AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-08-27, 12:14   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 414 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-08-27 at 12:54.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 12:20   Link #2
Blaine

Found some possible spoilers, none of the following are confirmed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here are some confirmed images and spoilers.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-08-27 at 12:53. Reason: Too many pics
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 12:21   Link #3
james0246

There are actual images out, so:

Sasuke is whipped again (Suigetsu is dead or unconscious?), but then has a flashback to Team 7 and is able to use a MS ability (presumably one of the main three considering the fact that his eye is shown to be bleeding). Hopefully this chapter (or more likely the next) will finally confirm some of Sasuke's abilities.

Oh yeah, and Naruto seems to be very close in mastering Senjutsu.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 12:27   Link #4
Mists

Seems like typical cliche Shonen junk...who believes Sasuke won't win regardless of help or not?

I guess a more firm question is who believes the Hachibi will come out of this victoriously?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:01   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

-Naruto starts to get used to Senjutsu, he is raising one of the big toad statue.
-Juugo and Karin try to heal Sasuke while Suigetsu protects them with a water shield.
-Suigetsu cannot withhold the might of the Hachibi and is badly damaged, if not killed.
-Sasuke is now well enough to see that, it pisses him off and apparently make him remember his bound with Team 7, he uses Amaterasu against the 8 tails.
Old 2008-08-27, 13:12   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Apparently the Hachibi's fellow Cloud nin are also watching the battle. I don't think Suigetsu's really dead, but Sasuke thinking he's dead will get him pissed enough to take things up a notch.

Naruto's already getting super-strength? Is hermit-mode far behind?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:14   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
-Sasuke is now well enough to see that, it pisses him off and apparently make him remember his bound with Team 7, he uses Amaterasu against the 8 tails.
So it is Amaterasu. Since we see his little "Eye of the Jew", I guess this fully confirms that other MS-users can use Amaterasu.
Old 2008-08-27, 13:23   Link #8
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
^ Apparently the Hachibi's fellow Cloud nin are also watching the battle. I don't think Suigetsu's really dead, but Sasuke thinking he's dead will get him pissed enough to take things up a notch.

and they mention that the Kage of the cloud told the 8 tails to never fully change into his Bijuu.

and lol, at Sasuke, fronting like he's a villain now he is having hot flashes bout team 7.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:27   Link #9
Pentium
Uchiha

Come on Naruto learn some techniques you gimp!

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:39   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm not sure Naruto will have an hermit mode like Jiraiya, Naruto will success where Jiraiya failed and he will probably be able to use Senjutsu whenever he wishes without partially transforming into a toad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So it is Amaterasu [...] I guess this fully confirms that other MS-users can use Amaterasu.
Well it was pretty much confirmed in the 2nd Data Book.
Old 2008-08-27, 14:21   Link #11
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So it is Amaterasu. Since we see his little "Eye of the Jew", I guess this fully confirms that other MS-users can use Amaterasu.
It's good because:
- there is no plot hole, all is according to the info in the data book, and also Kakashi's knowledge of amaterasu is justified
- the legendary MS jutsu which have such cool sounding names like god of the moon and sun have a reason to have such cool names, it's not like some specific unknown MS jutsu like Kakashi's only MS jutsu or Itachi's 3rd unique secret MS jutsu
- the bleeding confirms that Sasuke has achieved only MS, that's according to Madara's/Itachi's story about the evolution of MS. It confirms that Sasuke is not godlike, there are indeed serious limits of his powers.
- this was maybe already planned by Madara, i mean he could have planned to have Sasuke use his MS to the limits so he begins to get blind and therefore he finally accepts Itachi's eyes. Assuming Madara really wants that to happen, but it's difficult to understand what is Madara's plan with Sasuke now.
- there's a good possibility that Sasuke becomes blind against Naruto, if they ever fight. In that case Naruto may allow him to take Itachi's eyes, when he finally understands who Itachi really was and what he wanted for Sasuke and Konoha.
- if Sasuke takes Itachi's eyes he will have cool looking eyes again, these atomic/nuclear eyes are rather odd, definitely not cool like Itachi's
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 14:56   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Is Sasuke using Amaterasu the last panel?
Old 2008-08-27, 15:11   Link #13
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

The last panel only has two letters, the two for Amaterasu = 天照

Now...will it work on Hachibi? And what' kumokage gonna do if hachibi loses?
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 15:11   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Well it was pretty much confirmed in the 2nd Data Book.
You and I know this, but every couple of weeks someone will post a comment asking if Sasuke has 3 or 6 MS abilities, or that all of Sasuke's MS abilities are unique, etc. So, it is nice to finally 100% have proof that only the third MS ability (and possibly 4th EMS ability) is unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's good because:
- the bleeding confirms that Sasuke has achieved only MS, that's according to Madara's/Itachi's story about the evolution of MS. It confirms that Sasuke is not godlike, there are indeed serious limits of his powers.
- this was maybe already planned by Madara, i mean he could have planned to have Sasuke use his MS to the limits so he begins to get blind and therefore he finally accepts Itachi's eyes. Assuming Madara really wants that to happen, but it's difficult to understand what is Madara's plan with Sasuke now.
Good points, all. My personal pet theory is that Madara sent Sasuke to fight HJ in order to find out Sasuke's profficientcy in his MS abilities, and, more importantly, to find out what his third MS ability is. Of course, whether we see the ability or not is still up in the air.
Old 2008-08-27, 15:45   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

All i want to know is...so Naruto is already beginning to master something like Senjutsu.
At the same time...you guy's might underestimate this new trick from Naruto because he has always been hyperactive and a loud kid. Doing such a thing requires a calm and stable mind. The complete opposite of what he used to be.

I actually find it hard to believe that he can change that quickly..just try to master "putting a hyperactive child" in a chair for 15 minutes. He'll go crazy..and Naruto just masters this within a few hours?? While he has always been like the "child example"..

Anyway i doubt Sasuke will die but...a flashback usually in a battle isnt good. Especially when it's from WAY back...the bleeding eyes are also weird cuz..Sasuke used these MS eyes for the 2-3rd time? Itachi used them 10x more before we saw them bleed.

And if Sasuke already starts to get blind so fast...then i really wonder how Itachi did it. To make those eyes last that long.
If Naruto gets as calm as ever during battles like that..he'll resemble Minato even more ...everyone will be suprised in Konoha..
Old 2008-08-27, 15:49   Link #16
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I don't think Sasuke would go blind that quickly.

Itachi gained MS years before his final shown down was Sasuke but he never went blind, granted his vision was greatly reduced.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 15:59   Link #17
blacktail fox

kishi said said something about kakashi getting some kind of boost and it got me thinking kakashi boost or change might result from him taking one of itachis eye to gain EMS. if kakashi could gain the uchihas secret of MS then maybe he might also be aware of the EMS.everybody keeps thinking that sasuke might get the EMS and it might be true but do not forget thet kakashis team also saw itachis body giving kakashi a likely possibility of also obtaining itachis eye.
blacktail fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 16:08   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Actually i wonder...what happens if you take the eyes...then what?
Do you just push the eyes on your own eye and they merge?
Do you need to take out your own eye first? What about the muscles behind the eye all the nerves..they simply reattach?

Don't you need someone else to make sure this transplantation works out perfectly...i have no idea how Madara succeeded in this while being blind..
Old 2008-08-27, 16:23   Link #19
Hiking_Bear

I don't think Sasuke will succeed with Amaterasu. My guess is that the hachibi will have a natural defense - either his bijuu chakra serves as a shield or he has an ability that nullifies the amaterasu or something else. Probably Sasuke's third MS jutsu will do the job.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 16:26   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I don't think Sasuke will succeed with Amaterasu. My guess is that the hachibi will have a natural defense - either his bijuu chakra serves as a shield or he has an ability that nullifies the amaterasu or something else. Probably Sasuke's third MS jutsu will do the job.
It surely won't kill him since the demon will be captured for extraction. So i guess amaterasu will probably break down the monster form by burning the huge monster off the black ninja guy. And after that he will either brake down and lose consciousness or Sasuke will be forced to use his final MS jutsu, so his eyes will deteriorate even more.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote