AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 16:29   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Pizza hut's Cheese Bites pizza...

has anyone had this yet? its been on the site for a while and ive been wonderin.. is it any good? or is it as bad i belive it might me. because I think it might end up being a pain in the butt to eat.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:46   Link #2
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
has anyone had this yet? its been on the site for a while and ive been wonderin.. is it any good? or is it as bad i belive it might me. because I think it might end up being a pain in the butt to eat.
Oh, I remember having this years ago at a friend's house. It's as bad as anything made by pizza hut. Which is to say, absolutely disgusting crap that's too filthy to be considered anything better than trash. It's like cheese crust, but it's split up into different tiny pieces. Don't even try it. Heck, don't even think about Pizza Hut again, it's horrible and tasteless.

Note: I assume you wanted an honest opinion. This was my honest opinion as a person and as an Italian. I'm not dissing anyone who likes pizza hut at all, I'm just saying that I find it horrible and I would advise anyone to simply stay clear of it.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 16:50   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I might have to disgard you're opinion.. hte pizza hut here has always delivered good stuff. once and a while i get crappy breadsticks but i usualy end up ordering towards their closing time.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:52   Link #4
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I might have to disgard you're opinion.. hte pizza hut here has always delivered good stuff. once and a while i get crappy breadsticks but i usualy end up ordering towards their closing time.
I suppose it depends on where you're from then, cuz in the US and the UK, I've never had good experiences with it. I'd go for Papa John's or Pizza Express if you're looking for franchises, but it's better to go to an Italian restaurant. Some of them really are quite good (there's a reason none of the franchises exist in Italy )
Old 2010-12-18, 17:00   Link #5
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Love how you dont mention Domino's XDDDDDDDDDD

But yes, its all about location. its the people who put it together that make it shity or good. Because the Panormous pizza they had here, Oh my GOD! I could live of those alone! I'd blendthem up and Drink it!
Old 2010-12-18, 17:07   Link #6
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Love how you dont mention Domino's XDDDDDDDDDD

But yes, its all about location. its the people who put it together that make it shity or good. Because the Panormous pizza they had here, Oh my GOD! I could live of those alone! I'd blendthem up and Drink it!
Domino's is almost as bad as Pizza Hut, hence I didn't mention it as one of the GOOD franchises like PJ or PE
Old 2010-12-18, 17:24   Link #7
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'll have to agree with Tsuyoshi there, nothing better than an Italian pizza made traditionally in brick ovens, not some microwaved sticky stuff where you don't know what the hell they put in it. At the very least make pizza at home, at least you know what you are getting. The cheese might actually taste like cheese not soap, and the crust may actually be less salty and greasy. Ew.
Old 2010-12-18, 17:54   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll have to disagree with Zas, nothing tastes better than home-made pizza...Stretching the base, grinding the cheese, laying down the ham/bacon/mushrooms/peppers, sniffing around the oven until it's ready before finally enjoying the fruit (not literally) of your labour!
Anyways, to answer KF's question as well, I haven't had cheesy bites, been a long time since I've had pizza hut...but I don't think it would be that bad (I've had grease pumping out of a margarita slice when I took a bite once ) I've tried out the philadelphia cheese filling though, it was good but kinda heavy.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:56   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i would if I had a ride to a resurant
Old 2010-12-18, 18:15   Link #10
Irkalla
I asked for this

Well Kaf, if you count in sentimental value, it can be better than the real thing
Old 2010-12-18, 18:30   Link #11
Kagayaki

Is the cheese bites pizza the stuff they have in Code Geass? I've always wondered whether that was any good...
Old 2010-12-18, 19:53   Link #12
klowny
OH NO

I always wanted to eat at Pizza Hut but there are none in my location, Dominoes Pizza is too far to order, and the local Papa John's delivery man got me pissed off because he complained that the street was closed and that he had to walk all the way here, Although he did leave a liter of Coke that i did not order
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 19:56   Link #13
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I may be in the minority, but I (mostly) hate Papa John's.

It's the sauce.

It's too sweet and they use too much of it.

I like their barbecue chicken and bacon pizza, though.
Old 2010-12-18, 22:15   Link #14
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Papa Johns is AOK with me, Dominoes too. But usually if I'm gonna have pizza, it's the local restaurant on our Main Street. Da Boyz, such epic pizza they make.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 22:54   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Mostly home-made Italian-style pizza (very different than US pizza)... about the only commercial pizza we eat is local mom'n'pop shops (the biggest is a small chain called Pizza Schmizza).
Old 2010-12-19, 01:11   Link #16
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Is the cheese bites pizza the stuff they have in Code Geass? I've always wondered whether that was any good...
Yes, it's the same kind of pizza.

Here's an image of the actual Pizza Hut pizza.

Here's an image of pizza from Code Geass:

And some of the neat Pizza Boxes from Pizza Hut promoting Code Geass:

http://abanzai.animeblogger.net/2007...ut-code-geass/

Also, my personal opinion is that Pizza Hut is gross.
I hate what they pass off as pizza.
I know other people like it, and I'm very happy for them, but it's not for me.
Personally, the only take-out franchise stuff I can stomach is Anthony's.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:28   Link #17
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I would love to eat real Italian food, but I'm afraid the restaurant/food industry in America 'dumbs' down the taste and/or the ingredients. I personally love Li'l Caeser pizza and hate pretty much everything else (Pizza hut, domino, Papa Johns.) that serves pizza.

Then again, it's actually more desirable to make your own pizzas. Since if you are just making an ordinary, pepperoni and cheese pizza it actually costs less then store bought and fast food/restaurant pizza. (Excluding Li'l Caeser and probably afew others.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 04:53   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, Domino's got an offer at 5€ for any pizza, as long as it's takeaway, but I have yet to try it because:
A) I don't know about Americans but I definitely can't eat a pizza by myself.
B) Never gone to a pizza-only restaurant.
As for italian, I've payed a visit once, had fussili with blue cheese (also enormous serving, I shared with another two and there was still half-full :P) and a Bavarese pizza, which had pepperoni and an unbelievably salty cheese whose name eludes me.

P.S: This thread makes me pizza-hungry
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 05:16   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I had this pizza before years ago and i like it. (Sorry Pizza purists)
Old 2010-12-19, 06:46   Link #20
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I think I'm one of few who can't stand original italian pizza, you could hunt me around the world with this stuff....