Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-08, 08:15   Link #141
StanAce
Opinionated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
hopefully ep3 will rock, i want to see Sara in her new strain for more then a few sec in the end. Some fight scenes featureing will be good. I will be hunting for the ep thread on 2chan as soon as i get up.

I see Ep2 as a setup ep of Sara and her current enviroment and a introduction to the universe of Strain. I didn't even notice the fan service unitl i watch it the 2nd time around. It was hardly worth mentioning imo.
haha,
watch episode 2 once: you won't notice any fanservice, or even care if you did
watch it twice: you'll start noticing it
watch it a third time with friends: and you'll probably start getting annoyed by it.
Old 2006-11-08, 08:36   Link #142
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Hopefully they'll keep the serbisu under control, although the preview for ep 3 does show lots of naked Sara.

Actually, I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the *gasp* ...
Spoiler:

yet. No, I don't mean Ralph...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-08 at 09:06. Reason: :eek:
Old 2006-11-08, 10:01   Link #143
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
For someone who expressed such confusion, that is quite an aggressive response.
I didn't want to be aggressive at all... if I gave you that impression I'm sorry.

Quote:
No. The distance is defined by how far light travels in 130 years as observed from an outside inertial frame of reference. A light-year is merely a distance: 1 year * c = ~63241AU, no more, no less. A trip of 130 light-years at 0.99999c will take ~130.0013 years as perceived by a stationary observer, and ~7 months from the traveler's perspective.
Ok now I understand where I was wrong: the 130 light years distance I thought to be from the travelers POV, not from the stationary observer and this lead me to reason in the exact opposite way as yours, which is the one right.
Anyway this doesn't change the fact that Sara should be at least 130 years old when her brother arrives at his destination, not to mention if he goes back...

Quote:
In any case, I was only intending to shed some light on the situation, and bring attention to a rather fascinating aspect of our world. (That photons which don't experience time themselves, allow us to behold the earliest ages of the universe.)
Yes and in fact you cleared me that thing of the light years, which lead me into quite a big mistake and I thank you for that!

Quote:
Anyways, I apologize if I have only succeeded in wasting peoples' time. If anyone does have an interest in physics, or even if you have a physics class you hate, go check out the Feynman Lectures at your local library, you won't be disappointed. Beyond that, lets bury this, and get back to the more interesting aspects of the show!
Yes let's come back in watching the physics of this show which sucks anyway, until it's proven the opposite of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareel View Post
Im glad someone beat me to it ^^^. I saw all of the ignorant threads last night before heading to bed,
Ehy friends if you're Einstein's grandson I couldn't care less so please avoid to show off with your physics knowledge... and instead of watching at others' ignorance watch at yours that confuses posts for threads...
Old 2006-11-08, 10:07   Link #144
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I just can't explain, but I have been rewatching the first two episodes while waiting for the third one to air.

It interests me mainly for Sara, as I like to watch how she's enduring with all that mess thrown to her, and the music blends perfectly with the mood; a most wanted to listen over and over.

Ayako Kawasumi does a suitable voice for Sara, the demonstrating the hardness and frailty of the character. I have already her her serious voice in Saber from Fate/Stay night, and I cannot imagine anyone else as a match for the role of Sara Crewe.

This is the sci-fi drama for me, and what can I say about the animation and design for the Strain, brings me back Vandread nostalgia. It's so good, plus the 3D animation shots are fluid.
Old 2006-11-08, 11:12   Link #145
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Mid you i do hope they show the other sides of the story on the enemy.

anyway, like vandread they showed the enemy, they gave them the reasons for it, and you pity them but at the same time you knew they were wrong.

I hope in this one it won't be so clear cut, but honestly i rather her brother died...this is getting slightly comical....
I think this show is great. Episode 2 had to do what it did, Sara had not only basically lost everything but by losing her MIMIC she basically had to at the very least start over and be put into a new squad for continued training with a new group of pilots (and other crew members) who we have to be introduced to as they are going to be flying with her in combat.

I think the show will display the enemy (currently the Deague) side in time, which would be great because I think that ups the ante especially atleast when done well, and that that is one of the primary reasons that I think Ralph may be playing a key role and could still be a relatively main character, especially after the unexpected genuine smile and hug that Emily gave him when she woke up as he was escaping with her. That was hardly the response I was expecting and to me holds a lot promise for a big story with a lot more going on between Union and Deague than we currently know.

For now there could be a lot of possibility for a larger plot within or around the two sides. I just wonder if it will be something big and important for the entire galaxy or instead smaller with with the heroes in the middle.

Another reason I perhaps believe we'll see the Deague's side and that they might be atleast sympathetic (if they do end up continuing to be the enemy) is, I'd imagine Ralph wouldn't who those other pilots were attacking him on his mission, however he knew for a fact that Sara was piloting the one at the very end and with the ease that he took out the other training Strains in single hits, must have purposefully aimed for her MIMIC and not to completely destroy the second mech she was in and kill her. Maybe that was so that she wouldn't get involved in what might be a less clear cut fight than we are lead to believe? Or maybe he just didn't want to have to fight her in the future.

Or these possibilities could be totally off it's only been two episodes

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2006-11-08 at 11:59.
Old 2006-11-08, 11:35   Link #146
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler for Episode 03 screencaps:
Old 2006-11-08, 11:45   Link #147
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Old 2006-11-08, 12:00   Link #148
DangerMouse

Quote:
Wow...I don't think this show is going to let up anytime soon. I hope this series continues to be an awesome ride.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:08   Link #149
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That looks like the end of ....

Spoiler:

I like this shot of Emily:

Spoiler for Emily in Ep3:
Old 2006-11-08, 12:11   Link #150
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

That shot of Sara is certainly intriguing. Can't wait to see the episode.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:16   Link #151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

2chan links

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3892170.htm

http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/993645.htm

Not sure which is the real link but Looks good.

been a while since i been excited by any show to go look for a 2 chan link.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:21   Link #152
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
erm that better be ketchup all over sara from the preview! >.<
cause there is no way she can stand like this:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-08, 12:26   Link #153
ImClueless
Rawr

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-08, 12:31   Link #154
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, LOL, that would be pretty weird XD
Old 2006-11-08, 12:31   Link #155
EragonJeriel
heh

Arent they supposed to pull a white cloth over her??? Would be glad if that bitchy isabella dies.
A murdering psycho would like flat chested ones anyway
Old 2006-11-08, 12:35   Link #156
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Spoiler:
haha nice one...actually i havent thought of that its a valid reason

tbh i think isabella will soon become a friend of sara...i duno why but its a gut feeling then she can die at the hands of ralph

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-08, 12:41   Link #157
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Hmm...I don't think Isabella and her group will be around in the show for long, because Sara is going to transfer to the Strain group.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:54   Link #158
JediNight
キズランダム

I think it's more likely Isabella and Co WILL be around, but just extremely jealous of Sara. Because from their POV this no-name Sara just shows up and in 2 months shows them all up and gets her own Strain? I don't think I would be as bitchy as Isabella, but I'm sure I would be sore at her. Obviously Lotti will be her new friendly rival though.

I wonder if anyone at the academy knows her real name? Maybe the head of the place? Because I wouldn't think it would be that easy to fake registration info, especially for a military installation.
Old 2006-11-08, 13:05   Link #159
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I think it's more likely Isabella and Co WILL be around, but just extremely jealous of Sara. Because from their POV this no-name Sara just shows up and in 2 months shows them all up and gets her own Strain? I don't think I would be as bitchy as Isabella, but I'm sure I would be sore at her. Obviously Lotti will be her new friendly rival though.

I wonder if anyone at the academy knows her real name? Maybe the head of the place? Because I wouldn't think it would be that easy to fake registration info, especially for a military installation.

I doubt the principle of any of her immedatly superior know. At the beginning of ep2 the rpinciple ask who the new girl was and his assistant had to look it up. Also the teacher in charge of the training ask Sara why she is rushing so much.

Thier superior probably do know and i doubt Sara is using fake info, most likely she did change her name legally. Like I said this could be case like Ryo Soma form Argento Soma where the military offers Sara a new id to get back inot the military under a new name.

Edit:Raw out, usual place.
Old 2006-11-08, 13:43   Link #160
Julius Firefocht

S-Strain left a much bigger impact on me than Code Geass did. Ayako Kawasumi scores again, and reminds me why she will always be my favourite seiyuu. XD

Anyone has any idea how many episodes will S-Strain have?
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Closed Thread