AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 15:59   Link #1
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Aya Hirano. Can someone fill me in?

So why exactly does everyone hate her now? Because she's deviating from the typical VA mould? I personally like her as a VA...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:24   Link #2
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
She kind of went loony. She said she wasn't going to be a VA anymore, and that she was going to be on tv. She was on some variety shows talking about how she likes having sex with older guys, and was currently seeing a couple of different guys. Then she had an incident where she said some taxi driver was stalking her or something. Recently she says that she will not have any new music because she is not allowed to make any new stuff this year. Oh and she blamed all this on her talent agency.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:41   Link #3
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
She's pulling a Britney Spears.

Famous people seem to think they can get away with these things.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:54   Link #4
Leo Keichi

Hirano Aya is trying really hard to remain in the spotlight. But pulling a Britney Spears is harder in Japan than in other countries.

The hate began when she said something to the effect that she wanted to dedicate herself to her singer career and didn't want anything to do with the otaku anymore.

As for all these lovers, people shouldn't be so surprised. This kind of thing is normal in the aidoru circles.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:50   Link #5
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

This is interesting, I never would have thought a seiyuu/singer would try to be the Japanese equivalent to Britney Spears.

Somehow I think Aya's role as Haruhi Suzumiya and the songs she has done for that series(Bouken Desho Desho, God Knows, Lost My Music, Hare Hare Yukai, Super Driver) and a few other series has given her worldwide fame in certain circles. I'm fairly sure the American hardcore anime fans know who she is(I should do a survey or something when I go to Anime Boston).

For purely selfish reasons, I hope that Aya-chan continues her seiyuu work as I really want more of the Haruhi anime soon. I am hoping 2012 brings more Haruhi in animated form.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2011-02-08 at 19:52. Reason: clarity
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 20:09   Link #6
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
For purely selfish reasons, I hope that Aya-chan continues her seiyuu work as I really want more of the Haruhi anime soon.
Maybe the success of the movie will encourage her (or her management) to reconsider? Or is that already irrelevant history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
As for all these lovers, people shouldn't be so surprised. This kind of thing is normal in the aidoru circles.
Fixed.

Spoiler for anyone raging at the above:
Old 2011-02-08, 20:34   Link #7
Taufiq91

the best thing to do in this situation is:

Don't Give a Fuck What She Says.

Everything Aya Hirano says will be reported and exaggerated by otakus and Shitkaku Complex nowadays.

Everytime i go to a Japanese entertainment or anime website, there will be a news about Aya Hirano talking rubbish. And these shitty websites (including Sankaku) is forcing us to care about what Aya Hirano says.

And you know what? I don't want to care! Nor do anyone!

All these controversies surrounding Aya Hirano kept on going because the news websites kept on reporting about it. You know what? STOP REPORTINg ABOUT AYA HIRANO!

There are probably more famous seiyuus talking bigger crap right now, and they don't get the coverage that Aya Hirano has. So STOP IT!
Old 2011-02-08, 21:50   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't know who is more absurd, her or the otaku who nerd-rage about her. Wait, I do know -> the otaku. She's just trying to expand her options and career breadth... but doing a haphazard and clumsy job of it.
Old 2011-02-08, 23:46   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
The only thing I care about is Lucy Heartfilia, so she better finish the damn series.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 00:15   Link #10
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't know who is more absurd, her or the otaku who nerd-rage about her. Wait, I do know -> the otaku. She's just trying to expand her options and career breadth... but doing a haphazard and clumsy job of it.
Absolutely. I'm no fan of hers, but some of the vitriol she cops from her so-called fans would send anyone through a loop. What I find more bizarre are the claims (can't remember where they came from) that she's forced by her agency to read every bit of feedback and criticism that's sent to her. This, don't forget, is a not-so-bright, emotionally flaky 23 year old, who's paid to sing and be a voice, not to think. And then people turn around and act not just shocked and surprised, but, even worse, bitter and enraged, by her un-idolesque behaviour.

It's otaku that are the problem, and her agency as well if these rumours are true, not Hirano. Can we move on from a time where we put famous people in a glass bowl and have higher expectations for their conduct than we do for ourselves?
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 00:17   Link #11
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I personally like her work as a seiyuu and singer and have nothing against her.
Old 2011-02-09, 00:22   Link #12
akei1
nani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
She said she wasn't going to be a VA anymore, and that she was going to be on tv.
I think this was the turning point and was what made her fans feel betrayed. I guess love can easily turn into hate. I also think a lot of otakus feel strongly against 3d so 2d > 3d and anime > tv appearances? lol
akei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 00:59   Link #13
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Neckbeards with no life.

Don't underestimate their stupidity.
Old 2011-02-09, 04:07   Link #14
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

My memory isn't reliable when it comes to this matter...but didn't the die-hard otaku fans started hating on her when pictures of her with an "engagement ring" resurfaced or something? =/
Old 2011-02-09, 04:11   Link #15
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
My memory isn't reliable when it comes to this matter...but didn't the die-hard otaku fans started hating on her when pictures of her with an "engagement ring" resurfaced or something? =/
Yeah, i heard of that. Reminds me of how die-hard Justin Bieber fans threatened Kim kardashian after saying that she had a crush on Bieber.
Old 2011-02-09, 04:33   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

She could simply be out of her goddamn mind, like her so called "fans". Every other attempts to rationalize this may be pointless.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:43   Link #17
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Random question:did the brain tumor thing turn out to be true or was that Sankaku being Sankaku?
Old 2011-02-09, 06:00   Link #18
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh Sankaku lol, it's a comedy site.

As for Aya Hirano, yea I could see fame and ego getting to people's heads. On the other hand, the hardcore fanbase are assholes and blow everything out of proportion. Like anything that suggests that their idols are anything but pure sexless virgins causes rage. Remember that crap over Kannagi being a virgin or not or some shit? Now, if they do that for a 2-d character, what kind of nonsense will they launch at an actual person? I mean geez guys, just because you'll never have sex doesn't mean you have to act all butthurt when someone does.

And of course, we must consider the nature of what is considered news worthy. If it sounds retarded or sleazy, let's report it!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 06:11   Link #19
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
ye i think thats where all this hate towards her started, i remember that, the otaku's are just jealous and want Hirano to be their eternal fantasy figure forever they cannot accept her being married and taken away already
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 07:54   Link #20
raduccio

Don't hate the otaku! They're probably the reason we have anime today that's not just for kids. Who else would fork up 50 bucks for two episodes and buy tons of related overpriced merchandise.

So they expect their idols to maintain a certain image.. Is that so wrong? Aya Hirano destroyed her personal reputation for no good reason. Actually I think she did it just to hog the spotlight via tabloids.

Don't get me wrong, I think she did a killer job with Haruhi, Konata and Misa and I hope she doesn't leave the industry for good because I'm looking forward to seeing more Haruhi seasons in the future.
raduccio is offline   Reply With Quote