AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-03, 06:59   Link #1581
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well that was a very satisfying end for a very satisfying story arc. Not exactly the ending to this tale some people probably hoped for but it was ended and executed beautifully.

Also lol suggestive preview. I may actually start reading the manga after exams.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 08:59   Link #1582
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Hey, it had been a while...

Spoiler for Episode 21:

Spoiler:

God, I love this series. So so so so much.
Old 2010-03-03, 09:10   Link #1583
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
EP21:
Very satisfying. How do they take a 22 minute anime and make a short little segment at the end
feel like it lasted for hours? That's masterful storytelling. Really, really well done.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-03, 10:11   Link #1584
MikiMata

Beautiful episode.
Spoiler:

It was a very moving depiction of first love.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 17:59   Link #1585
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Another wonderful episode, they really can't do anything wrong in this show

Spoiler for A few thoughts of epi 21:
Old 2010-03-03, 21:26   Link #1586
darktruth

Picked up volume 3 of the series from the post office today. As mentioned before, this volume comes with a bonus drama CD. Will give it a listen later tonight when I finish work.

Spoiler for Kimi Todo volume 3 DVD goodies:
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 23:14   Link #1587
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a nice arc conclusion.

A few short observations in the following spoiler space:

Spoiler for Episode 21 thoughts:
Old 2010-03-04, 00:51   Link #1588
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I thought it very telling, that when Chizu blew up, it was to her girlfriends about Ryuu being so overly blunt. But when she needed comforting she turned to Ryuu.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 01:18   Link #1589
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm speechless...

All I can say about this most recent episode is that this is EXACTLY the reason why I started shipping the way I do. Nothing else I can add, really.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 04:48   Link #1590
GreatTeacherKen

This was one of my most anticipated episodes, being based on one of my favorite chapters from the manga, and it didn't disappoint, especially the last scene which is just as moving as it was the first time I read it.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 14:25   Link #1591
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 21 was fantastic. A great conclusion to this arc.

Tohru is reeeaaal smooth, I'm straight and even I can understand why Chii would fall for him. It looks like he figured everything out, both Ryuu and Chii's feelings that is. And he's right, Ryuu does fit Chizuru better. The final scene was just wonderful...
Old 2010-03-04, 21:31   Link #1592
sintaki

great ep cant wait for the next one ^w^
sintaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 23:07   Link #1593
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this episode went by soooo fast.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:33   Link #1594
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
EP21:
Very satisfying. How do they take a 22 minute anime and make a short little segment at the end
feel like it lasted for hours? That's masterful storytelling. Really, really well done.

Spoiler:
Made me shed a few tears a couple times this episode, no less! The last series that could do that to me was... well, Spice and Wolf.

Chii is lucky to have such a wonderful older brother! Ryuu too, obviously... he understands her so well, and she finally now understands in turn. She won't be able to deny the potential between them any longer... probably.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 10:36   Link #1595
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Heh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Picked up volume 3 of the series from the post office today. As mentioned before, this volume comes with a bonus drama CD. Will give it a listen later tonight when I finish work.

Spoiler for Kimi Todo volume 3 DVD goodies:
Oh that's great!

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-05, 14:58   Link #1596
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 21 was done so right i dont even know where to start. I definitely had tears in my eyes during a few scenes that were done so well it was just touching as hell.

I think we can all agree that Chii is a special girl so dealing with her like shes just some random teenage girl is not going to do it. Tohru knew exactly what Chii needed to hear and what Chi needed to say in order to move on. This was never about Chii wining Tohru over it was about learning to move on. We all get our hearts broken its just a another aspect of life but how and when you get back up is the important thing. She also had great friends to depend on to help her through it. She needed to cry she needed to get those angry feelings out for own good. Ryuu took care of the anger and frustration part and did the later half.

Both scenes with both brothers was done so well i thought i was going to needed tissues. Tohru confirmed that no matter what no matter how far he goes or if he gets married Chi will never just be neighbor you dont need to be blood related to see someone as a sibling and it was obvious he cares about her as much as his own family. He drove 3 hours to handle this situation and i commend him for that. So viewers did not like how he handled the situation i think he handled it with maturity by reminding Chii of all the things they all did together. The past will not go away those memories will always be there but now its time for Chii to make new memories.

Ryuu comment to his brother at the end was perfect. There really is no one better suited for her than Ryuu and even though they are brothers they are still males and we all know how we guys get over a girl we really like. The ending scene with Chi saying comfort me and Ryuu putting his arm around her was a perfect end as the credits roll.

Growing up isnt easy finding your in life can be a pain and just getting the emotional roller coaster of your day can have you in tears and Kimi ni Todoke does a great job verbally and visually of portraying this how adolescents can be quite painful but also have it rewards. Its a time in life when we truly feel we can do or be anything.

great episode i cant believe we are to Christmas already which is going to be fantastic but it also looks like we are going to get the New Years arc as well which i know will have me and Shiroth going berserk.
Old 2010-03-05, 17:14   Link #1597
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I've got one question.. why did Tooru look so shocked when Ryuu address him as "aniki"?
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 19:27   Link #1598
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
I've got one question.. why did Tooru look so shocked when Ryuu address him as "aniki"?
He never addressed him that way before. He referred to him that way because of the statement that followed concerning Chii
Old 2010-03-05, 23:16   Link #1599
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Very nice arc indeed!

Then again, I am actually quite glad we are finally going back to the main couple.
Old 2010-03-06, 02:54   Link #1600
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
He never addressed him that way before. He referred to him that way because of the statement that followed concerning Chii
Oh now I get it Thanks
And finally next episode is back to sawako
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo