AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 08:53   Link #1
anigu
Game maker

Smile Avan Story - An Anime-Style Adventure Game

Avan Story is an adventure game with anime graphics and interactive gameplay. Made by anigu, a small game developer team, the game promises fun experience for anime-manga lovers.

Story
Daniel Standhope, a businessman from England who is put into the planet Ikai after a certain incident. In order to return to his home, he has to find out about the secret of this world, winning beautiful girls' hearts and much more. All while trying to survive the dread of monsters and magical beings.

Gameplay
During the course of the game, players will encounter puzzles and events which will decide the outcomes of battles and how the story will advance.

Making choices during battle:

Avan story is not a stereotype game where the main hero has tremendous power. He is just a normal businessman! So, in order to survive, players will need to understand the habits and weaknesses of any monster they encounter. And they will have options to make choices during battles to put those understandings into practice.

Clues from environment:

Players can freely explore the Avan town at the beginning of the game. And they can interact with various kinds of things on the trip to unlock an event or to solve a confusing puzzle. Some characters will not share their true feelings unless players show them something...

Sample images:

Avan Story is still under development. However, we at anigu are expecting to release the game within this year.

*WEEKLY UPDATES*

Introducing Liz Dawez:

This chubby lady is a respectable teacher at Avan town.
Liz is also the only volunteer caretaker of Miru and Rune while other folks avoid them.

For more information, please visit anigu's homepage at www.anigu.com

Of course, we welcome any question related to Avan Story or about anigu team. Contact us at: anigustudio@gmail.com

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/anigustudio

The blog: http://anigu.com/wordpress/

Last edited by anigu; 2012-09-18 at 05:38. Reason: Weekly Update
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:58   Link #2
Pokaru

Are you an indie team? The game looks pretty good with the graphics. Also, I hope to see more gameplay images from you.
Pokaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 05:45   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How many female characters are there in the game?
Old 2012-07-14, 06:36   Link #4
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So this is a point-and-click adventure/VN hybrid like Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney? Looks promising. The art is quite nice for an indie game.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 08:07   Link #5
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Are you an indie team? The game looks pretty good with the graphics. Also, I hope to see more gameplay images from you.
Yes, Avan Story is an indie work. As for the gameplay, you can see more on our website in the graphics section.
Quote:
How many female characters are there in the game?
Haha, I'm glad you asked. There will be about 4 female characters you can meet during the game. But their presence, especially their relationship with the main character in the game will not be like what you would usually see in other visual novels. So there will be surprise for you to look forward to!

Quote:
So this is a point-and-click adventure/VN hybrid like Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney? Looks promising. The art is quite nice for an indie game.
The overall idea for Avan Story's gameplay is a combination between regular visual novels and interactive elements that won't make the player feel bored during hours of reading. So that's why you may feel this is similar to Phoenix Wright.

We really put emphasis on the art so you may want to check out the website as more can be found there.

Last edited by anigu; 2012-07-15 at 03:39.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:36   Link #6
anigu
Game maker

New Update! We now have a Twitter account and a blog has been opened!
Old 2012-07-15, 07:41   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Will there be lolis?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 07:54   Link #8
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Will there be lolis?
I lol'd . Yes there will
In fact, on our website, the graphics section, you can already see 2 of them. And they are gorgeous
Old 2012-07-16, 02:21   Link #9
Pokaru

Well, I looked at your site. I can see your idea for this game and it's quite interesting, make it looks more fun as a visual novel.

But maybe you should elaborate more on the story? I saw a whale-like animal (maybe not but that's what I thought) in one of the CG images on your site. If possible, how about revealing a bit on that?
Old 2012-07-16, 04:37   Link #10
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For an indie game, it already looks quite good actually. Will there be a demo for this sometime?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 08:21   Link #11
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
But maybe you should elaborate more on the story? I saw a whale-like animal (maybe not but that's what I thought) in one of the CG images on your site. If possible, how about revealing a bit on that?
That whale is actually one of the key factors that will trigger an important event in the game.
Also, more information on the story will be revealed in the future so I think you will need to wait for some time.
Quote:
For an indie game, it already looks quite good actually. Will there be a demo for this sometime?
Thank you for your compliment, they are great motivation for us! As for a demo, there are already talks within the devs regarding that. We might release one once the game is almost finished.
Old 2012-07-16, 21:42   Link #12
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Looks very pretty, but I have absolutely zero interest unless there's a female protagonist/yuri option.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:09   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say this really looks interesting. Especially like the idea of choices during the battles. Choosing where to attack and the story changing accordingly.

And of course the girls revealed definitely look cute which never hurts .

Good luck and looking forward to this.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:44   Link #14
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Looks very pretty, but I have absolutely zero interest unless there's a female protagonist/yuri option.
Well, if you want we may consider it but don't count on it, ok?

Quote:
I have to say this really looks interesting. Especially like the idea of choices during the battles. Choosing where to attack and the story changing accordingly.

And of course the girls revealed definitely look cute which never hurts .

Good luck and looking forward to this.
I'm glad you like the idea as we focus a lot on the battles in the game. Also, the girls revealed are not all of them yet so there should be more characters introduced in the future.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:52   Link #15
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

what engine you used to make this game?
Old 2012-07-18, 07:54   Link #16
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
what engine you used to make this game?
Thanks for asking, we are using Renpy for Avan Story. Also, its community has been a great help to us.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:57   Link #17
Shakiga
Shadow user

Game looks ok for now but I hope more details will come soon.
Shakiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:43   Link #18
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakiga View Post
Game looks ok for now but I hope more details will come soon.
I see, thanks for your comments. There's going to be an update on the characters information soon. My estimate would be next week.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:09   Link #19
Pokaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
I see, thanks for your comments. There's going to be an update on the characters information soon. My estimate would be next week.
Oh that's great. I actually am expecting a lot more from you guys. There's just not that many indie game developers around who use the kind of art style you guys are employing.
Old 2012-07-22, 09:20   Link #20
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokaru View Post
Oh that's great. I actually am expecting a lot more from you guys. There's just not that many indie game developers around who use the kind of art style you guys are employing.
Thanks for your support. The game is progressing smoothly so please wait for more news from us

Tags
adventure, anime, game, japan, manga