Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-12, 09:01   Link #34501
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post
Talking about ISIS, some extremeist in my country, Indonesia has creating a group which has connection with ISIS (and with same name).
In fact, the Indonesian government has now banned recruiting activities by ISIS and the distribution of any materials about the organization. The Indonesian counterterrorism unit estimates that about fifty Indonesians have left to join the fighting in Syria and Iraq.
Old 2014-08-12, 09:17   Link #34502
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

yeah, i know about the government ban ISIS activities, and that happens only at the city.

But the reality ISIS still spreading their ideology to the villager (far from the gov office) who doesn't know anything, make them join ISIS.

i afraid ISIS would become a bigger threat than GAM(Gerakan Aceh Merdeka)
Old 2014-08-12, 09:30   Link #34503
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

'Heroic' mission rescues desperate Yazidis from ISIS

So where is the USA.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-08-12, 09:47   Link #34504
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

i'm glad they're saved. hope they could meet their separated family
Old 2014-08-12, 14:42   Link #34505
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Humans are violent, religion just gives them an excuse to kill. Just look at the extremist buddhist in Sri Lanka and Myanmar. I'm a beliver that religion follows cultural norms, not the other way round.
I can agree with that claim to a certain extent. On the other hand, certain religions do possess a set of known source on which they base their doctrines. In such cases, religion may not always follow cultural norms (at least, not fully), and in fact, may even influence cultural norms. The two have certainly intertwined in the past, and may still do so now.

Incidentally, aside from the teachings in the Quran for the Muslims, I'm not aware of many authoritative sources of doctrines for existing religions that actually promote violent acts by their adherents outside of reasonable forms of self-defense. That said, I'm not a student of religion, so maybe those Buddhists in Sri Lanka and Myanmar do have a reason for violence that is in accord with Buddhism and I'm just ignorant of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Look on the bright side. The practice of righteousness in religion allows us to control the world population when they kill each other to prove themselves right.
I'm pretty sure that people kill each other (for whatever reason) not to prove themselves right, but because they've already determined that the other people's lives need to be terminated.
Old 2014-08-13, 16:37   Link #34506
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

US troops land on Iraq's Mt Sinjar to plan for Yazidi evacuation

Looks like the US is finally taking a bolder plan of action to rescue these people.
Old 2014-08-13, 17:30   Link #34507
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

*watch the world criticize the US for invading Iraq again.
Old 2014-08-13, 18:00   Link #34508
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I dunno, rescuing a bunch of people is a bit more legitimate then their last reason.
Old 2014-08-13, 18:12   Link #34509
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I dunno, rescuing a bunch of people is a bit more legitimate then their last reason.
And then people will point out that all this is happening because the US invaded in the first place (regardless of whether that's true or not). There's really no way to win an argument when defending the US because plenty of people default to painting them as the bad guys regardless.
Old 2014-08-13, 18:47   Link #34510
Eragon
Still Alive

Anyone posted the St. Louis shooting news ? Ferguson is looking like Iraq with all the police personnel deployed there (I'm exaggerating, a bit)

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/09/man-sh...tment-complex/

Old 2014-08-13, 20:18   Link #34511
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

This kind of scenario would be inconceivable in the south. Remember the Bundy Ranch fiasco? All those rednecks were more than happy to bring their guns to the party and point them at the authorities too. It is all about race. ere

These are the most anti american people you can find.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2014-08-13 at 20:34.
Old 2014-08-13, 21:07   Link #34512
Eragon
Still Alive

'Murica going cray-cray. Police killing unarmed, innocent black people is kinda getting out of hand, from what I understand.
Old 2014-08-13, 21:14   Link #34513
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ And now that overwhelmingly white police is pointing guns at the black protesters because they feel comfortable doing so. Back at the Bundy Ranch debacle the police was very submissive and didn't make any arrests, even though it should have, because they have more respect for rednecks than black people.
Old 2014-08-13, 21:50   Link #34514
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
This kind of scenario would be inconceivable in the south.
Missouri is considered both a southern and midwestern state.

Quote:
^ And now that overwhelmingly white police is pointing guns at the black protesters because they feel comfortable doing so.
Injecting race into a situation that has nothing to do with it like you're doing here is exactly part of the problem. These were not just peaceful protests, there were looting and destruction of public and private properties. In a riot situation, the police would be pointing weapons at the rioters, regardless of their race.

Quote:
Back at the Bundy Ranch debacle the police was very submissive and didn't make any arrests, even though it should have, because they have more respect for rednecks than black people.
Arrest them for what? hanging out at a private property with the owner's consent? Moreover, the goal of law enforcement is to always contain and de-escalate the situation, not provoking and escalate the confrontation.

Despite the publicity and the rhetorics of the nuts there, the Bundy Ranch incident was essentially a financial dispute, at most a case of civil disobedience, but neither lives nor property were in danger. What's going on in Ferguson have already escalated to criminal conducts with actual crimes committed.

Trying to paint everything with a racist brush is just as bad as being racist yourself, don't do it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/13/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t1
Old 2014-08-13, 23:16   Link #34515
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ No matter how you approach it, IT IS racism, plain and simple. The reason why this is so is due to the lack of respect that the police force have towards this community. I drew a parallel with the Bundy Ranch case as well because the police shows more leniency towards the "All American" crowd.

In any case it is an statistical fact, that the law enforcement in the USA is applied unequally to different segments of the population.
Old 2014-08-14, 01:52   Link #34516
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Al Jazeera journalists teargassed by security forces — in Ferguson, Missouri, USA

Quote:
Here is a sentence that will be immediately familiar to anyone who has ever followed even a little news out of the Middle East:

"Journalists from the Qatari news outlet Al Jazeera were attacked by state security forces today and blanketed in tear gas, as they attempted to film an ongoing protest; this is the latest in a string of attacks on journalists by security forces."

Now see if you can guess the country. It's not Egypt. Not Tunisia.

Nope: this happened, exactly as described, in the United States of America on Wednesday night, in the Missouri town of Ferguson. Here is the video of Al Jazeera America journalists in Ferguson being clearly targeted with tear gas by Ferguson police (apologies for the poor quality):

I think this summarizes my view on this topic really well. That is the worst condemnation I've seen on this topic...it brings fear to my heart.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-08-14, 02:11   Link #34517
AnimeFan188

Edward Snowden: The Untold Story:

"I’ve never run across anyone quite like Snowden. He is a uniquely postmodern
breed of whistle-blower. Physically, very few people have seen him since he
disappeared into Moscow’s airport complex last June. But he has nevertheless
maintained a presence on the world stage—not only as a man without a country but
as a man without a body. When being interviewed at the South by Southwest
conference or receiving humanitarian awards, his disembodied image smiles down
from jumbotron screens. For an interview at the TED conference in March, he went a
step further—a small screen bearing a live image of his face was placed on two
leg-like poles attached vertically to remotely controlled wheels, giving him the ability
to “walk” around the event, talk to people, and even pose for selfies with them. The
spectacle suggests a sort of Big Brother in reverse: Orwell’s Winston Smith, the
low-ranking party functionary, suddenly dominating telescreens throughout Oceania
with messages promoting encryption and denouncing encroachments on privacy."

See:

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/edward-snowden/

==================================================

New leaker disclosing U.S. secrets, government concludes:

"The federal government has concluded there's a new leaker exposing national security
documents in the aftermath of surveillance disclosures by former NSA contractor Edward
Snowden, U.S. officials tell CNN.

Proof of the newest leak comes from national security documents that formed the basis
of a news story published Tuesday by the Intercept, the news site launched by Glenn
Greenwald, who also published Snowden's leaks."

See:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/politics/u-s-new-leaker/
Old 2014-08-14, 04:45   Link #34518
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Torrenting The US: Which State Is Torrenting The Most, and What Are They Torrenting?

Quote:
Despite the efforts of various copyright holders, the government, cable companies, and DRM technology, the pirating of movies, TV, and PC games is bigger than ever.
Every day, millions of individuals around the United States download, seed, and share copyrighted material. In fact, for just the top 100 most popular torrents, there are well over 1 million individuals seeding or directly assisting in the distribution of popular, copyrighted material every day.
http://www.movoto.com/blog/novelty-r...ting-us-state/

Old 2014-08-14, 06:40   Link #34519
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Fighting an unwinnable war, may as well update and get with the times. But that won't happen, because they'd have to lessen their stranglehold.
Old 2014-08-14, 08:22   Link #34520
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Arrest them for what? hanging out at a private property with the owner's consent? Moreover, the goal of law enforcement is to always contain and de-escalate the situation, not provoking and escalate the confrontation.

Despite the publicity and the rhetorics of the nuts there, the Bundy Ranch incident was essentially a financial dispute, at most a case of civil disobedience, but neither lives nor property were in danger. What's going on in Ferguson have already escalated to criminal conducts with actual crimes committed.
...what planet are you from where threatening to murder federal agents acting on lawful court orders is civil disobedience? Again. The federal agents were going after Bundy's cattle were acting under the prerogative of a lawful court ruling. Interfering with that is CRIMINAL. Interfering with that by threatening to murder said federal agents is DOUBLE CRIMINAL.

I guess only uppity Negroes are capable of criminal acts.

Quote:
^ No matter how you approach it, IT IS racism, plain and simple. The reason why this is so is due to the lack of respect that the police force have towards this community. I drew a parallel with the Bundy Ranch case as well because the police shows more leniency towards the "All American" crowd.

In any case it is an statistical fact, that the law enforcement in the USA is applied unequally to different segments of the population.
Agreed. The kinda macho power dislpays being made by the cops in Fergensun make absolutely no sense if they were dealing with a serious threat. What with the cops marching around in full tactical gear while totally exposed out in the open, and with snipers sitting totally exposed up on trucks for everyone to see. Against an actual heavily armed group (like the Bundy crowd) that'd have gotten them all killed in seconds. The only reason they're doing this is because they know they can get away with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international