Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-24, 03:34   Link #161
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Concerning Hitsu.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:35   Link #162
Sythychan

Mmm, at first I was surprised to see Stark go down so fast yet somehow I am alright with it. Shunsui's always been my favorite captain for the reason that I can't really explain but yeah, Satisfied with how it played out although I am more intrigued, Aizen cutting down his soldiers maybe he does have all the reiatsu he needs in order to forge his key.

What happened to Shinji? Wasn't he trying to claw at him, Wasn't there a battle between Koma and Kaname? Or did Kubo forget these peeps? This chapter raises so many questions,
Huzzah the plot is rolling again!
Old 2009-09-24, 03:35   Link #163
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Concerning Hitsu.

But I never said Hitsuguya lived because he was number one. I said he lived because he had a fanbase.
And my point is that captains live when they should die because they have a fanbase...

i think you misundertood (well you do that a lot)
Popular demand = fanbase.
I don't see how you quite managed to interpret it otherwise, but then again, i never do.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:40   Link #164
james0246

Quote:
Sajin is simply weaker than Hitsu of course his battles are not going to be as potent as Hitsu's. terrible example by you James and yet Sajin has battled Aizen juts like Hitsu and got pwned [like Hitsu] Got toyed with by Kenpachi [Just like Gin toyed with hitsu] and Smashed Po who was a strong minion under Barragan. Hitsu ONLY decent level battle was against Halibel. what are you chatting?
Um, Shawlong and Luppi might disagree with you...and I never disagreed that Sajin has always been treated as the "dog" of the series. But, since that wasn't your initial point (again, your original point, since you seem to have forgotten it, was that Hitsu-chan was important becuase he is a Captain), you poniting out Sajin's negative portrayal actually enhances my basic argument. Hitsu-chan is popular, so he gets to be more chapters and do more stuff; Sajin is not popular, so he does very little, and can be treated as "lesser" even though he should theoretically be of equal importance as Hitsu-chan and Ken-kun.

Again, Hitsu-chan receives an inordinate amount of focus in comparison to the other captains. This is because he's fan base is simply that much larger.

I am not sure why you are so surprised (and so vehemently reject) this basic idea. Creators will often use their popular characters to tell a story. Hitsu-chan is a very popular character. So why is it so hard to understand that Kubo uses a popular character like Hitsu-chan simply because he is popular? This is the same basic reason that amongst the B- and C-cast Shikimaru is used most prevalently over seemingly equal or greater ranked characters like Neji, Shino, etc.

Quote:
No, simple logic would be to let us hear the reasons from the story.
...Which Aizen already did. From the OP: "Aizen finishes by saying Halibel is not good enough to fight under him." Aizen's reason for killing Haribel is because she is not good enough to fight under him. What's so hard to understand about that?

The real question you want to ask is why Aizen thinks Haribel is not good enough. And, for that question, I have no answer. Sadly enough (for you), that doesn't really matter to any of my arguments. Aizen killed Haribel because she was worthless. Consequently, all those beneath her would be equally as worthless, else Kubo contridicts himself. So, it does not matter to my arguments as to why Haribel is worthless. All I care about is the fact that she is worthless and Aizen killed her because of her worthlessness.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-24 at 03:50.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:43   Link #165
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I am not sure why you are so surprised (and so vehemently reject) this basic idea. Creators will often use their popular characters to tell a story. Hitsu-chan is a very popular character. So why is it so hard to understand that Kubo uses popular characters simply because they are popular?
Because then he'd have to admit to me that he only lived because he was popular.

Lol sorry james. I'm making things difficult for you.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:47   Link #166
Aqua Knight

Then Komamura needs to die because he has no fanbase, btw where is he?
Old 2009-09-24, 03:47   Link #167
Sythychan

Hitsugaya is alive not because of Fan Basis but because of the following, possibly in a broken down list of reasons in importance.
Child Prodigy,
Strong Captain, He did work with his abilities etc to counter his flaws as we've seen from Shawlong and Luppi. >_>;
Espada - Captain match up,
Then Fan basis

But then again, That's IMO.

Yet again I don't see why we need to consistently complain about Hitsugaya every time he's mentioned in a manga discussion, there's more important plot devices at work then a small grasp of Air time from this guy.

Edit: 17th Warrior he's probably fetching a chew toy... Kaname's secret weapon vs Captain Doggy. :3
Old 2009-09-24, 04:24   Link #168
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Not gonna try and join in the discussions but just wanted to point out a quick note about the Hitsu popularity = still alive: No offense but thats a totally shit reason, and you should just drop it and continue on with other aspects.

Hitsu popularity = 2nd movie (Likely)
Histu popularity = More panel time (Likely)

But unless another captain dies first (scratch that, make it even just a good guy) then the Fanbase aint protecting him from death, Kubo is - just like all the other good guys, simple as that.

