AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2008-04-12, 09:45   Link #541
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

If i could help you i'd put the address of a site i know in italics like this, or tags, but i think the moderator would frown on any website mentioned. *ahem*. Anyhow, there are only a few differences between the manga and anime upto about 20, but there is some argument over the difference of Galatea's arrival in the slashers, but that's about it. I must admit i've never seen claymore in a bookstore, but i live in a marsh, so it's hardly metropolitan, i was introduced to it by my housemates at university after we were all drunk and pumped up from watching metalocalypse on adult swim. I'd advise reading right from the start to get a good feel if you've got the time, you won't get too derailed by the differences then. The Teresa arc is many peoples favourite, but all the action and plot begins around the slashers, after that it's the war in the north that became the let down in the anime. The manga is still ongoing, and this month had no scene so lots of people are getting withdrawal but the story continues to about 78, and the invasion of pieta was around 55ish so it's not too long.
Good luck on your search, happy to help however i can, send me a message if you really, still need help...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 11:00   Link #542
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
If i could help you i'd put the address of a site i know in italics like this, or tags, but i think the moderator would frown on any website mentioned. *ahem*. Anyhow, there are only a few differences between the manga and anime upto about 20, but there is some argument over the difference of Galatea's arrival in the slashers, but that's about it. I must admit i've never seen claymore in a bookstore, but i live in a marsh, so it's hardly metropolitan, i was introduced to it by my housemates at university after we were all drunk and pumped up from watching metalocalypse on adult swim. I'd advise reading right from the start to get a good feel if you've got the time, you won't get too derailed by the differences then. The Teresa arc is many peoples favourite, but all the action and plot begins around the slashers, after that it's the war in the north that became the let down in the anime. The manga is still ongoing, and this month had no scene so lots of people are getting withdrawal but the story continues to about 78, and the invasion of pieta was around 55ish so it's not too long.
Good luck on your search, happy to help however i can, send me a message if you really, still need help...

well thanks for the info and all btw you really helped me understand the anime really... I'd be glad to pm you if I deed to know something so thx ^_^

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 12:53   Link #543
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraidude View Post
so.. I am still looking for it.. and if I eventually found the manga online or some bookstore that sells manga... what chapter should I best to start???
Actually that question is a bit complicated since there are some changes from manga to anime. We have a whole thread to explain the answer, but 95% of the information is in the second post here.

Short answer: Ignore episodes 24-26 since they don't occur in the manga at all. Then start reading the manga with volume 11. Be wary though that there were several differences in the manga which might confuse you if you don't read the long answer. Or else you could just read the manga from the beginning so that you don't get confused.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 14:43   Link #544
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i read on Wiki that relationship between Clare and Raki is uncertain - or is it romantic or fraternal, but why does it say this, when Raki is just a little boy, Clare is a grown woman i would say more like a parental relationship ( mother - son )
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 15:04   Link #545
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
i read on Wiki that relationship between Clare and Raki is uncertain - or is it romantic or fraternal, but why does it say this, when Raki is just a little boy, Clare is a grown woman i would say more like a parental relationship ( mother - son )
I'm not sure if you read the manga,

Spoiler for possible spoiler for someone who hasn't read the manga yet:

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-04-28 at 18:07.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 15:09   Link #546
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

no i haven't read it yet, i just saw that sentence and it disturb me a little bit. So in anime he is still 14-15 years old? He only gets older in manga right?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2008-04-28, 15:11   Link #547
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
no i haven't read it yet, i just saw that sentence and it disturb me a little bit. So in anime he is still 14-15 years old? He only gets older in manga right?
I edited it a little bit in my post above.

Edit: I also highly advise you to read the manga if you like the series. IMO, it is much better done than the anime, and much more is revealed even in the parts that the anime tries to cover faithfully.

For more answers on that, you should read this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55320
Old 2008-04-28, 15:37   Link #548
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

one last question for now .... Will Claymore have season 2? as far i as i watched it doesn't completely ends with ep 26
Old 2008-04-28, 15:47   Link #549
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
one last question for now .... Will Claymore have season 2? as far i as i watched it doesn't completely ends with ep 26
Keep asking away, that is what this forum is here for .

Many have speculated that there will be no season 2 for Claymore.

The main reason being that the anime has tried to follow the manga in the past.

The problem with that is that the manga is a monthly, unlike other mangas that come out weekly. And the author pretty much writes it solo. He has assistants, but he does much of the story and artwork himself. It's his baby.

What you saw in the anime pretty much covered material written over a 5 year period by the author.

If the anime wanted to keep following the manga, it would have to wait for years more to have enough material in it to make it into a full season.

Another reason is the ending for the anime. The ending in the anime never happened in the manga. There are some pretty large differences, but I'll let you read that in the link I posted above which should explain things more clearly.

It is possible to make a season 2 using season 1's ending, and go in a totally different route from the manga, but there are concerns that the quality won't be as great as season 1's if it drifts away from this pretty good story.

I don't think there will be a season 2, or at least not for years anyways. Claymore OVAs could be a possiblity, and that is something I am hoping for. I have heard nothing about that kind of thing for Claymore though.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-05-04 at 19:50.
Old 2008-05-09, 09:15   Link #550
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I can't remember Alicia's awakened form. Can someone please post an image?
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 00:41   Link #551
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
I can't remember Alicia's awakened form. Can someone please post an image?
Spoiler for saving space:
Old 2008-05-15, 15:44   Link #552
Touka
Air, reason, revered.
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Anime - Episode 17:
Touka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 18:47   Link #553
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touka View Post
Spoiler for Anime - Episode 17:
Spoiler for ep 17:
Old 2008-06-10, 20:39   Link #554
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

does the org give the orphan girls they train their own names?

and another thing, since claymores don't eat alot but when they awaken, i wonder they make up for all the meals they missed by going on a eating fenzy? *laughs* im guessing, yes, anyone think the same?
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 21:06   Link #555
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
does the org give the orphan girls they train their own names?

and another thing, since claymores don't eat alot but when they awaken, i wonder they make up for all the meals they missed by going on a eating fenzy? *laughs* im guessing, yes, anyone think the same?
Well, the world of Claymore doesn't seem to have surnames, so I'll say that the names belonged to the girls themselves, before they were in the org. So far, we haven't seen a case where two girls had the same name.

As for eating frenzies, only Helen has been shown to be interested in F&D.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 21:12   Link #556
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

@ vezhanquan - i meant it by when a claymore truly awakens and start eating people.
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 21:16   Link #557
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
@ vezhanquan - i meant it by when a claymore truly awakens and start eating people.
For Awakened Beings, I believe we don't have a consensus. Priscilla was the one doing most of the killing, while the rest don't seem to have eaten anyone on-screen.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 10:12   Link #558
hyperviper

are there gonna b new episodes for da anime?
hyperviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 10:45   Link #559
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperviper View Post
are there gonna b new episodes for da anime?
not likely, the series in itself is finished (and due to the way they ended it they don't have no reason to make a 2nd season) unless theres a remake
evil_kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 04:08   Link #560
ABUBI

Send a message via MSN to ABUBI
obviously,the story in the anime is kinda like 'hanging' and we all know that its not over.There might be a season 2,depending on how the madhouse's crew put back the story to the original position.It will be a challange for them definitely......oh,how i i wish i can watch more since claymore is really driving me crazy.26 eps just wasnt enough at all.
ABUBI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a