AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-08-09, 17:00   Link #1
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

[Manga] Is MS going to be a good thing or bad thing for Sasuke

MS is probably one of the ultimate trump cards in the Narutoverse yes, but we've also seen how it effects the users; eyesight and chakra stamina. If Orochimaru has been teaching forbidden jutus to Sasuke all this time, would he really want to sacrifice his chakra for the MS when he has an arsenal of other powerful jutus that the chakra could be used for. Was that what Sasuke meant by "finding power his own", not meaning finding a different way of obtaining the MS but gaining power without the MS all together?
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 17:08   Link #2
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
The deal about eyesight is just a theory and not confirmed yet.
And what do you mean by "chakra stamina"? MS users doesnt get lowered stamina, they just get powerful moves that happen to drain a lot of chakra. It's not really a drawback since the user can simply deside not to use any overdraining moves when in need of chakra otherwise.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 17:20   Link #3
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
And what do you mean by "chakra stamina"? MS users doesnt get lowered stamina, they just get powerful moves that happen to drain a lot of chakra. It's not really a drawback since the user can simply deside not to use any overdraining moves when in need of chakra otherwise.
Exactly what I mean by stamina, if sasuke were to use the MS moves, his chakra would be consumed a lot quicker, and in a fight against say Naruto, Sasuke would need all the chakra and stamina he could get. Technically the MS is a drawback; the user would be tempted to use the MS because of its power regardless of its necessity, as the case when Itachi used the MS on Kakashi and Sasuke. Because of that, and because he had to escape the frog stomach, Itachi had to run away from Jirayi, regardless of whether or not he was stronger than the Sannin. What if this happens to Sasuke? I think the MS would only inhibit him.
Old 2006-08-09, 17:50   Link #4
Thrillhouse

*dream*

Something happens to Sasuke, he gives his eyes to naruto, naruto can do MS multiple times since he has a huge chakra pool.
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 18:02   Link #5
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
I dont see how this could ever be anything but good for Sasuke.
His ultimate goal is to kill his brother, and he's going to give it all for that. A MS is something he definitely will need when fighting Itachi primarily to avoid Tsukiyomi, if he doesnt figure out another way to counter it, which I doubt. Getting MS is the easiest way, and Sasuke never takes the long route.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 18:23   Link #6
Slayerx

Quote:
MS is probably one of the ultimate trump cards in the Narutoverse
And there you have it...
Just because you have the MS doesn't mean you have to use it... Sasuke can have all the his moves, Oro's moves, and the MS... Bascially he just uses his normal moves until he NEEDS to use the MS (such as escaping from a frog's stomach)...

MS jutsus do indeed use a huge amount of chakra, but they come with incredible power... if your loosing, one shot from the MS maybe all it takes to turn the battle in your favor... The chakra you loose is less than the damage done to the enemy...

So, take the MS, but instead of abusing, just save it as the "ultimate trump card"
... Just because Itachi Abuses it doesn't mean Sasuke would...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 18:32   Link #7
Razz

Forgetting the time when Itachi used the MS on Sasuke, we haven't seen him use it carelessly.

1. He was forced to use it on Kakashi to save time. Had he used his normal moves, Anbu would've arrived along with Gai etc and that would've turned into a war.

2. When he used Amaterasu to escape the frog's stomach. It was either that or become frog food.

He only seems to use it carelessly on Sasuke for his own purposes which is very interesting because to him Sasuke seems to be very important. I wish Kishimoto would show more of Itachi and reveal his intentions :/
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 18:47   Link #8
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
1. He was forced to use it on Kakashi to save time. Had he used his normal moves, Anbu would've arrived along with Gai etc and that would've turned into a war.
Not true. Itachi could had killed Kakashi any second he wanted to. He simply was testing Kakashi's skills since after all, he had his clan most dangerous asset. He only used MS on Kakashi to show him the difference between the amateur and the true masters of the Sharingan; nothing more.

Quote:
2. When he used Amaterasu to escape the frog's stomach. It was either that or become frog food.
Well he could had used it on Jiraiya; but that would had killed Kisame and Naruto as well but that is another story. For whatever reasons, Itachi had no desire to kill Konoha members during that mission.

In the end though, Itachi always had a motive to using the MS. He never abused it or used it foolishlessly.
Old 2006-08-09, 19:42   Link #9
Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Not true. Itachi could had killed Kakashi any second he wanted to. He simply was testing Kakashi's skills since after all, he had his clan most dangerous asset. He only used MS on Kakashi to show him the difference between the amateur and the true masters of the Sharingan; nothing more.

He tried using a normal ninjutsu on Kakashi, and saw his answer to it. He knew if it went any further without the MS, there'd be lots of commotion which would draw attention to other ninjas, so he was FORCED to use the MS to save time. He could've killed Kakashi after that, but he didn't :x
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 20:47   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura
Exactly what I mean by stamina, if sasuke were to use the MS moves, his chakra would be consumed a lot quicker, and in a fight against say Naruto, Sasuke would need all the chakra and stamina he could get. Technically the MS is a drawback; the user would be tempted to use the MS because of its power regardless of its necessity, as the case when Itachi used the MS on Kakashi and Sasuke. Because of that, and because he had to escape the frog stomach, Itachi had to run away from Jirayi, regardless of whether or not he was stronger than the Sannin. What if this happens to Sasuke? I think the MS would only inhibit him.
On the contrary, Sasuke can't compete with Naruto in either stamina or chakra no matter what. So he needs the ability to end the fight quickly if he wants to win(theoretically). I don't see how the MS can be perceived as a weakness. If the situation doesn't call for it, he doesn't use it, simple as that. And considering how absurdly powerful MS jutsus are, there are a lot of situations where it will be indispensible.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 21:22   Link #11
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz
He tried using a normal ninjutsu on Kakashi, and saw his answer to it. He knew if it went any further without the MS, there'd be lots of commotion which would draw attention to other ninjas, so he was FORCED to use the MS to save time. He could've killed Kakashi after that, but he didn't :x
I think Itachi relies on the MS too much ever since he obtained them, it's like how Naruto relied on the Kyubi chakra. Itachi has unbelievably fast handseal movements, he could've easily taken out Kakashi with some techique, considering Kakashi was unable to see Itachi's handseals. Notice how both Itachi and Naruto have cursed whatevers at their disposal, it seems that Itachi depends on the MS too much, even though he doesn't necessarily need to. Naruto, however, is beginning to learn not to use the Kyubi chakra, which will prevent him from becoming Kyubi's slave in a sort of way. If Sasuke gets the MS, he'll probably become a slave to its power, forsakening everything else at his disposal.
Old 2006-08-09, 21:27   Link #12
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
On the contrary, Sasuke can't compete with Naruto in either stamina or chakra no matter what. So he needs the ability to end the fight quickly if he wants to win(theoretically). I don't see how the MS can be perceived as a weakness. If the situation doesn't call for it, he doesn't use it, simple as that. And considering how absurdly powerful MS jutsus are, there are a lot of situations where it will be indispensible.
It's not the MS itself persay, it's the fact that it's so "powerful" that the user becomes too dependent on it, like how the Kyubi's powers are so great that Naurto became dependent on it.
Old 2006-08-09, 22:00   Link #13
Airaku
####

Sasuke doesn’t have to worry about exhausting his chakra as long as he has the CS. Since we don’t know where the CS draws chakra from we can’t put a limit on the amount it is able to produce. For all we know, the CS may be linked to some chakra reservoir that will continually replenish itself.
As for the vision problem, I guess he’ll just have to start wearing corrective lenses.
In any case, I don’t think Sasuke should get MS because if he did it would mean that he killed Naruto and then the manga would end.

----------
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura
It's not the MS itself persay, it's the fact that it's so "powerful" that the user becomes too dependent on it, like how the Kyubi's powers are so great that Naurto became dependent on it.
I don’t see the problem in becoming dependent on a powerful jutsu.

Last edited by Airaku; 2006-08-09 at 22:20.
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 22:51   Link #14
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Not exactly. He had overwhelmed everyone there with a barrage of subtle multiple A+ (A and S) ranked jutsus and all we (and Kakashi) saw was him lowering a hand revealling shurikens. Even with the sharingan, Kakashi barely, and I mean barely escaped from jutsus that Itachi wasn't even trying to begin with. Kakashi in no shape or form was a match for Itachi.

- Itachi Taijutsu pretime skip >>>> Kakashi Taijutsu preitme skip
- Itachi Genjutsu powers is the strongest shown so far. He can even counter genjutsus (and no I don't mean breaking genjutsus but actually countering them)
- Itachi Ninjutsu pretime skip is still the fastest ninjutsu we have ever seen even considering post timeskip.

In short, pre-timeskip Kakashi won't last seconds against Itachi. Heck, it is arguable that pre-timeskip Kakashi won't last against Kabuto who isn't even in pre timeskip Itachi's league. Kakashi rocks, but he was never going to prolong any fight.

Quote:
Since we don’t know where the CS draws chakra from we can’t put a limit on the amount it is able to produce.
Actually we do know where the CS draws chakra from. The CS operates similiar to Gai/Lee's gates in that it allows you access to your true powers just that the CS demands a heavy price for it (well the gates as well).

The MS also cause no sight problems as we know. There was one hint that remotely suggests this; and by now it is more likely that the hint more refers to Kakashi getting the MS since Itachi as a fellow MS user should had been able to tell instantly.
Old 2006-08-09, 23:17   Link #15
tkdtiger

I doubt Itachi uses the MS recklessly. It seems to me that he uses it for very specific reasons. I disagree that the hint refers soley to Kakashi though as he didn't have MS at the time. Anyways I don't think MS is the strongest in the Naruto universe atleast not by itself, although it's still would rank high. The greatest weakness is that atleast one of the MS ability requires eye contact and the other is fairly hard to aim, thus it seems Itachi would only use it for specific reasons.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 23:19   Link #16
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Uh hello, it's not like some crazy fan said it. Kikashi said it, and he has the MS so I think he knows.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 23:30   Link #17
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sasuke deserves better than the MS.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 06:52   Link #18
Airaku
####

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Actually we do know where the CS draws chakra from. The CS operates similiar to Gai/Lee's gates in that it allows you access to your true powers just that the CS demands a heavy price for it (well the gates as well).
Kuso!--I don't remember reading that anywhere...are you sure it works the same way as the gates?

Old 2006-08-10, 07:00   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
Kuso!--I don't remember reading that anywhere...are you sure it works the same way as the gates?
Each Gate seems to have particular effect so no, not exactly like the Gates.
In the other it was stated that the CS forcibly draw out chakra from the user.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 07:12   Link #20
Airaku
####

Yes, that makes a lot more sense.
So...in that case it's possible the CS can offer a limitless source of chakra, right? I mean as long as the person bearing the CS can handle that kind of strain.