Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-30, 00:53   Link #2121
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You should start doing the daily and weekly marks as soon as you can, those only require to kill regular mobs and they will net you 110 centurio seal a day at level 60.
Plus you can get the weekly for 100 centurio.

If you just do that regularly you'll have almost enough centurio seals to upgrade a full set of yasha gear to ilvl 180 in merely 3 weeks, which is more or less what a casual gamer needs to get the full yasha gear to begin with.

as for Rank A and S I usually just hang around some zone farming or crafting and when it happens that someone shouts that he found a NM I join a party and then kill the monster. Nothing particularly hard or tedious and I don't feel the need to actively pursue NM since you already get enough seals.
Where do you get the quests for the dailies and the weekly? Still from the hunt board in Ishgard?\

And I actually don't know what to do with the A's and the S's. Kill them with the party then you go back to the NPC and tell them you killed it?

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-06-30 at 01:13.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 02:25   Link #2122
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I am finally level 60, now I just need to finish the main story tomorrow and start gearing up, and also I really like the final area, it's quite something. I never guessed we'd end up exploring such and an area outside of restricted things like dungeons or raids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
New summer costumes due for Heavensward, very Arabian Nights:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001034.html

Does this mean the costumes can only be bought for a certain time period, or can you buy them 24/7 in the game?
They're already in game if you look on the MB, so I am betting they're actually crafted items nothing there implies otherwise, and likely take new rare drop items from new lvl60 maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Where do you get the quests for the dailies and the weekly? Still from the hunt board in Ishgard?\

And I actually don't know what to do with the A's and the S's. Kill them with the party then you go back to the NPC and tell them you killed it?
Yes still the board for dailies and weekly hunts.

And you just kill A or S with a party and you get seals right away, no need to go back to an NPC or anything.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 07:53   Link #2123
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
They're already in game if you look on the MB, so I am betting they're actually crafted items nothing there implies otherwise, and likely take new rare drop items from new lvl60 maps.
I can confirm that. One thavnairian bustier (the female body) has been sold already in my server for 50 million gil!

Thavnairian silk has been reported being dropped by lvl 60 map (dragonskin) on FFXIVDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
and also I really like the final area, it's quite something.
Indeed it's a wonderful area, I just hope there will be more stuff to do there apart from hunt and farming.
About that I don't really know what SE was thinking. a single Chimera felt requires FIVE chimera manes, and as far as I know there's only SIX chimeras in the whole map and at best they drop 3 manes with a drop rate that's about 33%.

this is going to become worse than how it was with ornery karakul in the past especially when you consider that weavers need to craft a lot of that chimera stuff to get blue scripts.

A few considerations on how scholar has become now.

THE GOOD:
-Improved Selene: I really like the changes to Selene, fey wind does skill speed + spell speed at the same time, pairing that with the buff of those attributes, it becomes a very solid party enhancement. Plus fey caress saves you the trouble of using leeches now and then which is always nice. WARs will absolutely love Selene since usually it removes pacification instantly. The only problem is the recast time and the fact that Selene tries to dispel debuffs that can't be removed...
-AOE cures! Scholars now get a very potent aoe cure that is instant! It has a recast time but that's brief enough. The major issue is that it requires an aetherflow stack. It has then another ability that converts the galvanize effect into straight cure. I don't see much point in using it with adloquium, but it's quite good for succor which makes it yet another potent aoe hp fuller.
-NUKE! Finally a good straight damaging spell! With a potency of 170 Broil more than doubles the amount of damage you could previously do with Ruin and at a moderate MP cost. It's ironic that it is more potent than Summoners' Ruin III (which has insane limitations too)

THE BAD:
LUSTRATE NERF By becoming a normal cure with a potency of 600 lustrate's utility now solely rests on the fact that it's instant. That's still a life saver of course but it's not as awesome as it was before. You can no longer use it while under the effect of cleric stance and you can no longer use it to bypass reduced healing effects (goodbye 3 healers Ramuh strat). It is true that Lustrate was an unfair advantage of scholars over White Mages, but I would have preferred if they shortened the recast of Benediction instead.

THE VERY BAD:
OMG MP COSTS! Seriously now, succor now costs something like 1300 mp, which means you only need to cast it 10 times to remain with none. The mp consumption is insane now compared to before. Scholar used to be the healer that never depleted her MP (almost), but now? Now I really can't spam succor anymore and I must use energy drain a lot more often. I found myself without MP in a few cases doing the expert dungeons, and that's something that never happened to me before. Managing MP now has become as important for Scholars as it is for White Mages.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 10:37   Link #2124
R.LocK
My turn

If you think it's bad, I dare you to try Holy spamming.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 15:55   Link #2125
Galaxian

I'm at Lv. 29 with my main class, but only now I finally got my Chocobo...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 21:47   Link #2126
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I take it there's no ingame way to track your hunts other than listing it down yourself right?

And anyone have a site with the coords of the weekly hunt targets?
Old 2015-06-30, 22:10   Link #2127
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I take it there's no ingame way to track your hunts other than listing it down yourself right?

And anyone have a site with the coords of the weekly hunt targets?
there are no precise coordinates, they can pop anywhere in very wide areas. Best you can do is shouting to ask if anybody saw them and fly around everywhere until you spot them

Old 2015-06-30, 22:43   Link #2128
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

How long does it take you guys to usually do all 3 hunt levels?
Old 2015-07-01, 00:34   Link #2129
R.LocK
My turn

Half an hour to hour. Depends on your memory and people killing your targets.
Old 2015-07-01, 02:41   Link #2130
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
How long does it take you guys to usually do all 3 hunt levels?
I am not sure I am gonna bother with lower ones unless I want exp on a different job since seals are rather low, and takes me 20-25 mins or so to finish my rank 3 and B rank weekly is luck.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 20:27   Link #2131
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Been really behind on hw due to rl stuff (only lvl 52) but I must say AST is the most fun healing class I've played in an mmo since... well probably ever. Been hearing complaints about it though at endgame on how their healing potency really lacks compared to a whm or sch and that if you take into account rng sch selene buff is still better.

Still I don't think I'll be going back to my whm unless I plan to hardcore Raid which I do not. Did that back in wow vanilla and bc days and it waa pretty much a 2nd job.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 22:43   Link #2132
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

on Hunts:
I only do my 15 seals ones. The other ones I just can't be bothered. Get in a few good hunt linkshells and do your best to show up for 1 or 2, or just camp in a zone according to ffxivhunts. 40 per A rank is far better than spending an hour hitting up lower class hunts. Ofc, one can argue they are just bonus seals on top of the 15 seals hunt.

on AST as healers:
TBH i am unconvinced. I think the biggest argument is that "if you bring an AST in place of a WHM/SCH, the primary class can do the job so much better". Especially in HW when WHM has been given even more toys to handle AoE damage, while SCH is stronger than ever: with 3 extra emergency Aetherflow to boot!

Granted, much of it is probably a skill issue, and probably our unfamiliarity with the class. Maybe because of how AST is designed they just don't have enough tools in their box? Not sure.

Their card buffs are indeed pretty sweet. Maybe ASTs may become a more buff-oriented healer people use to help against DPS checks. (SE doesn't seem to like healer DPS to help pass tight checks, and that is prob the main reason why there is no accuracy bonus to cleric stance. ASTs will be able to contribute to DPS indirectly by buffing others).

On HW:
Been playing my warrior and is really happy with it. Here is a 19s parse on Bis Ex carapace stage: http://i.imgur.com/ttym47M.png (kill parse here: http://i.imgur.com/rQB3cRk.png).

A parse from a PF ravana ex farm party - avg ilvl for most ppl are 175 although I am prob the only one using a 190 weapon: http://i.imgur.com/d4Kf7Ep.png.

I really hope we don't get nerfed damage wise - In the past the main reason people go with solo-tank strat is to squeeze out that extra dps, but with warrior dps being at bard levels - there comes a point where the extra risk a solo tank strat is not worth the extra little bit of DPS offered by a "proper" DPSer.

I really like the two primal fights: Bis Ex being one big gear/dps check, while Ravana being an execution fight with many abilities to challenge players with. Due to the way both fights work, they will eventually become trivialized as high ilvl gear become accessible (people have already kill ravana ex during the first final liberation...).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 07:08   Link #2133
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
while SCH is stronger than ever: with 3 extra emergency Aetherflow to boot!
At the expense of your fairy. Nope, I don't really see it as anything but an emergency move. You also get a 20% cure potency increase in the package which is good, but in single target that merely compensates for the loss of your fairy's healing. The only time when you actually would want that 20% instead of your fairy is when you are doing aoe cures.

Then when the buff/debuff ends you'll have to resummon your fairy again which will costs you a good half of the mp you could get by using those 3 free aetherflow stacks for energy drain.

So in the end I personally don't think this is an ability to use anytime it's ready, I practically never used it so far, but more like something you will use when you are in desperate need of aetherflow stacks.

As for AST, I think that right now there's a lot of people that don't know how to properly use the job. I'm leveling WAR right now and I had a few dungeons with AST as healers. I got one who really struggled to keep me alive while another never let my HP go below half and was better than many other WHMs and SCHs I've encountered.

Old 2015-07-04, 03:44   Link #2134
R.LocK
My turn

There's nothing really complicated in AST healing. Besides, the lower you go the stronger emergency heal gets.

If it were me, a tank'd be stuck at 20-30% before I throw heals at him, provided he can use CD's.
Old 2015-07-04, 07:02   Link #2135
zibi88

Well currently all the classes are thrown out of ballance and I feel that in next patch the warrior will gets a serious nerf kick as it needs it more then any other class... since they wear heavy armor and currently their dps is higher then other dps's which throws them kinda out of their main job/reason of existence.

ninja should get a small buff since in last patches all it got was a nerf which wasnt all that needed... ninijas base weapon dmg is the lowest from all classes so the lev.60 skill we get is kinda useless or rather weak since it does 3x100potency attack so a 300potency... even paladings final skill does a 320potency attack >_> and its not even a dps class. The 300potency would be maybe ok if that skill didnt have like 90sec cooldown... the same goes for duality as its dmg wont contain any crit !!! (come on that is just wrong...other classes dont have such restrictions to their skills... if we are lucky we hit a cirt if not we dont... but doing "never will happen" is just not fair here) the CD of it hurts too and with no new mudra skills its just sad all it got is just nerfing... losing perfect dodge kinda destroyed few life saving situations (and healer now has more work to do)

AST buff cards are sweat too but it should get a few more tricks for better heal

mech needs a little buff as other dps kinda are above it

drk well it wouldnt hurt to lower that damn dark aura animation a bit since currently its just way too big and in some situation its hard to keep up with mob positionals becouse of it
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 07:58   Link #2136
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
ninijas base weapon dmg is the lowest from all classes
Nope. Just, no.
Old 2015-07-04, 11:51   Link #2137
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Well currently all the classes are thrown out of ballance and I feel that in next patch the warrior will gets a serious nerf kick as it needs it more then any other class... since they wear heavy armor and currently their dps is higher then other dps's which throws them kinda out of their main job/reason of existence.t
TBH I think warriors are at a very good place. They are only beating DPSers because i) tbh the DPSs aren't that good ii) war have all 180 slaying gear with 190 weapon iii) the war know the fight off the top of their head.

Any respectable DPS who know their class well and has gear shouldn't have trouble beating a warrior in damage.

Warriors do have 2 strengths though: i) Burst potential - this IMO is the most important, warriors can contribute much to stuff like Carapace/Warlord shells ii) lack of positionals

PLDs can do good dps too in full slaying gear, just being by around 100-150 dps but they provide other forms of utility such as a spot heal/stoneskin/divine veil.

On MCH/BRD dps:
I am a bit on the fence about this one. There have been some 2-3m parses of them doing 850 to 900 dps. I am unsure if people are not used to WM/mechanics yet, or if the class is weak in general. SE has acknowledge WM needing to be looked at, so maybe it will become better in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
There's nothing really complicated in AST healing. Besides, the lower you go the stronger emergency heal gets.

If it were me, a tank'd be stuck at 20-30% before I throw heals at him, provided he can use CD's.
That may work in lower level dungeons. I don't feel safe when chain pulling lv60 roulette dungeons if they let me hover at low hp for long. Scholars with lustrates, sure. AST I dont feel safe.

//

Ninajs do fine. My 1st Bis Ex kill had 2 ninjas who both pulled pretty high dps.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 13:38   Link #2138
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Honestly I always thought ninja were overpowered before heavensward, I've seen ninja pulling 600 dps when someone else was doing the slashing debuff for them (which only requires a WAR in party really) and I'm not talking about striking dummies nor instances with echo buffs.

Now, I don't know, there's still a lot of things that need to be properly tested.

Anyway the comparison with the PLD skill isn't a fair one. You need to consider that PLD have inherently less STR than a NIN has DEX. Else you'd say that it's absolutely unfair that PLD have a cure with 1200 potency when scholars' best is 600

Old 2015-07-04, 16:53   Link #2139
Galaxian

Finally got my Chocobo as a Companion.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 18:49   Link #2140
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So was just farming Sohm Al for WHM leveling. Suddenly flying cat companion dropped That's Kona on the left who was tagging along with me with PLD.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
mmorpg