AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-14, 13:20   Link #21
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Ironic that a site obviously bias to Nintendo talks about a site's bias against Nintendo
Maybe, but the writer of that site's article isn't a fanboy. He just wants fairness. This part covers it best:

Let’s repeat this statement for the millionth time, since Craig just doesn’t seem to get it.

Most Nintendo fans DON’T want a cheerleader.

We want someone who is objective and informative at the same time. We also want someone who is genuinely excited about the topics they choose to cover. That’s not much to ask. It’s always fun to read an article by someone who shares your own enthusiasm.

Attacking fans and constantly praising the competition is NOT what most readers want to see.

Quote:
I bought my DS yersterday , it came with the metroid demo or whatever and my comments are: I should have saved those $150 for the psp(not that the psp is $150)
Your bashing is useless without backing it up.
Give us your reasons.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 13:22   Link #22
DekaMaster
Banned

Why should he have to jusitfy his choices to you? That is what nintendo fans do they bash everyone else and only accept what others say if they agree that nintendo rules.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 14:36   Link #23
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Why should he have to jusitfy his choices to you? That is what nintendo fans do they bash everyone else and only accept what others say if they agree that nintendo rules.
I suggest you cool down. Really, one generalisation about fanboys seems true every time..."they're childish"
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 14:49   Link #24
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

Quote:
I love nintendo fanboys they are always so much fun. NINTENDO RULES
SONY RUINED GAMING
XBOX IS A STUPID PC

HAHAH You guys are all funny
don't forget about SEGA
saturn still owns ps1
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 15:36   Link #25
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Really I miss the NeoGeo Pocket C<-- what does the C stand for again?
Anyway I think that thing was awesome....
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:27   Link #26
Animonger
Gama-Bunta

Send a message via AIM to Animonger Send a message via MSN to Animonger
To make sure we don't stray off topic...

You all have to remember that Nintendo is THE name in handhelds. They practically invented the handheld. Of course Wonderswan and Wonderswan color were great, etc. But people trust Nintendo for making tiny things they can use for a long time. Nintendo has been in the game for over 10 years. As for Sony, I'm not sure if this is their first handheld system ever, but it is obviously one of the few. People need to give that a thought before all the bashing on Sony starts going down for having a terrible launch. I want a PSP.
Animonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 20:30   Link #27
Shift_

I have a DS...

I will own a PSP.

When will I pick up a PSP? When the manufacturing problems are sorting out...I don't really need my UMD flying out and knocking someone out (yes I'm probally exagerating) while I'm playing a game
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 20:35   Link #28
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animonger
To make sure we don't stray off topic...

You all have to remember that Nintendo is THE name in handhelds. They practically invented the handheld. Of course Wonderswan and Wonderswan color were great, etc. But people trust Nintendo for making tiny things they can use for a long time. Nintendo has been in the game for over 10 years. As for Sony, I'm not sure if this is their first handheld system ever, but it is obviously one of the few. People need to give that a thought before all the bashing on Sony starts going down for having a terrible launch. I want a PSP.
Wasn't this the same argument that people used back when the Playstation was launching. Basically how Nintendo was gonna blow Sony out of the console market with their N64? I'm not bashing Nintendo (although I am still a little pissed that I bought a GBA at launch only to have the SP come out 2 years later), but people have to be somewhat reasonable here. The PSP is basically giving Nintendo it's first real serious challenge in the handheld market in a long time. So who's gonna win the handheld war? I don't know, and neither do any of you. So before fanboys on either side declare themselves the winner, I suggest you actually put those handhelds to use rather than argue about it over the internet.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 21:59   Link #29
LynnieS

Quote:
yeah selling 85% of their first shipment and having people lined up isn't succesful. And also Spider-man 2 making 500mil is a failure and you know what else the Star Trek franchise is a bomb they never made any money. And and you know what else Dragon Quest 8 is a BOMB in japan outselling any game ever for launch.

Get a clue
Calm down, DekaMaster.

Shipping just 200,000 units (in the initial shipment) of a multi-media device that is hoped to allow Sony to get into the handheld gaming market to break Nintendo's dominance in that market is, IMHO, nothing, especially since the PSP can do much more than play videogames and can extend Sony's reach into multimedia forms like movies, music, and on-line gaming. Sony made a big investment in getting the PSP to market; parts came from its PS2 division, for example, and components were also made internally instead of the outsourcing that is more commonplace.

If the device isn't successful, it's a pretty big loss for the company; Sony can still absorb it - although it isn't like Microsoft, which throws off cash like crazy, and the XBox - but from a reputation's point of view, it's something of a black eye if it goes badly.

I saw people holding the PSP in stores. I saw people playing games on the demo units. I saw people looking at game demos in stores. I saw people standing in front of displays reading the specs of the PSP; hell, I was one of them! Everyone who did this - and become interested in getting one from it, but can't - is a potential loss for the company; not everyone will remain interested in buying a PSP.

And what the heck do "Spider-Man 2" and "Star Trek" have anything to do with the PSP itself aside from the corporate connection?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2004-12-15 at 00:44.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 00:31   Link #30
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i think i will get a DS.
im not nintedo fanboy, or a sony fanboy.
im getting a ds because, most games i want to play are in DS.
what is with this fanboy-ism?
i dont get it.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 02:28   Link #31
DekaMaster
Banned

Nintendo used to own the console market. So using that they own something isn't a valid excuse anymore
Old 2004-12-15, 08:27   Link #32
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm not a Nintendo fanboy.
I'm a Sega fanboy who has a GameCube since most games I like come out on that system.

Why he should justify? Because it's easy to say "this sucks" without backing it up. You can scream all you want, but it won't have any meaning unless you can say why, which makes your opinion valid and backed up.
Quote:
Really I miss the NeoGeo Pocket C<-- what does the C stand for again?
Color.
Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Yeah, I wish that console would have stayed alive. It was a neat thing. More colors than the Game Boy Color on screen at the same time (146 vs. 32 or something), and twice the battery life (40 vs. 20).
I still have mine.
Quote:
You all have to remember that Nintendo is THE name in handhelds. They practically invented the handheld.
Yeah, right. You must be brainwashed by the Game Boy because it has been here for a long time now.
At the time, there was the Sega Game Gear and the NEC PC Engine handheld.
The Game Gear had color and a backlighted screen. It was great for the time. But its horrible battery life (3 hours on SIX batteries) killed it, along with the price.
I don't know the story behind NEC's handheld...
Quote:
But people trust Nintendo for making tiny things they can use for a long time.
There's a reason for that. Except for the NES, their first system, all their systems barely break. They are rock solid.
Hell, I was talking to someone the other day, who said that he and his friends wanted to see how solid the Nintendo 64 was, by putting it on the street and running over it with a car.
It didn't break.
Quote:
As for Sony, I'm not sure if this is their first handheld system ever, but it is obviously one of the few. People need to give that a thought before all the bashing on Sony starts going down for having a terrible launch.
That's a poor excuse, given their track record of faulty systems. They've even been sued for purposely selling faulty hardware. The PSOne had some problems. The PS2 had a lot of problems. Now the PSP has a lot of problems. I think the bashing is justified.
Quote:
Nintendo used to own the console market. So using that they own something isn't a valid excuse anymore
Used to own the console market? Not true. Sure, in the NES days, except for Europe, it dominated the world. But the SNES was a different story. There was strong competition in the US, Japan was in SNES' grasp, and Europe was in the grasp of... the Sega Mega Drive.
They were foolish to make their Nintendo 64 work with cartridges, which are expensive and don't allow for a lot of space. Until they make a similar mistake with the DS, I don't think they will lose that easily this time.
Quote:
Sony sold 85% of their shipped PSP's in two days. People lined up to get it you people need to get over yourselves.
But 85% of what?
200000 units. They were even AFRAID to lose so they didn't ship more.
The Nintendo DS sold 640000+ on its first day. Beat that.
Quote:
There is more than enough negative to say about the DS but the other fans are happier playing games than bitching about other companies.
Like what? Dead pixels?
There weren't that many, and they all got replaced immediately by Nintendo for free. They even got a free game of their choice for their inconvenience.
Sony doesn't replace faulty PSPs.
Nintendo has better customer service, obviously.

People are returning their faulty PSPs to pick up the remaining DSs in Japan.
Old 2004-12-15, 12:52   Link #33
DekaMaster
Banned

Heh yeah and nintendo shits golden rainbows I love when nintendo fanboys lash out.
Old 2004-12-15, 13:33   Link #34
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Your wrong dude, If sony didn't prevent pre-orders then their would have been even more unhappy people, by not allowing pre-orders, anyone that really wanted one had a much better chance of getting one, and lets be series, most people would pre-order more than one, by doing this people are forced to get only 1, and since their were up to 1,200 people on line at one store this shows that it really was a must for sony to have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4010

I really hope they fix it I WANT ONE.

I'm REALLY dissapointed at sony though, after more reading, sony only released 200000 units (that's 200 thousand) stores wern't allowed to PRE-ORDER, so people HAD NO CHOICE but to wait in line.

Fuck they used japan like a fucking publiciity stunt that's just low respect to the gamers man.

Nintendo atleast repects the gamers still.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:27   Link #35
HopelessLover

I love it when some one replies..."I'm not a nintendo fanboy"... but then every thing from that point on sounds like it came from some nintendo exsecutive trying to win a lawsuit.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 15:57   Link #36
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

err.. Let me clarify the statistics a bit.
Nintendo shipped 300 000 units on its first day (For Japan)
They sold 230 000 units on its first day (Japan)

PSP shipped 200 000 units on the first day
PSP sold about 170 000 units on the first day

Nintendo afterwards shipped more and sold half a million in 4 days
PSP didn't breakt the 200 000 mark yet yesterday which is the 4th day.
Old 2004-12-15, 16:04   Link #37
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyes
err.. Let me clarify the statistics a bit.
Nintendo shipped 300 000 units on its first day (For Japan)
They sold 230 000 units on its first day (Japan)

PSP shipped 200 000 units on the first day
PSP sold about 170 000 units on the first day

Nintendo afterwards shipped more and sold half a million in 4 days
PSP didn't breakt the 200 000 mark yet yesterday which is the 4th day.

YAH FOR FANBOYS
Old 2004-12-15, 17:36   Link #38
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Of course, if someone says anything pro-Nintendo, they're fanboys. Great logic.
Old 2004-12-15, 18:16   Link #39
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Your wrong dude, If sony didn't prevent pre-orders then their would have been even more unhappy people, by not allowing pre-orders, anyone that really wanted one had a much better chance of getting one, and lets be series, most people would pre-order more than one, by doing this people are forced to get only 1, and since their were up to 1,200 people on line at one store this shows that it really was a must for sony to have done.
That doesnt make sense, if there was really such a hot demand for the psp they couldve easily allow people to only order one psp, the "no preorders" strategy is clearly a publicity stunt to make huge lines, its way too ovbious.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:34   Link #40
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Quote:
YAH FOR FANBOYS
Can you not accpet FACTS?
Do I need to show you the articles for you to accept it?
I'm not siding with anything I'm just putting out the statistics.