AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-01-16, 16:04   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 385 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pics and direct translations.
Summaries are ok, crops of pics are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-01-16 at 21:20.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 16:30   Link #2
Pentium
Uchiha

Yay first post! Hope some god spoilers turn up

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 16:37   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Hope This Chapter About Itachi....I Don't Want To see Tobi Yet..^^
Old 2008-01-16, 16:55   Link #4
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

i hope Sasuke gets his A** handed to him
Old 2008-01-16, 17:29   Link #5
Bajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
i hope Sasuke gets his A** handed to him
Here! Here!
Bajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 17:31   Link #6
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

So Every one Hate Sasuke..^^
I'm Glad To hear That..
Old 2008-01-16, 17:54   Link #7
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
So Every one Hate Sasuke..^^
I'm Glad To hear That..
Spoilers point torwards it all being Genjutsu and then more talking

DOWN WITH SASUKE
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 18:04   Link #8
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
Sasuke will out live you all down with naruto that #1 failure of a ninja ; D oh and down with kakashi that loser it would be ideal if itachi and sasuke teamed up to destroy konoha and then the world yay go sasuke
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 18:45   Link #9
BlackShinobi07

Hey, hey. Whats with all the Sasuke hate. Not that I'm excited about his fight, but we haven't seen the full extent of his abilities just yet. I really want to see team Konoha vs Tobi.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 19:07   Link #10
Irkalla
I asked for this

I also read in some spoiler that after Kakashi saw Obito he went like: You are...obviously hinting him to be Obi. Fake imho.
Old 2008-01-16, 19:07   Link #11
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Hey, hey. Whats with all the Sasuke hate. Not that I'm excited about his fight, but we haven't seen the full extent of his abilities just yet. I really want to see team Konoha vs Tobi.
Well, I really would rather not see a fight..I mean, the last chapter dissapointed me, I mean, all the did was stare at eachother, did a flip or two, and then Sasuke stabed Itachi twice and was like "I SAID THIS IS THE END YOU MURDEROUS TRADORIS FUCK!"....Then was like TO BE CONTINUED!....What I'm more interested in is that question
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 19:18   Link #12
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well, I really would rather not see a fight..I mean, the last chapter dissapointed me, I mean, all the did was stare at eachother, did a flip or two, and then Sasuke stabed Itachi twice and was like "I SAID THIS IS THE END YOU MURDEROUS TRADORIS FUCK!"....Then was like TO BE CONTINUED!....What I'm more interested in is that question
I though that was quite right. I mean like Sasuke all convinced he won even saying something like that...It's quite obvious that he is going to lose at this point.
Old 2008-01-16, 19:20   Link #13
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
I though that was quite right. I mean like Sasuke all convinced he won even saying something like that...It's quite obvious that he is going to lose at this point.

Or atleast Itachi won't let him win. (If you know what I mean)

Itachi is dire to the plot apparently, they'll keep him around so long as Tobi is around.
Old 2008-01-16, 19:38   Link #14
vision55

If itachi loses that quickly, Kishimoto has to be the laziest writer EVER! or has nothing left in his imaginary tank.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 19:58   Link #15
itachi29al

Spoiler for spoiler 1:

Spoiler for spoilers 2:

Spoiler for spoiler 3:

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2008-01-16, 20:08   Link #16
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Spoiler for spoiler 1:

Spoiler for spoilers 2:

Spoiler for spoiler 3:

Spoiler for pic:
lol I didn't even think to copy / paste people's post off NF lol.

Lots of "Full Scripts" Out, the text translation in the picture is quite interesting.

But it does support part of the spoilers if it's true.
Old 2008-01-16, 20:43   Link #17
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Exactly, which is why I really just want to skip this fight and get to team Konoha and Tobi. It'll just be a staring match for who knows how many chapters. And IDK, maybe its just me, but when an entire chapter is devoted to their fight and it all turns out to be genjutsu, I find it to very iritating and a wast of time and energy on Kishi's part and ours.
Old 2008-01-16, 21:12   Link #18
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Quote:
Exactly, which is why I really just want to skip this fight and get to team Konoha and Tobi. It'll just be a staring match for who knows how many chapters. And IDK, maybe its just me, but when an entire chapter is devoted to their fight and it all turns out to be genjutsu, I find it to very iritating and a wast of time and energy on Kishi's part and ours.
I dont really understand this logic. If anything a genjutsu fight adds a lawyer of complexity to a normal ninjutsu brawl. All fights begin and end eventually so i dont understand how anyone could see it as a waste of time since if you think like that all the manga is a waste of time. What makes some fights special is the meaning behind them (story wise) and separates the great fights from the ok fights like the tobi vs konoha. It's a story being told through fights and some have deeper and greater meaning than others. Draw your own conclusions on which is which..

..Irrespective of whether people like or dislike particular characters that is..
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 21:21   Link #19
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Thumbs down

Quote:
Oh yea...It was very dissapointing..Perhaps if they got to some Taijutsu (where they are not moving uber fast and we can accually see them and there isn't a whole punch of sound effect words and lines...) then I would be more interested in the fight.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 21:22   Link #20
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
I dont really understand this logic. If anything a genjutsu fight adds a lawyer of complexity to a normal ninjutsu brawl. All fights begin and end eventually so i dont understand how anyone could see it as a waste of time since if you think like that all the manga is a waste of time. What makes some fights special is the meaning behind them (story wise) and separates the great fights from the ok fights like the tobi vs konoha. It's a story being told through fights and some have deeper and greater meaning than others. Draw your own conclusions on which is which..

..Irrespective of whether people like or dislike particular characters that is..
I found the last genjustu fight particularly senseless because it didn't move the story along at all. The only thing that happened was Itachi getting stabbed, which is most likely yet another pointless genjustu.