Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 09:22   Link #1
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Animesuki Counterstrike players?

Just wondering if any of you still play counterstrike. I've been on playing on and off and I still find myself enjoying this game a lot.

How about we start a team and play together on various servers? This won't be a real clan but just a bunch of players who acknowledge each other thru animesuki?
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:26   Link #2
RichMan
????

I play CS..

I'm still using 1.5 though.

Name the time and place(pick StarWars map, it's fun)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:38   Link #3
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
I play CS..

I'm still using 1.5 though.

Name the time and place(pick StarWars map, it's fun)
ah unfortunately, I have upgraded to 1.6. I don't understand why you haven't upgraded to it yet. Even though Steam was buggy at the beginning, it has steadily improved and is now very consistent. we get quick updates and I am liking it a lot now...

If you upgrade to 1.6, we could definitely start playing together. hell we could make AS tags for us...

ex: =-=AS--DragonZ20=-= or something like that...
Old 2004-05-18, 09:46   Link #4
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
That sounds like it could be fun. I'm not too great at CS though, I'm much better at DoD.. but I think that is a good idea.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:48   Link #5
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
I also play CS even today..., though im also using ver. 1.5..., also I cant play online since the game always say's that my CD-Key have expired or something..., anyway..., does any1 here plays BF1942?..., I have a squad there... errr... clan there...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:50   Link #6
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
I also play CS even today..., though im also using ver. 1.5..., also I cant play online since the game always say's that my CD-Key have expired or something..., anyway..., does any1 here plays BF1942?..., I have a squad there... errr... clan there...
hey hey.. don't be recruiting for your BF1942 clan in my thread when I am gathering CS players..

LOL
Old 2004-05-18, 10:06   Link #7
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
hey hey.. don't be recruiting for your BF1942 clan in my thread when I am gathering CS players..

LOL
ok... ok... im just asking... anyway... do you know the problem of my CS... I try connect but as the match start... the game will suddenly disconnect and it says... Invalid CD-Key... though I've put the correct CD-Key...?
Old 2004-05-18, 10:19   Link #8
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
ok... ok... im just asking... anyway... do you know the problem of my CS... I try connect but as the match start... the game will suddenly disconnect and it says... Invalid CD-Key... though I've put the correct CD-Key...?
hhmm sounds like someone might have stolen you cd key and used it. although from what i heard, even if someone used your cd-key, as long as they are not logged in the same server, you should be able to log on. So I am not sure what the problem is. why don't u try to upgrade 1.6 first and see if your problem still exist. If that doesnt work, call Sierra and tell them your problem. make sure you have all the booklets and box available in case they ask you to verify your claim and they may just give u new cd-key.
Old 2004-05-18, 12:30   Link #9
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Humm, CS eh? One of the main factors for me screwing up my first college (don't worry cs, I still love you ). I haven't played in months but I have the 1.6 on my computer. I used to be quite good but now I should be at about mediocore skill.

Name's Slade or ItDontMatta2Jesus . Hopefully none of the animesuki people are cheaters so we could have a few fun games in. If you get something going, post the time and I'll see if I can join in.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 14:36   Link #10
Necrodeath

Cool, I play CS, and I'd like to be part of some kind of fun clan with others from AS. I suck though but that shouldn't be a problem, I hope...
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 16:47   Link #11
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

cool... looks like the AS clan has just been born

again, this is purely for fun and not competition. I'll be playing a little bit tonite so I'll let you all know which server I hit up. And if you any of u want to create a cool looking tags for our clan then go ahead... we'll decide which one is the best one and use it. example: =-=AS--DragonZ20=-=
Old 2004-05-18, 17:29   Link #12
Ending

Don't like of CS much; been playing Natural-Selection.org instead. Much better if you can abide the current "v3" beta builds.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 18:20   Link #13
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Count in the original Unreal Tournament and I'm in. We did this in an old forum I was a part of, played UT and Quake 3, we had some fun with it for awhile, but it was only 2 of us at any given time due to other players not wanting/able to play at a certain time.

As for Unreal Tournament or others, we can have someone host a server/room and play just AnimeSuki users all at once, rather then trying to connect various people to one other public server, there might be no slots open, furthermore, it'll be more fun just animsuki users ^_^ (keeping the animesuki names would be a plus too)
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 19:08   Link #14
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I'm afraid 1.6 ruined the game for me. I'm still using 1.5 as well.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 19:17   Link #15
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

I admit that 1.6 was a bit of a hassle at the beginning but it's great now. All the updates are automatically given to as soon as you log on instead of looking for the right update or patch because you had to figure out if you had a retail version or platinum or whatever... it was a pain in the ass and now updates are so simple. log on, tells u that u need an update, take about a minute or so and then u're done. it's so simple and it's free. i love the simplicity of it. and the server search engine actually works this time. i say u all give 1.6 another go..
...... unless.. perhaps you acquired your cd-key from a cd-key generator or stole it from someone else... hhmmm
Old 2004-05-18, 19:31   Link #16
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
I admit that 1.6 was a bit of a hassle at the beginning but it's great now. All the updates are automatically given to as soon as you log on instead of looking for the right update or patch because you had to figure out if you had a retail version or platinum or whatever... it was a pain in the ass and now updates are so simple. log on, tells u that u need an update, take about a minute or so and then u're done. it's so simple and it's free. i love the simplicity of it. and the server search engine actually works this time. i say u all give 1.6 another go..
...... unless.. perhaps you acquired your cd-key from a cd-key generator or stole it from someone else... hhmmm
You're quick to assume that my problem with 1.6 is steam, but you're wrong. My problem with 1.6 is all of the functionality changes and additions that they made .
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 19:36   Link #17
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
You're quick to assume that my problem with 1.6 is steam, but you're wrong. My problem with 1.6 is all of the functionality changes and additions that they made .
such as?...
Old 2004-05-18, 19:39   Link #18
wnkryo
HainShodan

I play counter strike, and I have been playing it off and on for about 4 or more years now.

I dread 1.6, and still use 1.5.

But I still have quite a bit of experience with 1.6, but am waiting for 1.7 to do away with the problems I face with 1.6.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 19:40   Link #19
Imazul

1.6 changed all the weapon recoil and other stuff wich made hardcore player mad, alot of my friends still play 1.5 for these reasons.

I dont play CS anymore (I had 1.6 without steam because steam is evil), I play some Natural Selection but mostly Unreal Tournament 2k4 for now.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 21:30   Link #20
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
1.6 changed all the weapon recoil and other stuff wich made hardcore player mad, alot of my friends still play 1.5 for these reasons.

I dont play CS anymore (I had 1.6 without steam because steam is evil), I play some Natural Selection but mostly Unreal Tournament 2k4 for now.
Then are saying that 1.6 became much more challenging or became much more crap...?
Hell... I cant download the damn ver. 1.6... it's too big..., if only I was using a ISDN...