AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 01:37   Link #1
shoggoth80

Oh no, another suggestion thread!

This seems to be what this forum is made for.
Looking for older titles if you please (although I won't hold a grudge for well made newer titles either).

I've been watching some of the older titles that I know of, like Dagger of Kamui, Venus Wars, Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, El-hazard, Golgo 13 (the Professional, and Queen Bee), Space Battlship Yamato, Macross.

To some people, I probably own a rediculous amount of anime/cartoons... but I am always on the lookout for more (picked up 8Man After Vol.1-3 on the dirt cheap). I am lagely into Fantasy and Sci-Fi titles... not so big on the romance kind of stuff. I also recently got a Laser Disc player... so if anyone can recommend something that wasn't released to DVD, or in some cases not even VHS (I read that a lot of anime was put out onto LD) I'd like titles and feedback (even in the form of a PM, or an email if it would be too extensive to put onto the forum)...I need an excuse to give the machine a test run afterall.

I've been following Bleach for the most part, and Naruto as well. These are alright shows, and I have very little complaints against them. I just figured I would cover that base right off since I know that these are insanely popular.
Old 2007-04-16, 12:17   Link #2
miaka

old title
nadesico - sci-fi
lost universe - sci-fi adventure
slayers - fantasy adventure
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia - scifi/adventure

slightly new
scrapped princess - fantasy/adventure
the third - fantasy/scifi/adventure
Old 2007-04-16, 20:34   Link #3
shoggoth80

I heard Lost Universe was pretty good.
I've been thinking about picking up Nadesico when I catch up with watching all the other stuff I have snagged. Lots on VHS and for dirt cheap, so it is hard to complain on that end.

How many volumes were made for Nadia? I know where I can get 2-8 and 10 on VHS at 6 tapes for $10. That would leave me picking up at least #1 and #9. It is highly likely that I would have to find even more than that, as I know that for some reason, there are like 1-3 episodes per cassette... no joke... I just bought the last tape of 8 Man After... a 4 episode OVA... consisiting of 4 cassettes. It's strange the way the stuff is marketed. With something that short, one would think that it would be easy to press it to disc, or record it to tape all at once, instead of being put out in a serial fashion. I can understand the serial route when dealing with something longer.

I have Scrapped Princess, though I have not watched all of it yet (wrapped up in half a dozen other shows at the moment). This sort of happens from time to time. This is partially why some of the recent acquisistions have been feature length films... easier to watch and move on. Both feature length films, and serials have their place though, and both are enjoyable.
Closed Thread