AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-29, 17:53   Link #1
Shadamehr

Tsunade's comment about Kabuto [Manga]

Tsunade: His strength ... may exceed even my own in my prime.

She's obviously physically stronger; he wasn't breaking walls with his punches. And since she can summon a boss animal, she's definitely got more chakra power than anything he was demonstrating to her in that fight. So what on earth was she talking about? Was this a mis-translation or something?
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 17:58   Link #2
Anthriel
天使

Well ... considering the fact she is a Sannin ... she was quite weak. At some points, Kabuto, a Jounin, seemed to do better than her.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:00   Link #3
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Well ... considering the fact she is a Sannin ... she was quite weak. At some points, Kabuto, a Jounin, seemed to do better than her.
Its one of the ugly sides of the naruto anime. Clear sexism in many ways.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:06   Link #4
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Maybe I like Tsunade too much or something, but I think that she was just underestimating herself. I mean, Oro talking about reviving her loved ones, Naruto bringing back up memories and stuff, so maybe she was a bit confused or something. Okay, I'm tired so maybe my choice of words isn't the best but... bleh. :\
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:07   Link #5
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Its one of the ugly sides of the naruto anime. Clear sexism in many ways.
Yeah, but in that case, it was way too extreme. Itachi is supposed to be around her level, yet he didn't have a problem with Jounins at all, whereas Tsunade could have died, if Kabuto wouldn't have been arrogant.
I don't mind Kabuto kicking ass, but I didn't remember Tsunade to be that weak.
Old 2004-07-29, 18:13   Link #6
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Yeah, but in that case, it was way too extreme. Itachi is supposed to be around her level, yet he didn't have a problem with Jounins at all, whereas Tsunade could have died, if Kabuto wouldn't have been arrogant.
I don't mind Kabuto kicking ass, but I didn't remember Tsunade to be that weak.
Who said Itachi is around Tsunade's level? Tsunade may completely beat Itachi or Itachi may win.

Itachi may not have such an easy time with Kabuto. I serioiusly doubt he would have an easy time with Gai.

You say it's sexism because Tsunade is exceeded in some points by a man? And only 1 man. Even though nobody in Naruto has been completely overbaearing in all aspects...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:23   Link #7
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Who said Itachi is around Tsunade's level? Tsunade may completely beat Itachi or Itachi may win.
"Around her level" does not mean an equal fight. However, the Sannin and Itachi are supposed to be the most powerful ninja, way above regular Jounin. Thus they are around the same level, the "above Jounin", or "Sannin" level.

Quote:
Itachi may not have such an easy time with Kabuto. I serioiusly doubt he would have an easy time with Gai.
Itachi beat Kakashi, one of the strongest Jounins, equal to Gai in terms of power, easily. He is feared by Orochimaru, the one who was able to kill the Hokage, the one who easily overpowered Kakashi (as Kakashi himself said). The show portrayed Itachi as superior to Jounins, including Kabuto and Gai. Yet Tsunade is portrayed as slightly, if at all, stronger than Kabuto.
Old 2004-07-29, 18:33   Link #8
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
Tsunade: His strength ... may exceed even my own in my prime.
My translation said "His senses and strenght..." maybe it was only meant to be his agillity and not his strength at all. Obviously he is far weaker (both physical strength and chakra -wise) than Tsunade.
Also, the whole fight against Tsunade was planned out. Kabuto intentionally waited for Tsunade to get tired before he took his soldier pill. Then, after losing the upper hand once again, he decides to take advantage of her super-weakness (blood phobia).
Old 2004-07-29, 18:35   Link #9
Tea Master

Tsunade and all other females are clearly portrayed as being weak and inferior to men in the manga and show. Kabuto was totally owning Tsunade and perhaps he would've killed her if it weren't for Jiraiya.
Tea Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:54   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Actually Tsunade would have killed Kabuto if not for her blood phobia. And then you have to take into account that she hasn't fought literally in decades. On top of that, Kabuto is easily the most mysterious character in the series; it's quite possible that Orochimaru didn't know his true strength when he said he was as strong as Kakashi.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:06   Link #11
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
My translation said "His senses and strenght..." maybe it was only meant to be his agillity and not his strength at all. Obviously he is far weaker (both physical strength and chakra -wise) than Tsunade.
Also, the whole fight against Tsunade was planned out. Kabuto intentionally waited for Tsunade to get tired before he took his soldier pill. Then, after losing the upper hand once again, he decides to take advantage of her super-weakness (blood phobia).
Hmm, I thought that too, but why say anything about strength at all then? Why not just "His senses may exceed my own, even in my prime?" or somesuch...

My opinion is that Tsunade easily outclasses Kabuto, and was simply not fighting at full strength, either due to frayed nerves or long years away from battle or some combination of the two. This is made pretty obvious by the fact that if she fought the way she did later, with the genesis rebirth ninpo and Katsuya on the field, Kabuto wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds.

But what was the meaning of this quote? It seems to so blatantly contradict what we see...
Old 2004-07-29, 19:22   Link #12
The Masamune

re

Quote:
And since she can summon a boss animal, she's definitely got more chakra power than anything he was demonstrating to her in that fight.

kabuto summons a giant snake in the fight ,
then takes a rasengan , after which he begins regenerating, which he said takes just about ALL his chakra.

and even after that kabuto summon the boss snake ; manda

so that argument isnt really convincing

hi btw to everyone ,
The Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:23   Link #13
raijin

Quote:
Hmm, I thought that too, but why say anything about strength at all then? Why not just "His senses may exceed my own, even in my prime?" or somesuch...

My opinion is that Tsunade easily outclasses Kabuto, and was simply not fighting at full strength, either due to frayed nerves or long years away from battle or some combination of the two. This is made pretty obvious by the fact that if she fought the way she did later, with the genesis rebirth ninpo and Katsuya on the field, Kabuto wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds.

But what was the meaning of this quote? It seems to so blatantly contradict what we see...
Well here's what Tsunade actually says in Japanese:

術のセンスと切れ味は私の全盛期すら超える...!

A more correct translation would be:

"His jutsu sense and sharpness surpass me in my prime...!"
raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:29   Link #14
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Masamune
kabuto summons a giant snake in the fight ,
then takes a rasengan , after which he begins regenerating, which he said takes just about ALL his chakra.

and even after that kabuto summon the boss snake ; manda

so that argument isnt really convincing

hi btw to everyone ,
I haven't watched the anime yet, but he certainly doesn't summon any snakes in the manga. Taking all his chakra to heal from Rasengan is a limit on how much chakra he has, not a sign that he must have a lot (and by the way, he explicitly said it wasn't enough to fully heal).

Also, he didn't summon manda, he just did the seal so Orochimaru could. It was Oro's blood, Oro's contract, and Oro's chakra that summoned Manda. It clearly could not have been Kabuto because he just said that he had none left. If he had more, he would have finished healing himself. I think they make it pretty clear his chakra is nowhere near any of the sannin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin
Well here's what Tsunade actually says in Japanese:

術のセンスと切れ味は私の全盛期すら超える...!

A more correct translation would be:

"His jutsu sense and sharpness surpass me in my prime...!"
Ah, that makes more sense.
Old 2004-07-29, 22:53   Link #15
Uzumaki_kitsune
Ookamiyasha(wolf demon)

Location: in this magical land where you can do whatever you want as long as you dont care
japan isn't the same thing as it is in america women still aren't treated the same as america

for instance a worker is set for life when he gets a job at a buisness while a women can still be fired and payed less
Uzumaki_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 23:17   Link #16
Hairydolphin

Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
Sorry this might be completly off topic but I didn't really want to start a new topic on this and this thread seems the most relevant. I was re-reading the manga chapters and Kabuto says something along the lines of "Fighting two legendary sannins at the same time is too risky...even for me"

Now correct me if I'm wrong or if they translated it incorrectly, but doesn't Kabuto imply like he is above the sannins? or stronger than them? He's talking about himself quite highly there.
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 23:45   Link #17
yinstro

ninja battles arent just about whosstronger, its about how twopeople match up, Itachi beat kakashi, but kakashi was protecting 2 people in that fight, as well as his actual loss came from going against a genjutsu which only a person of similiar bloodline limit has a chance against, gai matches up well against itachi due to his ability to fight wo having to make eye contact, theres another skill he could use he hasnt mentioned.

As far as kabuto hes similar to kakashi he fights with exellent strategy and knowledge, also he was losing to tsunade, just not easily, tsunade still way surpasses kabuto, the technique of regeneration is insane, but really, tsunade is easily the laziest of the 3 sannin since leaving leaf, jirauya has been in hiding following orochimaru etc, oro has been seeking infinite life and building a small army. she was very rusty, to speak honestly i think if she begins her training again, she can be incredibly deadly.
as far as women being weak, meh temari is pretty strong tsunade in regardless of her fighting sense has excellent summoning, and unmatchable abilities of healing
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 23:53   Link #18
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

It makes perfect sense. He, a medical nin, gives Tsunade the best medical nin ever a run for her money. Lets see, shes how old (50ish?), and he is 19. All she is saying is he could beat her at her best, and by the time he reaches her age he will probably by far surpass her abilities.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 00:15   Link #19
gibits
Endless

People please!

I think all you are taking this comment too seriously. I mean Kabuto also claimed that Shizune was good but she ending up sucking (from what I saw). We see Oro calling Naruto a scrub and then he Rasenganed Kabuto. Kimi thought to himself that Lee was good but then proceeded to kick his ass.

And I don't think Tsunade was getting owned at all. I mean even if exploiting a blood phobia isn't underhanded (what is with ninjas anyway), he had to give up use of a hand to do so.

After reviewing the chapters i see
1) Kabuto taking a soldier pill b/c he was having a hard time with her.
2)Hitting her with a muscle cutting tech. (where that line was uttered)
3)Tsundae one up'ing him by attacking his nervous system, she does this to buy time to heal herself, which she starts to do.
4)Kabuto surprises her by learning how to move and is about to bleed himself all over her (You're afraid of blood aren't you? I'll show you some now"), because he realizes that in his state he couldn't defeat her.
5)In comes the calvary, but Tsunade goes for the coup 'd grace anyway. Kabuto multilates himself and stops her on the spot. Again b/c he knew COULDN'T beat her straight up.

This leads to wonder why he didn't do this to begin with? My point being Tsunade would have beat Oro and Kabuto had it not been for her phobia. She got over it and was kicking major ass later on. And characters say the darnest things, this is just hype and only the gullible take them seriously, much less influenced by them.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 00:43   Link #20
Struggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
Sorry this might be completly off topic but I didn't really want to start a new topic on this and this thread seems the most relevant. I was re-reading the manga chapters and Kabuto says something along the lines of "Fighting two legendary sannins at the same time is too risky...even for me"

Now correct me if I'm wrong or if they translated it incorrectly, but doesn't Kabuto imply like he is above the sannins? or stronger than them? He's talking about himself quite highly there.
Kabuto didn't say it. Thoses were his thoughts. This is done by Inane.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...p04_kabuto.jpg

Kabuto is the most mysterious character on the show. It wouldn't suprise me if Kabuto was actually holding back.
Struggler is offline   Reply With Quote