AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-02, 17:23   Link #961
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Well, its finally over, with a surprise time looping plotline to add some extra legitimacy (or something) to Souma's reign. The Liscia scene was kind of cute, though more development in the current timeline would have been preferable to the the time-crossed lovers thing. Overall the series went from a solid 7/10 in cour 1 to about a 3/10 in cour 2.
I have the same impression. I found the first cour interesting. The second cour was a test of my patience most of the time.

This last episode was surprisingly interesting though with the reveal, and adds credibility to many plotline motivations. Makes me happy I didn't drop this mid-cour, but I won't be back for a second season if one appears.
Old 2022-04-02, 17:45   Link #962
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I didn't think much of it when they said polyandry is a thing but apparently Liscia's mom does kind of have a reverse harem -- through time and space? What does it even count as when you can rewind every time your hubby fucks it all up and the kingdom burns down?
Its more like, she divorced or became a widow and then remarried again and again, with the added bonus of becoming a virgin with experience each time.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-02, 17:53   Link #963
Frontier

I did get the impression that she only married one, single, man in each timeline, and Albert ended up the "winner" by virtue of being the only one who lasted longer than the rest and the only one she ended up having a child with.

But you can tell at least by their body language that they genuinely care for and love one another. I don't think she'd have held onto his hand as much as she did otherwise.
Old 2022-04-02, 18:29   Link #964
Alchemist007
*Author

Interesting way to end it, but I guess it was to answer the question of "why would the former king do this in the first place?"

I did enjoy parts of the show and the general isekai beats of solving problems.

7/10
Old 2022-04-03, 03:11   Link #965
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Considering the "Fin" at the end, i guess the chance of getting a Season 3 is really low.
There had been some anime that had the word “fin” at the end of a season but ended up having another season. What just finished wasn’t second season but second cour. Well, if they make another season the title will probably be “How a Realist Hero Redeveloped the Kingdom” which was the title for the next part of the series in the web novel version.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 04:40   Link #966
Lex79

It's finally revealed why the king was so eager to abdicate in favor of Souma. Also, Liscia's engagement with him wasn't only a mean to keep him in Elfrieden, but her parents already knew from the beginning they were destined to fall in love.
Liscia also further cemented her status as the main heroine by receiving a confession from Souma, so people wishing for him to reciprocate her feelings should be satisfied.
As a LN reader, it was nice to see the series animated. I won't be against another season, there is a lot of material to cover.
Old 2022-04-03, 08:12   Link #967
moridin84
Custom User Title

The reveal was certainly interesting, but it came so late that you've completely forgotten about what happened, so you're like "oh yeah, that thing at the start". And it's hard to take the reveal too seriously because the show has gotten so "fluffy", not that it was all that serious from the beginning.

This would have worked much better at the end of season 1 before the show added nonsense like idols and spent so much time and other girls instead of Lisha. Hearing "Lisha was so useful as a political tool" isn't really making me happy after seeing her being useless all this season.

I read the novels a long time before I saw the anime. I wasn't any more impressed.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 09:29   Link #968
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
It's finally revealed why the king was so eager to abdicate in favor of Souma. Also, Liscia's engagement with him wasn't only a mean to keep him in Elfrieden, but her parents already knew from the beginning they were destined to fall in love.
Liscia also further cemented her status as the main heroine by receiving a confession from Souma, so people wishing for him to reciprocate her feelings should be satisfied.
As a LN reader, it was nice to see the series animated. I won't be against another season, there is a lot of material to cover.
Not only a confession but a kiss amidst fireworks and snow! Perfect romantic kiss .
Old 2022-04-03, 09:59   Link #969
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
This would have worked much better at the end of season 1 before the show added nonsense like idols and spent so much time and other girls instead of Lisha. Hearing "Lisha was so useful as a political tool" isn't really making me happy after seeing her being useless all this season.
IMO when an author is pulling a "destiny" card like that its because a ship is too weak or too divisive to sell to the audience otherwise. I see that Frontier and others are pretty satisfied with what we got but to me it was a result of the author utterly neglecting the pair in the present.

I guess the episode explained things on some level but the fact that the king went through all of one time loop before abdicating seems more pathetic than his behavior in the other timeline. This series has such a bizarre sense of values and humor, with stuff like using Carla as comic relief after making her a slave maid, or Excel drugging/hypnotizing Souma to get his kinkiest secrets.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 12:48   Link #970
velvet nightmare

Souma needs to recruit Liscia's mother, she's the most overpowered person in the kingdom (maybe the entire world), and it's not even close.

It's a bs explanation that the previous monarchs could cause instability given that it's pretty clear Souma's rule is absolute at this point given all his successes. He even has an assassination squad now to deal with it effectively.

It's also kind of funny everyone is happy that in the alternate timeline Souma and Liscia could have escaped. It's all moot because that timeline technically shouldn't exist anymore and thus never happened.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 12:50   Link #971
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
It's also kind of funny everyone is happy that in the alternate timeline Souma and Liscia could have escaped. It's all moot because that timeline technically shouldn't exist anymore and thus never happened.
Actually it’s hinted in the LN that timeline still exists as an alternate timeline
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 13:43   Link #972
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not only a confession but a kiss amidst fireworks and snow! Perfect romantic kiss .
We need Himuro and Yukimura to calculate the mood value for the kiss.
Old 2022-04-03, 14:03   Link #973
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Souma needs to recruit Liscia's mother, she's the most overpowered person in the kingdom (maybe the entire world), and it's not even close.
Not really. She can send information to other timelines, but she can't do anything about the one she's in.

Quote:
It's a bs explanation that the previous monarchs could cause instability given that it's pretty clear Souma's rule is absolute at this point given all his successes. He even has an assassination squad now to deal with it effectively.
Maybe. But they'd still be plot magnets, and Albert is too weak to just tell would be plotters to screw off. If he retires to the country, anyone who wants to see him will have to work at it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 14:05   Link #974
Huh...?

Quote:
Her power has restriction. It only activate, when she believes that she is about to die, and it could be triggered at will during that time of feeling, or automatically activate at the moment of incident. Which is why it isn't useful in normal situation.

Plus they are keeping her powers National Secret (with currently only 3 people knowing about it), so keeping the "Former Queen" close and in power would be odd to many.

Quote:
Its mostly to do with, if Albert stays in the Capital, someone might try to take advantage of his status as a Former King, which might cause issue with Souma's Rule (and we already know, how weak minded Albert is).

Quote:
Actually, Elisha's Power doesn't erase the other Timeline.
More accurately, her powers create or communicates with a "Alternate Timeline" which is different from her own Timeline.
Its like a Branching of Time with each decision, causing a different outcome each time (kind-off like what they did with Avenger's Movies).
So, each of the Timeline that Elisha had gone through all exists even now.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-04-03 at 15:51.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 16:28   Link #975
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Really like this episode. It justifies some iffy & sus decisions made by Albert early in the story and why Georg was so loyal to Soma without any meaningful interaction before the coup.

It's also in line with my previous comment some pages ago that Elfrieden's government is simply not smart enough to sustain itself before Soma came. Even Albert is a wuss by comparison. Soma was right to kill all the head families of the shady nobles even though he also must kill their children as per the rules. Still a (much) better result than the other timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Doesn't really matter whether he does or not anyways.
Well, I'm glad that the show actually agrees with me that Soma's confession to Liscia actually matters & important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I did get the impression that she only married one, single, man in each timeline, and Albert ended up the "winner" by virtue of being the only one who lasted longer than the rest and the only one she ended up having a child with.
It scares me to think just how incompetent the previous kings were before Albert. Like, Albert was such a mediocre king bordering on cowardly yet he was the best that Elisha picked? Just how much of long line of losers of husbands that Elisha had married to? Like, wow, either she has terrible taste for men or the kingdom simply lacked competent men at the time.

The above fact alone made you understand better why a lot of (noble) girls are thirsty for Soma.

All in all, I don't like giving sores for shows but I'll give this one 7/10 overall.
Old 2022-04-03, 16:36   Link #976
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

It was a great last episode. As a Light Novel reader they couldn't have ended at a better point.
Old 2022-04-03, 17:03   Link #977
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

It scares me to think just how incompetent the previous kings were before Albert. Like, Albert was such a mediocre king bordering on cowardly yet he was the best that Elisha picked? Just how much of long line of losers of husbands that Elisha had married to? Like, wow, either she has terrible taste for men or the kingdom simply lacked competent men at the time.
IIRC, they were competent... which was part of the problem. They went directly against the rot in the kingdom, but lost. The situation had deteriorated enough by the time they became kings that they just couldn't win. Albert was weak enough that he was left alone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 17:53   Link #978
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
IIRC, they were competent... which was part of the problem. They went directly against the rot in the kingdom, but lost. The situation had deteriorated enough by the time they became kings that they just couldn't win. Albert was weak enough that he was left alone.
Oh wow. Then I guess only Soma, Hakuya & "Kagetora" are the ones brave & smart enough to summarily execute those bastards in such convenient place without the need of trials whatsoever.
Old 2022-04-03, 22:22   Link #979
Frontier

Seems like the only characters with exceptional brain cells are Souma, Roroa, Hakuya...and I guess Georg since he orchestrated his own plot to root out the corruption
Old 2022-04-03, 22:29   Link #980
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How does that make any sense? If they are so unstoppable how did they fall for the whole "gather all the bad eggs in the rebellion bucket" and the ones left just stand there and let their throats be cut?

This is the most extreme case of everyone in the world is a moron except for Soma in the show and that is saying something with how heavily it has been playing that card. Elisha should have known what needed to be done if she had to just marry a sock-puppet to do it. Which to be honest is the only reason I see to marry Albert but apparently she just let the idiot be controlled by everyone else.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote