Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-11, 14:37   Link #121
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd much rather they rushed through it instead of showing us the sordid details. It wasn't interesting, just painful and tedious. And if it meant only doing half an ep on it, good.

BTW, does somebody know what happens to the other orphans? Does Lugh see to it they're provided for (especially after losing their leader) or are they completely forgotten once they've served their purpose in a sidekick's tragic backstory?
Lugh plans to open a business to cover his trader persona. I presume, he will just hire them and put Maha in charge. It will be the most logical decision as it will help to keep Mahas loyalty+why wasting the assets.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 17:28   Link #122
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Wow, this show really doesn't pull any punches. I was surprised to see the blood dripping down Noine's thighs.
At what time does this scene appear?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 17:54   Link #123
Strahan

I was waiting for Maha to be like "ojii-sama, please rescue my friends!". Surprised that didn't happen. As mentioned prior, I'm sure he'll end up hiring them for his business or something. I'd be shocked if she doesn't push for something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
At what time does this scene appear?
14:22
Spoiler:

Crap, forgot to scale it down. Ah well, I'm too lazy lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 22:12   Link #124
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I was waiting for Maha to be like "ojii-sama, please rescue my friends!". Surprised that didn't happen. As mentioned prior, I'm sure he'll end up hiring them for his business or something. I'd be shocked if she doesn't push for something like that.

14:22
Spoiler:

Crap, forgot to scale it down. Ah well, I'm too lazy lol
To be fair, at first she was just overwhelmed and couldn't speak, and when he invited her to come home with him everything had already been settled. One can reasonably assume that the officials who just arrested the people who'd been raping and whoring the girls out made sure that their situation now is going to be much more stable and caring toward them (not to mention that he'd already demonstrated that he'd looked in on the girls from the fact that he'd erased Noine's scars).

On a different note, it kind of feels weird when series make characters look so much older than they really are. Maha most certainly doesn't look anywhere near twelve. It makes me even more curious as to what age the rest are supposed to be, since the animators don't seem to care to make a girl approaching junior high look any different from a girl approaching college age.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-12, 06:14   Link #125
Marina2

Preview for next ep. is up
https://twitter.com/ansatsu_kizoku/s...94057271656448

One of the images gives away the answers to something we are wondering from ep.6
Old 2021-11-12, 10:35   Link #126
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, sort of figured they'd end up as maids or employees of some kind. For a kind person, there's no way they'd leave people who'd been through such hell in such a vulnerable position. For a pragmatic person who's focused on a goal, such potential assets would be a real waste to discard, especially when they too likely harbor strong feelings of loyalty and indebtedness toward him thanks to him saving them as well and healing their scars.
Old 2021-11-12, 10:57   Link #127
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah, sort of figured they'd end up as maids or employees of some kind. For a kind person, there's no way they'd leave people who'd been through such hell in such a vulnerable position. For a pragmatic person who's focused on a goal, such potential assets would be a real waste to discard, especially when they too likely harbor strong feelings of loyalty and indebtedness toward him thanks to him saving them as well and healing their scars.
Yeah, but that's the kind of detail I'd have appreciated having more of instead of guessing, and, again, instead of details about how horrible their ordeal was.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-12, 11:10   Link #128
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but that's the kind of detail I'd have appreciated having more of instead of guessing, and, again, instead of details about how horrible their ordeal was.
I mean, if it's established in the next episode I think it's pretty fair.
Old 2021-11-12, 22:52   Link #129
Strahan

Quote:
On a different note, it kind of feels weird when series make characters look so much older than they really are. Maha most certainly doesn't look anywhere near twelve. It makes me even more curious as to what age the rest are supposed to be, since the animators don't seem to care to make a girl approaching junior high look any different from a girl approaching college age.
No doubt. That's like an anime staple it seems; soooo many series making tweens look like they are late teens instead heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-12, 23:41   Link #130
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
No doubt. That's like an anime staple it seems; soooo many series making tweens look like they are late teens instead heh.
I keep forgetting the cast of certain anime are supposed to be middle schoolers when they're depicted the same as anime high schoolers .
Old 2021-11-13, 00:32   Link #131
Marina2

I feel that when it come to rating and censorship in anime/manga media, authority care more about how the character looks than how old they actually are. This is to prevent the case like an author create a loli character but say she's 1,000 years old goddess so she can engage in any sexual act.

In the opposite, if you make a twelve year old character but draw them to look like a young adult , no authority will complain.
Old 2021-11-14, 07:24   Link #132
Calca
Expressionless

I think my mouth was just open in shock for most of this episode.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 11:00   Link #133
Frontier

Illig's found himself a comfortable spot in his new adoptive family and making good use of their resources both for his assassination efforts and even the industry of the Tuatha De .

Maha has also been adopted into the family and is Illig's "sister," so yeah, she's now become the adoptive sister who has the hots for her brother. I guess we've got her as the "little sister" to Dia's "big sister" .

How do you make a splash in the cosmetic industry with so many competitors? Why, invent moisturizer of course! It was even enough to get his adoptive mother, who hates him because she thinks he's the illegitimate child of her husband, to accept him because he improved her skin which she's so concerned about she covers her face up. She still hates him and thinks he's the son of a whore though .

Lugh now returns home to home-cooked meals to two loyal, beautiful, girls who spend their nights with him in nightdresses (Tarte with her hair down). And Lugh is aware they're in love with him. At least he's self-aware about his Harem status, and uses it to affirm their loyalty .

It's nice to see Maha working Illig's shop with her friends .

Of course a spy would come after Illig because he knows the secret to the moisturizer, but Tarte and Maha are there to make quick work of the spy. Maha is also now finally sporting her skintight catsuit that shows off her body, boobs, and butt quite well .

Nothing quite like having two cute girls playing good cop, bad cop, as they torture you

We see the Goddess now recruiting the world's greatest DJ to try and kill the Hero, even becoming a DJ herself and engaging in a rap battle. Somehow I'm not surprised that one didn't work out .

Lugh is still making the time to visit Dia and spend time with her, while Tarte and Maha feel lonely and find comfort in each other while they're away. Lugh is still getting powerful spells from Dia, but you definitely get the sense that, as much as he's "all according to plan" and seems cold and pragmatic in everything he does, he genuinely visits Dia because he wants to see her. And, of course, Dia wants to see him. And then we get a montage where it's like Lugh is spending time with his 1st wife while the 2nd and 3rd are enjoying each other's company .

Well, Lugh may say it's "all according to plan" but he still has hormones and feelings like a normal boy, and all that time with Dia and sleeping with two beautiful women is enough to get him erect and get Tarte and Maha chomping at the bit to take care of him. Lucky dog .
Old 2021-11-17, 12:29   Link #134
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Nice ep and nice to see all the girls doing well. That said, having read several manga that take a serious, studied look at certain things makes me really notice when series like this sort of toss trauma like rape aside too easily. For instance, I can't help but find it a little surprising that girls who spent years getting makeup plastered on them right before getting taken to "clients" would be so happy to wear makeup now. Given what they'd been through I'd generally expect some problems, so while it's nice to see them so happy and peaceful it's also a little odd. That said, working in a store frequented almost exclusively by women probably does help.

Anyway, Tart and Maha are really something. It's quite clear that they have absolutely no qualms about torture and murder, especially when it's toward someone who meant to harm Lugh. But um, Frontier, "Good cop, bad cop"? Which one was supposed to be the "good cop"? And they've grown quite brazen as well; not surprising the moment they found out "that" has started to happen they started asking to be in charge of "helping" him with it. Well, as I said before, realistically I'd expect him to be OK or even welcome this, as seduction and sex is just as valuable a skill in an assassin's arsenal as any. A person who's thinking with their lower regions is less likely to take notice of anything odd happening, and much more likely to provide openings. There are even assassins who deliberately make that a core aspect of their methodology. He's bound to be rusty at this point, so having a couple of partners with which to practice would be useful.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-11-17 at 13:05.
Old 2021-11-17, 13:23   Link #135
Marina2

Images
ED evolution (ep.5-7)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-11-17, 14:27   Link #136
Frontier

Quote:
Nice ep and nice to see all the girls doing well. That said, having read several manga that take a serious, studied look at certain things makes me really notice when series like this sort of toss trauma like rape aside too easily. For instance, I can't help but find it a little surprising that girls who spent years getting makeup plastered on them right before getting taken to "clients" would be so happy to wear makeup now. Given what they'd been through I'd generally expect some problems, so while it's nice to see them so happy and peaceful it's also a little odd. That said, working in a store frequented almost exclusively by women probably does help.
I think the difference is now they get to really be girls on their own term instead of being forced to pretty up for the sake of selling themselves.
Quote:
Anyway, Tart and Maha are really something. It's quite clear that they have absolutely no qualms about torture and murder, especially when it's toward someone who meant to harm Lugh. But um, Frontier, "Good cop, bad cop"? Which one was supposed to be the "good cop"? And they've grown quite brazen as well; not surprising the moment they found out "that" has started to happen they started asking to be in charge of "helping" him with it. Well, as I said before, realistically I'd expect him to be OK or even welcome this, as seduction and sex is just as valuable a skill in an assassin's arsenal as any. A person who's thinking with their lower regions is less likely to take notice of anything odd happening, and much more likely to provide openings. There are even assassins who deliberately make that a core aspect of their methodology. He's bound to be rusty at this point, so having a couple of partners with which to practice would be useful.
Tarte, if only because she wanted to keep the guy thinking he might survive if he talked .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Images
ED evolution (ep.5-7)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dia growing up but getting sadder that Lugh is showing up less and less .
Old 2021-11-17, 15:39   Link #137
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think the difference is now they get to really be girls on their own term instead of being forced to pretty up for the sake of selling themselves.
I suppose. But as I said, people who'd lived that long in such a state would very likely have a lot of problems to deal with. Reading stories that actually show characters demonstrating their continued trauma makes me notice when they don't. And yeah, it could be that they're happy to be able to do these things and sort of take control of their looks to make themselves look the way they want. I still can't help but suspect though that they might have at least flinched the first one or two times they put makeup on.

Quote:
Tarte, if only because she wanted to keep the guy thinking he might survive if he talked .
Actually you have that off. Maha sadistically asked whether he'd like them to let him live after he talks or torture him to death regardless of whether he talks, warning that his choice would effect how much they "break" him. Tart then angrily asks if she really plans to let someone who'd hurt Lugh live, and Maha responded that she just thought she'd ask. Tart was 100% "I'm going to kill you", Maha asked if he wanted to live but admitted she just thought she'd ask. Both were quite clear that they intended to kill him quick once they got what they wanted.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-11-17 at 15:50.
Old 2021-11-17, 17:11   Link #138
Frontier

Quote:
I suppose. But as I said, people who'd lived that long in such a state would very likely have a lot of problems to deal with. Reading stories that actually show characters demonstrating their continued trauma makes me notice when they don't. And yeah, it could be that they're happy to be able to do these things and sort of take control of their looks to make themselves look the way they want. I still can't help but suspect though that they might have at least flinched the first one or two times they put makeup on.
I guess it goes back to the first episode where Dia reassured that girl begging them not to put makeup on her that girls should look pretty, it just shouldn't be with the intention of exploiting them. And in some ways being and looking more normal or pretty without the fear of being abused might be therapeutic for them, because they deserve that. But that's just my takeaway.
Quote:
Actually you have that off. Maha sadistically asked whether he'd like them to let him live after he talks or torture him to death regardless of whether he talks, warning that his choice would effect how much they "break" him. Tart then angrily asks if she really plans to let someone who'd hurt Lugh live, and Maha responded that she just thought she'd ask. Tart was 100% "I'm going to kill you", Maha asked if he wanted to live but admitted she just thought she'd ask. Both were quite clear that they intended to kill him quick once they got what they wanted.
Sounds like Maha was the good cop then .
Old 2021-11-17, 17:39   Link #139
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah that does make sense. I do agree it could be a good way to cope by taking control of their looks. Particularly since they do look a lot different. Instead of thick makeup and garish red lipstick a light pink is much prettier. And making themselves up in such simple ways that bring out a gentle inner beauty could be a good way to take back control and make them feel confident about themselves.
Old 2021-11-17, 23:12   Link #140
VDZ

Quote:
Well, as I said before, realistically I'd expect him to be OK or even welcome this, as seduction and sex is just as valuable a skill in an assassin's arsenal as any. A person who's thinking with their lower regions is less likely to take notice of anything odd happening, and much more likely to provide openings. There are even assassins who deliberately make that a core aspect of their methodology. He's bound to be rusty at this point, so having a couple of partners with which to practice would be useful.
On the other hand, if they end up getting pregnant they'd be out of commission for a while (and physical changes caused by going through a pregnancy are also unlikely to help with assassination work). So this would only really be feasible if they have reliable contraceptives in that setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's not on their own terms, though. Maha explicitly points out to Noine that she needs to put on makeup to look good for their customers. They're not getting prostituted anymore, but the makeup still isn't of their own volition.

That said, we don't see them until six months into the job. It might be that they just got used to it in that time.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote