AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-12-14, 12:18   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1035 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The wait is over! Credit goes to Ap's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Zoro vs. King". The splash page is the beginning of a new cover ministory! This one seems to focus on Germa, and starts out with them making their escape from Whole Cake Island.

-Sanji's barrage sends Queen flying straight out of Onigashima! The cook, who's exhausted, approaches the geisha Osome, handing her pet mouse back to her. As he does, he briefly remembers the mouse he fed as a child, and asks the woman if she's okay.... before he passes out. Osome calls over the other geisha to help treat him. Sanji is declared the victor of this battle.

-Back to Zoro's battle, he discovers that when the flames on King's back die down, the all-star moves much faster! However, his defense decreases in exchange. As his mask got further damaged during this latest exchanged of blows, King just rips it off altogether, exposing his whole face! His shocked subordinates point out that his black wings, white hair, and brown skin are all characteristic of the Lunarian race. They also say that anyone who hands over any info about any surviving Lunarians to the WG will receive a 100 million berry reward. However, in response, King roasts his men with a fire dragon he shoots out of his swords!

-Zoro, on the other hand, doesn't care about how special King's race is. He simply wants to win before he gets killed by his own blade! As their furious bout continues, King tells him that only Kaidou will become Pirate King! We then get a flashback of when King and Kaidou first meet.... in a government research facility that's most likely Punk Hazard. The future emperor escaped from his confinement, and tells the Lunarian that he plans to create a mighty pirate crew! King asks him if he intends to change the world, and Kaidou answers yes, as only he is capable of doing that. He then breaks the young Lunarian free, and asks his name.... which is something like Arbel or Albert. However, upon recognizing his strength, Kaidou christens him King, and designates him as his right hand man....

-Back in the present, the battle rages on! King tries to swipe Zoro's blades, but the Pirate Hunter is unwilling to lose them again! As his opponent speeds up again, Zoro takes this chance to slice his opponent while his defenses are down! King then transforms back into his Pteranodon form, and tells his foe that he'll always remember him as his greatest opponent.... to which Zoro responds that will only be the case if he can survive his next attack! King unleashes his ultimate move, called Omori Karyuudon (Imperial Guardian Flame Dragon), while Zoro counters with a new technique of his own: En-Ou Santouryuu, Ippyaku Sanjou Hiryuu Jigoku (translates to something like "King of Hell's Three Dragons: 103 Emotions Flying Dragon Extreme Samurai"... yeah, long name, lol). So powerful is Zoro's counter, that it not only destroys the flame dragon (in a fashion that looks similar to Ryuma slaying the dragon in the Monsters one shot, may I add), but it takes out King, as well....!!!!!

-So, just a heads-up: TECHNICALLY, the magazine is on holiday break next week, which ordinarily means no chapter. However, it's long been a tradition for holiday chapters to leak early, and I don't think this year will be an exception. Just to clarify, here's the schedule for the next few issues (credit goes to MH's Erinyes for the info:

Quote:
-WSJ # 2-3 feat. Op 1035 official release on Dec 20th (JP timezone)-> spoiler today.

Break on Dec 27th - No WSJ

-WSJ issue 4-5 feat OP 1036 - official release Jan 4th (tbc) -> spoilers - certainly early, depending on providers, likely anywhere from dec 25th/26th, maybe even earlier. Which means, the earlier they come , the longer we will wait for the next one.

Break on Jan 10th - No WSJ

-Wsj issue #7 feat Op 1037 - official release Jan 17th - Spoilers should be out as usual, around Jan 11th.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-12-16 at 06:22.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 13:54   Link #2
WyrdMonger

I’m thinking that the Lunarians are somehow related to the ancient Kingdom that the Twenty King Alliance (which became the World Government) defeated.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 16:08   Link #3
Galaxian

Zoro will beat King, but he is not beating the racism allegations.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 18:03   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji having Lunarian DNA theories are dead, I guess. He possesses none of their feature other than being able to summon fire which he uses offensively rather than defensively like they do.

I wonder if Kaido was being held in that facility so they could research his DF or because he's an Oni. Wouldn't be surprised if Queen used to be a scientist there.

Not sure why King was even hiding his (handsome) face. The wings and the fire alone are dead give-aways. Not to mention he's part of one of the most powerful crew in the world that the WG won't dare to touch. His bounty is also a lot higher than the measly 100 million they're offering.
Old 2021-12-14, 19:35   Link #5
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji having Lunarian DNA theories are dead, I guess. He possesses none of their feature other than being able to summon fire which he uses offensively rather than defensively like they do.
Yeah, the flames essentially worked the opposite way for Sanji.

Quote:
Not sure why King was even hiding his (handsome) face. The wings and the fire alone are dead give-aways. Not to mention he's part of one of the most powerful crew in the world that the WG won't dare to touch. His bounty is also a lot higher than the measly 100 million they're offering.
The 100 million is just for information on Lunarian sightings. One unmasked picture of King = one Supernova's head.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 06:35   Link #6
marvelB

Summary updated! Queen's been finished off, and it looks like Zoro vs. King has reached its epic conclusion, as well. If so, that just leaves Raizou vs. Fukurokuju (granted that hasn't been off screened), Drake+Apoo vs. CP0 (ditto), Law+ Kid vs. Big Mom, and last, but not least, Luffy vs. Kaidou. Oh, and maybe Hiyori vs, Orochi, if that really counts as a "fight", I guess. She clearly intends to exact her revenge on the shogun, at least....

And yes, we're technically on break next week, but Christmas spoilers have long been a holiday tradition! So, don't be surprised if a new chapter thread pops up around next weekend, or even earlier!
Old 2021-12-16, 08:57   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Turns out King can use his flames offensively after all
Old 2021-12-16, 13:00   Link #8
Hoodspirit

Someone needs to ask Oda in SBS to draw King pulling his face back without the mask on.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 18:32   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Someone needs to ask Oda in SBS to draw King pulling his face back without the mask on.
Don't think it's that hard to imagine how he can pull that off; he just needs to tug at his hair instead of his mask, heh.
Old 2021-12-17, 12:10   Link #10
itachi-san314

Woah, Queen got shot that far? Wow lol

The Zoro King fight was great. King reminds me of a Final Fantasy villain now. Even though it looks like it's over, we probably will still get some more Lunarian info soon
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-17, 17:51   Link #11
P_Dezz

King got some of the Shandian features
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-17, 19:18   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It feels so weird to see King without the mask. I guess we'll find out more about the Lunarians when Sanji asks Robin if she's heard of them, because Zoro obviously doesn't give a damn.
Old 2021-12-17, 21:33   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It feels so weird to see King without the mask. I guess we'll find out more about the Lunarians when Sanji asks Robin if she's heard of them, because Zoro obviously doesn't give a damn.
Zoro asked King about it this chapter. King might answer him if he's beaten and can still talk
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-18, 03:54   Link #14
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
King reminds me of a Final Fantasy villain now.
*Cough*Sephiroth*Cough*
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-18, 04:43   Link #15
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
*Cough*Sephiroth*Cough*
Missed that comparison attempt by one wing there chief, and I'm pretty sure that neither of his forms have a Jurassic Park/Land before Time Pteranodon references. Anyhoo, back to the chapter, Enma definitely pulled its weight, but I wonder if we're gonna see Oden's other sword, the Ame no Habakiri, being used before the arc ends too outside of the flashback.
Old 2021-12-18, 09:04   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Zoro asked King about it this chapter. King might answer him if he's beaten and can still talk
I thought that was him being sarcastic. He later thinks to himself his race doesn't matter to him.
Old 2021-12-18, 22:03   Link #17
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, the Sanji vs Queen is over, although I would have liked Sanji to wake up Haoshoku Haki too, maybe he'll do it later, King's face was also seen and a bit of his past with Kaido, but it seems that he was defeated by Zoro, well wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 13:46   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Seen the chapter, the Sanji vs Queen is over, although I would have liked Sanji to wake up Haoshoku Haki too, maybe he'll do it later, King's face was also seen and a bit of his past with Kaido, but it seems that he was defeated by Zoro, well wait for the next chapter.
It wouldn’t be appropriate for Sanji’s character to awaken it since he doesn’t have the ambition to be a king.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 17:53   Link #19
Gerard07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It wouldn’t be appropriate for Sanji’s character to awaken it since he doesn’t have the ambition to be a king.
Well it's true that Sanji doesn't have such a strong ambition to be the best at something like Luffy and Zoro but I have maybe get one in the future (like wanting to be stronger to allow Luffy King of the Pirates or something like that).Well it is my wish that the 3 main fighters of the crew can use Haoushoku Haki, so I will try not to lose hope.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 18:57   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The requirements for CoC are super vague. Ace had it despite having no ambition. Same with Katakuri.