Dont go down that road because its just a dead end.
Old 2009-09-24, 04:33   Link #169
kamyu

Quote:
You making claims that Kubo didn't kill hitsu cause of the fandom is retarded that is ultimately your lame point. When the fact is no good guys die in this dang series no matter how much you want it. Why can't you understand that?
Quote:
Yeah, not number one like Hitsu [Which was your dang point]..You can pack it up now.
And Bleach story is still going who says a good guy won't bite it? Stop assuming
Quote:
Nope I'm always the one schooling you guys on the difference between theories and facts .
wait.. what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Then Komamura needs to die because he has no fanbase, btw where is he?

fighting tousen (with shinji and hisagi), so he might be getting a real fight soon.
Old 2009-09-24, 05:41   Link #170
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Gin and Tousen better hurry and kick some ass or Aizen will cut them too. I really don't understand why he didn't cut Hellibel's opponents or something that didn't involve his army.
Old 2009-09-24, 06:14   Link #171
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

2 espada died in one chapter

and WTF??! no flashbacks for Halibel?!

Old 2009-09-24, 07:11   Link #172
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
Hitsugaya is alive not because of Fan Basis but because of the following, possibly in a broken down list of reasons in importance.
Fan basis and then everything else:
Child Prodigy,
Strong Captain, He did work with his abilities etc to counter his flaws as we've seen from Shawlong and Luppi. >_>;
Espada - Captain match up,
Fixed that for you
Sorry but that's true, everything is constantly added to him because of his fanbase.

Besides so what if he is some prodigy there? It doesn't mean that he needs to get to the top, would be far more interesting if prodigy had failed and died or something. It's boring to see them always succeding and I'm saying it only about Hitsugaya.

Also about your question above, Shinji was fighting Gin. at least that's what spoilers say while Halibel was taking on masked Lisa, Hiyori(duno if masked) and Hitsugaya (probably bankaid) at the same time right before Aizen slashed her.
Old 2009-09-24, 07:14   Link #173
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Gin and Tousen better hurry and kick some ass or Aizen will cut them too. I really don't understand why he didn't cut Hellibel's opponents or something that didn't involve his army.
Uhu, he so easily snicked on her that instead of cutting her who was taking on 3 opponents at once he could easily cut those 3.

Aizen is an idiot -_-
Old 2009-09-24, 07:56   Link #174
SimplyAJ

Okay, so, after reading more of the chapter it seems to sort of make sense as to why he killed Hallibel. If she was only the third strongest, and the two above her died already, it makes sense that she was outclassed (as a whole, but necessarily by who was fighting her), so by that logic, Aizen is simply going off the basis that if she is weaker than the two strongest who died already, how useful is she? Sort of a "might as well start from scratch" sort of deal, it seems.

Now ... I will say, I am entirely disappointed in the Vizard. Logically they should all be stronger than the current captains as they WERE captain level but also have Hollow powers which are supposed to increase their powers drastically. Yet, Shinji (who we're lead to believe is strong) is fighting Gin. It seems more or less like a "Captain Class" shouldn't really be able to stand up against a "Vizard Class" in that sense. But again, we're proven wrong with Stark handling two Vizards by dying to a Captain. The "power" of the Vizards really seems to be not that great.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:19   Link #175
kitten320

^Even if Halibel was only number 3, she still could fight, distract enemy as well as injure.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:31   Link #176
SimplyAJ

Mm, I'm not saying that's how I'D do it, just sayin' that his actions were most likely fueled by the fact that his two "strongest" were killed therefore the weaker of the three is useless to him now. While sure, Hallibel could potentially kill Hiyori, Lisa, and/or Histugaya, what threat are the three of them to Aizen anyway? (In his eyes, anyway)

Seems more or less like he's saying "Alright, you guys are taking entirely too long, we'll do it outselves, as I'm fed up with this now." It's not really "logical" but there's reasoning behind it. If that makes sense.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:04   Link #177
SeanQ

Lolz...it's going to be hard to convey why she was " sacrifice " in the past...unless she was supposed to a sacrificial pig before Aizen found her...
________
FUTURAMA FORUMS

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:11.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:07   Link #178
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is Halibel's or any other character's death of any use anyway?

All Aizen wanted was to obtain a number of souls in an area roughly the size of Karakura Town. Convenient as it is, he has the Espada, whose members were hundreds/thousands of souls consumed per member. So, right now, all Aizen needed to do is sit back and watch the sparks fly as he counts the casualties. And right now, seems that every move each side takes is always in his favor.

@Hitsugaya living off his fanbase
I don't think so. Whatever is happening to Hitsugaya isn't in the hands of the fans, but it's in Kubo's hands. And whatever he's doing to Hitsugaya or any character in Bleach doesn't concern me, you, or anyone.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:13   Link #179
kitten320

Spoiler for spoiler pic:

I'll go barsek if Halibel will die from something like this
It isn't even near to the cut which Hitsugaya had received as well as to the one which Stark did.

She definetly isn't cut in half and there is no way her heart is below her breasts, so Kubo don't even think about switching on her flashback next week and letting her die!

Marcus H.
that's right, it is in hands of Kubo who is a coward to dissapoint little kids. That's why Hitsugaya is a walking fanservice without any talent.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:34   Link #180
kakakka

So she's not cut in half. I think she's not going to die (yet). If she survived, then ...switching sides might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@Hitsugaya living off his fanbase
I don't think so. Whatever is happening to Hitsugaya isn't in the hands of the fans, but it's in Kubo's hands. And whatever he's doing to Hitsugaya or any character in Bleach doesn't concern me, you, or anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Marcus H. that's right, it is in hands of Kubo who is a coward to dissapoint little kids. That's why Hitsugaya is a walking fanservice without any talent.
I see what you did there....
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion