AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-16, 15:33   Link #1
xeph0n

unexpected twist in life

Hey guys, im looking for an anime where the person lives a normal life like going to school or whatever normal life is (when i mean normal i mean what the character usually does so if fantasy, mechs.. etc.. is normal in the story then its fine),and suddenly comes across something thats out of this world or something which brings it to sci-fi or fantasy . Then the character has responsibilties to face and brings him(preferably male no offense to females) through an adventure/action.

Some animes i had in mind:
Kiba(comes across a shard caster which brings him to another world)
Zero no Tsukaima(when Saito appears things go out of the ordinary)

Dang.. i know im missing something but thats all i remember.. appreciate ur help.
Old 2006-09-16, 15:56   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

For some reason, the first that comes to mind is:

Shakugan no Shana

Pretty good show I must say.
Old 2006-09-16, 16:16   Link #3
tritoch

Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventure
Black Heaven : Hard Rock Saves Earth (yeah, the title really gives out)
Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku (now and then, here and there)
Several shonen anime like: Flame of Recca, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rave Master (basically a normal guy goes on to become a good fighter/whatever/etc)
Gantz
Old 2006-09-16, 17:32   Link #4
Budweineken
Crap

Vision of Escaflowne
This Ugly and Beautiful World
Fate/stay night
Märchen Awakens Romance
Noein
Zegapain
Twelve Kingdoms
Old 2006-09-16, 17:42   Link #5
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The Twelve Kingdoms - the main characters are tranported to a medieval fantasy world out of the blue and have to face the new reality.

Rah Xephon, Gundam SEED...pretty much any mecha that I have watched has a main character who suddenly leaves school and his peaceful life and gets into the action, discovering his amazing piloting abilities.

Mai-HiME (and most magical girl series, I suspect) has a main character who suddenly discovers her hidden superpower. But the female/male character ratio is like 10 to 1 so I guess it does not your bill exactly.

Old 2006-09-16, 18:07   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

Following the previous posters ideas, there are lots of manga where the main character female goes into a fantasy world and their boyfriend is male and it's a great story.

Fushigi Yuugi has that theme. The manga is 18 volumes long, and it is a lot longer than the anime, which only goes up to volume 13. In the 18 volume manga, the main heroine is taken into a fantasy world in a book, finds a great boyfriend and goes on a memorable journey. The second half, which was taken out of the anime, has the main character's boyfriend come into the real world and their romance in the real world is magical and they must journey to the fantasy world again.

Ayashi no Ceres, the manga, not the anime, is a good story. The main character finds out that they have deadly powers and their boyfriend is working for a company that is trying to destroy her. It's a great manga series, but the aniem takes out about half of the plot, cutting out volumes 6, 7, 9, 10 parts of 2 and 3 and 8 and cannot compare to the manga.

Like the previous poster mentioned, there's a lot of great mahou shoujo anime. In Sailor Moon, 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action version, the main character gets a great boyfriend who was her lover reincarnated from the past, finds out about their past as prince and princess, gets married to her boyfriend and they become king and queen in the future and have a child. They go through many obstacles as new events appear and new twists and turns enter. They are a wonderful couple.

I gave my recomendations because the previous poster was able to give one similar to mine, so if they can give their recomendations, I can give mine.
Old 2006-09-16, 19:35   Link #7
xeph0n

Shakugan no Shana is an excellent anime :P of course i watched it. It's an anime that will stick with me forever.

I've recently completed This Ugly and Beautiful World it was also an awesome series this was the one i forgot to list >_<.

As for Fate/stay night and Rahxephon(xeph0n from my name ) i finished but still great suggestions.

Zegapain
Märchen Awakens Romance
Flame of Recca
Rave Master
Gantz
-these series seem to be of interest to me

im not so sure about noein, Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku, or Dual at my first impression
Old 2006-09-16, 22:20   Link #8
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeph0n
Hey guys, im looking for an anime where the person lives a normal life like going to school or whatever normal life is (when i mean normal i mean what the character usually does so if fantasy, mechs.. etc.. is normal in the story then its fine),and suddenly comes across something thats out of this world or something which brings it to sci-fi or fantasy . Then the character has responsibilties to face and brings him(preferably male no offense to females) through an adventure/action.
Sounds like The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Fate Stay Night to me.
Old 2006-09-17, 07:28   Link #9
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Hm. That reminds me. Watch Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Old 2006-09-17, 08:05   Link #10
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ lol lol it had to be sed
for something not up there i suggest onegai teacher

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-17, 10:21   Link #11
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Hm. That reminds me. Watch Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Yes. A guy wakes up meets a HAWT vampire who says that she was killed by him. Good anime, really.
Old 2006-09-17, 11:32   Link #12
xeph0n

Omg how did i forget about Shingetsutan Tsukihime and onegai teacher they were both series that fit my description >_<. sry i completed both of them as well as onegai twins if someone suggests it . Oh, and if someone were to mention blood+(cuz Shingetsutan Tsukihime reminded me of vampires heh.), im currently following and so far its pretty cool <3 saya.
Old 2006-09-17, 11:37   Link #13
xeph0n

And The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi isn't really what im looking for as of right now :P. Probably a more sci-fish or fantasy, adventure/action is what im after and comedy is always good in a series but not always.
Old 2006-09-17, 12:48   Link #14
miaka

Jyu Oh Sei - sci-fi survival action
Otogi Juushi Akazukin - fantasy, adventure
Kyou Kara Maou - action, adventure but with a little BL
Demonbane TV - mecha action
Old 2006-09-17, 13:01   Link #15
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
Since you mentioned onegai teacher you also have to include

Onegai Twins- About a guy living alone as a freelance programmer, one day 2 girls show up at his house claiming to be his sister...sounds like it fits your request?
Old 2006-09-17, 13:25   Link #16
Asfad

Just finished watching Uninhabited Planet Survive recently, fits what your looking for, for the most part. Sci-fi/adventure.
Old 2006-09-17, 14:30   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeph0n
Omg how did i forget about Shingetsutan Tsukihime and onegai teacher they were both series that fit my description >_<. sry i completed both of them as well as onegai twins if someone suggests it . Oh, and if someone were to mention blood+(cuz Shingetsutan Tsukihime reminded me of vampires heh.), im currently following and so far its pretty cool <3 saya.
well so youve already seen onegai teacher
another one that just smacks me in the face and its so obviouse i duno why i didnt mention before would have to be bleach

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-17, 15:42   Link #18
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Check out Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Sakura-kun lives a normal live. until a cute Angel from the Future starts to live in his room

Or Rozen Maiden (träumend)
Quote:
Sakurada Jun was in the second grade of junior high, but he dropped out of school because he had problems socializing with his classmates. After he quit school, Jun refused to go out, and spent all his time at home shopping on the internet for `weird` or `cursed` items. One day, a mysterious box appeared in the middle of his room. When he opened the box, he found a sophisticated doll, which looked so real that it appeared to be alive...

(taken from Animenfo)
One of the Best shows ever
Old 2006-09-17, 16:28   Link #19
xeph0n

Icy and miaka, really nice recomendations i'll be sure to check them out

Well considering i watched onegai teacher, i watched onegai twins next because i heard it was a sequel to onegai teacher =/ sadly it didnt feel like a sequel to me.

As for bleach... i mean i don't think theres a person that watches anime doesn't know bleach... >_> how do these anime get so popular anyway..
Old 2006-09-24, 17:45   Link #20
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
i dont think they really wanted it to be a sequel, but i liked it anyway, just as much as i like onegai teacher