Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Dark Ezio

Old 2012-05-24, 19:41   Link #1982
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Any recommendations on beating a swarm of fast mortar bitches on a DH when soloing? (hell difficulty)
I don't play a DH, but couldn't you smoke shield and try to kill one before you run out?
With all the synergy, it shoud buy you 15 seconds or so to kill one.

After that? Well, you could always simply die and come back to kill one more.

All of us have types of elites that takes us numerous death to wear them down.
For us melee, "illusion knockback invulnerable minions" is pretty much throw our hands up in the air and give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
Act II Hell on my Wizard and I'm at something like 33K health and still feel a bit squishy. 63% armor.
Act IV Hell on monk here, probably gonna beat it tonight.
Instead of stacking VITs, I switched to stacking resist, and it's going much, much smoother.
I have about 300 resist to all, which cuts damage by half by itself, before even considering the armor and 30% melee bonus.
Only 26k health, but this feels a LOT more suvivable than when I had 30k health and less resist.

Just like how in D2 you HAD to have resist high in later difficulties. It's a Diablo tradition.
Old 2012-05-24, 19:55   Link #1983
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just like how in D2 you HAD to have resist high in later difficulties. It's a Diablo tradition.
Wizard glass cannons have high resist by default. So as long as I time my glass armour spell I am covered.
Old 2012-05-24, 20:06   Link #1984
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Wizard glass cannons have high resist by default. So as long as I time my glass armour spell I am covered.
Is it simply added on the resist stat, and subject to diminishing returns?
If not, it seems like a good idea to stack anyways, there's no such thing as too much resist.

Man, the valor stacks are evil. Once you get five, you can NOT stop playing until the act boss is dead.
I started mid-way Act 2 earlier today just to farm some... ended up playing all the way to Belial to take advantage of the stacks.
Boy oh boy, Act bosses drop loot like CRAZY when you have max stacks.
Belial on Hell dropped three rares with full five valor stacks.
Old 2012-05-24, 20:27   Link #1985
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Is it simply added on the resist stat, and subject to diminishing returns?
If not, it seems like a good idea to stack anyways, there's no such thing as too much resist.

Man, the valor stacks are evil. Once you get five, you can NOT stop playing until the act boss is dead.
I started mid-way Act 2 earlier today just to farm some... ended up playing all the way to Belial to take advantage of the stacks.
Boy oh boy, Act bosses drop loot like CRAZY when you have max stacks.
Belial on Hell dropped three rares with full five valor stacks.
I haven't checked, but I think a Wizard get 1 point resist for every 10 points of intelligence just like everyone else. It's just that Wizards stack Intelligence anyway so it is free resist so to speak. Like how DH and Monk gets free dodge chance and Barbarian gets free armour.

Valor is a good way to improve magic find without affecting gear. Time investment as a reward.
Old 2012-05-24, 20:43   Link #1986
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'm thinking of forgoing Magic Find shit for gold find shit until later difficulties. Apparently it's averaged in parties, which makes it pretty useless for anything besides solo. Currently, it's just a habit from D2... but I only have 30ish thus far anyways.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:10   Link #1987
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Valor buff actually gives you a lot more MF than it looks on the stats.
At five stacks, it only gives you 75%, but you will find out that you get a lot more rares than with a MF75% gear.
The reason is, Nephalem Valor buff actually increases drop count too, effectively multiplying the roll %

With full stack, the Act bosses drop room full of goodies.
Old 2012-05-24, 22:04   Link #1988
Kyouka
Is Here

is there a phone number for d3 i still cant find a way to fix my issues in d3
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 22:59   Link #1989
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

A barbarian has apparently solo cleared Inferno difficulty (actually fighting champions, not skipping them). The entire community basically believes Inferno is impossible for barb and monk, and it turns out they're wrong so don't lose hope and keep at it (and stop trying to rely on cheap gimmicks like force armor to carry you through inferno and start properly gearing like that barb player).
Old 2012-05-24, 23:02   Link #1990
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I haven't checked, but I think a Wizard get 1 point resist for every 10 points of intelligence just like everyone else. It's just that Wizards stack Intelligence anyway so it is free resist so to speak. Like how DH and Monk gets free dodge chance and Barbarian gets free armour.

Valor is a good way to improve magic find without affecting gear. Time investment as a reward.
Int raises all resists, dex increases dodge, and str increases armor. Str is the damage modifier for Barbs, Dex for Monks and DH, and Int for Wizards and WDs.
Old 2012-05-24, 23:11   Link #1991
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Int raises all resists, dex increases dodge, and str increases armor. Str is the damage modifier for Barbs, Dex for Monks and DH, and Int for Wizards and WDs.
The interesting thing is that all 4 stats are vital for survival; armour, dodge, resist and health. This means if you want to improve survival, you really need to raise ALL stats.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:15   Link #1992
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
A barbarian has apparently solo cleared Inferno difficulty (actually fighting champions, not skipping them). The entire community basically believes Inferno is impossible for barb and monk, and it turns out they're wrong so don't lose hope and keep at it (and stop trying to rely on cheap gimmicks like force armor to carry you through inferno and start properly gearing like that barb player).
Not the entire community.
Just the annoying, self-entitled idiotic kids spamming the forums.

OH NOES INFERNO IS TOO HARD I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!111oneoneone

It's like people who complained about Raid bosses being too hard in WoW and was literally whining on the same forum as above, demanding they get raid gear without raiding. No, I'm not making this up.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:28   Link #1993
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The NV buff is really nice. Currently farming Hell-A3, last quest, since that netts both Cyndean and Azmodan. With five stacks, I get about 3 rares and 6-7 magic on average from each of them.

Getting harder and harder to sell items pre-60 items on the Auction House now. You can still make a good profit from items, but the 2-day & 10-item restrictions are seriously hampering my ability to cycle items. Especially since I am generating much more rares from my runs now. If this goes on, I may just end up selling at near vendor cost just to make a small profit and clear my inventory.

Gold is not much of an issue now, but I am currently at the point where getting gear upgrades from the AH is gut-clutchingly expensive.

I may...

... actually start levelling up my Blacksmith now.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:32   Link #1994
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, I don't even bother putting up rares with poor modefiers.
And the ones I do, I usually throw them out there at very low prices.
Like a rare weapon with both vit and primary stat at very high, for less than 10k. Maybe even 5k.

Yes, that's much lower than the market price, but I don't care.
It's much more important that it doesn't take up a slot in my auction for more than a day.
It's better to farm, crank out rares, and chunk them at super low price.

If the modefiers are so poor that no one would want them even at 2k, I'll either just disassemble it at BM or simply vendor it.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:41   Link #1995
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Like a rare weapon with both vit and primary stat at very high, for less than 10k. Maybe even 5k.

It's much more important that it doesn't take up a slot in my auction for more than a day.

If the modefiers are so poor that no one would want them even at 2k, I'll either just disassemble it at BM or simply vendor it.
I don't list all my rares. I actually end up salvaging most of them, for the rare Hell component. The ones I list have a Primary Stat + Vitality at least, and resist all. Weapons need to be at least 350+ dps before I will consider putting it on the AH.

The market is just getting very saturated I guess. Oh well... I have been itching to use the Blacksmith in any case. It's a blackhole of gold-suckage, but it's fun to gamble and try to craft something on your own.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:49   Link #1996
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

Pretty much the same here, stuff with weird stat composition goes to the recycler. Even started clearing out gems from my inventory since there's no level requirement on the high end ones so rather pointless to keep anything but the highest quality gems around.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:02   Link #1997
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's a guy streaming going through Inferno Act2, with full valor buff on, and farming Belial, with a 2H Barb. Not even a shield.

http://www.justin.tv/rrowland

Every incessant whiners in the official forum need to shut up and go watch videos like these.
They're blaming their own inability to progress a difficulty reserved for the best, on everything but themselves.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:14   Link #1998
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I've been trying to build a throwing Barb, with increase crit chance + crit dmg. The problem always revolves around I don't have enough Fury, unless I can keep the critical chance happens continuously.

Well, when it crit, it can go up to 7k dmg, but when it doesn't, the dmg is only around 500 . Still be able to go soloing smoothly at Nightmare.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:19   Link #1999
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So I finally managed to double my low monk health to about 13k in mid-nightmare. It still feels like it does fuckall against elite monsters. So how much health is needed for hell and beyond?

And also is mantra of healing worth it for later? The numbers seem to small to keep up with any reasonable amount of damage. Same goes for life regen.
I have 40k hp, 70% damage reduction due to my armor (this is fully buffed which includes the Deadly Range's Keen Eye rune and Seize the initiative passive) along with 40% resistance to all, and I can solo Act I inferno just fine.

As for mantra of healing, even though it's nerfed it's still useful due to two runes: passive spirit regen and the increase resistance rune. The only useless mantra is the retribution one (to a point I only used it once)
Quote:
With full stack, the Act bosses drop room full of goodies.
Yeah it's rather obvious they programmed it that way, if you carry the same amount of MF without that buff they don't drop anything worthwhile.
Quote:
They're blaming their own inability to progress a difficulty reserved for the best, on everything but themselves.
Or maybe they don't play the game on their own? I get one shotted when I do inferno with three friends hell I was so surprised to find out I could solo it on my own. (never played the game solo until inferno)
Meanwhile my ranged friends (2 Wiz, 1 DH, 1 WD) are farming inferno whimseyshire together. Now if I join that game I feel like I'm a waste of precious space, I can't melee without getting one shotted so I try being ranged standing behind zombie walls or in sanctuaries using deadly reach or Way of the Hundred Fist Kamehameha wave () notice the problem?
Now obviously I'm undergeared for whimseyshire but so are my ranged friends; I do think this unbalanced but I don't want inferno to be nerfed.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:28   Link #2000
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Spoiler for For everything else...:

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler