but not as good or better. With that said, the bar was set pretty high for my expectations. The show just turned out to be mediocre to bad.
Old 2017-03-29, 16:52   Link #254
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Understood. I didn't have any expectations of Fuuka going in because I'd never heard of it until the anime came out. The synopsis that I read just happened to only say that a guy meets someone named Fuuka. Lol
Did you read the Fuuka manga before the show released?
I kind of liked Seiren myself; at least for the first 3-4 episodes. It wasn't good, I definitely agree, but I liked Tsuneki a bit.
I'm an anime only viewer so I also usually come into a show without any prior knowledge but the synopsis. I build my expectations episode by episode, I kinda follow the three episode rule to make an opinion. For Fuuka I didn't factor it being Suzuka's sequel for some reason, but in any case I'm more relying on the comments here than my personal one, I stopped watching after the beach episode due to multiple reasons. Mainly since I liked a lot Tama-chan. Reading that the show did a good job in building up her path basically confirmed my fears, even if I expected the story would have kept her at arm length, so to speak, in favour of Fuuka. As basically what they did in Masamune no revenge, where the narrative was solid in keeping the other girl as a no entry route.
About Seiren I didn't apply Amagami standard, well I better say I couldn't, mostly because I didn't like the MC from the get go

Old 2017-03-29, 17:34   Link #255
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I was expecting it to be the next Amagami SS, which is in my top 25 favorite animes of all time. I watch Amagami SS every Christmas since it came out, that's how much I enjoyed it. I was expecting Seiren to be almost as good as that, but not as good or better. With that said, the bar was set pretty high for my expectations. The show just turned out to be mediocre to bad.
That's cool; I have heard that Amagami is good, but never seen it yet.

Quote:
I'm an anime only viewer so I also usually come into a show without any prior knowledge but the synopsis. I build my expectations episode by episode, I kinda follow the three episode rule to make an opinion. For Fuuka I didn't factor it being Suzuka's sequel for some reason, but in any case I'm more relying on the comments here than my personal one, I stopped watching after the beach episode due to multiple reasons. Mainly since I liked a lot Tama-chan. Reading that the show did a good job in building up her path basically confirmed my fears, even if I expected the story would have kept her at arm length, so to speak, in favour of Fuuka. As basically what they did in Masamune no revenge, where the narrative was solid in keeping the other girl as a no entry route.
About Seiren I didn't apply Amagami standard, well I better say I couldn't, mostly because I didn't like the MC from the get go
You could basically call me an anime-only viewer as well, since I have not experienced much in the ways of the written mediums. I'm trying to change that though.

Ah, yes, the beach Fuuka episode. I believe that was ep.5, the same ep. I happened to also "take a break" at. It appears that one is universally disliked. Lol! I think that episode was when the characters started to become more annoying; must've pissed off a lot of people.
Old 2017-04-09, 10:08   Link #256
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 12:
Well, all I could say that it was a happy ending for Fuuka Akitsuki and Yuu Haruna. The Fallen Moon has returned and it seems that the two of them are starting their relationship.

In any case, I guess this ending won't have another season now that Diomedia changed it!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 21:25   Link #257
nicky.
animesuki

Absolutely, Ben. Fuuka was a failed experiment. lol

Tags
"suzuka sequel"