AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-21, 00:04   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Rasengan Version 2.0

Just a thought, if the Rasengan uses only Chakra and no seals to perform, is it possible that Naruto can do some of the attacks in DBZ?

Maybe if Naruto starts practicing?

Genkidama
Cho-Kamehameha
Renzoku Energy Dan
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:14   Link #2
Shrimpusmaximus

I hope not. Its just... so crass, all those randomly large enegery balls and beams. Very freudian. Naruto has as of yet avoided energy beams of any type and I hope it stays that way.
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:17   Link #3
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Just a thought, if the Rasengan uses only Chakra and no seals to perform, is it possible that Naruto can do some of the attacks in DBZ?

Maybe if Naruto starts practicing?

Genkidama
Cho-Kamehameha
Renzoku Energy Dan
Well, I dont know what these "DBZ" attacks you are describing are, but:

There is no evidence that you can throw a rasengan at all.
Quite the contrary, it seems that as soon as you lose focus it dissassociates into random threads of chakura that quickly disperse.

The other thing is that its main downside is the fact that its a close distance Jutsu. If he could employ it at range he'd be a piece of human field artillery. A decent alternative would be to have his kagebunshin form it, if possible. He can send them into harm's way without any trouble. (of course he seems to like to put himself in harms way too)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:28   Link #4
callowmallow
Freshman Member

Send a message via AIM to callowmallow
for reals....

we've already seen energy-based blades, marionette strings, etc.

chakra "laser-like" beams out of the fingers might not be out of the question--

rasengan's physics aren't too different from a destructo-disk, haha
callowmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:43   Link #5
Lick_Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Lick_Monkey Send a message via MSN to Lick_Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Lick_Monkey
Lol, yeah. I would hate to see another enery blast in a anime that I watch.
Lick_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 04:02   Link #6
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Well, I dont know what these "DBZ" attacks you are describing are, but:

There is no evidence that you can throw a rasengan at all.
Quite the contrary, it seems that as soon as you lose focus it dissassociates into random threads of chakura that quickly disperse.

The other thing is that its main downside is the fact that its a close distance Jutsu. If he could employ it at range he'd be a piece of human field artillery. A decent alternative would be to have his kagebunshin form it, if possible. He can send them into harm's way without any trouble. (of course he seems to like to put himself in harms way too)
that only means that if you can concentrate such that your resengan keeps its shape even if it is further away from you, you can "throw" the rasengan
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 04:40   Link #7
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

And then the next thing you know, there's CSL3, super ninja Naruto level 4, explosions in the action scenes everywhere, green villans, and Naruto goes off on a quest with his grand daughter.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 04:59   Link #8
brassmonkey

i think once the rasengan leaves naruto's palm, all the potential energy would disperse. the reason for the 3rd stage was to continue to control the spin of chakra to make the rasengan right?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 08:44   Link #9
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
When Jiraya did the Rasengan the first time, on the brothers outside the bar...The Rasengan stayed in the guys gut and pushed him all the way across the shirt while spinning him every which way before it dispersed IIRC.

So, IIRC, it can be maintained away from the user after it has made contact with the object..
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 09:12   Link #10
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
When Jiraya did the Rasengan the first time, on the brothers outside the bar...The Rasengan stayed in the guys gut and pushed him all the way across the shirt while spinning him every which way before it dispersed IIRC.

So, IIRC, it can be maintained away from the user after it has made contact with the object..

the way i saw it, the rasengan made contact with the guys chest, span a bit and then dispersed causing the wind and shit which blew him across the street...
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 10:19   Link #11
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri

actually the rasengan wasn't at the body, when jiraiya first contacted the rasengan on the man's body, he was already starting to spin, with a shove, jiraiya releases the rasengan and it disperses its concentration and the guy went flying.

compare it to when naruto shoved the rasengan into kabuto and held it there.

the damage difference is alot.
Old 2004-12-21, 20:12   Link #12
Bombermanofdeath
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
And then the next thing you know, there's CSL3, super ninja Naruto level 4, explosions in the action scenes everywhere, green villans, and Naruto goes off on a quest with his grand daughter.
Funny, I thought I remember seeing Itachi do a varified Super Ghost Kamikaze attack against Kakashi and co.
Bombermanofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 20:35   Link #13
coash

we need to keep naruto fights to melee, or if not melee, then NOT energy balls for range attacks.
i mean look how cool neji's fights are
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 21:33   Link #14
brassmonkey

i think naruto's pretty powerful already, he's like a freaking energizer battery that wun run dry. he's an army of his own, kagebunshin, unkillable, quick healing, fox transformation.

i'm surprised the hokage haven't made use of him to demolish other villages yet. imagine naruto use kage bunshin to create over 1000 clones and they all transform into the fox..
Old 2004-12-21, 22:54   Link #15
Zek
Eyebrows...

In the manga there was never any sign of the Rasengan maintaining its shape as it pushed Kabuto back. I very highly doubt it will ever be more than a close-ranged attack.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 00:21   Link #16
brassmonkey

although.. i wish that they will really show which is better, rasengan or chidori.. i'd say rasengan.. but it's not really proven
Old 2004-12-22, 00:58   Link #17
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

Can you say Kage Bunshin HA!
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 01:24   Link #18
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

i think a cooler attack would be if Naruto learned a water jutsu like the one Zabuza did ( Kakashi copies to finish Zabuza) and when everythings flooded, do a rasengan in the water to destroy everything since rasengan seems to work well with water... now that would be better than any energy ball

or maybe do a water justu that flies at someone, like the one kakashi and Kisame did and then combine it with the Rasengan so it can transfer through the water from a distance??
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 03:03   Link #19
brassmonkey

i don't know.. personally i think naruto's too powerful already.. i mean, he has 3 trumph cards. gamabunta, and rasengan. if these 2 fails, he has something really powerful to use.. i don't think i'm allowed to say. i'm pretty sure he don't need to learn anymore jitsu. though i wonder what jiraiya's gonna teach him this time.. maybe teach him to spin the chakra properly eh? seriously i don't know what's he gonna learn this time
Old 2004-12-22, 03:03   Link #20
callowmallow
Freshman Member

Send a message via AIM to callowmallow
aside from neji and whatever he can do, let's remember that gathering chakra outside of the body is ALREADY a major task-- outside of the confines of the container-- another example is that water bullet dragon that kakashi uses against zabuza and in the movie, chakra can be maintain outside, granted within an element, and travel.

however we want to look at it, it can be done, but will it be done to such an extent as "fireballs" and what not?
callowmallow is offline   Reply With Quote