Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-20, 13:09   Link #1
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

[Manga] Chapter 336 Discussion

Surprising early chapter.

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Summary: Kakashi asks Shikamaru to move to a different place with Hidan (the reason will become clear at the end). Kakuzu tells them that they are underestimating Hidan, and they are wasting a good nice future bounty regarding Shikamaru. Kakuzu also talks about his own strength, says they are right fighting against him as a group. Kakuzu continues to talk about his egoistic self, such as, his strength and experience is above theirs, etc.

After seeing the Konoha ninja, Kakuzu recalls a memory from his past, the first Konoha ninja he fought, Shodai Hokage (for Shodai to be his first Konoha opponent that is really interesting). Kakashi says that you are really immortal, and Kakuzu's response is really interesting: "No one is immortal". Hope that sheds some light on Hidan's status. Kakuzu then tells that before his opponent dies, he retrieves his heart and makes it his own. This way he can become stronger and alsohe can continue to live longer. And right now he wants to use Kakashi's heart to replace the lost one.

At the other location, Shika sets up a trap for Hidan using Kunais, ropes, and exploding papers. But, Hidan finds an opening and attacks Shikamaru. He somehow obtains the blood necessary to start his ritual.

Kakuzu uses two of his heart to create a joint fire-wind attack. Kakasih uses water based jutsu to create a wall, but considers that it won't be enough to stop it. And while about to escape the scene, Kakuzu catches him, with his extensions. Ino and Chouji are still in the same position as they are at the beginning of the chapter. Anyway, Kakashi was thrown to the ground by Kakuzu who was about to finish him, while Hidan starts his opponent killing attempt using the metal stick he has and penetrating it through his heart.

We see Shikamaru lying on the ground holding his chest while Hidan celebrating his success. Unfortunately, this award winning performance does not go waste, as Kakuzu is the one to be injured by Hidan's attack.

Kakashi then explains to Kakuzu what really happened. When he attacked Kakuzu with Raikiri he collected some of his blood and put it inside a tube. Then he gave this tube to Shikamaru. The chapter finishes with Kakashi telling Kakuzu that they are the ones who are underestimating Shikamaru, he will not let what Asuma learned with his death go to waste.

A good chapter, hopefully the next one will be better as it might be more about Shikamaru.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:17   Link #2
tatami
back in black

nice chapter yet i wonder how will hidan react now...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:29   Link #3
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I like how Kakuzu refers to everyone in terms of bounties. It reminds me of One Piece where the stronger the character is, the higher bounty on their head. Oda should of tradmarked his rating system.

So now I'm wondering what exactly Asuma told to Shikamaru before he died. I thought he just told him who the "king piece" was but Kakashi told Kakuzu something like "Shikamaru couldn't let what Asuma told him go to waste." Does that mean he told Shikamaru something that would aid in defeating Hidan? Or does it mean Shikamaru wouldn't allow himself to be killed after Asuma trusted him with the information?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:37   Link #4
tatami
back in black

i think he told the blood link thing
Old 2006-12-20, 13:44   Link #5
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
i think he told the blood link thing
You're probably right. But didn't Shika know that already?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:45   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
...Kakashi told Kakuzu something like "Shikamaru couldn't let what Asuma told him go to waste." ...
I am not sure about the exact translation, but to me it seems more like the information they obtained through Asuma's suffering and at the end his death, rather than Asuma giving him another piece of information. During that fight, it was Shikamaru who made that blood related connection before Asuma told him anything regarding that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:46   Link #7
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
You're probably right. But didn't Shika know that already?
well i hope not..cuz its not a really big secret at all...
Old 2006-12-20, 13:59   Link #8
Razz

I'm just grateful Deidara wasn't killed off along with Sasori because this time it seems this pair's days are over. I don't see either of them escaping, and Akatsuki teams never have backup help. Seems like the trend is to die after capturing a Bijuu :/
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 15:23   Link #9
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Ah seems like an interesting chapter, but will this fight go on? That's only two of his "hearts" or "masks" or whatever you want to call them...unless Kakashi's blood sample got bits from every heart. If not, there's three more that need to be killed. Hidan's greatly weakened now because of what he did to himself but he's not completely a non-factor yet.

If you look at chapter 335, there's one frame where Kakuzu looks concerned at what Kakashi gave Shikamaru. He might've predicted this or maybe found a way out?
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 15:31   Link #10
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

I liked this chapter very much, really like shika's expression in the end of the chapter.
And maybe if kakashi got a sample of kakuzu's blood and not a sample from one of the mask's, then maybe the masks will die, since he got the main one or something, like the masks won't work without the real deal!
Old 2006-12-20, 16:11   Link #11
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Ah seems like an interesting chapter, but will this fight go on? That's only two of his "hearts" or "masks" or whatever you want to call them...unless Kakashi's blood sample got bits from every heart. If not, there's three more that need to be killed. Hidan's greatly weakened now because of what he did to himself but he's not completely a non-factor yet.

If you look at chapter 335, there's one frame where Kakuzu looks concerned at what Kakashi gave Shikamaru. He might've predicted this or maybe found a way out?
I am hoping that Kakuzu doesnt die like that.... but doesnt his blood flow through all the hearts though?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 16:34   Link #12
lainex9

i wonder if Kakuzu can repair the heart in his chest. if not he could probably take one of the hearts from his ghost buddys and put it into his body. i doubt it means death, but it does sound like one less heart for Kakashi to worry about.
lainex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:10   Link #13
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Yeah it actually would be more fun to see the fight continue, and see how they slowly get closer to killing the last heart.
And It SHOULD get easier, since he can't use all of the different element jutsus anymore.
Old 2006-12-20, 17:22   Link #14
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

If he could repair the hearts, he wouldn't need to replace them would he?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:26   Link #15
gekko

didnt anyone found this funny:

Quote:
Kakuzu
H-how...
when did you get...an opening? (for taking his blood)

Kakashi: When I punched that hole in your chest with Raikiri
like DUUUH, is Kakuzu stupid or what? When else?
gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:47   Link #16
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

I wonder how it would have ended if kakashi didn't join team shika
they would probably be quite dead atm :P
Old 2006-12-20, 17:48   Link #17
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
The more Akatsuki memebers they kill the better it is for Sasuke and Oro Thanks Kakashi
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:12   Link #18
Nanatsu

Seems like I was right about Kakashi collecting the blood with Raikiri and using it against Kazuku Hate to say it but I'm pleased that I thought of that. While I was reading that, for a moment I thought they were going to say that Kakuzu had the first's heart in there somewhere. It was a better chapter than I thought it'd be so I'm happy about it. Shika proves once again that his brains > brawn.
Nanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:30   Link #19
^Shikamaru^

Great chapter, can't wait to read the next.
I wonder how he did it, it looked like Shikamaru cut himself and flung out Kakuzu blood for Hidan to use... it was so quick.
^Shikamaru^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:54   Link #20
Slayerx

Y'know one thing i was wondering last chapter was why doesn't kakuzu mix elements like wind and fire to create an inferno... and well, looks like he's finally doing just that... and so far it seems kakuzu lost water and earth elements, not to big of a lost though, his earth attacks wouldn't do much good against kakashi's lighting, and with no fire users, the water doesn't give him an advantage... and though earth would have done well to counter water by kakashi, kakuzu can use fire and wind mix to create fire strong enough to counter....

I'm really not sure about either the fate of hiden of kakuzu...

Kakuzu seems more like the one closest to death... though we don't know the exact nature of his abilities, we know his abilities and they know how to kill him... i mean if this battle continues on with them killing each of Kakuzu's hearts, it would kinda ridiculous for him to escape, cause then he would just gather more hearts and then our heros will ONCE AGAIN, need to kill him 5 times... so unless kakuzu bails out soon, he could be meeting his death in the next few chapters... Though kakuzu, could bail out with only one heart and still have something better for the next fight; like coming back with even more than 5 hearts... it will be a shame to see kakuzu die, he seems like one of the more interesting members... hmm on second thought though, one thing we haven't see out of Kakuzu is when he gets so serious in a fight that he goes sort of berserk to the point where he may accidently kill his partner...

Hiden on the other hand, doesn't seem like he has much more to offer either... it doesn't seem like he has much left to show us in terms of abilities... however, we do still need to learn more about the exact nature of his abilities, his god and such... and hiden also has the similar aura of charisma around him much like deidara (also of whome didn't seem like he had much left to show us)... not to mention he's one of the newest members to akatsuki... and there's always the possibility that his god has granted him so other abilities... so ya, right now, i kinda feel like hiden has a higher chance os survival...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote