AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 22:47   Link #1
lufia

Gaara stronger than Kage?

i rewatched my naruto episodes and in one of them said that the mizukage couldn't kill gaarahis son(they used him as a experiment). does this mean gaara is as strong or strogner than the rank kage?
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 23:04   Link #2
lotus_lee

Nah, it just means that the Sand Country's Kage are crapper than the Fire's. Also, I don't recall the Mizukage wanting to kill Gaara. Or was it really that long ago?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 00:53   Link #3
fieryshadowcard

Either you've gotten names mixed up or the episode translation you watched was crappy. It's not Mizukage (who reigns over Hidden Village of Mist in Water Country) but Kazekage (who reigns over Hidden Village of Sand in Wind Country).

Also, while I do suspect that Kazekage is weaker than the Third as Hokage, I think it's more complicated than just strength.

Despite my belief that Kazekage is selfish, greedy, power-hungry, cowardly, and many other things not fit for a kage to be, the fact remains that to have that title means he is still the strongest ninja in the Hidden Sand. So, why send a bunch of grunts weaker than him to do his dirty work? He's never personally attempted to deal with Gaara; it's always someone else he ordered. If he's really the strongest, why hasn't he learned his lesson and tried to deal with Gaara personally? Obviously, the reason is that he can't.

Furthermore, Gaara clearly hates his pisspot of a father. So, then, why hasn't Gaara killed the Kazekage? The answer is most PROBABLY that he can't.

My theory is that the two are at a standstill of power. Kazekage under normal circumstances would be able to hold his own against Gaara's powers, but that doesn't mean he would win. Gaara's powers would probably have no effect on Kazekage's abilities (or simply Kazekage), but that does not mean Gaara would lose. I suspect the answer lies in the binding of Shukaku, some special rules, such as the creator cannot undo what he has done (Kazekage cannot be the one to destroy Shukaku or its host), and Gaara either doesn't have the power to defeat his father, or the binding also means that the creation cannot harm the creator. My theory is that it's a stalemate. If it's not that, then the only other answer is that it's a plothole, because after twelve long years, it stands to reason that one would have killed the other. If there's ANYONE Gaara hated, it would have to have been his father.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:04   Link #4
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It could be that even though they wanted to kill Gaara, they still needed him to conquer Konoha. Either that or it was just a lie and the assassination attempts were just to test his abililties.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:36   Link #5
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

In terms of raw power(non-physical/chakra-wise), Id say Gaara has the advantage over his father and the Hokage, since he does have Shukaku sealed inside him and the only time we've seen Gaara near-depleted of chakra was during his fight with Naruto, who also has a demon sealed inside of him. Also, Kankuro also remarked that he'd never seen Gaara as depleted as he was after that fight.

In an actual fight, Id say Gaara would have the advantage over the Kazekage, if he were to transform into the demon. This is true only during the Chuunin Exam, but after, Id say Gaara wouldnt necessarily have to transform to win since he's gained some new abilities since that time.

Against the Hokage, well, Im a fan of the old man, and being Hokage requires the knowledge of 1000 jutsus, so Im certain the he'd find a way to counter anything Gaara had to throw at him. Against Gaara in his fully transformed state, I think Id still give the win to the Hokage. Assuming that he knows that the weakness of the sleeping jutsu is to wake the caster up, and that Enma would have the power to get him close enough to phyiscally attack Gaara.

Also, saying that Gaara is stronger or weaker than the Kage Level doesnt sound right, since not all Kages are alike in terms of strength. Oro dispatched with the KazeKage pretty easily, I would assume, since no one knew of his death until after the war, but against the Hokage, he barely won. And he paid a very heavy price for his victory.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 03:27   Link #6
Jewpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
In terms of raw power(non-physical/chakra-wise), Id say Gaara has the advantage over his father and the Hokage, since he does have Shukaku sealed inside him and the only time we've seen Gaara near-depleted of chakra was during his fight with Naruto, who also has a demon sealed inside of him. Also, Kankuro also remarked that he'd never seen Gaara as depleted as he was after that fight.

In an actual fight, Id say Gaara would have the advantage over the Kazekage, if he were to transform into the demon. This is true only during the Chuunin Exam, but after, Id say Gaara wouldnt necessarily have to transform to win since he's gained some new abilities since that time.

Against the Hokage, well, Im a fan of the old man, and being Hokage requires the knowledge of 1000 jutsus, so Im certain the he'd find a way to counter anything Gaara had to throw at him. Against Gaara in his fully transformed state, I think Id still give the win to the Hokage. Assuming that he knows that the weakness of the sleeping jutsu is to wake the caster up, and that Enma would have the power to get him close enough to phyiscally attack Gaara.

Also, saying that Gaara is stronger or weaker than the Kage Level doesnt sound right, since not all Kages are alike in terms of strength. Oro dispatched with the KazeKage pretty easily, I would assume, since no one knew of his death until after the war, but against the Hokage, he barely won. And he paid a very heavy price for his victory.
First of all, for the kazekage i am pretty sure that i would agree with the stalemate, but i would think that kazekage feared gaara even though he knew it was a stalemate, and would not fight him, but just manipulated him so that he could be cowardly and behind the scenes as he always was.

also about the knowledge of 1000's of justsus to become the hokage? i dont think that is a "Requirement". i believe that of course, the third was known to be the professor, knowledgeable in many different justsu's himself. but the other hokage's were strong in different ways, such as the fourth with his techniques, and the fifth with hers. i believe that being a strong leader to be able to defend and care for the village of the leaf would be the best requirement for a hokage.

as for fighting against gaara in the transformed state? i agree with you for also another reason. since kyuubi can defeat gaara transformed into that weasel , and the fourth obviously had to use the death seal on the kyuubi, i believe that the third would not have to take it to that extreme of a level to defeat gaara.
Jewpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 03:34   Link #7
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
It could be that even though they wanted to kill Gaara, they still needed him to conquer Konoha. Either that or it was just a lie and the assassination attempts were just to test his abililties.
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. The Kazekage wanted to keep Gaara alive and transform him into the ultimate killing machine.
The kazakage being weaker then the Hokage seems acceptable, but we don't know if the Kazakage is weak. After all he was killed by Orochimaru who did kill the fourth. So not much shame in losing from Orochimaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Against the Hokage, well, Im a fan of the old man, and being Hokage requires the knowledge of 1000 jutsus, so Im certain the he'd find a way to counter anything Gaara had to throw at him.
Not quite, Kakashi knows a 1000 Jutsu's, And the Hokage knew all of Konoha's Jutsu as said by Orochimaru. Fact of the matter is that he used Doton so probably all Konoha's Jutsus and some more.
Old 2004-12-24, 04:07   Link #8
thedemonwithin

i doubt the kazekage could kill gaara in their own village mainly because it is the village of sand, the whole place is sand, and gaara can use sand however he wants so i doubt the kazekage could take him out there however perhaps in another area not so abundent in sand i believe the kazekage could kill gaara
thedemonwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 10:10   Link #9
wb_hicks

i always took it as his father kept putting garaa in life and death situations just to try to get him to control his power. since it was said that garaa couldnt control his power when he was younger. what better way then to try to kill him as was of training him. if he really wanted him dead i would figure he would do it himself. yet he still has garaa go on missions for the village, and still try to kill him. ya this is a fucked up way to get someone to learn how to control their power but jaraiya did throw naruto off a cliff to get him to be able to summon kyubi charka almost at will now.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 11:01   Link #10
brassmonkey

no way... yondaime managed to deal with the kyuubi.. gaara is easy compared to that
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 11:32   Link #11
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
no way... yondaime managed to deal with the kyuubi.. gaara is easy compared to that
Yondaime died while dealing the Kyuubi.

If the kage made any personal attempts to kill him won't he be dead? But also consider the fact that the country is full of sand, Gaara has complete control over sand, he can do whatever condense it, etc...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 22:25   Link #12
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
if garaa is/was stronger than kage...then naruto is stronger than kage...naruto kicked garaa's ass...but hmm if kage is stronger than naruto..then its rock paper scissors
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 23:35   Link #13
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
if garaa is/was stronger than kage...then naruto is stronger than kage...naruto kicked garaa's ass...but hmm if kage is stronger than naruto..then its rock paper scissors
Naruto really barely tied...
Old 2004-12-24, 23:49   Link #14
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Have any of you considered that a father, no matter how deranged and perverse he is, might not want to kill his son with his own hands...?
Old 2004-12-25, 00:02   Link #15
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think Kazekage could easily have killed Gaara himself if he wanted to. Just because he's a trivial character who has only been shown as a corpse and in one flashback scene doesn't mean he's weak. He's a kage ffs, the strongest ninja in the village of Sand. At the very least, he's stronger than the Jounin in charge of the Sand trio, whatever his name was...

I have two main ideas as to why he never killed Gaara:

1. It's political. Maybe Kazekage does not want his attempts to assassinate his son(unpopular though he may be) to come to light, and as such has no choice but to have the job done by other ninjas. Maybe the Jounins were also too high profile.

2. He still wants Gaara to become the village's secret weapon, but is concerned over his inability to control his powers. So the assassinations were just a ruse to force Gaara to become stronger(they also had the side-effect of stabilizing his mentality to an extent) until he could be useful to the village. Most likely the assassins themselves didn't know about this. If they succeeded in killing him, then oh well, Gaara wasn't strong enough to be of use anyway.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:54   Link #16
brassmonkey

i don't think its political. he could give some bullcrap story about how gaara wants to destroy all of sand, and having no choice but to sacrifice his son for the sake of sand.

personally i don't know why he wanted gaara killed. i don't believe if sand together attacked gaara, they would lose, look at how easily gai slapped away gaara's attempt to use desert coffin?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 21:37   Link #17
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac
also about the knowledge of 1000's of justsus to become the hokage? i dont think that is a "Requirement". i believe that of course, the third was known to be the professor, knowledgeable in many different justsu's himself. but the other hokage's were strong in different ways, such as the fourth with his techniques, and the fifth with hers. i believe that being a strong leader to be able to defend and care for the village of the leaf would be the best requirement for a hokage.
It may not have been a requirement after the events of the chuunin exam since the Leaf were pretty desperate to find someone to take the Third's place, but from what Ebisu said, it is one of the requirements for being the Hokage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Not quite, Kakashi knows a 1000 Jutsu's, And the Hokage knew all of Konoha's Jutsu as said by Orochimaru. Fact of the matter is that he used Doton so probably all Konoha's Jutsus and some more.
Chapter 2, pg. 15
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 00:29   Link #18
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Yondaime died while dealing the Kyuubi.

If the kage made any personal attempts to kill him won't he be dead? But also consider the fact that the country is full of sand, Gaara has complete control over sand, he can do whatever condense it, etc...

sorry but you cant compare Shukake or w/e the hell its name is to the Kyuubi. The Kyuubi is a youma, a demon, and the strongest of the nine too. The 'thing' inside Gaara is the spirit of a sand priest that was sealed inside a tea kettle. The Shukake (spl) may be strong but at most it's as strong as Gamabunta. There is no way any Kage of the 5 powerful villages would die trying to kill the dumb badger. Imagine if Tsunade were up against Shukak, i bet she could turn him to dust with one punch.... hell a damn genin(a very strong and powerful genin might i add) beat him. I bet Chouji coulda taken on Gaara after he took the second pill maybe not maybe yes

Now that the Kyuubi > Gaara by a huge gap is established, imagine this...
Naruto's life is switched with Gaara's and everyone hates Naruto. The Third, or even Tsunade, sees Naruto as the Fourth's mistake so they decide to get rid of him because they conclude that Naruto will be too powerful in the future. Even if Naruto gained full control of the Kyuubi, do you think the Third or Tsunade would have any trouble taking Naruto apart? The Kages are the strongest people in the village, so yes that includes stronger than Gaara and Naruto.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 01:20   Link #19
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh-zoo-mah-kee
sorry but you cant compare Shukake or w/e the hell its name is to the Kyuubi. The Kyuubi is a youma, a demon, and the strongest of the nine too. The 'thing' inside Gaara is the spirit of a sand priest that was sealed inside a tea kettle. The Shukake (spl) may be strong but at most it's as strong as Gamabunta. There is no way any Kage of the 5 powerful villages would die trying to kill the dumb badger. Imagine if Tsunade were up against Shukak, i bet she could turn him to dust with one punch.... hell a damn genin(a very strong and powerful genin might i add) beat him. I bet Chouji coulda taken on Gaara after he took the second pill maybe not maybe yes
Shukaku is many times stronger than Gamabunta... did you not watch the fight? Tsunade's punch won't even flinch Shukaku while Shukaku will simply do an air blast thing and make a 100 meter wide crater where Tsunade should've been.... You seriously underestimate Shukaku for I have a feeling that you haven't watched it or rather didn't pay attention at all.
Old 2004-12-26, 01:26   Link #20
lufia

Naruto is a exception to all genins. Having the mass chakra of the kyubi and summoning gambunta is a level Sennin jutsu which is above jouin level. Sennin i sjust about as strong as hokage because any of those 3 sennins are strong enough to be 1. any other genin would be dead. its impossible for chouji to win even if he took the 3rd pill because he is very slow and weak compared to the monster. one hit from that monster will kill him. username is right shukake is much stronger than you think. Tsunade slug is the weakest we seen so far from the monsters.
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote