AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 00:18   Link #1
anonxlg

psp encoding

anyone know a program that handles encode with softsubs (ie, doesnt require me to manually extract said softsub)
and a batch function would be nice
Old 2010-01-15, 14:05   Link #2
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonxlg View Post
anyone know a program that handles encode with softsubs (ie, doesnt require me to manually extract said softsub)
and a batch function would be nice
I can recommend Badak which is fairly easy to use for encoding videos.

Or if you want a more advanced (and free) software for the mentioned purposes, then use Mediacoder.

Both softwares should support encoding videos with subtitles.

Edit: I forget there's another videoconverter which is also quite good; it's called Handbrake.

Hope this can help you,

Good luck!

Last edited by TCman; 2010-01-15 at 14:16.
Old 2010-01-15, 17:13   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Note that Handbrake does not support ASS/SSA subtitles since they aren't a industry standard. If you go that route, you have to demux the MKV and convert the ASS/SSA subtitles to SRT subtitles.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:44   Link #4
anonxlg

using badak for now (using his honeyview so i know he does good stuff)
tried mediacoder, couldnt get it work

i noticed both has very limited bitrate settings, just choose your own bitrate as opposed to constant quantizer or something
i was using xvid4psp, which has alot of encoding settings, but for some reason, the encoded files wouldnt play on the psp (it works if it's encoded in a diff computer)
but if you need subs, you gotta rip it yourself and doesnt have batch

-edit-

nevermind, i cant get badak to display subtitles

Last edited by anonxlg; 2010-01-17 at 23:03.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:40   Link #5
tflops
Is Moé-ish

Send a message via Yahoo to tflops
MeGUI + Aviscript or ffdshow decoder -- download CCCP instead.

With this you can hardsub anime that are in a container (.mkv). You should click the ffdshow and check the ASS/SSA subtitles. It'll run for sure. There is already a setting is MeGUI, just download the update and imports will be revealed after updating is finished, you will see a PSP setting. Just tweak it and it is good to go.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:04   Link #6
anonxlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflops View Post
MeGUI + Aviscript or ffdshow decoder -- download CCCP instead.

With this you can hardsub anime that are in a container (.mkv). You should click the ffdshow and check the ASS/SSA subtitles. It'll run for sure. There is already a setting is MeGUI, just download the update and imports will be revealed after updating is finished, you will see a PSP setting. Just tweak it and it is good to go.
i dont see any settings for subtitles
Old 2010-02-10, 13:22   Link #7
tflops
Is Moé-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonxlg View Post
i dont see any settings for subtitles
Go to Start => All Programs => "Combined Community Codec Pack" => "Filters" => "FFDShow Video Decoder Configuration".

Check the box on the "Subtitles", and check all the boxes including "Accept Embedded Subtitles", Accept SSA/ASS, and Support for SSA etc.
Old 2010-02-18, 02:26   Link #8
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
I think Sony's new-ish official PSP file manager, MediaGo, does soft subs just fine. I have not tested this, though. Sounds like a good enough experiment, though. It always ends up with a bit of a larger file size than I would hope for, but it is very convenient that it encodes and transfers to your PSP all in one action. I let it sit overnight once a week with the new Bleach episode (Not softsubbed, I know.) so I can watch at work the next day. Can't really complain so far.

Anyone have any experience with it and softsubs?
Old 2010-02-22, 13:32   Link #9
tflops
Is Moé-ish

^
That's a big application compared if you're gonna encode a PSP Video.

Might as well take a good pick on Xvid4PSP if you're dealing with .MKV and other softsubbed videos, which is a simple application, you just need a decoder application and AviSynth, actually it is a basic for users since it has the already the imports, open or drag the video to the application, select your device "PSP AVC" + audio encode "AAC ABR 128" and it is ready to encode audio in ABR, I recommend "VBR - 0.5" in default and you're good to go.