AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-17, 02:17   Link #201
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Nezuko turned into a "flashy demon," at least to Uzui. And I suppose he would know.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 03:24   Link #202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why did it take me so long to realize Uzui's swords are basically smaller Zangetsus? I know the author is a big Bleach fan, so it's not really a surprise.

I can't tell if Uzui is terrible at gauging his opponent's strength (sneak attack + Daki being weakened after getting the shit pounded out of her by Nezuko, of course he managed to behead her) or if, in a twist, she's actually supposed to be weak with her brother being the main reason she holds that rank.
Probably the latter, and a real Upper Moon wouldn't have gotten beheaded even in a sneak attack after fighting Nezuko.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 05:54   Link #203
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man, I never would have guessed that was Ohsaka Ryouta. What a range.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 09:02   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just compare her to Lower Rank 1, who would've been the next strongest in the ranking. Tanjirou fought both, and the only worry he had against LR1 was that short period where he got spammed with sleep spells. However, he had no issue cutting LR1's neck with either Water or Sun breathing.

Daki, however, he had to go full-stop Sun mode or whatever you want to call it to overwhelm her, and that's after training for a few months on Sun Breathing.

So really, it's just that Uzui is much stronger than her.
She's definitely strong, but when I say weak, I mean for an Upper. Those guys are supposed to be almost impossible to beat even for Hashiras. In fact, we know she killed 7 of them, but not if it was with her brother's help or by herself. She certainly took the credit for herself.
Old 2022-01-17, 09:09   Link #205
GDB

It's really hard to say since we've only really seen the power of Upper Three and Lower One when it comes to that general power block.

And as far as Hashira go, we've only really seen Kyojuro go all out, along with Shinobu and Tomioka half-assing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 09:21   Link #206
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Why did it take me so long to realize Uzui's swords are basically smaller Zangetsus? I know the author is a big Bleach fan, so it's not really a surprise.

I can't tell if Uzui is terrible at gauging his opponent's strength (sneak attack + Daki being weakened after getting the shit pounded out of her by Nezuko, of course he managed to behead her) or if, in a twist, she's actually supposed to be weak with her brother being the main reason she holds that rank.
Is he/she a big Bleach fan? The cited inspirations are JoJo, Naruto, Bleach, and Gintama. Gintama is the one he/she really admired.

What frustrates me that I feel like I have seen JoJo and Crayon Shin-chan mentioned as his/her two favorites, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe I'm mixing the author up with someone else, but I have no idea who with. Ugh.

As for Daki and killing Pillars, the Pillars are not equal. This generation is one, if not the strongest in a long time. And it's not like Daki couldn't have sneak killed past Pillars, or they even went for some sexual services with Warabihime-oiran, then head rolls. Not to mention how Uzui encountered the already battered up Daki who had trouble regenerating. She is not that weak, but Gyuutarou is the default Upper Moon Six and the superior fighter, while Daki is like an organic link, an extension of his power, an outer cover.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 09:42   Link #207
Estzero1

Quote:
In fact, we know she killed 7 of them, but not if it was with her brother's help or by herself. She certainly took the credit for herself.
Just wait for the next episode and that question should answer itself.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 12:27   Link #208
GDB

That fight sequence at the end was so damned beautiful.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 13:13   Link #209
HandofFate

Starting this week's episode
i am laughing at how many episodes the sister demon is getting bullied at this point lol
Old 2022-01-23, 13:54   Link #210
Estzero1

It's just insane think about what Ufotable turned a few pages into.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 15:08   Link #211
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
They did a bit of setup at the beginning of the ep, which is to be expected. Had to get all of the mundane elements that would stop the flow of the fight out of the way, so it was good that Uzui mentioned the way to defeat them(decapitating them both at the same time) and moving the civilians out of the way. This allowed the latter half to just be pure battle, and what a great battle it was too =03. Not to mention that cliffhanger D0=! Though we are still due "the antagonists' sob story", the next episode should be full-on fighting as well. Can't wait (^,^ )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Man, I never would have guessed that was Ohsaka Ryouta. What a range.
Yeah, same. I initially thought it was Akira Ishida for sure, until I read the ANN article about it well after the episode.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 19:09   Link #212
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I personally thought Ufotable tried way too hard for that last battle sequence and it ended up being a total mess. Sure, it looked impressive, but I could barely tell what the fuck was happening.

Got some good information in this episode. Daki did kill 7 Hashiras by herself, but Gyutaro killed more than twice that amount. And this time Uzui beheaded her fair and square, while having to deal with her brother to boot, so she's indeed weak compared to him, and so were the Hashiras she met, I guess. Tanjiro is still nowhere close to Hashira level, even in Super Demon Slayer mode.
An interesting tidbit was Uzui mentioning that young looking guy became a Hashira only two months after first picking up a sword. Sounds insane.

And Zenitsu really should stay asleep all the time.
Old 2022-01-23, 20:30   Link #213
HandofFate

I thought the action was really well done, followed it easier than the train arc and it was just Rengoku and the other standing there just trading blows with eachother with a bunch of lights.

Wonder when it be Inosuke's turn to get an upgrade, he's just been the same the whole series so far
Old 2022-01-23, 21:44   Link #214
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Zenitsu is still asleep and doing a better job of it while he was awake just still mad about that girl getting her ear pulled

Inosuke really not much help so far
Old 2022-01-24, 16:53   Link #215
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Such an infuriating show to watch when you don't have all the episodes.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-24, 23:40   Link #216
HandofFate

i think it would be really nice if ufotable just went the heaven's feel route, and just started making movie formats of the upcoming arcs. The fight sequence at the end, the budget was to me movie-tier, I don't think any other tv series episode has that kind of polished high impact action happening.
Old 2022-01-25, 00:05   Link #217
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I mean, if ya got it, flaunt it. If any franchise ever should have an insane budget it's this one - it's the cash cow that gives golden milk. And let's be honest, Kimetsu needs that extra push - the story and characters are fine but really doesn't pack that much of a punch.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 06:46   Link #218
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
i think it would be really nice if ufotable just went the heaven's feel route, and just started making movie formats of the upcoming arcs. The fight sequence at the end, the budget was to me movie-tier, I don't think any other tv series episode has that kind of polished high impact action happening.
The Infinity Train arc consisted of 13 chapters. Got a 2 hours long movie.
Post-Infinity Train and the Red Light District are 31 chapters. About 4 hours in the anime.

Considering the next arc is about the same length as the current arc, there is no way they will be making a 4 hours long movie. And screw the idea of cutting the arc to two parts with a year difference in airing.

Earliest, the adaptation would be complete around March of 2025 by their current pacing. With multiple movies format however, it could even stall the anime for 6-7 years.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 13:53   Link #219
Decel

The newest ep's ending situation.

Having not read the manga, waiting for next week will really be hard. One of the better episodes and cliffhangers I've seen. *chef's kiss*

Last edited by Decel; 2022-01-30 at 14:04.
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 16:16   Link #220
leongsh
Daijoubu!

At this rate for the past few episodes, I wonder whether the word, "budget", exists now for this series. It's just ufotable showing us the money now.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote