AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Old 2007-04-12, 10:07   Link #221
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Maybe the One Piece-ness of this is what's making it not-that-hyped, compared to some really anticipated series.
To me, I thought this was another one of those Kiba-like shounen kids shows I've seen thousands of time, with a stupid story synopsis to boot - until I saw the actual crazy goodness that reminded me of all the previous Gainax masterpieces.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:29   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wonder if 7Th has been able to find high-res scans of the May Newtype images --- that Yoko image is so going to be my avatar. :3
Old 2007-04-12, 10:38   Link #223
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

As if there was ever a worksafe picture of Yoko.
Spoiler for a little ecchi-er than usual:

Last edited by Maids! Maids! Maids!; 2007-04-12 at 11:22. Reason: Removed repost.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 11:08   Link #224
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seriously Maidsx3 --- you spoil me so much with all these Yoko images. ^__^

& the front page Gainax image has been posted before, though nothing wrong with seeing it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
As if there was ever a worksafe picture of Yoko.
I have so many stories in my head for them two, its shocking.
Old 2007-04-12, 11:21   Link #225
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

So, while we're waiting for episode three, I started making a Gurren wallpaper, which should be done for the end of the week. On a side note, I still can't find that groundwork sketches artbook that 7th mentioned and showed some pages of. Tough luck.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 11:23   Link #226
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seriously Maidsx3 --- you spoil me so much with all these Yoko images. ^__^

& the front page Gainax image has been posted before, though nothing wrong with seeing it again.
Thanks for pointing that out. I hate reposts.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 12:34   Link #227
Dandruff
Flakey

I'm really enjoying the high energy of the show, bring on episode 3! Lawl. I'm quite curious about the other three girls, Kiyoh, Kinon, Kiyal, they all seem to have matching outifts, I wonder if they're a faction of some sort, that'd be interesting if they turned out to be some sort of antagonists, lawl. I personally find Kinon to be the cutest appearance-wise, I just love cute meganekkos :3
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 14:36   Link #228
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
That one is really cool and stylish, very energetic. Who did it?
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 07:41   Link #229
7Th
Mixtape

Heh, 2ch and Manuloz did it. Higher quality scans from last day scans.

A bigger higher quality quality scan from the old You Yoshinari Mechabi magazine:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-13, 07:56   Link #230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

7Th, you're so my hero.

The official GAINAX site has changed there front image (which used to be Gurren Lagann). Pop on over for a quick Eva' laugh.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-04-13 at 08:18.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:17   Link #231
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sorry for double post --- The Lagann blog has been updated with a few sexy Yoko sketches. Not something you should miss out on.

Old 2007-04-13, 20:28   Link #232
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sorry for double post --- The Lagann blog has been updated with a few sexy Yoko sketches. Not something you should miss out on.

HEY! THAT'S DIX NEUF!
Old 2007-04-14, 11:44   Link #233
Yashiro

Second episode's out subbed, and nobody mentioned it yet?

Anyway, great second episode. Kept up the humor, action and Yoko-awesomeness of the first episode. I love every character except Simon so far. He's tolerable, but by far the worst of the bunch.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

I love this series. It's probably my favorite of the season so far, and I wait impatiently for each new episode. If it keeps up this quality, it will secure a spot on my favorites list.
Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 12:35   Link #234
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashiro View Post

Anyway, great second episode. Kept up the humor, action and Yoko-awesomeness of the first episode. I love every character except Simon so far. He's tolerable, but by far the worst of the bunch.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

I love this series. It's probably my favorite of the season so far, and I wait impatiently for each new episode. If it keeps up this quality, it will secure a spot on my favorites list.
I didn't wanted to DP again. :P

Still, it's amazing how much more entertaining Gurren-Lagann gets when you understand the dialogs... and that's saying a lot as even raw it is the series to provide the most fun in a very long time.
Old 2007-04-14, 14:56   Link #235
bicyclerace

I actually kinda wished this to be even more frantic and spastic like Dead Leaves.
Watched ep 1 and 2 and IŽm enjoying it still, hoping thereŽs not too much focus on the mecha part, or rather, IŽd like a new perspective at it.

A lot of the same things that weŽve seen in FLCL IŽd say.
bicyclerace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 16:47   Link #236
Junpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashiro View Post
Nyoro~n's subtitles are unreadable for me in VLC. -_- The text is huge and overlaps itself. I had to watch the ADTRW release of episode 1 because of this.
Junpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 18:39   Link #237
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junpei View Post
Nyoro~n's subtitles are unreadable for me in VLC. -_- The text is huge and overlaps itself. I had to watch the ADTRW release of episode 1 because of this.
A guy has made them more watchable... look in the usual place.

Also: the amount of plot they reveal through the seemingly unimportant dialogs is simple amazing... this is really presented in the same style DieBuster and FLCL were. There quite the big premise behind the adrenaline... and I mean it.
Old 2007-04-14, 19:10   Link #238
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So after episode 2 I've come to some conclusions

Number 1:

Of the trio Kamina is just the dumbest hot-blooded idiot I've ever seen in an anime and his policy of "HAHA, Screw Thinking, Be MANLY And Figure It All Out Later" seems to backfire just as often as it suceeds. Also Simon probably shouldn't be listening to much to a guy who throws his mecha as a baseball in complete reckless abandon and doesn't seem to have a clue. Yoko seems to be the most useful one and is apparently quite intelligent as well as a good shot with her huge gun. I love these guys, especially Kamina. Oh and the frigging mole with the sunglasses is the most hot-blooded mascot character I've ever seen.

Number 2:

Spoiler:

Regarding the Yoko pictures. That's almost too much to handle at any one time. She has an innocent looking face and friendly personality (Specifically with Simon who she's already acting like a protective older sister to), but dresses very provactively. The "Loli Face and Huge Bust" so to speak.

Oh and I take a bit of issue with the amount of interpretation of the dialogue as cursing done by Nyoron. I don't think there is an equivalent for the F-Word in Japanese and I'm not sure its entirely necessary to include that much cursing in an episode of what is clearly not an M-Rated series. Just thought I'd mention that little nitpick. If the Nyoron folks are reading, maybe try to keep it a wee bit cleaner on the next episode if possible.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-14 at 19:24.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 19:18   Link #239
Lolfang
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junpei View Post
A lot of people using outdated players have this problem with our releases, download the Combined Community Codec Pack, and you should be good to go. Best played in Zoom Player or Media Player Classic.
Lolfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 19:59   Link #240
Junpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolfang View Post
A lot of people using outdated players have this problem with our releases
VLC is hardly an outdated player. It's pretty inconvenient to have to boot into Windows (I've got an Intel Mac) and install a codec pack just for one release (but I'm not here to argue).
Junpei is offline   Reply With Quote