AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 13:13   Link #321
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

My question is: where's Chihiro? Is she in Australia or in Japan? And if it's Japan, has she been cured, or are they taking a big chance by being so far apart?

The sign on the wall at the railway station in ep1 was definitely a Japanese sign, but I guess that could have just been an error, or localized for the audience.

I guess any answer may count as spoilerable speculation.

To tell the truth, I was still dubious after episode one. I thought they might have been joking about Australia. (NOTE: I mean that Renji might have been joking, not that posters here were.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-16 at 14:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 13:54   Link #322
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My question is: where's Chihiro? Is she in Australia or in Japan? And if it's Japan, has she been cured, or are they taking a big chance by being so far apart?
She's in Australia. By "cured", you mean her memory problem? If so, nope. She still lives by her diary, unless they changed that for anime.

Quote:
The sign on the wall at the railway station in ep1 was definitely a Japanese sign, but I guess that could have just been an error, or localized for the audience.
It's the latter case, I guess.

Quote:
To tell the truth, I was still dubious after episode one. I thought they might have been joking about Australia.
Actually the anime already makes it clear by stating it right in the first episode. In the game, they don't tell you it's Australia till the very end.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:04   Link #323
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
In the game, they don't tell you it's Australia till the very end.
What a twist!!!

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-10-17 at 00:42.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:36   Link #324
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Really enjoyed episode 2...

Spoiler for just in case?:
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 04:35   Link #325
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

May I know what does everyone think of Chihiro's sub efforts for Episode 2? I've seen many people giving Chihiro flak with other series for not doing karaokes, typsetting, fonts, quality of the video (which I personally find the least important) and finally, bad translations and timing. These last two aspects are the most important for me, and I've heard that Chihiro's subs were, er, left something to be desired. I read in their website that they're gonna go full out on EF, and I appreciate that they're pooling time into it, but could anyone verify if the translations are at least dead on, starting from Episode 2?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 05:09   Link #326
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
May I know what does everyone think of Chihiro's sub efforts for Episode 2? I've seen many people giving Chihiro flak with other series for not doing karaokes, typsetting, fonts, quality of the video (which I personally find the least important) and finally, bad translations and timing. These last two aspects are the most important for me, and I've heard that Chihiro's subs were, er, left something to be desired. I read in their website that they're gonna go full out on EF, and I appreciate that they're pooling time into it, but could anyone verify if the translations are at least dead on, starting from Episode 2?
This isn't the thread to be asking or answering questions like that, sorry.
Old 2008-10-17, 10:02   Link #327
Vegard Aune

*Just finished watching the second episode*
In general, it seems like most of what I'd say has already been said, so I'll just mention one thing I noticed... That text in the eyecatchers... Is that "Eternal Feather" translated into german? The english translation at least matches up with the lyrics from that song. I didn't notice it in episode 1, because I only saw the "pre-release" of that one, so it didn't have those lines translated. (Though being that they're german, and not japanese, I'm not sure if I like that they ARE translated in the first place...)

Oh, and the subbing for the opening made it completely impossible for me to take it seriously... I agree with... Some guy... there's no way that the singer actually SAID "I wish I could see your insides".
Old 2008-10-17, 17:11   Link #328
Keruri
Like a falling star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Actually, on the second-to-the-last line, it sounds more like
"You know what our lives would have been".

What do you think?
Hmm. Listening to it again, you're most likely correct. That was the line I had the most difficult time translating, to be honest. Thank you!
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 23:05   Link #329
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

Another episode with about a million things in it, ranging from meaningful dialogue to symbolisms. The backstory about Yuu and Yuuko's time in the orphanage was so well done (Asc has already pointed out the parallels between their story and that of Kei and Hirono) but the thing that I'm most interested in so far is Kuze, and exactly what the meaning of his dream is. The imagery of the entire scene, and the two Kuze's talking in abstractions to the rhythm of a metronome was so highly creative (this show is packed to the rafters with creativity) and I'm really looking forward to finding out just what it all means.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 02:51   Link #330
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
Hmm. Listening to it again, you're most likely correct. That was the line I had the most difficult time translating, to be honest. Thank you!
No problem.
It's kind of ironic that I'm a (if not the) music blogger as well, and I haven't gotten any lyrics in Engrish right yet XD

Last edited by thenightsshadow; 2008-10-18 at 03:17.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 07:23   Link #331
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Despite this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This isn't the thread to be asking or answering questions like that, sorry.
I'm gonna say my opinion anyway: In general, they're doing a pretty good job, even though I can't take the opening seriously with the lyrics they put up. Ugh, why does the one part of the episode where I actually want to turn the subtitles off also have to be the only part that's hardsubbed?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself View Post
That text in the eyecatchers... Is that "Eternal Feather" translated into german? The english translation at least matches up with the lyrics from that song.
Going by my inherent ability to recognise some german words due to them being similar to the same words in norwegian, it seems that the opening also shows the lyrics for that song in the background, though I don't think ALL of the text was from that song. Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for someone who actually understands german properly, and who bothers to put up a translation before I can be entirely sure.

EDIT AGAIN:
On second thought, no need to. I wrote down the words and typed them into Google Translator, and figured some of it out...
Spoiler for Lengthy summary of all the stuff I've figured out so far:

Going by the fact that everything I've found so far is either from "Eternal Feather" or "Emotional Flutter", I can only assume that there's also some stuff from "Euphoric Field" and "Ever Forever" in there too.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-10-18 at 09:44.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 10:01   Link #332
yjs

I think the show is trying to incorporate 'creativity' into the dialogue and art that it's starting to become a little excessive and preventing the actual plot from being understood properly. But I guess the target audience of this show are people who have actually played the game or have immediate access to it.

The relationships being played out in tale of melodies is just not as compelling as they were in the first season, although we're only up to episode 2... No explanation has been given about the Chihiro, and what's up with Renji? And what about the other couple?

The Kuze hallucination (?) scenes are beyond weird and I have no idea what they are meant to symbolise. School-age Yuu seems like your typical emo-for-no-reason male lead who's too stupid to realise that girls are chasing him left right and centre.

I hope this show becomes better, because I really enjoyed the first season. But right now I'm very confused about everything and the artistic imagery is not helping. Don't get started about Otowa being in Australia... God damn that is trippy.
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 10:13   Link #333
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
The relationships being played out in tale of melodies is just not as compelling as they were in the first season, although we're only up to episode 2... No explanation has been given about the Chihiro, and what's up with Renji? And what about the other couple?
They aren't the focus anymore. Their stories are over. Though maybe they'll get some time anyway. And like you said, this is only episode 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
The Kuze hallucination (?) scenes are beyond weird and I have no idea what they are meant to symbolise. School-age Yuu seems like your typical emo-for-no-reason male lead who's too stupid to realise that girls are chasing him left right and centre.
"Typical" and "emo" aside, how's "lost his parents, watched his sister die in a fire while she called out to him, and had to work to support himself since no one else would take him" for a reason?
Old 2008-10-18, 13:01   Link #334
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:22   Link #335
Traece
:cool:

I actually got a nice hard laugh out of Kuze's music joke in this episode.

Honestly, I was in the same place as Mizuki when he was rambling on about his first love.

He threw out such an obvious hint too with the dad's name, and I learned something today. The two-hundred years comment was another hilarious hint. But when he said 'metronome' I just burst into laughter. I was as clueless as poor Mizuki until he said what his first love actually was.

The rest of it was all ok. The whole thing on the rooftop was cute as well. Mizuki's little thing at the end wasn't as enjoyable though. It was a little to blunt for my tastes.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:36   Link #336
Solafighter
Hige

Nice episode.

Im looking forward to the next one.
The series is going to be better and better, like expected from the makers of Tale of memories.
Old 2008-10-18, 14:14   Link #337
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just love how Kuze's 'two mask scene' was so Utena.
Old 2008-10-18, 21:26   Link #338
Liingo
Love Hina?

Just watched the Chihiro sub of episode 2. As far as I can tell, their subs seem to be fairly accurate, which is good as I won't have to wait as long to watch each new episode

Good episode altogether, with lots of information to flesh out the characters. The Kuze X Mizugi pair looks to be the more interesting of the two so far. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, especially as it seems that Kuze has some terminal heart condition.

I don't think I've seen anyone else say it yet, but the naming convention seems to be following that of the first season, just that this time they're going backwards (See Below).

E
B
U
L
I
E
N
T

F
U
T

Union
Read
Ever (Ep 1)

14 characters total, exactly the same as the first season.

Looking forward to discussing the rest of the series with you all.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 03:28   Link #339
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Much appreciation from me for replying to my questions regarding Chihiro. I usually do a bit of research about the fansub groups I intend to follow, and no one seemed to discuss much about the translations (usually flaming on other less relevant issues). I'm relieved that their works are fairly accurate even with their speed. (Cross fingers that it'll be consistent.)
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 08:19   Link #340
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I actually got a nice hard laugh out of Kuze's music joke in this episode.

Honestly, I was in the same place as Mizuki when he was rambling on about his first love.

He threw out such an obvious hint too with the dad's name, and I learned something today. The two-hundred years comment was another hilarious hint. But when he said 'metronome' I just burst into laughter. I was as clueless as poor Mizuki until he said what his first love actually was.

The rest of it was all ok. The whole thing on the rooftop was cute as well. Mizuki's little thing at the end wasn't as enjoyable though. It was a little to blunt for my tastes.
I don't know. I rather like Mizuki's bluntness. That's basically all of her charm. Like blunting Kuze's head. All literal, not too much room for philosophizing, etc. I guess in a way, she's the perfect counterpart to Kuze who obviously thinks too deeply because of his illness and his self realization of multiple personalities and identities. Mizuki has NONE of those. So I think even her bluntness and the seeming flatness of her scenes serves a real purpose.

I think ep 2 did a great job of bringing a lot of background stuff under wraps for the most part. Now until the time something terrible happens to Yuuko..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft