AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-13, 16:33   Link #241
Tenzen12

Cuteness without decent character going with it is useless. It's sad so few people are aware of it.
Old 2016-01-13, 16:40   Link #242
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
You're quite right this time with the way you feel about the caracteres.

Spoiler for LN comparison:
well if that's the case, reina joins krulcifer from saijaku as the only flat best girls i'll root for. though tbh i'm not sure if i'll stick around past ep 3 for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Cuteness without decent character going with it is useless. It's sad so few people are aware of it.
well said my friend. i think i've been around the bend too many times to realize that looks may get you in the door but personality is what keeps you coming back.

well for me anyways
Old 2016-01-13, 16:45   Link #243
Hakuro
Banned

Quote:
That's because you know nothing john snow. We're watching a different version of the story right now but the fact that Reina is the one with the biggest amount of development is still there.

Sadly I dont think kyoani is going to use more than just volumen 1 but as some of the related news says we're going to have a series of episodes dedicated to each girl.

Can't say more here so if you want to know more ask vía pm por leave a message in my profile.
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 17:00   Link #244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Or could just be the case of different people seeing different things. I'm thinking some people are just looking at the surface and not actually paying attention to what else is going on with the characters.
Old 2016-01-13, 17:01   Link #245
Tenzen12

I hope so, I really do

That said as she is now, she has long way to get even on Mai starting level.
Old 2016-01-13, 17:21   Link #246
Wandering Soul

Reina was cute this episode and we found out a little more about her family. I wonder if they won't let her eat at a buffet due to them not considering it proper or it has something to do with her ability.

I saw that twist with Marchosias coming but it was still funny. At least he is cuter and easier to keep around.

Koito's ability wasn't as impressive as I expected it to be. We need some more Mai action and development scenes.
Old 2016-01-13, 17:23   Link #247
jdennis007

It's Kyoani and not yaoi bait so I will stick around for it.
Old 2016-01-13, 17:27   Link #248
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Bruh, there was so much Ruru shit going on. Her full name is fantastic. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 17:47   Link #249
nojay
Scanlator

I blinked a little seeing the monorail at the beginning of this week's show as a friend of mine is obsessed with monorails. The station name, "南金倉駅" turned out to be one of those "NcDonald" anime moments as it translates to "South Kanakura station" but the monorail cars are identical to the ones on the Shonan monorail which runs through Kamakura, including a station at West Kamakura ("西鎌倉駅").
Old 2016-01-13, 18:09   Link #250
Shlugo

Second episode and it's still as crazy as the first. UFO, Robots, Demon Puppies!

Rururaruri Rurararirararururirirari Rirararururararururararirari. Say that fast five times.

We get two fights, the first one really cool, and the second.... somewhat less dignified one.

The first fight showed us some good teamwork in the group and even the usefulness of "useless trivia"

Mai evidently went to Chun Li school of rapid kicks.

It seems Haruhiko can indeed summon Phantoms as well as seal them... but the effect was more adorable than anything.

The fanservice is still going strong with a shower scene and stretching one. Mai sure can bend.

And then Haruhiko got thrown out of the window... four time in a row.

Minase is pretty boring to be honest, definitely the weakest link. Her power is kinda cool though even if it got countered easily.

Oh, and some sort of gizmo, I wonder where that will lead.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 18:29   Link #251
Tenzen12

She can't be weakest link, if she is not part of chain yet. How strong or weak character she is will be decided once she will be properly introduced
Old 2016-01-13, 18:46   Link #252
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Personally, I find it refreshing that the "prodigy" Koito either comes up late or doesn't always get the upper hand in every Phantom encounter.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Reina is a victim of anti-Phantom-sensitive discrimination. For someone like Reina who came from a rich family, she seems too sheltered.

As for Alayashiki, what exactly is the secret that the security robots are trying to hide?

Oh, and does the drone hate this episode allude to the current sentiment by the Japanese government to control drone usage?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 18:49   Link #253
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, I guess. I have trouble summoning up much enthusiasm for this show, so far. Only the girl who refuses to participate intrigues me much. As for the secrets, I guess they are on that little mouse-like object he is recharging?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 18:49   Link #254
Shlugo

Oh yeah, the "prodigy" Koito not being all she's cracked up to be was nice touch. Makes her turning her nose on the team pretty funny.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 19:40   Link #255
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Personally, I find it refreshing that the "prodigy" Koito either comes up late or doesn't always get the upper hand in every Phantom encounter.
Seeing a character who is referred to as a prodigy caught off guard like that was a nice twist.
Old 2016-01-13, 19:55   Link #256
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Seeing a character who is referred to as a prodigy caught off guard like that was a nice twist.
Honestly i disagree because of the fact its a cheap move. The fact is the phantom was a horrible matchup for her because its a security bot that uses sound.

As for the show if the 3 episode rule is to be used this one better have a brilliant third because so far this is poor.
The demon thing was predictable but you kinda hoped there'd be some redeeming but so far there just isnt.

Its starting to remind me of my issue with Charlotte from last season. You have an intriguing idea if done right and this one simply isnt

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 20:08   Link #257
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Honestly i disagree because of the fact its a cheap move. The fact is the phantom was a horrible matchup for her because its a security bot that uses sound.
To be fair, even the best boxer can get outboxed.

Quote:
Its starting to remind me of my issue with Charlotte from last season. You have an intriguing idea if done right and this one simply isnt
Charlotte isn't based of anything, though. That was simply fueled by Maeda Jun's twisted mind.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 20:34   Link #258
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It's Sento Isuzu fever all over again!
Old 2016-01-13, 20:43   Link #259
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
To be fair, even the best boxer can get outboxed.
Wrong, he meant that it was like bringing a gun to a box fight when refering to Koito, it was just a bad match.

Quote:
Charlotte isn't based of anything, though. That was simply fueled by Maeda Jun's twisted mind.
At least it was a fun trainwreck. (except for Kuma, he did nothing wrong, fuck you Maeda).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
It's Sento Isuzu fever all over again!
Mmmm... Compared to Sento's and Hestia's, Mai isn't on their level so far.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 21:06   Link #260
Dahak86
Classics never age

NSFW
Anitore EX much?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
It's Kyoani and not yaoi bait so I will stick around for it.
Well said.

Tags
harem, special powers