AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima f - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 18.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 37.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 18.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-07, 07:55   Link #21
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The director is the same as the first season!
The OP is pretty good! From the show of characters, it looks like they will use 1 opening for the entire season, maybe?
Wow! This season is so gonna follow the novel and gonna be so amazing!
With all they did to the previous seasons? I don't thinks so

Quote:
Me #2: But you don't really remember the novel enough to clearly say what was in it and what is original right?
Me: (;´∀`)
Me: |゚; )====3
Me #2: Ah...
So, its following the novels... for now.

Quote:
Voices of the new characters were fine though. Stupid Pope gets his fitting disgustingly kind voice.
Really, maybe I can watch this... for the voices... and Index's cosplayers .
Old 2012-01-07, 12:33   Link #22
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I'll wait for subs before passing judgement (or voting), but it's good to see Louise and Saito again. The story will no doubt follow the LNs by and large, but I'd expect a lot of things to be skipped or toned down. Anime original ending isn't necessary, but could also happen. Hey, it worked well with S2, so I won't complain.
Old 2012-01-07, 13:58   Link #23
HunterXZelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
There are two characters at the end of the Opening which I have never heard of before, are these from the novel or are they original characters? I just hope they are from the novels...

Oh, and they were also in the episode
Yes they are characters in the novel
It'll be a huge spoiler to tell you who they are right now so I'll spare you that
but if I remember correctly they came out in novel 16
Old 2012-01-07, 14:02   Link #24
tsunade666

wow they just start it out of no where fan service beginning and onto Romania. A very good beginning but still the usual fights of Saito and Louise are getting tiring for me that I wish they would also skip it but nope, it's part of the story or at least character development. Galia is making a move and also the Romania, by gathering the void users on their side.
Old 2012-01-07, 16:48   Link #25
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Just from the opener...Theres no way JC stiff is going to skip yuri-istic scene from novels. After all they made lesbian kissing scenes more than kissing scenes between Louise and Saito (it was never the case in novels). So when novels actual throw one scene in of course JC staff will grab it and extend it...

As for the season - its not clear will need a second or third episode to understand if they skip and ruin novels like usual or do the decent job.
Old 2012-01-07, 17:50   Link #26
HunterXZelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Just from the opener...Theres no way JC stiff is going to skip yuri-istic scene from novels. After all they made lesbian kissing scenes more than kissing scenes between Louise and Saito (it was never the case in novels). So when novels actual throw one scene in of course JC staff will grab it and extend it...

As for the season - its not clear will need a second or third episode to understand if they skip and ruin novels like usual or do the decent job.
first episode already ruined the whole enter romania novel though...
I'm very glad I get to watch ZnT again but SOOO much content is axed as the first episode pretty much killed a novel already

Spoiler for Major Missed Parts/differences of entering Romania from novel:

really though all I hope is novel 14 will be done well because I absolutely loved that one and found it the best <3

Last edited by HunterXZelos; 2012-01-08 at 02:48.
Old 2012-01-08, 03:15   Link #27
Calca
Expressionless

I hope someone reputable subs this
Old 2012-01-08, 04:59   Link #28
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Seems some part from the novels were missing from the episode, but perhaps they are not to be blamed if they are to finish the series in only so little episodes compared to the content of the light novels.

However was it just me? Or was the animation slightly lacking in certain parts of the episode?
Old 2012-01-08, 08:46   Link #29
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Pretty awesome to see the cast again after such a long time.

Can anyone tell which novel the show is adapting and if I could read it in English? I can't wait to find out about the possibility of Saito and two void masters!! :drool:
Old 2012-01-08, 09:35   Link #30
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

On further review (with subs this time!) it really does seem that there's a lot of compression (or blendering, if you will) from the Light Novels. Not necessarily a bad thing, I understand they only have one cour to show everything, so I can appreciate they are trying to fit as much in as possible.

Anyway, overall I am rather pleased with how it went. The animation wasn't mind-blowing and some of the voice acting struggled (to be expected), but aside from that I have no genuine complaints.

Less fanservice than S3 (long may it continue!), a load of major developments I probably would have found more interesting/surprising if not for the LNs (Jullio being Windalfr, Tiffa being a void mage, question-mark over her familiar etc) and a nice SaitoxLouise conclusion. That's ZnT at it's best.
Old 2012-01-08, 10:06   Link #31
ookamigirl

This one looks interesting.
Like a crossbreed of Dog Days & Shukufuku no Campanella.
The characters look nice and I had a few laughs too.
Will be watching it.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-01-08, 11:35   Link #32
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

ookamigirl, just letting you know, this is the 4th season of the series. If you liked the first episode of this, and want some more information so that upcoming episode will make more sense, you should go watch the first 3 seasons Actually I might have to do that myself.
Old 2012-01-08, 15:28   Link #33
leokiko

If I skip third season, will that affect me too much? Because I hated that season(watched only a few episodes), want to go straight to this one
Old 2012-01-08, 15:34   Link #34
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Saw the first episode, and without a doubt I can say it's better than Season 3 already. Still, are breasts the only thing they can ever joke about? The concept has been played with so many times in this series alone (without even considering the other thousands of shows that do it) that it's not that funny anymore. I AM thankful that it's not breasts, breasts, breasts like in Season 3, and speaking of which, did Tiffania's...assets shrink? They're not the size of her bloody head this time around.

The basic plot for Episode 1 was pretty decent, and overall it was actually pretty decent. I'll probably end up watching all of this, but I'm definitely not jumping to my feet to write about this like I am with Nisemonogatari, Amagami SS+ and hopefully Black Rock Shooter.
Old 2012-01-08, 16:28   Link #35
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see everyone again. Still don't get the Pope's plan. Just by showing that the other void mages are together would change Joseph into a good guy? Sounds like a crappy plan to me.
Old 2012-01-08, 17:34   Link #36
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

They didn't waste any time in going to the next plot arc in this first episode. It's nice to see the old cast again, but at this point into the third season I'm looking for more magic, mysterious and discovery. The whole love triangle was over worked in the second and third season and seeing it again right at the first episode of the new season was rather boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nice to see everyone again. Still don't get the Pope's plan. Just by showing that the other void mages are together would change Joseph into a good guy? Sounds like a crappy plan to me.
My spidey sense tells me he's in cahoots with Joseph and if it was true I will be sorely dissappointed because they did they whole betray thing too much already in the past seasons.
Old 2012-01-08, 17:41   Link #37
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Funny, I thought magic should be casted with chant on their world but in Louise case, she can just fire it away a huge blast with no problem . If you ask me, she's the most destructive out of all of them .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2012-01-08, 21:34   Link #38
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The usual Zero no Tsukaima.

At least not as bad as 3rd season.

Spoiler for Question about what happened in the 3rd season:

Lots of shipping nonsense from the get go.

Siesta and Louise sharing Saito's bed... I thought they stopped doing that.

I know Louise is the main love interest but they seem to be setting Seista up as having some kind of claim on him that even Louise recognizes. And Seista recognizes Louise as the real rival...

Saito complaining to Seista about Louise... facepalm. Talk about insensitive.

But that's Saito and Louise. Jerkass romancing a Tsundere with extra tsun.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-01-09, 03:04   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It does seem silly that they are constantly pushing these other girls with Saito. Even Tabitha at the start being Saito's guard. Then at the end with Saito falling through the summons which probably will be problems later and Tiffania with her "heart racing" lines....I mean after all that's gone on why can't they just focus on the main pair and let it be that? The episode was looking good until they pulled that stunt which has me a bit worried. Do we really need to go through something like "is Saito now also Tiffania's familiar?"

This Pope plan does sound pretty suspicious. I mean trying to scare their enemy into behaving because they have more Void mages...On the other hand makes them a pretty good target if someone wants to take them all out at once.

Not too bad of a start. Need to see where they go. At least some good stuff like Saito getting seriously pissed at the thieves, not sure what happened before he got there.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:38   Link #40
SpAyKeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterXZelos View Post
if I remember correctly they came out in novel 16
How come the characters could be in light novel in 16 volume if they've introduced it in first episode? The third season has end in 10 or 11 volume, so they must record 11-12 tomes at least.How they'll do it in 12 episodes I really do not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Can anyone tell which novel the show is adapting
The fourth season started at 12 volume (and the end is on 22th).

"Never need to question, how to defeat you" -by Disturbed

Last edited by SpAyKeR; 2012-01-09 at 08:57.
Closed Thread