Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-06-07, 23:38   Link #2561
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
I'm kind of hesitant to ask this, but I figure I may as well.
Does anybody have a spare account, or know a way I could get one?
For those of you who don't know me, I'm a translator at Crunchyroll. As you all probably know, the anime for this may or may not be airing soon, and if it does air, Crunchyroll may or may not get it for western audiences. I have no information on either of these subjects, unfortunately. I am, however, the translator doing our Arpeggio of Blue Steel manga, which means I'm the reigning expert on anthropomorphic WW2 battleships. So if we did get it, it'd probably go to me. KanColle is popular enough that I can do any research I need to on the dozens of wikis and fansites available, but it would be easier, and I could probably do a better job on it, if I had an account and could actually play the thing.

Unfortunately I'm past the point in my life when I can repeatedly stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 AM in the morning in hopes of getting an account. One of the drawbacks of being an adult, I suppose. I gave it a few goes, and the results the next morning were... unpleasant enough that I can't really try it again.
If anybody could help me out I would really appreciate it, and your efforts would be rewarded with a better translation for the anime, if I end up actually working on it.
Don't have an extra account myself, but there are sometimes lotteries at somewhat reasonable times (for us). Best bet would probably be to camp their twitter in the hopes of a reasonable time, or else, there's the KanColle wiki which might be useful (has all the lines, both in english and japanese). Or, if what you're looking for is the voices themselves, there are tons of clips on Youtube with voice recordings of popular ships.

Last edited by TaintedDream; 2014-06-07 at 23:59.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 01:26   Link #2562
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Already got more than enough of other equipments:
13 20.3cm No.3
6 Sanshiki
12 Suisei 12A
5 Ryuusei Kai
2 Saiun
2 Seiran
2 Zuiun Model 12
8 Yamaplanes
11 Type 3 Sonar
5 Type 3 DC
2 No.32
2 No.14
2 No.33
1 No.22 Kai 4

As Klash said anything with 1 submarine is good. Also make sure you have enough firepower to end the battle before torpedo phase.
Which recipe and flag ship did you use to make those 20 cm guns?

Man, you have so many 46cm guns. I only have 6-7 or so, and 2 already from Yamato. I guess the ammo costs ended up deterring me too much on crafting them. I also pretty much don't have Suisei 12 and most of my 3* planes ended up to be Saiun...

@Cyprene:have you try the lottery recently, as my friend got through it pretty much in 2nd refresh. Also kancolle wiki forum have a thread to request for lottery helps. Maybe try it out ^^
Old 2014-06-08, 01:39   Link #2563
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Looks like Midway is gonna be quite a chore to get up to. Spoiler tags to prevent users from being cluttered by my tl;dr wall of text.

My current squad:

BB: Kongou Lv. 142, Haruna/Mutsu Lv. 99, Kirishima Lv. 97
Spoiler for Comments/Aims:

BBV: Fusou Lv. 70, Hyuuga Lv. 34, Ise Lv. 27

CVs: Kaga Lv. 93, Souryuu Lv. 74, Zuikaku Lv. 49, Shoukaku Lv. 41

CVLs: Zuihou Lv. 52

CAs: Atago Lv. 50

CAVs: Mogami Lv. 12

CLs: Isuzu Lv.99, Naka Lv. 74, Yuubari Lv. 61

CLTs: Kitakami: Lv. 98

DDs: Shigure/Yuudachi/Shimakaze Lv. 78, Yukikaze Lv. 74, Amatsukaze Lv.61

SS: Goya Lv. 42, Imuya Lv. 37, Hachi Lv. 34, Maruyu Lv. 32

Fleet outlook: I should be safe by Midway. Only just.

Equipments-wise:
Spoiler:

My equipments are far from ready. Need more Reppu and get some Ryuusei Kais, and some more Suisei 12As for my carriers, and a couple more Sanshikis and 46cms.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 01:40   Link #2564
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Which recipe and flag ship did you use to make those 20 cm guns?

Man, you have so many 46cm guns. I only have 6-7 or so, and 2 already from Yamato. I guess the ammo costs ended up deterring me too much on crafting them. I also pretty much don't have Suisei 12 and most of my 3* planes ended up to be Saiun...
Oh those No.3 guns aren't craftable. You can only get them from remodeling specific ships such as Mikuma, Kinugasa, and Tone/Chikuma Kai 2, or from occasional ranking rewards. Haguro Kai 2 also gives you a pair of similar, No.2 guns (+8 FP +3 AA +1 Acc instead of +9 FP +4AA).

I got 2 from ranking rewards, 1 from Kinugasa, 2 from Tone sisters, and I got the rest from Mikuma farm. I just happened to have gotten a couple of Mikuma clones when I used to grind 5-2 for rank back in January/February, before 5-4 came out. Then I got a few more of them from trying to farm Spring E4 for Maruyu.

