AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-15, 17:49   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If they're getting this worked up over who gets to have Rentarou's first kiss, how are they even going to handle his first time? Because there really can only be one of them who can be his first, and by the time they reach that point he'll probably have 50 girlfriends... The concept is really fun but even as a comedy, having one guy juggle 100 girlfriends is just impossible. I wonder if the author will come up with a cop out like cloning eventually.

Karane stuttering while saying watashi and turning it into a Hokuto no Ken reference was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Vice principal Orochimaru is the stuff of nightmares.
You said it... I hope she has an extremely minor role.
Old 2023-10-15, 19:57   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If they're getting this worked up over who gets to have Rentarou's first kiss, how are they even going to handle his first time? Because there really can only be one of them who can be his first, and by the time they reach that point he'll probably have 50 girlfriends... The concept is really fun but even as a comedy, having one guy juggle 100 girlfriends is just impossible. I wonder if the author will come up with a cop out like cloning eventually.
Maybe they just blindfold everybody and turn it into a Harem orgy ?
Old 2023-10-15, 21:31   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Karane stuttering while saying watashi and turning it into a Hokuto no Ken reference was hilarious.

You said it... I hope she has an extremely minor role.
I guess for Rentaro's sake he'll have to hope that like the first kiss...the first time happens while the number of girlfriends is still remotely manageable. Everyone coming in after has to give up on his first kiss since that's gone. So the same would go with his first time.

Not that I can imagine how they'd make that work even with a half dozen amount of girlfriends .

I am curious how they'll handle this as time goes on. The guy is remotely earnest and gives his all. But we're talking 100 people here! There's only so much of him to go around! But that's also a problem for down the road. I'll have fun with the chaos and wish the creator the best of luck for figuring that out.

And god...I'm with you on hoping that Vice-Principal's role is minor. Absolute nightmare fuel. Some horror series have less terrifying creatures in them.
Old 2023-10-16, 06:29   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe they just blindfold everybody and turn it into a Harem orgy ?
Would the blindfolds matter? They'd know instantly if they hit the jackpot

There's really no good solution like the one they came up with here. They'll most likely have to draw lots to decide the order, since there's no way Rentarou himself would show favoritism for one of them. And the two we have right now would definitely want to be his first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And god...I'm with you on hoping that Vice-Principal's role is minor. Absolute nightmare fuel. Some horror series have less terrifying creatures in them.
She isn't nicknamed after a youkai for nothing (turbo babaa, those who read Dandadan are familiar with her).
Old 2023-10-17, 22:02   Link #45
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The 100 Girlfriends. First Kiss

Well, I have to give it to Rentarō for coming up with such an ingenious plan so as to make the most of his and his girlfriends first kiss experience, even though Murphy's Law kept triggering over and over at each attempt with hilarious results.

I didn't think Rentarō's groin could take that much punishment from Karanes' punches, BTW.

And, Rentarō met his third soulmate at the end of the episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 09:22   Link #46
Zolton

Shizuka episode.

I'm not crying, I just forgot how to stop tears, that's all.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 09:35   Link #47
Frontier

Dreaming of a storybook fantasy romance? Well, meeting your soulmate in a library as he's already in a two-timing relationship kind of fits the bill, eh Shizuka ?

Shizuka! The shy, awkward, but so endearingly cute bookworm girlfriend voiced by Maria Nagasawa who has trouble speaking in public and can only communicate through lines from her favorite novel she knows cover-to-cover, and she's just so sweet and adorable .

(I wonder how many girlfriends are in Rentaro's class that he just hasn't noticed yet ?)

I love how Hakari and Karane's sub-plot while Rentaro is bonding with Shizuka is arguing over who gets to cook what for him .

I love how Shizuka gives her own book to Rentaro when all the romance novels she picked up for him can't be checked out without a library card, especially since said book is her favorite. And what's sweeter than having the two of them be projected into the protagonists of a romance novel ?

I simply have to know what happens to Io and Kamakura! Do they get together!? How does volume 2 even end!? What's in volume 3 !?

Shizuka is just waiting for the day Rentaro talks to her again, only for days to go by and she sees him getting chummy with his other girlfriends...even getting cheek kisses (and a classic Karane headbutt). It just makes he realize she never had a chance with him because of how her inability to speak made her ostracized from others, including her own mother rejecting her and being abusive. Poor Shizuka-chan .

But you can always count on Rentaro! A man among men who will personally transcribe an entire novel sleepless night after sleepless night into a text-to-speech app just so it's more convenient for Shizuka to talk to people. Not because he wants to force Shizuka to speech, but because he wants to make things easier for her. And the only way Shizuka can respond is to confess to him, even if she thinks it's hopeless. But this is a story where there are no losing Heroines or heartbreak, and Rentaro confesses and accepts her with lines from the novel! Absolutely perfect !

Oh yeah, he has to sell the other two on the new girlfriend. I mean, Hakari's fine as long as he doesn't dump her, and if Rentaro plans to love his girlfriends even more to make up for the growing numbers, I guess it works. Otherwise he'll just kill himself with a gangsta knife. But hey, three down, 97 more to go !
Old 2023-10-22, 09:53   Link #48
EroKing

"Love is like fossil fuels - dark and messy." - EroKing 2023.
Old 2023-10-22, 16:20   Link #49
Dark Wing

I feel for Shizuka. I too had a similar upbringing of people berating me for not being "normal" enough and I was expected to carry myself a certain way.
Old 2023-10-22, 17:57   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Don't let this episode fool you, this is first and foremost a comedy. Looking back, Shizuka's introduction really was special.
Old 2023-10-22, 23:37   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

That was some beautiful stuff right there. Obviously each girl is going to be distinct and have their own flare. It's good and fine for Hakari and Karane to not be overly dramatic in terms of backstories. They each fit their own category and Shizuka's story happens to be full of drama. The quiet girl that very much suffered due to people treating her so badly. All about different flavours.

The beautiful moments were good. Though Karane's "did your brain rot away" was purely gold. I mean Rentaro can't exactly blame that kind of reaction. And yet the fact he could press forward despite...that expression was pretty great. I love how both girls react in extreme ways but it reflects their concerns. Karane was all offence while Hakari was more "you've found a new love but you aren't going to throw us into the trash, thank goodness!" Definitely had to be on top of things in that moment.

Full respect though. Just transcribing the book like that had to be a crazy amount of work. But that he did it on a phone is mindblowing to me. Pretty sure my hand would just plain fall off if I tried that!

Not just the girls with their lives on the line here! If Rentaro fails to make them happy he'll end himself!
Old 2023-10-23, 01:08   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh yes, the can't-speak-properly character. The best character trait to give a character if you want to ensure they aren't popular
...Anyways, stick to the comedy *yawn*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-23, 10:20   Link #53
HandofFate

I guess its nice that Rentaro accepts her for who she is...but speech impediments are a thing, and there are ways to work on it. Obviously not in the bullying or berating way of the mother, but don't think enabling it in this way is healthy either.
Maybe she will open up later and actually release her voice as growth for her character.

Now its to see her interactions with the other girls to see how they dynamic changes and if its entertaining enough.
Old 2023-10-26, 16:23   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The 100 Girlfriends. The Quiet Princess, the Knight, and the Samurai

Enter the shy mute and cutie bookworm, Shizuka Yoshimoto.

I do get why as of now she gets the most cutesy appeal, because her small frame coupled with her partially untidy hair, and big eyes do emphasize strongly her shyness at first glance.

Her past only disclosed the after effects of her verbal communications issues. For example, getting bullied and ostracized by her peers at middle school and to continue to endure abuse from her mother.

The story is long ways to go to pinpoint exactly the root of her speech impediment which could be attribute to different factors, but I'm letting her be off the hook since she deserves Rentarō's chilvary.

The first time I watched the episode I could not figure out the app Rentarō downloaded for Shizuka. The second time around with this episode is that he went that far to transcribe Shizuka's favorite, romance level to digital format and downloaded into an app so that Shizuka can intuitively engage people through the app without looking away from other peoples' eyes.

So, Rentarō not only notifies of but also presents Shizuka to both Karane and Hakari in person to let them know she's to be his third love mate along with the two of them.

So he now upgraded to three-timing, converting his love triangle into a harem.

Okay? Why do I feel I already watched this scene beforehand in another show?
Old 2023-10-29, 09:41   Link #55
Frontier

The girls should just understand by now that they're probably just going to be collecting quirky girls at this point. But at least they've found a guy who loves them for their quirks, even the ones they don't know about !

Ha! Of course Rentaro would program in all the girls' name with volume 2 for Shizuka to use, and it's cute how she's so formal with them .

Oh yeah, Shizuka is the only girl how hasn't been "bussing" with Rentaro yet...though she's a little too shy to pounce on it. Meanwhile the other girls are more than ready to get to kissing if Rentaro's game .

Uh oh! Hakari and Karane's spats are dominating the conversation and Rentaro's focus! How is Shizuka going to get a chance to do anything!? Why, by the old icebreaker staple of old maid! So old we don't even need to actually show them playing it and just cut to the end result so we can get some tickling! And Rentaro wants to tickle his girls !

Man, I knew Karane was into it but I didn't expect that tickling scene to get so erotic .

Not to be outdone, though, but Hakari is already offering up her boobs to be fondled and almost peed herself in ecstasy. Girl is THAT down bad .

You have to admire Shizkua's commitment to her bit that she has to use her phone for her own laughs. Still super cute though !

Now it's Rentaro's turn! And of course Shizuka beats the other girls and gets to tickle him...even if she can only just tap his chest, but that's cute too. Meanwhile Hakari was thinking of touching some unmentionable places as a natural course because of course she was .

Does Hakari's calculated cuteness stand a chance against Shizuka's Smol Floof powers!? I love how she thinks Karane is a trainwreck .

Count on the tsundere to be the one to call out another girl for holding back, and Karane and Hakari both manage to get Shizuka to open up and be more honest. She's very self-conscious and anxious about how she measures up to the other girlfriends, but Rentaro genuinely loves her and even the other girls can see how cute she is, and that's what matters .

Shizuka deserves all the headpats! And kisses! And then it becomes a kissing showcase for each girl! I'm glad Rentaro was able to survive those punches to kiss Karane !
Old 2023-10-29, 10:35   Link #56
Zolton

No Nano this week Oh well.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-29, 17:41   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Oh hey, Karane managed to get the food into Rentaro's mouth and not his eyeball! She's improving!

Figures with the episode count they mostly just have time for a girlfriend pickup episode and then one immediately after to establish the new status quo. Which worked out great here since it gave Shizuka the time needed to settle in. And it allowed Hakari and Karane to really show off their great qualities in helping bring her into the mix. Because yeah, this sort of situation is going to have some real challenges to it. But they are having a good time as a whole and it worked out.

The tickling was great with all the girls having great reactions. Though obviously I'll be biased to Karane and Hakari with how into this they were. Rarely have I seen people so desperate to lose in old maid as these two!

Glad that they did work things out. Karane was valuable for pushing Shizuka in a good way. Hakari was helpful to interject every now and then to ease any tension. Give Shizuka a chance to breathe before the next phase. But it was good since otherwise you could easily see Shizuka fading into the background and holding back even more. There are over 90 girlfriends to go here! It'd be hellish if she held back too much while the count was only 3.

This bunch of characters are truly excellent. Show is turning out so much better than I could have imagined.
Old 2023-10-29, 18:52   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The girls should just understand by now that they're probably just going to be collecting quirky girls at this point. But at least they've found a guy who loves them for their quirks, even the ones they don't know about !
He hasn't told them anything about the whole soulmates deal, so you can't expect them to understand he's going to bring a new girl every few days. At some point though, they're probably going to be numb to it.
Old 2023-11-02, 16:38   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The 100 Girlfriends. Just When You Think It's a Hanky-Panky Episode

The more episodes I watched the more I get myself entertained with this show.

It's not only cute but also the harem actually serves a purpose so for all the girls can help each other to grow into becoming more assertive at telling how they really feel inside, to better their social skills, etc.

I got to hand it to Rentarō that unlike other MC from previous rom-com anime, he actually reads the air although pretending to goof around at surface level.

Karane, Hakari, and Shizuka all three of them gathered for some tickling punishment, and all three are just absolutely kawaii and adorable based on their strengths and weaknesses.

Karane twirls her hair with her fingers whenever she rejects compliments and has high resistance to tickles.

Hakari, on the other hand, sucks her finger when she's pondering in deep thought and has low tolerance to tickling to the point that she lets out sweet moans.

Lastly, Shizuka when she's investing her focus on reading she moves her toes signaling the emotions she's feeling at the moment, and even when tickled she keeps it inside.
Old 2023-11-05, 10:31   Link #60
Frontier

Is there anything more hgn-inducing than having a guy who prioritizes his fun because of all the happy memories he shares with you in said phone? And wouldn't you know it, he even meets the fourth girlfriend in the process! Nanao Eiai, a cold and efficient super smart girl with gorgeous looks and a silky smooth voice courtesy of Asami Seto !

All the girlfriends are in the top 50! That's good. Hakari is super smart, all the better to plot her thirsty schemes .

Eiai is a tough nut to crack, she's so efficient and practical that she writes off anything that doesn't further her academics or prospects as meaningless and not worth her time, comedically so, especially when it comes to relationships. Though that doesn't stop her from giving Rentaro some tongue action to nurse a cut...and the critical hit when she blushes in her room and has to keep writing down Pi to keep her mind off Rentaro .

I love when the girls are doing their own thing and completely oblivious to another girl romancing Rentaro at the same time .

Wow, that's got to be one of the most clinical love confessions of all time. Eiai didn't even intend to ask him out for a relationship, she just wanted to get rejected (or do the rejecting) and be done with it. But no way is Rentaro going to give up on his new soulmate .

It's funny how he has three girlfriends yet his first date ever is with one he isn't even officially going out with yet. Then again, who could resist Eiai in those casual GOAT-ific casual clothes and new hairstyle ?

Eaia is a lot of fun at amusement parks, huh? Always questioning everything and calling out all the stuff that you just accept at face value (like the magic or horror), but it's kind of cute in it's own way how difficult it is for her to function trying to have fun. And in the end she does manage to hold hands with Rentaro on the ferris wheel .

Even if she's willing to admit she had fun, she still doesn't see the point, but it's when Rentaro is about to burn all the photos of their time together that she instinctively saves them and realizes that despite their lack of practical value, the time she spent with him, the guy she loves, was still of value to her. Because it made her happy. And what better way to cap it off than by a more sincere confession of love and the two officially going out? Girlfriend #4 has officially arrived! And she even steals a kiss, because Nano is as efficient in love as she is in everything else !

I love how the girls are just rolling with the new girlfriends at this point. The more the merrier for the pool episode and to see them all in swimsuits! Nice plan Hakari! And nice shot of her mole !

Tags
comedy, harem