AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-18, 18:56   Link #1
Shigan
Forever a Journey

(Ep 28) Hey! Don't that look like... ? SPOILER

I just have to ask if anyone else thought the same thing.

The creepy, half insane looking kid in episode 28, when Ed and Al was revisiting the deserted island... Was it just me or did he really really look like Alphonse? And watch his body, his right arm is in another skin contrast compared to the rest of his body, while the face and left arm we got to see is in a rather sickly, pale colour, the right arm looks "healthy".

Could it be that he is a homonculus made by mistake by the brothers when they tried to transmute their mother? (I know it makes no sense, like how he ended up there)

Did anyone else think this or was it just me?
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-04-18, 18:57   Link #2
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

It is definatly the homonculus from the new intro. No doubt. I'm very interested now as to where this is going...
Old 2004-04-18, 19:09   Link #3
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
I just have to ask if anyone else thought the same thing.

The creepy, half insane looking kid in episode 28, when Ed and Al was revisiting the deserted island... Was it just me or did he really really look like Alphonse? And watch his body, his right arm is in another skin contrast compared to the rest of his body, while the face and left arm we got to see is in a rather sickly, pale colour, the right arm looks "healthy".

Could it be that he is a homonculus made by mistake by the brothers when they tried to transmute their mother? (I know it makes no sense, like how he ended up there)

Did anyone else think this or was it just me?
The people asking the same thing are all in the stickied Ep. 28 Discussion Thread--As is it really the only "forward-moving" plot of this episode. And may I suggest spoiler tags for the innocents?^^; Ah... we are so spoiled (as in "spoon-fed") on spoiler tags.

And yes, there may be a possiblility what you say is true
Old 2004-04-19, 00:47   Link #4
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
It is definatly the homonculus from the new intro. No doubt. I'm very interested now as to where this is going...
You say this is a homunculus but how can you know for sure. From what I heard he hasn't been in the manga yet so there are no certainties. In the episode discussion thread it has been suggested that it might be a changeling. A person who alters his appearance through Alchemy. This sounds reasonable to me as well. Plus the fact that in the preview and the episode itself it seems that Izumi knows "It". From what I've gathered about her she despises Human Transmutation and that is the only way to create a Homunculus. Therefore I think it isn't a Homunculus but sth. or sb. else.
Old 2004-04-19, 00:51   Link #5
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Hey guys, new here

Anyways, It seems as if Izumi knows the kid, I don't think he can be a homoculus, because during 28, we say a alchemy reaction (the flash of bluish light).

Could he be Izumi's "child" remember when Wendy asked about Izumi's child and well the subject changed instantly.
Old 2004-04-19, 01:01   Link #6
terky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Hey guys, new here

Anyways, It seems as if Izumi knows the kid, I don't think he can be a homoculus, because during 28, we say a alchemy reaction (the flash of bluish light).

Could he be Izumi's "child" remember when Wendy asked about Izumi's child and well the subject changed instantly.
DUDE! thats exactly what i said in the sickied ep 28! i thought i was just crazy and really tired!
Old 2004-04-19, 18:31   Link #7
inu-fma88fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Hey guys, new here

me too. she was hugging the kid too. i was like what? i thought it was her kid or something close to that. spoiler... i think from some other discussiong i heard izumi lost something because she also saw the truth. maybe she too was trying to bring back someone from the dead and lost something that got something to do with her verginity. thats why she didn't had any kids. in this case, she didn't had any kids after that weird one in episode 28.
Old 2004-04-19, 18:39   Link #8
Mephista
Kemono no Renkinjutsushi

Maybe it was just the expression on his face, but... am i the only one who thought he looked like shou tucker in the very last scene of the episode? People were speculating in the intro that he was al, but al has grey eyes and his are unmistakably blue... I also highly doubt that he's izumi's child, because...

Spoiler:

Well, i'm joining everyone else in really wanting to see this explained in the next episode.
Old 2004-04-19, 18:40   Link #9
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Wendy?
Old 2004-04-19, 18:44   Link #10
Mephista
Kemono no Renkinjutsushi

I was thinking that, too... love your avatar, btw... ^__^
Old 2004-04-19, 21:18   Link #11
inv4zn
Dog of the Military

Send a message via ICQ to inv4zn
love his siggie even more x(
Old 2004-04-20, 06:44   Link #12
triniti
Blue Angel

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-20, 17:23   Link #13
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniti
Spoiler:
I thought it could be that since in the trailer, we can hear Al say "Brother, I saw it clearly, the wound on his shoulder/upper arm", which is where Ed was bitten by a fox in the same episode. This being also the arm Ed lost in the failed transfumation ^^.

Still, its only specs, could be just another nutty homuculus for all I know...
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-04-20, 18:51   Link #14
Delta_5

im new here but i had a few thoughts, ed's arm was lost when he attached al's souls to the armor and not when he transmuted his mother. so maybe that has something to do with it...

on another note, about the homoculus not being able to use alchemy. watch one of the early episodes, 2 i think it is, at the end when envy takes over as the reverend she makes the birds come back to life, only to disappear... thought there was no alchemic reaction, i guess this means envy can make things appear outside his/her own body.
Old 2004-04-20, 19:33   Link #15
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Ummm......scrumhalf Isn't that grav's sig? it says Gman in the corner.
Old 2004-04-21, 04:12   Link #16
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
Ummm......scrumhalf Isn't that grav's sig? it says Gman in the corner.
Is it? Hmm, if it's trademarked, then I'll take it off :/

I dunno, I just found and plucked it out of some Ed x Winry fansite. Didn't realise it was made by someone you know .
Old 2004-04-21, 05:54   Link #17
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

I think it was another Edward...maybe a hidden long lost memory manifested into being... heh....yeah right Einstein

Master Ran
Old 2004-04-21, 13:45   Link #18
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
For the keen:

Spoiler:

Just some observations, anyone else pick em up?
Old 2004-04-21, 14:30   Link #19
Palani
///_^

I noticed. This is obviously a transmutation reaction. This supports my theory that he isn't a homunculus even more. But that wasn't what I was thinking. What I was thinking what did he transmutate. From the silhouettes we saw before his appearance didn't change. I therefore now highly doubt he's achangeling as well. My thing is that he is created by transmutations that shouldn't have taken place. Human transmutation that is, He was created by body parts that have taken from people who lost them during transmutation. Ed and Al in this case. This is mere repeating what was said earlier.

What I was wondering then is does this happen everytime. Since we know that Izume performed Human transmutation herself and is therefore coughing up gallons of blood all the time what happened to what she lost. Is that merged with it too. Or has sth. else sprung to life from that. Just wanted to know your opinions about this
Old 2004-04-21, 16:19   Link #20
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
I noticed. This is obviously a transmutation reaction. This supports my theory that he isn't a homunculus even more. But that wasn't what I was thinking. What I was thinking what did he transmutate. From the silhouettes we saw before his appearance didn't change. I therefore now highly doubt he's achangeling as well. My thing is that he is created by transmutations that shouldn't have taken place. Human transmutation that is, He was created by body parts that have taken from people who lost them during transmutation. Ed and Al in this case. This is mere repeating what was said earlier.
To answer your question, he transmuted his clothes I thought because suddenly he was dressed...LOL In Ed's clothes...

I don't know about whether it has to do something with Al or not, but I think he definately has a link with Edward. Even if you just look at the muscular structure of the right arm, it looks like Ed's left arm.

Quote:
What I was wondering then is does this happen everytime. Since we know that Izume performed Human transmutation herself and is therefore coughing up gallons of blood all the time what happened to what she lost. Is that merged with it too. Or has sth. else sprung to life from that. Just wanted to know your opinions about this
I think it might be just Edward's version of the truth, if I may speculate. Since...
(Just in case)
Spoiler:

While he may "look" like Al, there's an eye comparison in the stickied topic I believe and his eyes are the same shape as Ed's. Yes, the colours of the eyes and hair are different, because he's NOT Ed, but the eye's shape are the closest. As for looking like Al, I think we can chalk it up to the animation style as opposed to actual resemblance, at least in my mind...until ep 29 comes out. ^^
Closed Thread