As for the 46cms, I'm not sure if it's just my luck but I always do it in load of 10~20 tries every few days, and if I do get one, I go for a few more shots. I usually get multiple of them in short bursts like that. In my experience, one thing about crafting 46cm that's for sure is, you mustn't be afraid of blowing 3~5k steel and ammo in one go.

@RapidPotential
Hiryuu doesn't drop in 5-4. She does drop in 5-2 though.
As for the CVLs, the devs mentioned AL Operation. The main participants of the Aleutian Campaign were RJ and Junyou. You might wanna get some of those CVLs ready. It's not the first time they make CVL part of branching rules in aerial battle centric maps (5-2 and 5-5).

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-06-08 at 01:53.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 01:50   Link #2565
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ah Mikuma... The only kanmusu that i still does not have.....

She always escaped me for some unknown reason....

My ships levels are simple:
  • I have all of the BB and CV (Musashi and Birmasck aside) and they all are lv 92-97 including the unlucky Fusou sisters.
  • The elite DD and CLt is 94 and 95.
  • CA includes Maya, Tone sisters and Haguro are at 80~ish
  • And most of CVl other than 2 are 75-85
  • SS are all 90-99, too much daily 2-3
  • CL have Isuzu, Jintsuu and Sakawa(?) , but they are all 70~ish so need to focus more on them
  • still unmarrried, feel free to recommend me a kanmusu ^^

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-06-08 at 02:03.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 02:56   Link #2566
usspaul

well I guess ill post what my fleet looks like

Fast BB (still want to get Bismarck)
Kongo-126
Kirishima-92
Haruna-83
hHei-68

Slow bb
Yamato-80
Mutsu-71
Nagato-43

aviation bbs ( my weakest part of my fleet.)
Fosou-44
her sister-42
ise-36
hyuga-24

heavy cruisers
atago-67
takao-61
chouka-44
kinugasa-42
maya-34
rest under 30

light cruisers I think this is my strongest group in that I have a lot to choice from
Isuzu-88
kita-86
ooi-79
kiso-79
yagahi-78
yubari-73
tatsua-72
jintsu-71
naka-69
agano-55
nos something-44
the rest under 40

destroyers my destroyer division isn't that bad
poi-91
shigure-80
shimakaze-63
hibiki 55
makigumo-46
sanadare-47
fubiki-46
bever-36
rest are below 30

standard carriers this group ant to bad either
kaga-88
akagi-82
shoukaku-75
hiyuu-56
her sister-36
shoukaku sister-15
second kaga 16
second akagi 24
second shoukaku 13

Light carriers I need to work on these girls
hiyou-63
chitose-51
shouhou-31
housho-28
RJ-26
zuihou-26
junyo-17

aviation cruisers

chikuma-80
suzuya-74
kumano-62
mogami-22

Submarines
imuya-78
1-19-63
I-8-61
1-58-60

as for equipment I have 7 reppu , 8 shiden kai and a lot of type 52. and 1reppu kai
2 46cm guns
10 41cm guns
a lot of type 21 radar 22 radar and some small ones too.
I dunno if ill be ready for the midway event hopefully I will be enough
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 03:04   Link #2567
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Um... just fyi, Hiryuu and Soryuu aren't exactly "sisters".... They aren't even the same class.
Old 2014-06-08, 03:07   Link #2568
usspaul

well I know I know that but I consider her to be her sister since they are from the same division lol.
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 05:25   Link #2569
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Um... just fyi, Hiryuu and Soryuu aren't exactly "sisters".... They aren't even the same class.
*Drop glass* that's shocking O_O

But...but... they have the same airplane slots. And their face looks striking resemble to each other. And they always hang around together.... They also often dropped from the same zone...

J/k aside, I thought it was a bit of historically dispute. Even in Hiryuu's Library data said:
Quote:
Hiryuu-class aircraft carrier, Hiryuu. Huh? Am I not an improved version of the Souryuu-class, you say? Don't worry about the details. More importantly, scouting is paramount. In carrier warfare, the first to strike wins! Don't let pride blind you. Let's carefully, and also boldly, fight on through!
Old 2014-06-08, 05:47   Link #2570
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
I'm kind of hesitant to ask this, but I figure I may as well.
Does anybody have a spare account, or know a way I could get one?
Better luck if you ask someone you know who can do the lottery for you. Due to the lottery system, there is hardly anyone with a spare account, save for those who do that for friends or for selling on Yahoo Auction.

I really wish Taigei wasn't such a chore to farm, considering her abysmal droprate (more than 15K res spent + 160 buckets) and nothing noteworthy, not even Urakaze.
At least you can combine 2-5 farming with daily world 2 boss quest, but that's a bit too steep.

Since everyone is sharing their stats, here are mine. I slacked too much on smaller vessels grinding, but at least almost every noteworthy DD/CL are 70+.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-06-08, 08:19   Link #2571
RapidPotential

Quote:
@RapidPotential
Hiryuu doesn't drop in 5-4. She does drop in 5-2 though.
As for the CVLs, the devs mentioned AL Operation. The main participants of the Aleutian Campaign were RJ and Junyou. You might wanna get some of those CVLs ready. It's not the first time they make CVL part of branching rules in aerial battle centric maps (5-2 and 5-5).
Trying my luck at 5-2 at the moment but lack of buckets isn't helping...

Yeah, I'm aware of my fleet's greatest weakness and I'm actually thinking of 3-2-A to help with that. At the very least I need to get all of them to Kai first before they start doing real damage.
Old 2014-06-08, 09:39   Link #2572
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
*Drop glass* that's shocking O_O

But...but... they have the same airplane slots. And their face looks striking resemble to each other. And they always hang around together.... They also often dropped from the same zone...

J/k aside, I thought it was a bit of historically dispute. Even in Hiryuu's Library data said:
Yea, Hiryuu was pretty much built using Soryuu's blueprint. But they made her a different class due to I forgot what reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Since everyone is sharing their stats, here are mine. I slacked too much on smaller vessels grinding, but at least almost every noteworthy DD/CL are 70+.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
*drools at those Reppus*

Man... for some reason my girls just absolutely refused to craft me some Reppu ever since the event... sigh
Can't really complain though since they are going hardcore on 46cm

==============

This brings back memories:

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-06-08 at 14:57.
Old 2014-06-08, 18:31   Link #2573
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Mash Kancolle with Koei's PTO series, and here's a little something for you.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=37014887

(Word of warning: Be careful when you search stuff on pixiv using both the Kancolle tag and the original JP name of the PTO series, because almost all of the results have nothing to do with PTO.)
Old 2014-06-09, 00:22   Link #2574
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Dev twitter:

Quote:
約70年前の今月六月に行われた「ミッドウェー海戦」。敵艦載機の痛撃を受け、南雲機動部隊の空母は壊滅。 残された水上艦隊戦力は「夜戦」を企図しますが、中止命令を受け撤退しました。次回メンテナンスに伴うアッ プデートでは、軽巡洋艦1隻のさらなる改装(改造)が実装される予定です。
Next Update: CL Kai 2

Hint mentioned something about the one who intended to commence night combat after the destruction of Nagumo Carrier Fleet but ended up retreating from orders.

Most of us expected Sendai, but based on the hint, new speculations points towards Nagara.

Nagara became the new flagship of Nagumo after he abandoned the burning Akagi. He considered pursuing the Americans at night but the attack was called out because the Americans were retreating which would have not allowed them to close the gap in time.

Now place your bets: Sendai or Nagara?
Old 2014-06-09, 00:33   Link #2575
RapidPotential

They're both torpedo squadron leaders and have strong stats... Tough call.

I'd go with Nagara but something tells me that the Sendai trio will finally complete the Kai-Ni set, ahead of the Kongou sisters.
Old 2014-06-09, 01:21   Link #2576
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

My bets on Sendai
Old 2014-06-09, 02:42   Link #2577
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I hope Nagara, but my bet is on Sendai too.

Btw, i heard that there was no proof that lower fatigue (unless it reaches orange)reduce accuracy and evasion? Cause spending time on 3-2A , and it was definitely the case for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
nos something-44
You forgot your ship daughter name?!?!?!
Old 2014-06-09, 02:55   Link #2578
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Btw, i heard that there was no proof that lower fatigue (unless it reaches orange)reduce accuracy and evasion? Cause spending time on 3-2A , and it was definitely the case for me.
Not sure where you heard that but it's already been established on wikiwiki that low fatigue (Mamiya button flashing) can lower performance. Your ship is somewhat more likely to take heavy damage and do scratch damage. This is particularly noticeable in night battle nodes.

My experience in 5-4 grinding fits that description to the T. I tend to retreat more often whenever I don't wait for the Mamiya button to go out.
Old 2014-06-09, 03:07   Link #2579
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Not sure where you heard that but it's already been established on wikiwiki that low fatigue (Mamiya button flashing) can lower performance. Your ship is somewhat more likely to take heavy damage and do scratch damage. This is particularly noticeable in night battle nodes.

My experience in 5-4 grinding fits that description to the T. I tend to retreat more often whenever I don't wait for the Mamiya button to go out.
I guess i probably heard that back in earlier day.

Rotating ships after every expedition is a must if i want to optimise resource uses then. But man... it's a pain
Old 2014-06-09, 03:26   Link #2580
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I guess i probably heard that back in earlier day.

Rotating ships after every expedition is a must if i want to optimise resource uses then. But man... it's a pain
I don't think you need to worry about that if you're just doing 3-2A grinding.
It only matters if you take damage, and I doubt you would in 3-2A. That little chance of doing scratch damage isn't gonna ruin your leveling trip tbh.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls