Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-09, 08:22   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But If those two are the only options, I'd pick Sorairo Utility. At least they aren't trying to be the Captain Tsubasa of golf.
You mean a sport anime so awesome & filled with great characters (despite the unreal techniques) to the point that it inspired people to become actual professional players/athletes?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube

Indeed, Tsubasa should be the gold standard of how awesome a sport anime should be (not necessarily realistic).
Old 2022-04-10, 12:17   Link #42
alex_drian

Well fuch, it turns out that I can't bring myself to give a damn about golf. Even in anime, even if played by well endowed girls, even with sports anime over the top moves, I-just-can't. Is the same with baseball where I can't give a damn so I'm not able to watch baseball anime. Maybe if it was even more over the top to the point of ridicuousness, as Adam Sandler golf movie but on this level of the standard sports anime doesn't it for me. Probably not gonna stick with this one.

I still haven't checked the Golf CGDCT. Maybe that one has better luck.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 01:00   Link #43
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
This lost me the moment they expect people to believe a mask and a wig is all you need to impersonate someone. The internet would have exposed this once a sudden reversal of form occurred long-term. Were they even that similar in physique?
My theory is yes. She did wear a latex mask (likely did some skin coloring) to make herself look similar to Chris, the female golfer who got a leg injury.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 11:34   Link #44
HandofFate

not that into the main two rivals, pinning hopes on the supporting cast rivals. More interested in the ojou golfer from episode 1 than the prodigy
Old 2022-04-13, 12:39   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Awesome! I was in doubt before, but episode 2 cemented it: this is the golf version of Captain Tsubasa if Tsubasa Ozora & Kojiro Hyuga swap places between MC & Rival!

We have Aoi the pure-hearted genius like Tsubasa & we have Eve the rough & aggressive ace like Kojiro. Heck, this whole episode reminded me of David Production's reboot of Tsubasa back in 2018. This is so gonna be a treat for me.

Quote:
I'd welcome that. Not holding my breath though.
See? Eve already got defeated in episode 2 by Aoi .
Old 2022-04-13, 16:20   Link #46
ryllharu

Shut your brain off, let your suspension of disbelief ride a little.

This is a really fun sports anime. The city has a golf hustler business run by the criminal owner of a pro shop?! Come on, that's hilarious, and also rather interesting.

The rivalry, which actually seemed to be a friendly one, is healthy for both girls. Eve might learn to love golf for what it is again like Aoi does, and Aoi gains a competitor who can actually surprise her with her unique play and approaches to keep her from getting bored.

Anime should be entertainment first and subject accuracy second. This is and I love it for how dumb it is.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 17:55   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta love Aoi's innocent brutality. That second shot for Eve especially nailed it. She was ready to just wipe the smile off Aoi's face and instead got hit with a look of pity. Also kind of fun how she was ready to crush Aoi, but instead was so thrown off by Aoi that her second shot flubbed. Not often that she gets to experience that considering she routinely does that to others.

And yeah that match was a good enough motivation to get Eve into that tournament. Obviously not so easy to keep things going from there. But both sides should have a great time.
Old 2022-04-13, 18:41   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Was that Chiaki Omigawa as the scammer girl? I haven't heard her in years. Is she starting again from rock bottom this time?

The episode was pretty fun. Aoi is pretty much golf Saki. All about tanoshii, mind-breaking people in the process. Rather curious why she uses her mother's name rather than her father's. They're both renowned and she clearly had a good relationship with her father.

I'm hoping it won't be, but I'm guessing the whole orphans subplot will be shelved under the table. I doubt Eve will make any real cash playing Junior golf championships.
Old 2022-04-13, 19:28   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm hoping it won't be, but I'm guessing the whole orphans subplot will be shelved under the table. I doubt Eve will make any real cash playing Junior golf championships.
You talk as if she can no longer do bets on the side. Especially among high class elites that she's now surrounded by. If she can still get some money, the orphans won't face any problems AFAIK.
Old 2022-04-13, 23:45   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Was that Chiaki Omigawa as the scammer girl? I haven't heard her in years. Is she starting again from rock bottom this time?
She was also in Seirei Gensouki last year .
Old 2022-04-14, 11:30   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Waitaminute...........

This show is set in Nafrece? The same fictional European country in Madlax? So, this show is set in Madlax cinematic universe?? Holy shit!

YouTube
Old 2022-04-14, 16:46   Link #52
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Waitaminute...........

This show is set in Nafrece? The same fictional European country in Madlax? So, this show is set in Madlax cinematic universe?? Holy shit!
Kuroda Yousuke does the series composition for both so I guess so!? That's amazing!
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 13:27   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Amane said Eve hit about 240 yards with her blue-bullet shot. Amane said that was pro-level and that's true but the longest distances female pros have hit in LPGA tours are around 270-280 yards on average. And if we're talking "long drive" competitions, some females hit over 300 yards and the world record is over 400 yards.

Don't get me wrong, if Eve is 15 years old like Aoi, a 240 yards shot is impressive. But it doesn't justify the cheesy visual effects they give her shots, to be honest.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-04-16 at 13:52.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 13:59   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Considering all the shots that Eve has been able to do in the show (breaking tree branches among others) that is such a minor technical complaint TBH. Especially given how you needed to correct your comment above multiple times from the original one just to justify said complaint.
Old 2022-04-16, 14:06   Link #55
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Especially given how you needed to correct your comment above multiple times from the original one just to justify said complaint.
Lol, being sure I didn't mistake the numbers have nothing to do with justification. Also, why so defensive anyway? Can't stand a little criticism?
Old 2022-04-16, 14:13   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Lol, being sure I didn't mistake the numbers have nothing to do with justification. Also, why so defensive anyway? Can't stand a little criticism?
Uh what? Me? Being defensive about a show where a golf ball can obliterate tree branches + all the other craziness that happened? Hah

I'm just amused that your complaint is not about the bigger outrageous stuffs. It's like complaining that Captain Tsubasa's dribbling method doesn't look right in a show where people can do acrobatic moves including a duo shot, Eagle shot & fire shot .

So yeah, I'm more baffled & curious of your comment than being defensive.
Old 2022-04-16, 14:21   Link #57
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'm just amused that your complaint is not about the bigger outrageous stuffs.
What's amusing is that you feel the need to defend the show even though what I brought up was more of a curiosity than an actual complain. If that's not being defensive, I don't know what is.
Old 2022-04-16, 14:27   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
What's amusing is that you feel the need to defend the show even though what I brought up was more of a curiosity than an actual complain. If that's not being defensive, I don't know what is.
No. I said your complaint is a "minor complaint" in a world where we have golf mafia & a street girl doing Mission Impossible stuffs. I was expecting "major complaints". I'm just amused that you didn't complain about much bigger stuffs which I completely welcome .
Old 2022-04-16, 14:34   Link #59
Kazu-kun

Quote:
No. I said your complaint is a "minor complaint" in a world where we have golf mafia & a street girl doing Mission Impossible stuffs. I was expecting "major complaints". I'm just amused that you didn't complain about much bigger stuffs which I completely welcome .
My only big complain has always been the same since episode 1, I can't stand the MC. And I already posted that. I'm not gonna shit on the thread posting the same thing all over again.
Old 2022-04-16, 14:41   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Tags
golf, sports